AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-11, 16:26   Link #261
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
So... does anyone know when we're going to get HAPPYEND? I want to hear Sakura Tenge in her fullversion glory.
^THIS. She has such a lovely voice I hate that she's not in more anime.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 05:01   Link #262
Rungelunge
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
HappyEnd is track 28 in OST 2

Also Opening for the OVA "Natsu-iro surprise"
http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/nm15143886
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 06:09   Link #263
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Thank you so much OAD for making more Kanon songs .

Not only was the Orchestra version of Love Call really good , but Natsu iro Surprise's full version is probably Kanon's best energetic song yet[beating LOVE KANON and Darling Baby], it's hard to compare to Love Call or Omoi wa Rain Rain though, it's just awesome I can't describe it properly you need to hear her song . And Summer Boy was good, but comparatively to other two songs on the CD not that great .

Edit: The PV for Natsu iro Surprise is really cute:
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 07:31   Link #264
mechdra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Not to forget the Ending of the OAD featuring 2-B Pencil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bW3_SmhrgM
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 11:09   Link #265
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
KYAAAA! Kanon-chan! the anime really boost up the cuteness of the girls.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:00   Link #266
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
I haven't been much of fan of the Character Singles for this series.

I dunno, but other than the remixes that came with the BD's (which, for the record, are great and everyone should get them) I haven't gad a good reason to get them. Sure there is the comedic value of owning a song titled Naked Genius (in jokes ha!) but other than that, I haven't had the finance nor the interest to invest in them.

Until I've seen this (via twitter).

On December 21st 2011, there is going to be a Character Cover Album released with the VA cast, as the characters they played in the show, doing a cover of several classic anime themes. They are

Spoiler for courtesy of nelson:


Aside from the novelty of having Macross, Utena, Nadesico, Card Captor Sakura & Urusei Yatsura on the same album (a Kaminomi album) these are some genuinely excellent choices, not to mention some are very fitting. Having Kusunoki and Kanon preform covers to -rinbu- revolution and Do you remember love? are such obvious picks, that I wondered why I never made a connection before now. Elsie doing Dancing Star is also a given, since she inherited Lum's BGM

Other ones are more interesting due to the VA's themselves, such as Yuuki Aoi doing a cover for Platinum, a theme so strong, it's still among the best anime music I had heard, despite being more than a decade old at this point. Then there is HanaKana singing.

So, yeah, this pretty much falls under my ''Must get for Xmas cause it's Awesome'' list (unless someone else gets it for me )
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:20   Link #267
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I haven't been much of fan of the Character Singles for this series.

I dunno, but other than the remixes that came with the BD's (which, for the record, are great and everyone should get them) I haven't gad a good reason to get them. Sure there is the comedic value of owning a song titled Naked Genius (in jokes ha!) but other than that, I haven't had the finance nor the interest to invest in them.

Until I've seen this (via twitter).

On December 21st 2011, there is going to be a Character Cover Album released with the VA cast, as the characters they played in the show, doing a cover of several classic anime themes. They are

Spoiler for courtesy of nelson:


Aside from the novelty of having Macross, Utena, Nadesico, Card Captor Sakura & Urusei Yatsura on the same album (a Kaminomi album) these are some genuinely excellent choices, not to mention some are very fitting. Having Kusunoki and Kanon preform covers to -rinbu- revolution and Do you remember love? are such obvious picks, that I wondered why I never made a connection before now. Elsie doing Dancing Star is also a given, since she inherited Lum's BGM

Other ones are more interesting due to the VA's themselves, such as Yuuki Aoi doing a cover for Platinum, a theme so strong, it's still among the best anime music I had heard, despite being more than a decade old at this point. Then there is HanaKana singing.

So, yeah, this pretty much falls under my ''Must get for Xmas cause it's Awesome'' list (unless someone else gets it for me )
I'd have to say I've been really enjoying this series' soundtrack overall. The...character songs have been kinda okay yeah, but the OP/ED sets and Kanon's songs have been good to me Not to mention Kuchibue Jet, my favourite character song.

Anyways, this new album sounds fantastic. I'm already craving Purachina and Ai Oboeteimasu ka. XD
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 00:57   Link #268
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Holy cow, that looks like a heavenly album right there. Gotta make my body ready for that! *listens to platinum for the nostalgia* SO GOOD.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 08:24   Link #269
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I haven't been much of fan of the Character Singles for this series.

I dunno, but other than the remixes that came with the BD's (which, for the record, are great and everyone should get them) I haven't gad a good reason to get them. Sure there is the comedic value of owning a song titled Naked Genius (in jokes ha!) but other than that, I haven't had the finance nor the interest to invest in them.

Until I've seen this (via twitter).

On December 21st 2011, there is going to be a Character Cover Album released with the VA cast, as the characters they played in the show, doing a cover of several classic anime themes. They are

Spoiler for courtesy of nelson:
Is it this version?



Nao Toyama would totally fit the retro Lin Minmay and that song. Next track up : Tenshi no Enogu!



P.S Most of the songs chosen are pretty retro and 80-ish in theme. I wonder if this was a personal request by Wakaki himself, who at the age of 38, lived through the 1980s in his youth.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:44   Link #270
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I'd have to say I've been really enjoying this series' soundtrack overall.
Oh no, the OST is a completely different story! It might have not been the best fit for the actual show (having virtually no comedic tracks) having listened separately, not only do I think of it as an improvement of the already excellent first OST, I actually consider it to be the best OST of the year. An impressive achievement in the same year where shows like Madoka, Blue Exorcist, C and Blood-C had some phenomenal OST's, but I don't think anyone of them matches some of the tracks on this soundtrack (Tender Girl is single handedly the most beautiful track of the year).

The Opening I think is also very good, not exactly on par with the first season's, but that's due to how good the first Opening was ^^.

I haven't heard all the Character SIngles, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say that Naked Genius has a special place in my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Anyways, this new album sounds fantastic. I'm already craving Purachina and Ai Oboeteimasu ka. XD
Agreed, especially on Purachina/Platinum. I don't know why but the thought of having Yuuki Aoi singe one of my all time favorite song is just amazing I still can't believe it's happening.

Not to mention the possibility for all the MAD's and AMV's of these songs XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Holy cow, that looks like a heavenly album right there. Gotta make my body ready for that! *listens to platinum for the nostalgia* SO GOOD.
Heavenly seems like an accurate description All we need now is figuring out what the Secret track is.

*cross fingers that Kemia's Cover is Unbalanced Kiss X> *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is it this version?

-snip for awesome music-

Nao Toyama would totally fit the retro Lin Minmay and that song. Next track up : Tenshi no Enogu!

-snip for more awesome music-
I do think it is.

And yeah, that's really the most neat thing about this is that all the picks for the songs fit so perfectly. If your going to get a song from Macross, have your idol sing it lol.

(Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if they do a future release of a Cover of all Macross music with Kanon/Nao Toyama as the singer. I'd buy it, and I'm not a Kanon fan :P)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Most of the songs chosen are pretty retro and 80-ish in theme. I wonder if this was a personal request by Wakaki himself, who at the age of 38, lived through the 1980s in his youth.
I haven't been checking his blog much, but I figure it must be the reason. The anime itself in many aspects is a retro version of many show from the mid-80's/90's, so I think they are trying to capitalize on that idea more now.

If he did in fact ask for these choices, then I have to say, Wakaki -San has some excellent taste in music
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:11   Link #271
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
I uploaded the Elsie/Haqua album btw...I wont link to it obv since thats not allowed but *hint*just search for "Greetings from Special Agents"*hint*

Anyways I love the album and the new Kanon single for the OVA as well. TWGOK music in general has been a great success for me and with this newly announced album...I cant wait for more.

some pics from my purchases
Spoiler for big picture:

Spoiler for bic picture #2:


Spoiler for big picture #3:
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:12   Link #272
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
*cross fingers that Kemia's Cover is Unbalanced Kiss X> *
*Erects anti-fujoshi/fudanshi barrier*

Maybe we can have him sing Nadeko's "Ren'ai Circulation" for the lulz.

Quote:
I do think it is.

And yeah, that's really the most neat thing about this is that all the picks for the songs fit so perfectly. If your going to get a song from Macross, have your idol sing it lol.
Kanon's voice is a more kiddy version of Mari Iljima's, so I think she might need more voice training to be able to sing retro.

If she does succeed, then she would be the third modern artiste after Suara and 7-chan who can pitch back the lost 80s style.

Right now, the closest song Toyama can hit is this :



Too bad Keima is no pilot. Maybe someone can edit it to "Watashi no Fan wa Otaku".

Quote:
(Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if they do a future release of a Cover of all Macross music with Kanon/Nao Toyama as the singer. I'd buy it, and I'm not a Kanon fan :P)I haven't been checking his blog much, but I figure it must be the reason. The anime itself in many aspects is a retro version of many show from the mid-80's/90's, so I think they are trying to capitalize on that idea more now.
Most of the references are from the 80s-90s, with some from the early 2000s, though with regards to the current arc, I am surprised that he has yet to reference to White Album.

Quote:
If he did in fact ask for these choices, then I have to say, Wakaki -San has some excellent taste in music
Forgive me for being so old-fashioned, but I would agree with that statement. As compared to Bieber and Rihanna and Shakira and etc, I would say that the 80s is the best age of sound.

The rock and metal songs then had plenty of effort put into the lyrics and music (e.g Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, etc). Now it is all about screaming and speed.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 16:18   Link #273
FlavoryFantasy
┬──┬╯︵ /(.□. \)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: At one of the greatest libraries in existence
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Forgive me for being so old-fashioned, but I would agree with that statement. As compared to Bieber and Rihanna and Shakira and etc, I would say that the 80s is the best age of sound.

The rock and metal songs then had plenty of effort put into the lyrics and music (e.g Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, etc). Now it is all about screaming and speed.
I have to agree (heck i'm even younger than you are saintess ), the 80's have good songs from what I've heard so far imo. (well anything pre-2000 from America sounds better to me then all this current stuff )

Anyway, December for this album... Ahhhh I can't wait for that to come then.

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2011-09-22 at 16:30.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 08:00   Link #274
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I also like the one from the classic 80's but my classmate keep saying it's weird but hey I'm an otaku it's normal to be weird

They like the speedy rocky that I don't understand the song about thing for the current trend even though really. What's the meaning behind that song?

The classic has style and relaxing feeling for me plus it has more meaning in it if you read the lyrics.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 12:32   Link #275
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
Sorry, but I can't really agree. Yes, the 80's had good music but it also had a lot of crappy music...it's just that no one ever remembers the music that sucked because it was lost to history. I'm sure in 20-30 years people will fondly remember the music of our time because they'll have forgetten about the fad musicians and trends.
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 02:53   Link #276
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Hey now, let's not turn this thread into a musical debate. Every age has music that will appeal to all kinds of different people; some are talented and for some I can honestly say that they should never have been famous. However, someone in the world likes what I don't and I have no right to disagree with them- it's their preference! That said, I enjoyed the late 70's/early 80's for the majority of my music. From my viewpoint, I honestly hope my children won't be fondly remembering Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, I want them to be fondly enjoying The Beatles, Chuck Berry and ELISA. Well, more than that but you get my point.

Still think the first OP is beyond badass. Hell, I'm just sitting here typing as I listen to all the songs involved with this show.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 19:00   Link #277
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I've finally listened to all the songs on the Nonstop!! Hunters CD, it's very nice, though their duets are probably the best songs in it , the duet EDs are both win, and "Nonstop!! Hunters" is my favorite of the new songs on it for sure, and Good Night song was a nice contrast to it the pace of the Hunter song .

On Elsie's song; her version of Ai no Yokan was good, though she got weird instrumentals once again . Elsie's other new song Atafuta Night&Day! wasn't bad, but I liked Oh My God! more still.

I loved Haqua's new songs though, "1st Evolution→" rivals Naked Genius for me quite well . While Gokigen Ikaga was nice to hear a more calming and relaxing song from her a very good song.

They did a nice job of balancing more energetic and more calm songs on this CD I thought.

P.S. a good bit of engrish in the new songs .
P.S.S. that new album sounds epic, I especially look forward to Mio's song, such a great choice.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 16:19   Link #278
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Anyone else listening to Omoi wa Rain Rain as much as I am? It's filling me up with the sorrowful and dark feelings that I love experiencing whilst writing. I had to sum up my opinions of the song, so here it is. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying it too.
__________________

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-10-16 at 16:46.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 15:21   Link #279
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Just listened to the TWGOK Insert Album "Kanon Nakagawa: Birth". It wasn't bad at all.... It also had "full versions" of some of the songs from S1 of the anime all in one place. Kinda nice actually.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 13:03   Link #280
KNIM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Spoiler:
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.