AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-08, 13:22   Link #241
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Why are they waiting so damn long to release the new episodes anyways? Originally, I thought they were to be aired in June. I'm not an executive in the industry, but common sense seems to suggest this staggered airing schedule will only breed confusion and make it difficult to draw in new fans.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2011-08-08 at 13:39.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:35   Link #242
james0246

Since this thread also deals with Marvel Animation, has there been any news about the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I know it is tentatively scheduled for October 2011, but has there been anything else released yet? Any images or basic plot descriptions? I have some guess as to what will occur, but it would be nice if there were some details...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 18:24   Link #243
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
has there been any news about the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
Late reply, but there had been some images released a little while ago for the next season.

Here.

I haven't been following the show, but since the upcoming season seems to include

Spoiler for :

I might take a look, since these are generally stories I liked to read about.

Also, on the DC side of things, a trailer for the Batman: Year Uno had surfaced. It's arguably the most iconic scene out of the entire story, and to me, the moment where the novel had won me over ...
Thoughts?
Old 2011-09-21, 19:04   Link #244
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I recently got caught up on Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and it was quite fun. I especially like Tony Stark's personality on this show (snarky and cocky even when facing gods and time traveling immortals). Of course Black Panther is the most badass of the characters thus far introduced... I laughed out loud when he claimed studying Thor's hammer was 'informative' in being able to 'see' magic...
Old 2011-09-22, 12:34   Link #245
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I only watched two episodes of Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and while I generally liked it, I didn't feel there was enough hooks to keep me watching for a whole season. I'm not sure what it was, but there just wasn't that one thing that clicked for me ...

I'll put in more effort to catch up, just so I can see the second season, since that looks like it could be interesting.

As for the Year One trailer, since on one seems that interested in it, let me say that while I wasn't a fan of McKenzie initially, the surreal thought of him doing impression of Christian Bale doing a bad impression of Clint Eastwood has won me over!

Okay seriously, I think that it sort of works. The idea of a young Bruce doing a very brash voice for Batman (rather than the typical solemn voice) could work, though I feel like the scene lost a lot of it's impact for some reason ...
Old 2011-09-22, 12:39   Link #246
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I only watched two episodes of Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and while I generally liked it, I didn't feel there was enough hooks to keep me watching for a whole season. I'm not sure what it was, but there just wasn't that one thing that clicked for me ...

I'll put in more effort to catch up, just so I can see the second season, since that looks like it could be interesting.
The Kang arc, Ultron arc, and Loki arcs are great. It had a slow start with lots of episodes providing background info on the characters. Once they started the actual story arcs (around the episode with The Leader as the primary villain), it really picked up.
Old 2011-09-24, 00:36   Link #247
james0246

Thanks for the info Arabesque. I'd give you a cookie, but it seems I need to hand out a few more before I can get back to you .

That being said, I am very excited by the new season. I was very surprised by the excelent pacing of the 1st season (or, at least I thought the pacing was quite good), and the interpretation of the characters was quite fun and their interactions quite good. Here's hoping we pick up a few new Avengers in the 2nd season...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:41   Link #248
Blaat

Information of a new Batman animated series has been revealed along with a promo image.

Yes that's Alfred wielding guns and Katana as the sidekick. The character designs are awful with the exception of Pyg and Mr.Toad. What are they thinking with this one.

Anyway I'm still watching Young Justice, latest episode (Home Front) was really good plus a cameo appearance by Batgirl although whether she dresses up as Batgirl remains to be seen.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:02   Link #249
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, very ugly-looking Batman. Pretty weird.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:35   Link #250
Kallen4life

a kitten died somewhere when I saw the above image
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:13   Link #251
HasuMasu
*Artist

"Beware" <---- Damn straight.
Old 2011-10-10, 03:33   Link #252
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Information of a new Batman animated series has been revealed along with a promo image.

Yes that's Alfred wielding guns and Katana as the sidekick. The character designs are awful with the exception of Pyg and Mr.Toad. What are they thinking with this one.

Anyway I'm still watching Young Justice, latest episode (Home Front) was really good plus a cameo appearance by Batgirl although whether she dresses up as Batgirl remains to be seen.
My goodness that looks terrible.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 05:51   Link #253
Blaat

The last two episodes of Young Justice were fun to watch: last week there was the injustice league which included the Joker, he had a great design but I'm not sold of his voice actor (Brent Spiner) and this week we had Zatanna, a really fun character really enjoyed her flirting with Robin (well more like the other way around) sadly enough her role in the episode was small.

I watched Batman: Year One, the best comic adaptation so far it was very faithful the two problems I had with the movie was that it was too short and I couldn't get used to Bruce Wayne/Batman's voice actor.
Old 2011-10-22, 10:29   Link #254
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I like Joker's design for this series, too. Thought it was funny how they put the most insane guy at the helm of the control, but then again like he said maybe all the multiple personalities helped.
Old 2011-10-24, 08:18   Link #255
Kallen4life

GOD, that pole dance in the Catwoman short .. WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldEjOocUsZM
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 19:45   Link #256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The cat's got moves....and curves.
Old 2011-10-30, 07:21   Link #257
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The last two episodes of Young Justice were fun to watch: last week there was the injustice league which included the Joker, he had a great design but I'm not sold of his voice actor (Brent Spiner) and this week we had Zatanna, a really fun character really enjoyed her flirting with Robin (well more like the other way around) sadly enough her role in the episode was small.

I watched Batman: Year One, the best comic adaptation so far it was very faithful the two problems I had with the movie was that it was too short and I couldn't get used to Bruce Wayne/Batman's voice actor.
Young Justice has gotten better as it progressed I'm really glad I kept watching it. I can't wait til Season 2 starts, Invasion I think it was called?

Having read Year One, I was blown away by how good the animated version is not that I should be surprised, I've liked all the DCUAOM, well except the Green Lantern ones. Anyway I agree that it could have been longer especially for the price they're selling it at on BluRay. I didn't dislike the VA for Batman, I can see they were going for a younger less experienced voice, but I don't like him as much as KC or Bruce Greenwood.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 06:25   Link #258
HasuMasu
*Artist

Just watched Year One and all I can say is that Batman's voice and lines kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 2011-11-26, 14:33   Link #259
subwaygyal

spider man is one of the most under rated heroes in the marvel universe, i love him so
subwaygyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 22:20   Link #260
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaygyal View Post
spider man is one of the most under rated heroes in the marvel universe, i love him so
Why MARVEL never decided to make animated movies like DC escapes me, especially with the possibilities in Spiderman.