AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 07:30   Link #81
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I completely agree with you. You wanna know why?
If you end your post like that then everyone is gonna want to know.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:40   Link #82
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I completely agree with you. You wanna know why?
Cause bitches be crazy.

or rather

Whiners be stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Correction, he didn't really win till he used the bullshit hax kendo move. Noi was whipping his ass and he was going all out. He even removed his eyepatch...if not for Kendo he would have died
Ichigo would be dead without his 500 power-ups and most captains would be dead without their bankai. You can say that about most people in Bleach.
One of the main things to consider about the fight between Kenpachi and Nnoitra is their view on fighting itself. Nnoitra didn't love the battle per say but rather the winning aspect, he loved watching people suffer as he killed them. Kenpachi on the other hand loves the fight themselves and was never shown to care about winning or losing.
While Nnoitra was desperately trying to kill Kenpachi, the captain on the other hand was enjoy the battle and prolonging it, he remained pretty calm the whole battle and only decided to end it when when he got wounded on the neck. It was shown even back in his fight with Tousen that he only really goes for the win when he sees "If I keep playing around I might actually die" which is more or less what he said when fighting Nnoitra. Also Nnoitra was the one to remove Kenpachi's eyepatch, not Kenpachi himself.
Not to mention, people call it bullshit hax and whatnot but what's so wrong with it? Kenpachi was never shown swinging with both hands, not even in his match against two other captains (where he didn't even take off his eyepatch). The only problem Kenpachi was having with Nnoitra's released form was cutting him, if one arm doesn't work what might? Swinging with both, with actual form and technique...

Really now, people bitch about Kenpachi kendo swing calling it bullshit and what not but had Kubo made some Bankai come out of Kenpachi's ass then people would bitch about Kenpachi suddenly having bankai...you said it yourself...

Quote:
I swear Kubo is damned if he doesn't and damned does.
And are you really going to tell me that "bullshit hax kendo move" is more bullshit than half the sudden power-ups we saw from the Ichigo/Ulq fight onward?

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:56   Link #83
Haak
Forever Alone...

LoP actually knows why I agree with him. But since he wants to feign ignorance and pretend he doesn't understand then I'm going to let him and play along.

For you guys, however, I'll explain why:

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Haak; 2011-09-11 at 03:41.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:21   Link #84
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kenpachi was never shown swinging with both hands, not even in his match against two other captains (where he didn't even take off his eyepatch).
He used both his hands to briefly fend off Ichigo in chapter 112. At the time, it didn't result in anything noticeable though. In fact, Ken still got pushed back.

Quote:
Swinging with both, with actual form and technique...

Really now, people bitch about Kenpachi kendo swing calling it bullshit and what not
Ken never practiced Kendo and didn't use it after his one-time training session with Yamamoto. He also made no mention of getting a boost in strength through applying proper technique while using two-hands. The only thing he gives Kendo credit for is a basic principle of two-hands = more power. It felt somewhat unbelievable for a *major* power-up. Especially since there was nothing to imply his strength would increase that much when he used two hands against Ichigo. It also felt anti-climactic. Here we had this long drawn out fight between two characters that could've easily ended in a single instant if one of the combatants just decided to use...two hands!? Seriously? There's just certain outcomes that can make the journey/ride feel like a waste of time. That was one such instance.

Quote:
had Kubo made some Bankai come out of Kenpachi's ass then people would bitch about Kenpachi suddenly having bankai...you said it yourself...
I think the people who wanted Ken to learn Bankai were being unrealistic with their expectations. Personally, I feel that Ken getting pushed into discovering a shikai technique at the last possible moment to pull out a win would've felt more plausible and better.

Quote:
And are you really going to tell me that "bullshit hax kendo move" is more bullshit than half the sudden power-ups we saw from the Ichigo/Ulq fight onward?
I'd put them on roughly the same level.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 15:59   Link #85
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
From the momment I saw kenpachi, i knew someone was gonna die horrificly XD of course its not gonna be one of the girls, or the kid or the two mains.. i twas obviously gonna be who it was.

also... Baukuya vs Tsuishimi? lol, he thinks he stands a chance?
Old 2011-09-10, 22:23   Link #86
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
He used both his hands to briefly fend off Ichigo in chapter 112. At the time, it didn't result in anything noticeable though. In fact, Ken still got pushed back.
I completely missed that...while he was just blocking, it's true, he did use it and got pushed back.

Quote:
Ken never practiced Kendo and didn't use it after his one-time training session with Yamamoto. He also made no mention of getting a boost in strength through applying proper technique while using two-hands. The only thing he gives Kendo credit for is a basic principle of two-hands = more power. It felt somewhat unbelievable for a *major* power-up. Especially since there was nothing to imply his strength would increase that much when he used two hands against Ichigo. It also felt anti-climactic. Here we had this long drawn out fight between two characters that could've easily ended in a single instant if one of the combatants just decided to use...two hands!? Seriously? There's just certain outcomes that can make the journey/ride feel like a waste of time. That was one such instance.
I agree with some points, disagree with others but to make it short: You gotta remember that Kenpachi always drags on his fights (his whole character is based on his love for the battle itself) so it would actually be out of character for him to one-shot Nnoitra right off the bat.

Quote:
I think the people who wanted Ken to learn Bankai were being unrealistic with their expectations. Personally, I feel that Ken getting pushed into discovering a shikai technique at the last possible moment to pull out a win would've felt more plausible and better.
True...I wouldn't have minded a Shikai. However what I like about Kenpachi is that he doesn't need these things. I agree that Kubo could have taken care of it differently.
Might not count for much but for me it would have been best if Kenpachi's eye-patch stayed on until after Nnoitra's release where he would have then dominated Nnoitra. Kenpachi's full power has always been, in my opinion, his equivalent to bankai.

Quote:
I'd put them on roughly the same level.
I can live with that xD

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:19   Link #87
sayde

Quote:
I agree with some points, disagree with others but to make it short: You gotta remember that Kenpachi always drags on his fights (his whole character is based on his love for the battle itself) so it would actually be out of character for him to one-shot Nnoitra right off the bat.
Point taken. I honestly hold no fault towards the author for making the fight play out in a way that stays true to Ken's nature. I just would've preferred it if the outcome could've resulted in something that developed Ken's abilities as a fighter a little further (in comparison to the shocking revelation of getting more strength just by swinging with both hands). It would've made the battle feel a little more meaningful that way. I don't think I have anything else to say against any of your other points.
Old 2011-09-11, 18:57   Link #88
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Well that purple patch of Bleach was funwhile it lasted, Kubo actually managed to last a few chapters in an arc this time!
Old 2011-09-11, 21:20   Link #89
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Maybe "Time Discipline" can be compared to the ability of Tousen's Bankai -- slowing down or pausing the time interval within that sword release. The TousenvsKenpachi fight before kinda boring like this one. Btw, I just remember, i still haven't seen Tousen's shikai?!?

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 03:52   Link #90
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
It wouldn't be boring if Kenpachi wasn't so overpowered. "Hey guyz look now ima swing ma sword with two hands and magically my power increases a hundred fold"
I love him to the death but I think he's overrated ..For the love of god Kubo...give the man a Shikai he can actually use!!!!!

Didn't I tell you Ikkaku was going to fight jackpot dude "Lucky" was the dead give away

Is anyone else, besides me, hoping that the Shinigami actually get owned? I know it's slim chance of that actually happening but damn it I want the Fullbringers to stick around for awhile and be so bad ass..that people actually love them.

I doubt because Ichigo identifies with the Shinigami the most and they're the biggest baddest mofo's in the jungle

I am digging their upgrades
If Hitsu pulls another random "I can use only once move" outta his ass I am going to retch violently and turn on Kubo. I may even break his legs. --It just my anger at him won't last because he always does something kewl after disappointing the hell out of me

If everyone else dies PLEASE LET HITSU GET OWNED.
I am in CAMPHITSUHATERZ
no offense to the Hitsu Fans. I actually feel your pain...try being a fan of the character that is disliked the most. That's worse than being fan of Mr Popularity.

Riruka's bunny ears are so cute...she's a Chappy. That's going to save her, no way can Rukia hurt Chappy

I am actually the most interested in Bya-man vs Facebook--how is that gonna go down.

I wish Isshin would at least have a conversation with one of them...WHO IS HE KUBO!?!?!? I am actually stoked for this chapters and Bleach's ranking is going back up...YAY!!!!
Quote:
I just would've preferred it if the outcome could've resulted in something that developed Ken's abilities as a fighter a little further (in comparison to the shocking revelation of getting more strength just by swinging with both hands).
this really made me lol-- I have a warped sense of humor and I like dry & sardonic wit -although I doubt you were actually trying to be funny.

That's the exact reason I think Zaraki needs a new move...that gets old but I doubt the fight is over because Yukio is pulling a Shunsui right now...hollow powers and Shinigami powers aren't that different

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-09-13 at 04:16.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 07:18   Link #91
kitten320

There is no way Wrath rip off is dead, Kubo just loves to trick like that. Just wait and see how Zaraki gets his ass handed to him soon enough.
Old 2011-09-13, 09:02   Link #92
kakakka

New chapter out.

Spoiler for 464 guess what:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:29   Link #93
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I kept reading "Wrath rip off" and didn't realize what you meant till now...good lord I'm tired.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:41   Link #94
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
There is no way Wrath rip off is dead, Kubo just loves to trick like that. Just wait and see how Zaraki gets his ass handed to him soon enough.
Spoiler for told you so chap464:
Old 2011-09-13, 10:58   Link #95
ronin myael
lost ronin

where's the new chapter thread?
Old 2011-09-13, 11:03   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
where's the new chapter thread?
no one knew the new chapter would be released so soon, and with the crappy page wasting its no wonder it came early......
Old 2011-09-13, 13:41   Link #97
sayde

The chapter 464 thread has been made. Please direct discussion regarding the next chapter into the appropriate thread.