AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 118 57.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 25.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 10.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 3.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.49%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-13, 15:54   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
So is it safe to say that up until Okabe saves Kurisu there are actually two splits for the "future", or at least some kind of divergence from that point? Before he saves Kurisu, there's still the possible future of him saving kurisu, and the possible world of him failing in which there is WWIII and future girl + future self. But as soon as Okabe saves Kurisu, there is only one line now and the other line is gone???

Otherwise, how will Okabe send a video to himself...or send soemone back to the past if there is no WWIII since he technically saved Kurisu in the first place >.>

Also. If he's not supposed to change the past, isn't getting the metal oopa changing the past? Instead, I thought Okabe wasn't GOING to get the Metal oopa, that he would get a diff color, and as a RESULT, the "present"-time Okabe would get the Metal oopa as a direct result of future Okabe tryign to stop that?
__________________
miroku2192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 15:59   Link #42
Spat
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
I love endings like this. Everything is fine and everyone is happy.
I think I'm gonna miss this show...
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:08   Link #43
tezu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
A very happy ending for everyone - and I liked it (I'm usually more a fan of bittersweet endings but S;G is the exception). Final episodes always tend to be a little underwhelming because people expect way too much. It wasn't as impressive as ep 16 but I think ep24 deserves a solid 9/10, just like the entire series.

Does this mean that by saving Kurisu and getting the Metal Oopah Okabe "activated" the Steins;Gate timeline? Which means that the other alpha and beta timelines with Kurisu or Mayuri dying are just possibilities that weren't realized? Or do they coexist with Steins;Gate, so that basically Kurisu and Mayuri both die and live?

Random thought: Kurisu made an emergency call before Okabe tazed her, so I guess the police found her covered with Okarin's blood? I wonder how she explained all that blood to them and whether the police investigated further on that matter xD
__________________
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:11   Link #44
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So is it safe to say that up until Okabe saves Kurisu there are actually two splits for the "future", or at least some kind of divergence from that point? Before he saves Kurisu, there's still the possible future of him saving kurisu, and the possible world of him failing in which there is WWIII and future girl + future self. But as soon as Okabe saves Kurisu, there is only one line now and the other line is gone???

Otherwise, how will Okabe send a video to himself...or send soemone back to the past if there is no WWIII since he technically saved Kurisu in the first place >.>

Also. If he's not supposed to change the past, isn't getting the metal oopa changing the past? Instead, I thought Okabe wasn't GOING to get the Metal oopa, that he would get a diff color, and as a RESULT, the "present"-time Okabe would get the Metal oopa as a direct result of future Okabe tryign to stop that?
It's not possible for Okarin to save Kurisu if they're not in Steins;Gate. From what I understand, Steins;Gate is possible because there is no WWIII so because these docs about the time machine are not used. In the Beta Line, Kuirsu always die. So, if these docs are still there then they're still in the btea line which means that Kurisu will die sooner or later.

The other line are not gone. They are still there in the Beta line. However, we only know one line from the Steins;Gate line.

He's not suppoed to change the past where Okarin think Kurisu is dead because he needs to do his three weeks.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:11   Link #45
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
wow...very satisfying ending...

sugoi...suteki...subarashii...kanpeki...and any other japanese adjectives for wonderful...

ahhh...fabulous max...hehe...

but steins;gate is really a very good anime...haven't watched that many amazing animes such as this one...hope there's more...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:23   Link #46
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Don't like it.

I'd rather have the ending with Okabe waking up in the psychiatry.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:24   Link #47
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's not possible for Okarin to save Kurisu if they're not in Steins;Gate. From what I understand, Steins;Gate is possible because there is no WWIII so because these docs about the time machine are not used. In the Beta Line, Kuirsu always die. So, if these docs are still there then they're still in the btea line which means that Kurisu will die sooner or later.

The other line are not gone. They are still there in the Beta line. However, we only know one line from the Steins;Gate line.

He's not suppoed to change the past where Okarin think Kurisu is dead because he needs to do his three weeks.
So it's a 3rd world line? How convenient.
__________________
miroku2192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:26   Link #48
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So it's a 3rd world line? How convenient.
Yes, Steins;Gate is a main line (the third one) like the Alpha one and the Beta one. In this main line, no WWIII.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:28   Link #49
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place where the stars cross.
Age: 22
And so it ends. The truth has been reached. After all the shit he's gone through, Okabe finally achieved the happy ending he deserves. This is truly the choice of Steins;Gate.
__________________
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:29   Link #50
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yes, Steins;Gate is a main line (the third one) like the Alpha one and the Beta one. In this main line, no WWIII.
Never quite understood the "main" line stuff. How many are there supposed to be? Is there one where they will all live until they're 200? Vs. Steins Gate world line where they might all die like 30 days after this event?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm so frigging happy that kurisu is alive and well and back together with Okabe, but I'm just a little bummed out about this 3rd world line being so damn convenient. And why does he need to "preserve" the past to a certain extent in order to get thrown into this 3rd world line? Isn't swapping out the oopas more than enough? And not to mention, how come his action of buying the oopa prevented his old self from getting the metal oopa? Shouldn't there have been a future self who prevented his older self (the current future self) from getting the metal oopa?

I are so confuzzled :'(

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
This is truly the choice of Steins;Gate.
*cough* the choice of MADOHHH SCIENTISTOHHH, Hououin kyoumaaa!!! *cough*
__________________
miroku2192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:33   Link #51
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stanford, CA
Ahem...still trying to gather my thoughts here...Anyway...first of all, I'm glad he didn't die from all that massive blood loss. At the same time though, I've got to say that those moments when he was bleeding and when he opened his wound just to cover Christina with blood really propelled Okabe into BADASS territory. This, coupled with the way he confronted Makise's father were the best parts of the episode for me - I loved how he called him a puny little man who could not possibly kill him.

Anyway, it was a great ending. It was perhaps a little weaker episode than last two, but overall, I am satisfied.

Best show in the last 4 years for me - and one of the best ever!
__________________
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:35   Link #52
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
"I told you my name is not Christina and I'm not your assistant...huh?"

Love ittttt
__________________
miroku2192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:54   Link #53
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves


I'm gonna miss this anime and its amazing mad scientist. Still confused a little on how the Metal Oopah prevented the documents from being burnt?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:54   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Not as spectacular as I thought it'd be, but it was a very satisfying ending. Even if it felt a bit too perfect, I'm pleased everybody got a happy ending, even Moeka.

My only complaint about the last two episodes is that they screwed up the time traveling mechanics, which had been almost flawless until now. The concept of world lines was perfect, but then they threw in a causal loop into the mix, which actually worked fine until what happened in this episode destroyed it. What happened to the other Okabe in the past, the one who stabbed Kurisu (an event which we were told last week had to happen in order for the time machine to be created)? Okabe's previous trip to the past with Suzuha was mysteriously erased from existence. Okabe not stabbing Kurisu means no time machine, thus no time traveling. They can't just introduce the concept of causal loop to just throw it out of the window the next episode. Geh, time travel is always such a headache...
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:56   Link #55
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Absolutely perfect ending to the series, and I really had no idea how Okabe was going to get out of that one. In fact when Mayuri took the flowers to the empty hospital room I thought the worst, but we got our happy ending. El Psy Congroo.

Easily my favourite time-travel show of the year. Eat your heart out Steven Moffat!

Wonder what the film is going to be about? An abridged version of the series? A side story?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:56   Link #56
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Never quite understood the "main" line stuff. How many are there supposed to be? Is there one where they will all live until they're 200? Vs. Steins Gate world line where they might all die like 30 days after this event?
From what I understand, a main line is a line where you have attractor fields. Attractor fields are an event you can't evade in the main line and all its sub line. It's like what happened with Mayuri in the Alpha line. In this main line, Mayuri always die. She died until Okabe crossed the 1% thing which is the condition for switching bewteen main line. This 1% thing is something so big it will create a new main line


Quote:
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm so frigging happy that kurisu is alive and well and back together with Okabe, but I'm just a little bummed out about this 3rd world line being so damn convenient. And why does he need to "preserve" the past to a certain extent in order to get thrown into this 3rd world line? Isn't swapping out the oopas more than enough? And not to mention, how come his action of buying the oopa prevented his old self from getting the metal oopa? Shouldn't there have been a future self who prevented his older self (the current future self) from getting the metal oopa?
It's not convenient. The WW3 is something really big, so if you don't have a WW3 then you have a new main line. Now the last part is something that I'm not sure myslef but here is how I see it :

Okarin must think that Kurisu is dead because he will want to save her. Because he want to save her, he will witness these 3 weeks. During these three weeks, he will fall in love with her. After these three weeks, he will go back to the beta line where Kurisu die. So he will try anything to save her after that. That's the reason why Okarin will spend 15 years working on a time machine and thanks to that he will also create a time line where there is no WW3. The only reason why Okarin didn't get a metal thing is thanks to that. Without that, without the intervention of the Okarin who is aware of all of this, the other Okarin will have a metal thing and then we will have a WW3.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:12   Link #57
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What happened to the other Okabe in the past, the one who stabbed Kurisu (an event which we were told last week had to happen in order for the time machine to be created)? Okabe's previous trip to the past with Suzuha was mysteriously erased from existence. Okabe not stabbing Kurisu means no time machine, thus no time traveling. They can't just introduce the concept of causal loop to just throw it out of the window the next episode. Geh, time travel is always such a headache...
He's still here. He is living in another main line. The other main line don't dissaspear. It's just another possibility where another Okarin live, where a Kurisu live or not etc... For me, the main line are still here. It's just parallel world.

No, even if Okabe don't kill Kurisu, he will still try to save her and so will create a time machine in the end. For him to kill or not Kurisu will not change the main line and in this main line, a time machine is always created by Okarin.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:13   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
What was the insert song playing over the end credits?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:16   Link #59
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stanford, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What was the insert song playing over the end credits?
"Another Heaven" by Kanako Itou
__________________
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:25   Link #60
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
!!! So they used the VNs ending song for the anime? Definitely a good way to go for a great adaptation
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.