AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-10, 11:01   Link #201
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Playing "blindly" is sucked though
Damn, I need to learn basic japanese so I'm at least can read the inventory and know to where to in playing japanese game.
It's only "blind playing" for 20-30% of the dialogue. And it's not like you don't know where to go, as there are guides that even show what to do in the PS3 version. That may be the case for Xillia, but not Vesperia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So how do we use the product code that comes with the game for the special content? (PS3 custom themes, Jude and Mila's bonus cotumes, etc.)
Make a PSN account, either Japanese or HK/Taiwan depending on version, and redeem them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:48   Link #202
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's only "blind playing" for 20-30% of the dialogue. And it's not like you don't know where to go, as there are guides that even show what to do in the PS3 version. That may be the case for Xillia, but not Vesperia.

Never fond using guide when playing games, and.. still can't reading inventory is the pain.

Btw is you not had any particular problem playing it aside those that already you mentioned?

I may consider doing similar thing in future, and yeah I need to learn some japanese.. localization of JRPG not getting any smoother at these days and its naive to think its will not getting any more worse.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:01   Link #203
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
While it's annoying having to reference the arte/skill/weapon wiki (items you don't really need, you can see the status symbols it cures, see it says HP 30% etc, and the such) and untranslated scenes, it's not too bad.

Only problem I had was with the waiter/waitress mini-game, but I think I may have had a problem with that either way. Issue there was turning back and forth so quickly between my TV and computer to type out what they ordered so I could remember.

Oh, and the new characters who temporarily join up (mostly only a problem with Flynn), because I was never sure when he'd disappear, and when he shows up next time he has new equipment so you'd have to strip him before he left if you didn't want to lose his stuff.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:19   Link #204
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Make a PSN account, either Japanese or HK/Taiwan depending on version, and redeem them.
Yeah I know about making a JP account, but how do I redeem them? Do I have to go through the Playstation Store option from the game's main title screen or what? (I ask instead of checking myself because my current save file is on my original account, i.e. my US account screen name, so I'd have to play through the whole prologue again to access the options list on the main title page through my JP accout user name since you can't share save data between different accounts on your PS3)
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 14:07   Link #205
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah I know about making a JP account, but how do I redeem them? Do I have to go through the Playstation Store option from the game's main title screen or what? (I ask instead of checking myself because my current save file is on my original account, i.e. my US account screen name, so I'd have to play through the whole prologue again to access the options list on the main title page through my JP accout user name since you can't share save data between different accounts on your PS3)
No, I'm pretty sure you can just key in your code into the Jpn PSN and download the stuff from there to be used by all your ps3 accts.

Granted, I haven't personally tried it yet, I'm too into the game the right now to create another acct for the DLC.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 04:14   Link #206
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Grr, I hate it when the game programmers make things harder than they should or need to be.

So I'm stuck on two specific quests; the first being the pig-rabbit search quest in the snow country capital. (I forgot the city name, Khan-something I believe) You're supposed to find the pig-rabbit somewhere along the Mon trail that leads up to the capital, but I've gone up and down the path several times, as well as going through the side path connected to it that leads to a "secret" area of the Mon trail, but I can't find it. >.>

I have the same problem with the "Mother and Son" quest in Shao Dou. (I believe that's the name; it's the city just before the snow country capital) I'm trying to find Isara
Spoiler:
, and there was a sub-event chat where Jude says she ran towards the King's Hunting Grounds (Ou no Kari ba), but I swept through that whole trail several times as well, and can't find her there either. >.>

Besides that, there are several other quests that I can't find the continuations to, such as the "Sister and Little sister" quest with Mira and the "Memories of Ru Londo" quest with Reiya. Also, I just started it but I have a feeling that I'm going to have trouble finding the continuations to Rowen's sub-event that starts in the Firebird area (something like that), so could anybody give me some info on that too?

Of course, any website with a sub event guide for Xillia will do; there's nothing on Gamefaqs.com yet. (though I don't really expect any quide anywhere anytime soon, since the game just came out less than a week ago)

While I'm at it, can somebody tell me where to find the 6 weapon monsters that drop special weapons for your party? I managed to find two of them; the ones carrying the weapons for Reiya and Elize.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 07:42   Link #207
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
"Jude... Take... Responsibility... >.>"


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 10:46   Link #208
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
01./00. [PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (8.379) - 525.605 / NEW

What a beastly performance.... and some people scoffed when guys were saying the Tales fanbase was on the PS3....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 11:42   Link #209
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Of course, any website with a sub event guide for Xillia will do; there's nothing on Gamefaqs.com yet. (though I don't really expect any quide anywhere anytime soon, since the game just came out less than a week ago)
http://tox.blastcaliber.com/Main_Page

Click either the Jude or Milla parts on the side. Not sure if it'd cover sub events, since it has its own section, but it might. Not sure how far those are yet, since people are still updating it as they go. I'd like to help, but my copy hasn't arrived yet (the curse of $3.00 shipping).


Also, just a question, but do Tales games have a furigana option? I haven't noticed one in Vesperia, but it seems like they just randomly decide to slap furigana on things (usually obscure or unique stuff, but sometimes obvious things).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 11:50   Link #210
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
http://tox.blastcaliber.com/Main_Page

Click either the Jude or Milla parts on the side. Not sure if it'd cover sub events, since it has its own section, but it might. Not sure how far those are yet, since people are still updating it as they go. I'd like to help, but my copy hasn't arrived yet (the curse of $3.00 shipping).


Also, just a question, but do Tales games have a furigana option? I haven't noticed one in Vesperia, but it seems like they just randomly decide to slap furigana on things (usually obscure or unique stuff, but sometimes obvious things).
Yeah, I'm having no trouble with the main stories; it's some of the subevents that are sucking, and that page doesn't have anything for its subevent section yet. >.>

I don't believe any game has ever had a furigana option, in the sense of being able to turn it on or off, but for the most part, Xillia for one doesn't use furigana except when using certain words not quite in Japanese.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 12:42   Link #211
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boy, I just started playing yesterday after picking up my PS3 bundle from the post office and the random omission of Japanese text during some scenes bug the hell outta me. And most of the red text words, I don't have a clue as to what they are just yet...

Fun, nonetheless.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 12:44   Link #212
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't believe any game has ever had a furigana option, in the sense of being able to turn it on or off, but for the most part, Xillia for one doesn't use furigana except when using certain words not quite in Japanese.
Damn. I'm noticing a lot in Vesperia (during the new scenes for the PS3 version) that I can follow a line just fine and then it strings together like 6 kanji and I just fall flat on it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 17:09   Link #213
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You definitely forget about ToD remake and ToD: DC on Ps2 then. Two remake of the same game on the same system only on a span of 1 year. Yeah, Bamco is that much of moneygrubber nowadays. In fact, i think almost all main tales games that's not in DS has been updated, in a different system or the same.
Being on the PS3 they can now use the DLC method though. More profitable too.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 22:03   Link #214
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well I finished the game this morning. I have to say, the game was great and I loved the characters, but it was dang short (less than 40 hours of gameplay, with time taken to explore non-story-related areas, sub-events, and power-leveling in higher-level areas counted), and the ending sucked as far as Jude and Milla are concerned.

Spoiler for Ending, Jude Side:


Well, with Xillia firmly set as the best-selling Tales game yet (in first-week sales anyway, so far), hopefully we'll get to see some add-on like a sequel or maybe a bonus add-on someday like Graces f. Though admittedly, the idea of having to pay more money for a proper ending isn't terribly attractive.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2011-09-14 at 22:16.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 23:19   Link #215
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well I finished the game this morning. I have to say, the game was great and I loved the characters, but it was dang short (less than 40 hours of gameplay, with time taken to explore non-story-related areas, sub-events, and power-leveling in higher-level areas counted), and the ending sucked as far as Jude and Milla are concerned.

Spoiler for Ending, Jude Side:


Well, with Xillia firmly set as the best-selling Tales game yet (in first-week sales anyway, so far), hopefully we'll get to see some add-on like a sequel or maybe a bonus add-on someday like Graces f. Though admittedly, the idea of having to pay more money for a proper ending isn't terribly attractive.

To be fair, the entire set-up of the thing Jude and Milla had going with each other was kinda foretelling of what would happen.

Spoiler for ending:


While I won't question the possibility of a sequel or add-on... it doesn't really feel like there's a deeper beyond in the need for an ending. It was generally pretty conclusive, even if it's not at the best note...

Spoiler for ending:
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 00:46   Link #216
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be fair, the entire set-up of the thing Jude and Milla had going with each other was kinda foretelling of what would happen.

Spoiler for ending:
Actually, Milla didn't live in the spirit realm; she's always lived near the village Ni Akerina.(?) (I forgot the exact name) She's always been there since she was "born," living in her hut, and the villagers knew her directly and she even has her own personal miko. (and none of that is spoiler by the way, we've known Milla has been the master of the spirits since the character details were announced pre-release ) And actually, Milla wasn't even really a goddess; she was only different from average people because she had the four great spirits supporting her with their powers, but once they were gone she was nothing more than a normal human. It's like Tony Stark plugged into the Iron Man suit; without it he's just normal. There was nothing really special about Milla besides the fact she was "created" rather than born.
Spoiler for Part of the ending:


Still, the way you explain it makes it more stupid; it would mean they didn't even try to go for something new and just made something that has been tried and done.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2011-09-15 at 00:56.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 21:48   Link #217
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Err, I keep hearing there's some problem with boss battle. Can someone explain to me what's wrong with it?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 03:29   Link #218
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Err, I keep hearing there's some problem with boss battle. Can someone explain to me what's wrong with it?
What boss battle are you talking about? I've never experienced any problems with any of the bosses.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 04:18   Link #219
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Still, the way you explain it makes it more stupid; it would mean they didn't even try to go for something new and just made something that has been tried and done.
Well, it's a matter of perspective, I guess. While it's true that the initial set-up isn't as dramatic and time-dilated as what the romance evolved to be, the fundamental cliche behind the 2 of them were standard Mayfly December.

As for the stupidity of the ending... I agree with you to an extent, as a shipper...
Spoiler for ending:


For now, I'll be content in just randomly assuming
Spoiler for FSN:
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2011-09-16 at 04:29.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 09:30   Link #220
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
What boss battle are you talking about? I've never experienced any problems with any of the bosses.
I don't know ;( My friend keep complaining about boss combo or something like that. I don't really get it either, but it probably because bosses in this game are not as combo-chainable as the previous games or something?

Do you feel something like that?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.