AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-11, 15:18   Link #1
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Memories Off 3.5

I just watched this, and i can see it running a similar story line to the 2nd series, which is fine so long as they dont follow it all the way.

Why is it though that all the main female characters seem a little on the pitiful side?

Oh well, hopefully she'll grow a spine in the next few episodes
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 08:09   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Memories Off 3.5

I just watched this, and Memories Off 2nd again. While 3.5 was alright, it's definatly lacking something that 2nd had. Most likely the character development, since 2nd had 3 episodes rather than 2.

But it was still interesting, and i noticed a few familiar voice actors

Not as good as 2nd, but one i'll keep in my collection and one ill keep getting since there's a few more in the series.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 14:56   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Hmm... the only reason that I watch the MO OVAs is because I like the games... but I have to say that I think the OVAs are quite bad... but then maybe it's because each time my favorite characters don't have much role in the anime (except MO1 OVA, however that's simply a rushed up mess... )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 16:44   Link #4
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
I just watched this, and Memories Off 2nd again. While 3.5 was alright, it's definatly lacking something that 2nd had. Most likely the character development, since 2nd had 3 episodes rather than 2.

But it was still interesting, and i noticed a few familiar voice actors

Not as good as 2nd, but one i'll keep in my collection and one ill keep getting since there's a few more in the series.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are two more OVA's after Omoide no Kanata, dealing with the newest Memories Off Game.

As I'm only up to Omokimi in terms of gameplay, I haven't bothered to watch the second half yet.

Speaking Omoide no Kanata, WTF did they do to Yui's hair?!
(I almost mistook her for Toto-chan, even though I already know it had to be Yui. [Since the OVA follow's the true ending sequence])


Just like all OVA's releases based on MO, I wasn't too impressed. The game had much more depth in terms of character development, and plot build-up.


Since these OVA's were geared towards those who played the game, I'll cut the show some slack.

Oh a positive note, I liked the male lead (Shougo?) in the anime version, since he's more determined.


Slightly off topic.

I forgot the name of the 4th game, anyone care to remind me?

Thanks
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 01:44   Link #5
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
I forgot the name of the 4th game, anyone care to remind me?
Thanks
"Sorekara".
And yeah, there're another 2 episodes on it for 3.5 OVA.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:42   Link #6
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
actually i thought the first memories off oav was the best...decent animation, decent characters, (GO AYAKA!) while the second and third seems to be like watching paint dry
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 23:35   Link #7
DaFool
Resident devil
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
actually i thought the first memories off oav was the best...decent animation, decent characters, (GO AYAKA!) while the second and third seems to be like watching paint dry
Not to mention, the cutest what I call "upturned-nose" character designs, only Da Capo even comes close to matching it.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:34   Link #8
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I personally think that 2nd and 3.5 are better, in the fact that they are much more coherent. What bothered me about the original Memories Off was the fact that all three episodes are... separate.... and that kind of unnerved me a bit. I can understand how some of you guys think 2nd and 3.5 are boring, but I guess I can respect your opinion on that.

But then again, I'm the type of person who likes "watching paint dry."

(Oh yeah, I forgot about Yue's "yellow" hair. That looked so... wrong.)

- Perdita

Last edited by Perdita; 2004-11-30 at 11:47.
Perdita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 17:27   Link #9
BOZZY
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I enjoyed the first two, albeitly I didn't like the whole seperate episode thing in the first series... This recent one was horrid... The story seemed to start getting interesting then the whole story got so rushed in the 2nd episode it left me wondering where on Earth the conflict for the main character was and how he just picked the girl he was with so quickly... I was really disappointed with it... Almost made me want to stop watching short love dramas...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 19:08   Link #10
Lost Souls
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
If I'm not mistaken, I think there are two more OVA's after Omoide no Kanata, dealing with the newest Memories Off Game.

As I'm only up to Omokimi in terms of gameplay, I haven't bothered to watch the second half yet.

Speaking Omoide no Kanata, WTF did they do to Yui's hair?!
(I almost mistook her for Toto-chan, even though I already know it had to be Yui. [Since the OVA follow's the true ending sequence])


Just like all OVA's releases based on MO, I wasn't too impressed. The game had much more depth in terms of character development, and plot build-up.


Since these OVA's were geared towards those who played the game, I'll cut the show some slack.

Oh a positive note, I liked the male lead (Shougo?) in the anime version, since he's more determined.


Slightly off topic.

I forgot the name of the 4th game, anyone care to remind me?

Thanks
There are indeed 2 other ova's, but as far as i know they're new stories, though based around some of the characters, and not continuations of the current series.
Lost Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 23:08   Link #11
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Souls
There are indeed 2 other ova's, but as far as i know they're new stories, though based around some of the characters, and not continuations of the current series.
Yup, there's based on the game after Omokimi I think. I can't wait till they finish the chinese translation so I can play it :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
I enjoyed the first two, albeitly I didn't like the whole seperate episode thing in the first series... This recent one was horrid... The story seemed to start getting interesting then the whole story got so rushed in the 2nd episode it left me wondering where on Earth the conflict for the main character was and how he just picked the girl he was with so quickly... I was really disappointed with it... Almost made me want to stop watching short love dramas...

Unfortunately these OVA's are primarily geared towards people who have played the game.

Thus the OVA's themselves don't seem to have a complete storyline.
(How I wished they finished the 3rd OVA in MO1... did she die or not?)


Regarding Omokimi:

I'll post what I remember of the game's true ending, though my memories are probably off.

Spoiler:


Well, that was the first part of the real ending.

Once each character's story line has been unlocked, the true endings portion can be accessed.

2 Endings: Neo, or Kanata.

Neo's True Ending is shown in the OVA, with several omissions.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 23:29   Link #12
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
<continued>

Before starting the story arc, I'd just like to mention a few things.

Since leaving Shogo, Kanata has become an idol. However, she didn't tell anything to Shogo, and thus Shogo's a little PO'ed.

On a side note, Neo also auditioned for becoming a model, but she quit while Kanata stayed.
Spoiler:
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 01:02   Link #13
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
While I'm at it, might as well post my comments on the second OVA series: Inori No Todoku Toki.


In my opinion, this OVA was done right.

Instead of compressing the entire story into 2 short OVA's, this one gives a summary of how the leading couple got together.

Effectively, this makes me want to get the game even more, as opposed to turning me off MO.


The only few complaints:

When Hotaru was assisting Inori on the piano, they switched pieces. Which is WEIRD considering she was trying to help Inori on the piece.

Second thing, which sort of pisses me off BIG TIME:

DAMMIT, CHOPIN DID NOT COMPOSE PATHETIQUE!!!

OMG... can't the producers do their research properly?

(and NO, I did not make a mistake, the score was definately Ludwig van Beethoven's Sonata No.8 - Op.13: Pathetique.
At the ending before the book closed, it was showing Pathetique. Then the cover shows Chopin...
Oh, and also the pages are screwed up. The left page is actually the last page of movement 3, and the right page is the exposition of movement 1...

also, and when the pages flipped, all the pages were the same.

Oh well... that was my rant of the day... )


Apart from that ending which REALLY ticked me off (mainly because I really like Pathetique). the anime's pretty decent.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.