AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-17, 06:34   Link #1001
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What the heck is happening in that picture family planning by Himeji, Minami and Akihisa when the hell that picture happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think it's already been mentioned before that it's another test of the Summon System. Except this time around it produced 'children'.
•Spot an inconsistency? Need an explanation? Pick one:
◦Yandere
◦Himeji Mizuki's cooking.
◦The Principal is fooling around again.
◦It's Akihisa's mother conspiracy.
◦Akihisa and Yuuji being the joke again.

As for that test summoning, two people would have to hold hands and say summon for the kid to come out. Shouko already called her kid Shoyuu (Sho-uko, Yuu-ji, and the name means soy sauce.) Naturally, Akihisa X Hideyoshi happened.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 07:10   Link #1002
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
•Spot an inconsistency? Need an explanation? Pick one:
◦Yandere
◦Himeji Mizuki's cooking.
◦The Principal is fooling around again.
◦It's Akihisa's mother conspiracy.
◦Akihisa and Yuuji being the joke again.

As for that test summoning, two people would have to hold hands and say summon for the kid to come out. Shouko already called her kid Shoyuu (Sho-uko, Yuu-ji, and the name means soy sauce.) Naturally, Akihisa X Hideyoshi happened.
and Yuuji? happy at the kids with Shouko?! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 07:14   Link #1003
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
That's under point 3 and 5.

And as for Mrs Yoshii's cooking, don't call the ICU, call the morgue
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 07:15   Link #1004
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
So lets see....

Akira - nah... just tastes bad. nothing serious. only needs to know the recipes and she'll polish.
It's not like she can't look up the recipe. She's still bad. Though she at least tastes what she makes, which makes her way better than Himeji could ever hope to be.

Quote:
Mrs. Yoshii - hello, City Hospital? I would liek to book an ICU after dinner. thanks.
You'd think Akihisa would have built up a tolerance for Himeji's cooking...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 08:14   Link #1005
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
So lets see....

Akira - Nah... just tastes bad. Nothing serious. Only needs to know the recipes and she'll polish.
Mrs. Sakamoto - well... I believe a mild paralysis will occur...
Himeji - y halo thar grim reaper. I love to stay and chat but I need to quickly return
Mrs. Yoshii - Hello, City Hospital? I would like to book an ICU after dinner. Thanks.
Fixed. Nice Sliding Scale of Lethality for BakaTest's Lethal Chefs right there.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 08:19   Link #1006
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Shouko...I want more about her with her future husband
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:38   Link #1007
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
It must be damn coincidence for Akihisa and Yuuji to become a friend. Both of them know how to cook. Very intriguing.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:39   Link #1008
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It must be damn coincidence for Akihisa and Yuuji to become a friend. Both of them know how to cook. Very intriguing.
all the more convenient for the luck girls who marry them.

also, Yuuji is quite set if the ojou-sama air about Shouko is true. truly a Yamato Nadeshiko is hard to get... especially those that cling to you with a taser and brute yet elegant force in hand.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:07   Link #1009
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Shouko (young): i will definitely make him happy."

Current shouko = taser every episode.

You make his life a living hell!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 16:51   Link #1010
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Shouko (young): i will definitely make him happy."

Current shouko = taser every episode.

You make his life a living hell!
It's his fault for not awakening to new world not admitting he loves her.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 17:52   Link #1011
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
woooow.... 3 awesome episodes in a row.... and ep 11 obviously the best episode I have seen in Baka to test so far.... there's no 'baka' scene in here (I have waiting for this flashback since Shouko's first appearance)

finally I got the reason why Shouko's affection never change even though Yuji isn't a honor and smart student anymore... and also that's the reason why Yuji choose Baka's route... lol
they are obviously the best couple so far.... xD
rooting for Yuji X Shouko forever....

Yuji's mom is pretty... ugh... and moe overload in this episode

anyway, Yuji and Shouko went to same middle school too, right?
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2011-09-17 at 18:13.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 18:13   Link #1012
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
woooow.... 3 awesome episodes in a row.... and ep 11 obviously the best episode I have seen in Baka to test so far.... there's no 'baka' scene in here (I have waiting for this flashback since Shouko's first appearance)

finally I got the reason why Shouko's affection never change even though Yuji isn't a honor and smart student anymore... and also that's the reason why Yuji choose Baka's route... lol
they are obviously the best couple so far.... xD
rooting for Yuji X Shouko forever....

Yuji's mom is pretty... ugh... and moe overload in this episode
Yuji X Shouko are a special case to begin with; How often do you find the secondary main characters in a harem RomCom get any relationship? Then of course, Yuuji isn't being dense about her feelings, and Shouko isn't being shy about hers is a very refreshing change.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:21   Link #1013
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Hey people, I have a little question to anyone that knows the novels (but I don't know if I should do it here or not), but...
Spoiler:
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:25   Link #1014
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
You can use the Baka Test Light Novel Thread to discuss Light Novel spoilers.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:51   Link #1015
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Shouko as a kid was just so cute but she didnt change much
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:13   Link #1016
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

anyway, Yuji and Shouko went to same middle school too, right?
Different Middle School that's why in few years they didn't met. The first time they meet again is in the school opening in their high school life where Akihisa was in rage when he saw Yuuji turn down a beautiful girl in front of the promise said tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Shouko as a kid was just so cute but she didnt change much
She become a lot more gorgeous and mature plus her methods for making Yuuji follows also mature a LOT
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:32   Link #1017
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
Little fridge logic here. Would Shouko's tasing and abuse be because she found out about what Yuuji's fetishes are...?
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:40   Link #1018
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Great episode. I like the way that Yuuji's changed so much from the way he was as a kid, while at the same time also being a very consistent and logically-written character. Shota Yuuji has a nice character design, he reminds me of Shiro from Fate/Stay Night. Shouko was also adorable, with her stubborn 'I wanna talk' clingyness. This episode seemed even more far removed from the standard Baka Test episode than number 8 was, thanks to the very condensed cast and taking place so far into the past... I'm definitely going to watch the ef anime sometime, because I've really enjoyed these flashback episodes. I also really liked the way that the teacher showed some affection for Yoshii (During the mid-episode eyecatch) over his optimistic answer. It was sweet. Of course, Baka Test has always had some of the best eyecatches ever, they're a great source of comedy.

Are there any flashbacks that explain why Yuuji was considered the 'demon' of his junior high (As mentioned whenever they're all introducing themselves in episode 8)? I've been wondering about that... it would be interesting if elementary school Yuuji, middle school Yuuji, and high school Yuuji are all distinctive and different. Complex guy, that.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:45   Link #1019
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Little fridge logic here. Would Shouko's tasing and abuse be because she found out about what Yuuji's fetishes are...?
my bet is just some misunderstanding.
Shouko declare that she'll never forget, once she remember something.
Yuuji probably say some line that lead her to misunderstood and then finally get a conclusion about "Taser for love"
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 08:15   Link #1020
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 22
One thing has stuck out for me whilst watching the last few episodes - Baka to Test II isn't sure what kind of series it is.

The wikipedia page (yes, not the best source to use but I'll roll with it) has Baka to Test down as a rom-com, fantasy and parody series.

We've had the romance in abundance (played a little too seriously in my opinion), the comedy has been badly lacking (only the second half of Episode 4 sticks in my mind as a truly funny moment), any element of parody...well, what exactly is the series parodying? Fantasy has been there with the shōkanjū, but that's all it's been - there.

Yes, the last two episodes have definitely better than the trainwreck of Episode 9, but for the type of show Baka to Test is seen as genre wise, it feels as though it's been played oddly straight for the last 4 episodes - and doesn't quite fit.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.