AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-26, 00:56   Link #961
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
But the FSN anime was mediocre, and watching it might make one think that Fate/Zero will be mediocre as well.

I say play the visual novel before watching F/Z, or just go straight to Fate/Zero. The first episode is supposed to be a one-hour special, so one can judge whether they would like this series or not by the long introduction material.
This. I tried showing my friend F/S N, but all it ended up doing is make him extremely skeptical due to how bad the F/S N anime was.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 04:04   Link #962
Horse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
These pics from episode 1 were on the official site for a moment - don't know why they aren't ATM.
Spoiler for ep1screenies:
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 04:06   Link #963
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
The art looks too good to be an anime, let a lone a TV anime...I mean, that shot of Saber looks like it was picked out of a VN still shot. And good lord the backgrounds...
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 05:54   Link #964
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
And to think it starts airing Saturday. Pity the only way to watch the official subs is through Niconico.
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 06:42   Link #965
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The art looks too good to be an anime, let a lone a TV anime...I mean, that shot of Saber looks like it was picked out of a VN still shot. And good lord the backgrounds...
I don't remember ever seeing such high quality art in a visual novel...

Those screenshots look stunning.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 07:11   Link #966
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So they've finally revealed that the Series Composer is....Urobuchi.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4180.html

I don't really understand why they felt like they should keep it a secret but whatever. WIN.
First of all, that's a false info. That's a typo by company;
Reason 1: http://www.fate-zero.jp/news/index.html#n244857
Reason 2:

Rough TS: I'm not series composer, but I do had a lot of control over how story is told.

...

Anyway, its premiere seems to be getting extremely good reviews;
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4180.html
They say even though there wasn't any battle sequence, the art was top notch, tension was immense.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:58   Link #967
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
BTW that screenshot with Saber is from opening.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 15:24   Link #968
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This. I tried showing my friend F/S N, but all it ended up doing is make him extremely skeptical due to how bad the F/S N anime was.
I agree that it was bad, but not everyone can finish the entire visual novel in time for this series, so yeah.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 15:51   Link #969
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
...This series was first announced like 9 months ago. Anyone who truly wanted to finish the Visual Novel beforehand has had plenty of time to do so already.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:13   Link #970
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...This series was first announced like 9 months ago. Anyone who truly wanted to finish the Visual Novel beforehand has had plenty of time to do so already.
Assuming you knew of the series existence before then, sure. I only just found out about it a week or so ago , personally.
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:32   Link #971
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Well if what other people say is true, it isn't necessary to read or watch F/S N for this. Judging by the huge amount of hype they're churning into this work, I think Ufotable is trying to make it as accessible as possible.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:34   Link #972
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
These pics from episode 1 were on the official site for a moment - don't know why they aren't ATM.
Spoiler for ep1screenies:
It's not as if I hadn't seen these before, or that I'm unfamiliar with Ufotable, but damn, that looks amazing!
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 17:11   Link #973
ykf566
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
FSN most definitely shouldn't be a factor. I dislike both anime and visual novel and i absolutely can't wait for Fate/Zero
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:44   Link #974
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
FSN most definitely shouldn't be a factor. I dislike both anime and visual novel and i absolutely can't wait for Fate/Zero
Yep.

Fate/Zero > Entire fate franchise
Urobuchi > Nasu
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:48   Link #975
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
These pics from episode 1 were on the official site for a moment - don't know why they aren't ATM.
Spoiler for ep1screenies:

Holy Jesus, that's movie level quality easily. This must have a cost a fortune to produce. They really don't half ass things at ufotable do they? Good god.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:03   Link #976
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
ufotable staffs are mostly young and very talented, but not restricted by conservative mindset by older animators. Typemoon is extremely lucky for getting a hand with Iwakami and ufotable, instead of shitty deen and fuckin JC.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:31   Link #977
przemoc
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 28
I found it a bit hilarious how many of you here tell how brilliantly F/Z looks by commenting 320x180 (!) pics... (It was similar earlier with some crappy camrips of PVs). Please, be reasonable.

Yes, we've seen HD CMs, SD PVs, many magazine scans etc. so we know it will look very good, but it's still unknown, though, whether it will be 1080p quality or just 720p like in case of KnK, because 1080i CMs aren't telling much now (actually they make me quite suspicious of this alleged top-notch quality, but they're TV rips, so we have to wait for BDs to be sure).

Last edited by przemoc; 2011-09-27 at 10:31. Reason: typo
przemoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 18:21   Link #978
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Holy Jesus, that's movie level quality easily. This must have a cost a fortune to produce. They really don't half ass things at ufotable do they? Good god.
It's really Aniplex who deserves the majority of the praise. It's obvious they're putting a fuckton of money behind this production. The level of advertising and quality of the production itself is just insane, especially considering the first episode is an hour long and the anime itself is still going to be 25 episodes. If this were Geneon instead of Aniplex, you wouldn't be seeing even half the quality that's in those shots, even if they contracted ufotable. I'm surprised that they haven't put an ad for Fate/Zero in the Nikkei Newspaper yet, seeing as how they're just throwing money at this. It's also cool how they're being extremely progressive and simulcasting it in 8 different languages (wish they had picked a better venue for it though). It's just...insane, I can't stop saying it. This may be the most expensive production of the year...they're really betting that this will bring in bucket loads of cash. That said, the animators at ufotable surely should be praised for producing something of this quality, I don't think DEEN would have been able to produce something like this even if they were given just as big a budget.


Quote:
Originally Posted by przemoc View Post
I found it a bit hilarious how many of you here tell how brilliantly F/Z looks by commenting 320x180 (!) pics... (It was similar earlier with some crappy camrips of PVs). Please, be reasonable.

Yes, we've seen HD CMs, SD PVs, many magazine scans etc. so we know it will look very good, but it's still unknown, though, whether it will be 1080p quality or just 720p like in case of KnK, because 1080i CMs aren't telling much now (actually they make me quite suspicious of this alleged top-notch quality, but they're TV rips, so we have to wait for BDs to be sure).
Call me a noob, but I fail to see what resolution has to do with overall animation quality...
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:02   Link #979
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's really Aniplex who deserves the majority of the praise. It's obvious they're putting a fuckton of money behind this production. The level of advertising and quality of the production itself is just insane, especially considering the first episode is an hour long and the anime itself is still going to be 25 episodes. If this were Geneon instead of Aniplex, you wouldn't be seeing even half the quality that's in those shots, even if they contracted ufotable. I'm surprised that they haven't put an ad for Fate/Zero in the Nikkei Newspaper yet, seeing as how they're just throwing money at this. It's also cool how they're being extremely progressive and simulcasting it in 8 different languages (wish they had picked a better venue for it though). It's just...insane, I can't stop saying it. This may be the most expensive production of the year...they're really betting that this will bring in bucket loads of cash. That said, the animators at ufotable surely should be praised for producing something of this quality, I don't think DEEN would have been able to produce something like this even if they were given just as big a budget.



Call me a noob, but I fail to see what resolution has to do with overall animation quality...
This is confirmed to be 25 episodes? Is there even enough material for that? Also I highly and I mean HIGHLY doubt they can keep even remotely close to that quality level throughout. Some of those shots are some of the best work I've seen in anime, period. I mean there are other components such as motion, choreography, and whatnot but the backgrounds themselves are off the charts.

As I said, I'm aware that Aniplex is pumping ungodly amounts of money into this. If this is indeed 25 episodes and they keep this quality level, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this was the most expensive anime ever produced. However as you also stated, ufotable does deserve alot of credit for this. Very few studios even with the proper money and time could pull something like this off. The only three I could think of is KyoAni, Madhouse, and Production IG. Even then I have my doubts as to whether Madhouse and Production IG could pull this off.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2011-09-27 at 23:14.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:22   Link #980
lighto13
Zero Knight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Age: 21
watch kara no kyoukai and you will know the quality that
ufotable has, and pretty consistently.
they did make a a few of the films in roughly a short time, and yet
superb quality
lighto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.