AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-14, 09:23   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Dead or Alive 5 (2012 for the PS360)



Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-doa-5/720651?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

2012 is loaded for fighting games... Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur 5, Virtua Fighter 5:Final Showdown, Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena and now Dead or Alive 5.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 10:42   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Wwow....stupid....no seriously, might as well just have "get this game, all the girls are stacked and half naked"

Seriously... screw this =/
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 10:48   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Did you actually watch the trailer or just posted that comment because it's a girl dominated game.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 10:51   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The poster isss what I'm talking about. Why such a poster to advertise a fighting gamme...

I loved the series, not for the fanservice but for the fighting engine and its bad ass characters like Ryu, the drunk guy whom i hope is in this one and the girl who likes lee, can't look up or remember some names atm, driving golf cart. But that poster annoyed the hell out of me with .. specialy with the "I'm a fighter" text, I immediatly replied "No really, Coulda fooled me..."

Cant watch the trailer yet sadly. oh and its hardly girl dominated =\

I just hope, 1. No retarded breast physics(Very likely tho) 2. Drunk guy returns 3. small amount of new characters. 4. no stupidly hard boss that reads your every move @_@

Heh, I was not expecting it to be Ryu and Hiyate fighting for a "trailer" guess they dont have the boob physics in yet
__________________

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-09-14 at 11:59.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:34   Link #5
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm on one side I'm excited for a new CONSOLE Dead or Alive game but on the other side I'm thinking why????
__________________
Anime in progress and enjoying: Super Sonico The Animation, Hajime no Ippo:Rising, Wake up girls
Animes on Hold:None
Animes completed:I wanna be the strongest in the world.
Anime evaluating:Wonder Momo
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 15:15   Link #6
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Saw the trailer and it just looks exactly the same as previous Dead or ALive games only with slighty better graphics and the fact that apparently they have supers now. So far, not really interesting.

As a positive view of this, I'm surprised and really proud of Team-Ninja with this trailer; they didn't based it on cat fights of chicks in swimsuits.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 15:35   Link #7
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
I don't mind having another DoA. I used to play it and I found it fun even though it was a simple game. The more fighting games, the better imo.
__________________

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2011-09-14 at 16:07.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 15:44   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah not a bad job trying to be serious with the trailer. Not into a ton of fighting games, but will see how this one turns out.
__________________

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2011-09-14 at 16:10.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 15:51   Link #9
Mavrickjubei
U Get What U Expect
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Age: 40
Send a message via Yahoo to Mavrickjubei
Definitely going on the 'to get list'

This looks awesome! More objects to get struck by while fighting. To this day I still play DOA4. It's the main game that my girl will game with me on. Mainly because I can't read her strategy and I get tore up by her. She's starting to ease up and play COD but she has a long way to go with FPS. Hopefully this will be in english like the 3DS version so I can enjoy english yet I would love it to be bilingual so I can brush up on my japanese.
Mavrickjubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 16:03   Link #10
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
It's not like this is the first game in the series so I'm still surprised when I see people commenting that producers are trying to trick us by offering us a game that we will solely purchase cuz' of bouncy boobs. D&A so far have been an excellent franchise. It is awesome for its gameplay primary and fanservice as secondary.

Trailer looks awesome. Environments contain much more breakable objects which is a big plus.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 04:01   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The poster isss what I'm talking about. Why such a poster to advertise a fighting gamme..
Kasumi is the poster character of the series, like Ryu in SF, Jin in Tekken, Siegfried in Soul Calibur etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Saw the trailer and it just looks exactly the same as previous Dead or ALive games only with slighty better graphics and the fact that apparently they have supers now. So far, not really interesting.
And how is that any different to Mortal Kombat 9.

Also your need to look up the meaning of slightly.



Vs



That's a slight upgrade? Wow....

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-09-15 at 04:14.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 06:55   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
thats a pretty big upgrade XD

and I knew it was kasumi.. it still doesnt need to be a bust shot showing off her most likely nakedness and lips close up =\ this isnt the vollyball games
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 06:57   Link #13
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
About time those models got a huge upgrade. Those faces and hair were hella dated.

DOAX3 is going to be sweet
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: JoJo, Barakamon, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip, Ilya
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 11:51   Link #14
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And how is that any different to Mortal Kombat 9.
A lot diferent when adding new gameplay, new mechanics and new features.

Quote:
Also your need to look up the meaning of slightly.



Vs



That's a slight upgrade? Wow....
For the matter of fact, it is. Is what you're expecting at least but is nothing that "remarkable"

Look, from Team Ninja I only care about Ninja Gaiden 3, DoA game sstopped being funny since DoA3
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 12:35   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I'll admit it, Dead or Alive on the 3DS is hands down the best game in the series, and that trailer basically tells me that we're getting an updated port for console. It's the way forward for the franchise.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 00:06   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
A lot diferent when adding new gameplay, new mechanics and new features.
And you know that Dead Or Alive 5 doesn't have any of them by what... your crystal ball? You yourself said and the fact that apparently they have supers now. which is a new mechanic. Environments will also play a larger part in this.

As for features lol.. Dead or Alive is the king of fighters when it comes to feature sets. Look @ the online feature set for DOA4, no fighter matches it and that's a near 5 year old game. Blazblue comes close and Street Fighter X Tekken looks like finally beating it...

Quote:
For the matter of fact, it is. Is what you're expecting at least but is nothing that "remarkable"
lol @ the biggest leap this gen in a fighting game not being that remarkable. What you're talking about with be right if we were discussing Soul Calibur 4 and 5, (and to be fair to Soul Calibur, 4 is still one of the better looking fighting game this gen) but for this? Get your eyes checked.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 00:40   Link #17
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And you know that Dead Or Alive 5 doesn't have any of them by what... your crystal ball? You yourself said and the fact that apparently they have supers now. which is a new mechanic. Environments will also play a larger part in this.
I said "apparently", it could be a throw or just a stage change cinematic sequence.

Yes, I don't find it remarkable because in current age of videogame,s those are the graphics you're expecting as minimum. But still is nothing that haven't been seen already.

Keep your "magic orb" comment for youreslf, apply more to your kind of critiques that mines.

And for a final point because I'm aware that spekaing with you is pointless since you never get out of your bubble, I don't find funny fighting games that requires me to memorize like 10 button combinations in order to perform a decent combo, maybe "hard-core gamers" like do like it, I don't. DoA for me is just a fighting game whose main "atractive" are the female fighters and a gameplay that has not changed since DoA2.

And for once in your live, stop going all hate against people who don't like the same games that you do or that disagree with you, because let me tell you something; you just act like a fanboy, a really huge fanboy.

Quote:
Get your eyes checked.
Speak me like that again and it's a straight way to an appointment with a moderator. I don't like that kind of "humor".
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 00:50   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I said "apparently", it could be a throw or just a stage change cinematic sequence.
Does it matter what it is? You said MK is different because it added things, here in a 1 minute preview of an alpha build for a game over a year away it's obvious they added something. No matter how you look at it you're wrong.. and I'm the one in a bubble? *chuckles*

Quote:
Yes, I don't find it remarkable because in current age of videogame,s those are the graphics you're expecting as minimum. But still is nothing that haven't been seen already.
Again this means nothing, your comment was in regards to the leap within the series. It doesn't matter if these graphics are a "minimum" (lol, find me a another fighting game which has sweat trickling down necks and arms please, lol...). Your initial comment was that it was a slight upgrade from previous DOA games which is flat out wrong.

Quote:
Keep your "magic orb" comment for youreslf, apply more to your kind of critiques that mines.
But I'm the one who actually knows what I'm talking about when it comes to fighting games.

Quote:
I don't find funny fighting games that requires me to memorize like 10 button combinations in order to perform a decent combo, maybe "hard-core gamers" like do like it, I don't.
What are you talking about? DoA is one of more casual friendly fighting games around, it started off as a "simpler version of VF" and progressed to where it is now.

As for the memorize 10 button combinations.. wtf man lol You fanboy Mortal Kombat like crazy and you're mad @ a game for being dial a combo? What world are you living in?

Also FYI the best Mortal Kombat player in America (and likely world) is Perfect Legend a former top Dead or Alive player..

Quote:
DoA for me is just a fighting game whose main "atractive" are the female fighters and a gameplay that has not changed since DoA2.
No it has changed, just because it's not apparent to you doesn't mean it hasn't.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 01:16   Link #19
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Sorry, I got lost, since when did I started comparing MK9 to DoA? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you hate MK, that's why you must compare it to everything so you can prov it is a bad game, my bad.

I'll be leaving now, I don't want to insult the Fighting games master with my inferior precense.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 01:28   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Hmm... another DoA game... meh, there's better fap material lol
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.