AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 00:31   Link #4181
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Hahahaha Isis is a cyborg? Hahahaha

I got a better explaination about the neck issue. I believe Isis is a gymnast and her chest is a hint about this matter. Her bones is probably very flexible and strong, it is more like a spring than a bone. Or may be she is just special.
Maybe, the Cyborg thing is just spèculation, but it's true that Isis's abilities are a mistery and certainly something not seen before(not in the same exact way at least), Cyborg is one of the easiest ways to handwave thbis but it can be a variety of things.

Quote:
One good question, is there a limit to the Eclipse virus regeneration ability? I know that the other two guys are fake but they could not regenerate when they are hit at certain part of their body like neck. Could this also happen to the original virus?
I don't know but those guys seem to be relatively weak in comparision to the Huckebein, Veyron utterly trounced that armored mecha-arms reacted guy, the poor bastard makes an Oh Crap face when Veyron ripped of his arm, taking into consideration that Cypha was unfazed by a much more extreme injury(the fake eclipse-guy just lost half his arm) and regenerated instantly with seemingly no effort at all i can tell her healing factor is far more powerfull than that of those two fake Eclipse Drivers.

EDIT: Page claimed for housewife Signum xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 01:35   Link #4182
LostSome

If Isis is a cyborg... She has better cybernatic than Sabaru.
She recovered very fast from Thoma`s Eclipse and got to Lily, got knock out by Thoma(again) and, finally, he cared her and Lily to Sabaru...
By the time he got to her, Sabaru`s eyes were still not working.

I`m more for the supersoldier formula with all those chemicals.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 01:53   Link #4183
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering Subaru is a "Type Zero" and therefore, older than any other canonly known cyborg sans probably Ginga it's no surprise that Isis, being arguably a more recent model have better technology.

Hmmm... this brings me some questions, Subaru and the Cyborgs, being half-machine, can have their bodies "upgraded" xD? It will be interesting to see them upgraded with an "Anti-Eclipse expansion pack" or something xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 02:37   Link #4184
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Thanks to you I now have a mental image of Isis wearing shades permanently.
Obviously, she uses Puffies for her Typhoon.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 03:14   Link #4185
mechdra

Nano tech, advance bloodline, gourmet cell or perhaps devil fruit?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 08:00   Link #4186
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Nano tech, advance bloodline, gourmet cell or perhaps devil fruit?
Isis D. Egret. I bet she was smiling when DeVille snapped her neck.
Old 2011-09-23, 08:41   Link #4187
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Isis D. Egret. I bet she was smiling when DeVille snapped her neck.
Isis "tech" allows her to grow stronger each time she recovers from near-death xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 08:47   Link #4188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I didn't intend to imply that the MS6 should just dump the AEC's and switch to mas-produced...er, Puffy's? (I forgot its real name)

The AEC's are completely new weapons which had never saw battle and still has some quirks to fix. Puffy on the other hand had been used by Isis for a while and as far as we know didn't suffer from "power problems."

Puffy could be a feasible complementary design, especially since some of the fighters uses Strike Cannons even if they didn't suit their style.
The problem with Puffy is that it uses weaponry that's illegal by TSAB standards, so it's not something the TSAB can just pick up. Principals and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I want to remember to you guys that Laevatein got exclusively damaged by Cypha's body, not her Divider(in fact Laevatein did it very well against the divider alone considering the circunstances, Cypha even lampshades this). Most of the AEC equipement did poorly against dividers(even unreacted ones) by comparission, being quickly damaged or destroyed during battle with the exception of Sword Breaker(5th Gen Bardiche did it pretty well, tough).
True, they got destroyed easily. However they also damaged Eclipse wielders with far less effort than Laevatein.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 08:48   Link #4189
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The problem with Puffy is that it uses weaponry that's illegal by TSAB standards
Is it? Has there been any statement that she's not allowed to use Puffy?
Old 2011-09-23, 08:58   Link #4190
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The problem with Puffy is that it uses weaponry that's illegal by TSAB standards, so it's not something the TSAB can just pick up. Principals and all that.
Because it's mass weaponry? Like the AEC, which they have no problem using?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 09:04   Link #4191
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
True, they got destroyed easily. However they also damaged Eclipse wielders with far less effort than Laevatein.
Superficial damage at best, in the case of Veyron he lacks the power to "react" which make him apparently more vulnerable to damage than the likes of Cypha or Deville(by the way, i wonder how Erio manage to not blast Subaru along with him xDU), Special mentions goes to the Sword Breaker because it's fueled by one of Subaru's actual abilities and is designed almost exclusively to destroy enemy weapons, Bardiche proves it's worth by facing against a reacted Divider-944 and escaped his short engage unscatched. That's far more than we can say about Erio's Strike Cannon that breaks with one swing of an unreacted Divider-695. Nanoha didn't have better luck against Tohma(but at least we can handwave this by canon confirming that Tohma is godawfully powerful at that point). The war hammer is a mismatched case, it's plasma pile function seems to be pretty powerfull but the weapon itself looks to be too big and clumsy to be used efficiently on an anti-personal level(also obviously lacks Graf Eisen's flexibility in close combat).

It really says something when your enemy is more scarred about some girl with custom equipement than of your shinny prototype weapons xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 09:15   Link #4192
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Superficial it may be, that's still more than what Laevatein managed. Subaru even managed to seriously damage two Divider with no damage in return, and Nanoha and Vita were pounding holes in a Divider the size of a warship. A Divider completely immune to a warship cannon I might add. That ain't superficial anymore.

Quote:
Is it? Has there been any statement that she's not allowed to use Puffy?
Considering Isis is actively disguising her explosives? Yes. Compare that to magical devices, which even children are allowed to own freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Because it's mass weaponry? Like the AEC, which they have no problem using?
AEC is tiptoeing the line by still having magic as the base. Isis weapons have chemical reactions as a base, making them the reverse (assuming she even uses magic, an issue which is still up in the air).
Old 2011-09-23, 09:19   Link #4193
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Superficial it may be, that's still more than what Laevatein managed. Subaru even managed to seriously damage two Divider with no damage in return, and Nanoha and Vita were pounding holes in a Divider the size of a warship. A Divider completely immune to a warship cannon I might add. That ain't superficial anymore.
An unreacted divider the size of a ship i must add xD. After Stella reacted, entering the ship became impossible, also, given how poorly the Strike Cannon did after that i attribute the "hole in the ship" more to the War Hammer than to that thing. So far none of the new devices(even Bardiche) managed to hurt a Huckebein beyond some scratches(Veyron was bleeding but there aren't signs of any important damage to his body) while Laevatein was even able to take a limb with him(sure, it destroys the poor rooten sword but it's still the most solid damage inflicted on a Huckebein to date).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 09:31   Link #4194
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And it took Laevatein unison-level power before it could do that damage. To an unreacted Huck. And then it started breaking.

Not really helping your case here.
Old 2011-09-23, 09:45   Link #4195
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
And it took Laevatein unison-level power before it could do that damage. To an unreacted Huck. And then it started breaking.

Not really helping your case here.
At least Laevatein managed to hit something, right Curren?

Still getting the upper hand De-unisoned against an unreacted Huck(Divider-944 never touches Signum before unisoning). Also Unison isn't that great of a boost, if anything, only makes the hit hotter, not stronger. Plus, it managed to hurt Cypha and force her to battle even before unisoning(as Cypha's cheek can confirm).

I'm not saying Laevatein is superior than the AEC(we all know Laevatein is garbage) but i'm pointing the irony of being the only device dealing solid damage to an enemy the AEC are supposed to be specially designed to defeat. Laevatein, and old armed device, do a better job against an equipement vastly superior to him than weapons specifically designed to beat said equipement. Yup, it's outdated and it sucks but the results are there(taking a limb took unison but is still far more than the Strike Cannon can say about it's poor performance, it was sold as the ultimate Anti-Eclipse weapon yet it didn't manage to really hurt anyone and got destroyed even easier than Laevatein xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 09:58   Link #4196
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Outdated and garbage don't really enter into things, Laevatein just isn't a weapon to fight mage-killers with. It's like the saying "don't bring a knife into a gunfight" except for devices.

But yes, you are right that Laevatein so far scored the best hit on any Huck to date.

Sorry if I sound overly defensive, but after two years of people bashing this manga I'm kinda into turtle mode when it comes to Force.
Old 2011-09-23, 10:00   Link #4197
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Isis weapons have chemical reactions as a base, making them the reverse
Yeah. If we accept that something like non-lethal "magical damage" exists, chemical explosions likely can't inflict anything but physical, very lethal damage.

Quote:
(assuming she even uses magic, an issue which is still up in the air).
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume "magic" is how she gets chemicals to fly around in various aesthetically pleasing shapes according to her conscious direction.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 10:05   Link #4198
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Yeah. If we accept that something like non-lethal "magical damage" exists, chemical explosions likely can't inflict anything but physical, very lethal damage.
Well, the difference is that we don't know exactly how magic works, so we can take the non-lethal damage for granted. We do know how chemical explosions work though, and they tend to by far more hazardous for health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume "magic" is how she gets chemicals to fly around in various aesthetically pleasing shapes according to her conscious direction.
Yeah, there's really no evidence to prove that it isn't magic either apart from complete lack of a magic circle so far (the lack of which is really the only argument for the 'it might not be magic' theory). 's part of the whole cyborg theory thing. Cyborg have IS, which isn't magic but can do similar things.

But again, no proof so anything goes.
Old 2011-09-23, 11:30   Link #4199
Justin_Brett

Quote:
AEC is tiptoeing the line by still having magic as the base. Isis weapons have chemical reactions as a base, making them the reverse (assuming she even uses magic, an issue which is still up in the air).
They're both still mass weapons, though, even if you use magic to make one seem 'nicer'.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 12:16   Link #4200
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, they are. But it's the magic that gives the AEC the excuse it needs to be used and still let them claim they're a magic society fighting against the terror of mass-based weaponry.

Tags
manga, nanoha force