AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-21, 09:18   Link #141
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
So is Erio now consistently fast enough to be able to disarm Sonic Mode Fate, and she's unable to do anything about it?

Abridged: I know the role of the Forwards and what they represent, but I have issues squaring the above with his attacks against Curren. Either Curren's going to have to show absolutely ridiculous speed some time or other , or Erio is going to have to repeat his performance against another speedster. Either one shouldn't be exactly difficult to illustrate.

And we already talked about vast disparities in character showings before.
Just because you can run really fast doesn't mean you can strike or dodge equally fast.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 12:48   Link #142
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
The point is, I wouldn't immediately assume Karen is so powerful just because she took out a few people. She snuck up on the battlefield and probably carefully planned her attacks.
Vita and Erio were attacking her from two different directions in her blindspot.

Curren was not facing them. One of her hands was occupied with a book rather than a weapon, and she sure didn't use the book. Curren was not in a defensive stance, or prepared to move at all.

She still defeated both of them completely in the split second before they touched her. Using a NON-Device katana.

She doesn't break a sweat. She doesn't take them seriously. To her, that was no more challenging than brushing dandruff off of her shoulders.

And this is when Vita was most likely aiming to KILL HER, with full speed, full force, aimed right where it would hurt the most.


That wasn't planning. That was God Mode.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:20   Link #143
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Vita and Erio were attacking her from two different directions in her blindspot.

Curren was not facing them. One of her hands was occupied with a book rather than a weapon, and she sure didn't use the book. Curren was not in a defensive stance, or prepared to move at all.

She still defeated both of them completely in the split second before they touched her. Using a NON-Device katana.

She doesn't break a sweat. She doesn't take them seriously. To her, that was no more challenging than brushing dandruff off of her shoulders.

And this is when Vita was most likely aiming to KILL HER, with full speed, full force, aimed right where it would hurt the most.


That wasn't planning. That was God Mode.
Looking at the Signum-Cypha fight...
Going bloodlust on the Hucks is sure defeat.
But I was thinking... Could the book has been the one in control was they jumped Curren ?

I`ll give Erio and Vita some slack because of those cannons...
Those things are SO not made for speed in close-range combat and Erio had little experience with it.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:36   Link #144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Looking at the Signum-Cypha fight...
Going bloodlust on the Hucks is sure defeat.
As Cypha points out, she's better at killing. Plus Signum suffered down syndrome during her fight with her which explein her retarded descisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
But I was thinking... Could the book has been the one in control was they jumped Curren ?
Doubtful because, unlike Tohma, Curren was in complete control of her own self and even placed her hand near the book as if the book was following her commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I`ll give Erio and Vita some slack because of those cannons...
Those things are SO not made for speed in close-range combat and Erio had little experience with it.
Those cannons are supposed to be superior to armed devices, that means, superior to Laevatein, yet even with that Curren managed to curbstomp both agressors, while Signum is still able to deal solid damage to Cypha with the outdated belkan sword(even pulling of an "Oh Crap" face out of her). And even with your argument of "not-made-for-speed" Vita is still able to reach close range and connect a direct hit on Curren, too bad for her that the Huck leader is just too badass to be touched by the likes of Vita. Curren promptly proceeds to destroy her weapon as paperslice them.

I hate that smugging bastard but she's so damn badass.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:03   Link #145
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Doubtful because, unlike Tohma, Curren was in complete control of her own self and even placed her hand near the book as if the book was following her commands.
So ? Thoma`s book was taking over when it was sensing treats.
Protecting its driver was its first priority.
Curren is the master of her book, but that doesn`t stop the book from stepping in if there is danger.
Beside, Thoma could talk and cry even when the book was in full control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Those cannons are supposed to be superior to armed devices, that means, superior to Laevatein, yet even with that Curren managed to curbstomp both agressors, while Signum is still able to deal solid damage to Cypha with the outdated belkan sword(even pulling of an "Oh Crap" face out of her). And even with your argument of "not-made-for-speed" Vita is still able to reach close range and connect a direct hit on Curren, too bad for her that the Huck leader is just too badass to be touched by the likes of Vita. Curren promptly proceeds to destroy her weapon as paperslice them.

I hate that smugging bastard but she's so damn badass.
Superior ? The manga sure doesn`t do a good job of making me believe that, I`m sorry to say.
Not just with Curren.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:06   Link #146
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Beside, Thoma could talk and cry even when the book was in full control.
Yeah, but that's all he was doing. Curren was forming complete sentences.

Also stop saying she's badass, Aki. Being more threatening than Cypha doesn't mean anything.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:15   Link #147
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Yup, there was a big gap between Curren and Tohma's mastery of their respective books during that battle, now that Lily assumed full control over the Silver Cross functions probably tohma will be able to even odds with the unstoppable Huckebein leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Superior ? The manga sure doesn`t do a good job of making me believe that, I`m sorry to say.
Yeah, that's one of the most frustrating things about these so-called "upgrades". The old armed device did a better job than most of this new shinny stuff.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:18   Link #148
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The cannons were suppose to be a way to counteract the Eclipse and it's still in prototype/testing phase so I would not say that it's superior yet. Sadly I don't feel Curren is badass though...

But yes at that point Thoma was not in full control of his body. He was only able to communicate and think and from what I see, it seems that he can't really see either as he only recognized Subaru from her voice. The book was the one that pretty much did everything. It was after Lily reacted that it seems that he now have control over the book when he told it to stop.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:22   Link #149
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
At least Curren is still unbeatable at this point xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:04   Link #150
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
Man, after hearing Curren this and Curren that, makes me feel dizzy...

Does this mean Curren's badass and unbeatable status equals her smuggish personality? Speaking of God Mode, whether her ability to truly considered equal as a god, where in a few pages in Chapter 12, well, can you say controversial, she can control a few pages from the Silver Cross just like that?

If I judging the nature and behavior, if I compared with Touhou characters (sorry for out of post, but here's my statement) she is more dangerous than Yuuka Kazami, more trickster and troll than Yukari Yakumo, and she is cloud-cuckoo-land person, but taken to extreme level. More extreme than Yuyuko.

At least that is her ability and character according to my perception.
__________________
"Use of deadly force is authorized"
Zero Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 20:46   Link #151
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
She's fast enough that a warship and a bunch of strong mages can't sense her coming, or else she can teleport at least as well as Deville.

She's fast and strong enough to effortlessly defeat an Ancient Belkan Knight known for her striking power AND a prodigy Artificial mage modern Belkan knight known for his speed, when they had the jump on her, at the same time, instantly, from a completely relaxed position, without even taking them seriously, or even using her real weapon.

She's smart enough to realize how to best defuse the current situation without making it worse for her group.

And we haven't even seen her really TRY yet.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:08   Link #152
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
The sheer power of Reinforce combined with the intelligence of Scaglietti, while being worse than both of them.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:18   Link #153
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
At least her own ability arguably much closer to god.
__________________
"Use of deadly force is authorized"
Zero Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:20   Link #154
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
The sheer power of Reinforce combined with the intelligence of Scaglietti, while being worse than both of them.
Which is the same as admitting that only the combined efforts of TWO Big Bads(well, more like a Big Bad and a Final Boss) are enough to challenge Curren.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:43   Link #155
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Sunder's making fair points, but the rest of y'all just being silly now. It's one thing to have a villain who actually can give our heroes a run for their money, but you're just blowing things out of proportion.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2011-09-22 at 01:59.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 04:36   Link #156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Did the Combat Cyborgs radiate magical energy?

Were the Aces still able to detect them?
Whether they did or did not radiate magical energy would be irelevant, since they would still bounce back magical energy from a 'magic sonar.' The Hucks would not, they'd just cancel it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Those cannons are supposed to be superior to armed devices, that means, superior to Laevatein, yet even with that Curren managed to curbstomp both agressors, while Signum is still able to deal solid damage to Cypha with the outdated belkan sword(even pulling of an "Oh Crap" face out of her).
No, they're designed to be different from armed devices. Designed to counter the eclipse specifically. Different =/= superior, especially in the case of devices still being in development.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 07:25   Link #157
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Shamal tracked down Otto using Klar Wind's sensors.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:25   Link #158
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, they're designed to be different from armed devices. Designed to counter the eclipse specifically. Different =/= superior, especially in the case of devices still being in development.
Which made things even worse as the AEC are supossed to be superior to Armed Devices in combating Eclipse Drivers which is exactly what Curren and Cypha are.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:31   Link #159
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Sunder's making fair points, but the rest of y'all just being silly now. It's one thing to have a villain who actually can give our heroes a run for their money, but you're just blowing things out of proportion.
How am I being silly? I just said what she basically is. And she seems to be a few steps above 'give them a run for their money', from what I've seen.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:35   Link #160
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
It's one thing to have a villain who actually can give our heroes a run for their money, but you're just blowing things out of proportion.
There were villains able to give our heroes a run for their money in the past ...but nothing like Curren and the Huckebein. They not only give the Nanoha team a run for their money, but also surround them in an alley and steal their cellphones, jewels and shoes.

EDIT: Page claimed for my faux action knight.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.