AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 20:47   Link #101
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Unless it's otherwise stated, and even if it's possible for those in SS to reproduce, I think it's safe to consider humans and the inhabitants of SS all as 'human' but in a different state (and Shinigamis are those with realized powers). I'm more confounded by certain hollows, indeed some humans can become hollows that look like monsters, but then there's the actual animals we've seen in HM, like Bawabawa and Grimmjow in his adjuchas form. And then there's the whole eating each other to look human thing...things get messy.
I've always took hollows to be a warped reflection of what their Zanpakutō spirit would be if they had been shinigami. Arrancar lock thier less human forms in their Zanpakutō and Ichigo's full hollow form has more then a passing resemblance to Zangetsu.compare Zangetsu

with Ichigo's hollow form

notice how he gains tuffs that coraspond to where Zangetsu's under coat is poking out, as well as gaining longer hair and his masks eye holes even somewhat look like the glasses.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:42   Link #102
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I've always took hollows to be a warped reflection of what their Zanpakutō spirit would be if they had been shinigami. Arrancar lock thier less human forms in their Zanpakutō and Ichigo's full hollow form has more then a passing resemblance to Zangetsu.compare Zangetsu

with Ichigo's hollow form

notice how he gains tuffs that coraspond to where Zangetsu's under coat is poking out, as well as gaining longer hair and his masks eye holes even somewhat look like the glasses.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

There is very few differences between Shinigami and Hollows. Hollows are basically Shinigami whose powers have gone retarded *Spirit Fingers*

I believe that is why the begin to resemble Shinigami once they become Arrancar because their humanity has been restored

Shinigami manifest the powers of their soul and use it as a weapon to fight
Hollows manifest their spirit powers and wear them like armor so they fan fight
There isn't that much difference. I also think that hollows are also soul balancers as well and that is why they can only evolve if they consume other hollows. I think that they were supposed to be Shinigami and they consume each other, because the, instinct to protect the balance drives them on an subconscious level. They're seriously flawed humans so they become hollow instead of Shinigami--well the ones that Don Kanoji didn't turn into hollows that is

As fascinating as I find this, can I ask how did we get on the subject?

Doesn't anyone want to discuss Aizen--not have a lynch party but discuss Renji's line about Aizen does that mean he's coming back?

OH GOD YES YES KUBO YES YES YES PLEASE BRING BACK MY FAVORITE HOTTI--BADDIE, MY FAVORITE BADDIE. YES YES YES AIZEN WANT! AIZEN WANT! AIZEN WANT!!! DID I TELL YOU KUBO I REALLY WANT AIZEN...OH YES, AH HAH I DO....BECAUSE I WANT TO FALL ON HIS SWORD OH YES YES YES YES AIZEN OHHHHH AIIIZZEEENNNNNNN KUBO?! AIZEN WANTS!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ..I REALLY WANT AIZEN...VERY BADLY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AIZEN.. I think I just had a fangasm

KUBO AIZEN PLEASE
....soooo no cares about Aizen?
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 11:26   Link #103
Lunarskylar

only you do Lop, sadly only you do
Old 2011-09-27, 12:59   Link #104
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
only you do Lop, sadly only you do
Surely I am not the only one who wants to fall onto Aizen's sword You might not want to but surely there is someone else, besides me who does. I think you're wrong!!!

Seriously....That's some bullsh!t I don't understand why Aizen just can't get a break from you guys

Sure he had a lot of panel time but that was after about 7 or 8 years of being a Vidal Sassoon model while moonlighting as the main antagonist

He finally decideds to be a full-time villain and he put in work! What happens? Everyone hates him for it -- WHAT GIVES?!?!

Anyone that can break Hitsu down by making him and the other Captains, turn Hinamori into a human pin cushion should be declared a god and worshiped Sorry Hitsu fans, I am really sorry but I cackled like a mad hen and I was filled with so much glee, that I read that chapter over and over again then giggle my mofo ass off
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 14:09   Link #105
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Doesn't anyone want to discuss Aizen--not have a lynch party but discuss Renji's line about Aizen does that mean he's coming back?
We'll have to wait for a more conclusive statement to be given that can't be interpreted so loosely. Because right now, Renji's statement isn't worth dwelling over too much for the vast majority apparently. Maybe that will all change tomorrow.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:34   Link #106
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

If Aizen comes back, he'd have to have some serious keikaku. Or just be dressed very stylishly.
Old 2011-09-27, 21:13   Link #107
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I want Aizen to come back, but I hope there's some focus on his time as a prisoner before he's back beatin' down fools. It'd be cool if he took kind of a Hannibal Lector type role, with maybe even Ichigo or some of the other good guys needing to get answers or advice from him.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:16   Link #108
james0246

^While not in Bleach, wasn't Crocodile (in One Piece) already used for that exact purpose?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:30   Link #109
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Wasn't Crocodile (in One Piece) already used for that exact purpose?
It's kind of a trope, it's been used in quite a few stories..

but Crocodile was busted out of prison and helped Luffy fight, if I recall. I'm talking about Aizen remaining a prisoner, but giving the good guys hints/answers/advice as a captive.

For his own amusement and benefit of course.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 01:28   Link #110
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's true that we never really see any shinigami recall their lives as living humans, but Shreiker seemed to be able to clearly recall his life as a human before becoming a hollow. I tend to think that if hollows retain their memories from life, those who go to Soul Society probably do as well.
Makes sense if you think about it. One of the things that traditionally defines a ghost, especially one of the more malicious varieties, is that they are focused on certain unfinished business in life. In fact, we've seen that the way hollows are created is when ghosts who can't "move on" stick around too long and their chain runs out and turns into a hollow hole. It's only natural then that not only would hollows be more likely to remember their past time during life, but pluses and shinigami would be less likely, since that burden has been lifted from them.
Old 2011-09-28, 07:06   Link #111
sayde

The chapter 466 thread has been opened. Once spoilers have been released, please direct discussion regarding the next chapter into its appropriate thread.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote