AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-15, 03:36   Link #61
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-That's the same question I had when zanpakuto were able to cut other shinigami. Before Save Rukia Arc started, I was under the impression that zanpakuto can only cut hollows and cleanse the souls underneath. Then it turns out it cuts shinigami just fine and now it can seemingly cut living humans outside of SS. Then again, like you said, we don't really care anymore and are merely here for the ride.
It would be fun if they could do both at the same time. And all of a sudden at the end of the fighting, there are the spirits of those defeated fullbringers standing by the sidelines with their eyes opened and souls ready to depart to SS...or hell
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 03:46   Link #62
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
This time it's "You're not worthy enough to fight any of us, so you die" which is actually not that much of difference
Well, the logical part I was talking about was when he was explaining why Ichigo and Kenpachi wouldn't be appropriate opponents. But yeah, the "I despise your style" was typical "Byakuya".

As for Ichigo's power-ups, I've come to the conclusion that Ichigo never really increased his power; at least not in the sense of a traditional power-up where you obtain a power that you didn't have before i.e Ishida's final quincy form. In hindsight, I think that Ichigo has been unlocking power that was already inside him from the start. I heard this from LoP a couple of years ago and it's the most fitting theory I've heard about Ichigo's power so far.

At first he used Rukia's powers, which were massively boosted by his own reiatsu.
Then he unlocked his own enormous shinigami powers.
The he learned how to use bankai, which allowed him to fully manifest his existing captain class reiatsu.
Then he learned to tap into his hollow powers as a vizard.
His resureccion allowed him to fully manifest his hollow powers.
Final Getsuga broke the barrier between his hollow and shinigami powers, revealing them to be two sides of the same coin, and allowing Ichigo to materialize his true full power.

So while he made enormous leaps in strength, the power inside him hasn't changed from the start.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 07:38   Link #63
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
My interest in Bleach actually returned with this new arc, especially through a marathon of the Substitute Shinigami Arc. It felt somewhat fulfilling that Ichigo managed to make Ginjo pee in his pants with his mansion-cleaving attack. Also, Ichigo's simple knockout of the other Fullbringers is a clear sign that you don't want to mess with him.

Tsukishima is indeed a fearful foe, but I'm more interested on the effects of his Book of the End... more specifically its nature. If Fullbrings are more Hollow in nature, then Urahara might be able to find out a way to reverse the effects of the Book of the End without needing Tsukishima to poke him with his sword one more time. If it's more unusual than that, then Ichigo might do the recalling the hard way.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.
Winter 2013/2014 Catch Up: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Sakura Trick and Little Busters! EX.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 12:12   Link #64
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
on the matter of Ishida being cut, what's prly gona happen is this:

Ginjou: "and now its 1vs1"
Ishida:"no, it's actually 2vs1"

Ginjou naturally thinks Ishida is cut by Tsukushima and with him
Ichigo thinks "great Ishida is back", however, "back the fuck off I can do this alone" - obviously he has no clue and doesn't even consider Ishida might be turned

Ginjou and Ichigo fight with Ishida standing by
at a moment of opportunity Ishida attacks Ichigo
Ichigo is all wtf?
Ginjou goes "HAHA trolled you, idiot, he's with me"
at that moment, Ishida does that characteristic "setting my glasses right on my nose" move with an evil glint showing at edge of glasses "SMIRK"
Ishida: "Actually", ... 'shoots enormous new attack at Ginjou' "Actually, that shit doesn't work on Quincy ^^"
what follows is an endless explanation blah by Ishida how he tricked the evil guys and how Quincy are so superior not to fall prey to that technique
At which point Ginjou gets kinda enraged, lets loose for real and cuts Ishida nearly in half, AGAIN
of course he will be forgotten AGAIN and be healed ofscreen, AGAIN

NOW ITS 1vs1...
the usual routine.
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 14:27   Link #65
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Ishida's confession to Ichigo was genuine and suggests he still considers Ichigo to be his friend so Ishida isn't being manipulated, unless Ishida is the type to manipulate people (and he isn't).

Spoiler for off topic:
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2011-09-15 at 14:39.
Haak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 21:31   Link #66
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
If they could make their way out of the slums of the Rukongai, sure why not?

Though Giriko would just get beat down again if he tried to re-challenge Kenpachi...
Idon't see them haveing any problems with that as thier base power level seems to be at least that of Chad's who is high VC level at the least and power follows the soul not the body. you know this would be a realy sneaky way to invade SS if you didn't care about the living world as long as you are sure you aren't going to go to hell and if a human killed by a soul slayer is reborn in SS.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 21:52   Link #67
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Well, the logical part I was talking about was when he was explaining why Ichigo and Kenpachi wouldn't be appropriate opponents. But yeah, the "I despise your style" was typical "Byakuya".

As for Ichigo's power-ups, I've come to the conclusion that Ichigo never really increased his power; at least not in the sense of a traditional power-up where you obtain a power that you didn't have before i.e Ishida's final quincy form. In hindsight, I think that Ichigo has been unlocking power that was already inside him from the start. I heard this from LoP a couple of years ago and it's the most fitting theory I've heard about Ichigo's power so far.

At first he used Rukia's powers, which were massively boosted by his own reiatsu.
Then he unlocked his own enormous shinigami powers.
The he learned how to use bankai, which allowed him to fully manifest his existing captain class reiatsu.
Then he learned to tap into his hollow powers as a vizard.
His resureccion allowed him to fully manifest his hollow powers.
Final Getsuga broke the barrier between his hollow and shinigami powers, revealing them to be two sides of the same coin, and allowing Ichigo to materialize his true full power.

So while he made enormous leaps in strength, the power inside him hasn't changed from the start.
Ah you remembered... I must of left a good "impression" on you--These days it seems like you're the only one


Yeah he's the only character that doesn't have power-ups. His reiatsu is enormous and that's why it took damn near everyone's reiatsu to "jump start his" ...This is why he's an Emo-Kid. If he's conflicted he can't use his powers well . Kubo must do this so he can lose the fights that he should win. Because there would be no story otherwise. People always say "Plot-Armor" protects Ichigo but that's not true. The other characters are the ones wearing "plot-armor" to keep him from waxing their asses

Ichigo is noob and doesn't know anything, so he cannot tell you (the reader) anything. So Kubo has to tell his story through others and anyone who is has a similar power, has to be developed eventually...That is the reason for this arc. Not only did Kubo have to get the "Aizen" out...Bleach had to be re-set so he could introduce the Fullbringers--because Ichigo also has that ability. I just hope the fans and executive meddling doesn't make him kill off characters with great potential

Riruka is the only one I believe is safe from Kubo killing her--but you never know with him. It's funny how everyone went from saying "Nobody dies in Bleach" to thinking that a lot of people are going to die. It's what I love about Kubo. People say's he's predictable but the "troll" label belies that statement. A predictable troll? That's an a contradiction like a mofo --You never really know what's he going to do. Some things might be obvious but not everything. Kubo uses a lot of Fridge Logic and what seems retarded or a "plot hole" (you know those unanswered questions) makes sense in context

Kubo's words "Bleach is an Action Shounen, but I'd like you to think while reading it" paraphrasing here.

So I love Kubo but damn this chapter was boring --Nice panels for color though-- if the Fullbringers are wiped out or nearly wiped out, I think there will be a second wave

PLEASE let Zaraki do something other than ....I can't even say what it is. He'd be so kick ass with a Shikai. It's his thinking that he doesn't need a Shikai that keeps him from getting a Shikai. His fans are like that too...Imagine how awesome he'd be if he just did something-- I like the fights but it's the same thing all the time....and I swear to god, if Renji didn't get some kind of upgrade I am going to mail Kubo a tub of my poodle's poop in some Tupperware
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 02:30   Link #68
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I think the only way Kenpachi is gonna talk with his zan is if somebody beats the crap out of him and puts him in coma.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 03:06   Link #69
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I think the only way Kenpachi is gonna talk with his zan is if somebody beats the crap out of him and puts him in coma.
*nods nods* the guy needs to get his ass kicked so badly, enough to make him realize that he's not the big shot as he thinks he is. the problem with zaraki, as much as i like the guy, is that he has a super-sized ego. he thinks that all he needs is his own physical prowess. he thinks of his zanpakutou as a mere cutting tool, no more than an ordinary sword. he doesn't believe that he and the sword are one.

but perhaps he's never meant to learn his zanpakutou's name. maybe that's what his character is supposed to be, a monstrous brute with raw and untamable power. personally, i kinda like him that way. but i have to admit, i am also interested to discover what his shikai or bankai might be.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 08:16   Link #70
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
on the matter of Ishida being cut, what's prly gona happen is this:

Ginjou: "and now its 1vs1"
Ishida:"no, it's actually 2vs1"

Ginjou naturally thinks Ishida is cut by Tsukushima and with him
Ichigo thinks "great Ishida is back", however, "back the fuck off I can do this alone" - obviously he has no clue and doesn't even consider Ishida might be turned

Ginjou and Ichigo fight with Ishida standing by
at a moment of opportunity Ishida attacks Ichigo
Ichigo is all wtf?
Ginjou goes "HAHA trolled you, idiot, he's with me"
at that moment, Ishida does that characteristic "setting my glasses right on my nose" move with an evil glint showing at edge of glasses "SMIRK"
Ishida: "Actually", ... 'shoots enormous new attack at Ginjou' "Actually, that shit doesn't work on Quincy ^^"
what follows is an endless explanation blah by Ishida how he tricked the evil guys and how Quincy are so superior not to fall prey to that technique
At which point Ginjou gets kinda enraged, lets loose for real and cuts Ishida nearly in half, AGAIN
of course he will be forgotten AGAIN and be healed ofscreen, AGAIN

NOW ITS 1vs1...
the usual routine.
To be honest, I can see it going down exactly like this... That would actually be okay with me.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 14:35   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
I'll stay out of the plot chat and simply add a compliment for Kubo's art, last chapter made a good impression on me...
Quote:
To be honest, I can see it going down exactly like this... That would actually be okay with me.
Sounds like bleach alright
__________________
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 07:12   Link #72
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The chapter 465 thread has been opened. Please direct discussion regarding the next chapter into the appropriate thread.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.