AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-01, 08:40   Link #1
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Accel World - Anime General Discussion

Thanks to Master Anime for the heads up!

Announced together with Sword Art Online.

Spoiler for Cover Illustrations:


Website

Author
KAWAHARA Reki

Illustrator
HIMA

Manga Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT
Haruyuki is a fat kid that just entered middle school for half a year. He has the standard fat kid problems like low self-esteem, getting bullied and what not. His only escape is the virtual world, where his brain's reaction speed is not limited by his real world body size. There he plays squash in the school network, where his monsterous score is noticed by the school beauty Princess Snow Black. She wants to recruit him to a special world, where speed and ability to fight determines whether they get to keep their speed or not.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-03-31 at 07:48.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 09:55   Link #2
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:02   Link #3
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?
Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity .

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.



Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:22   Link #4
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO?
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:32   Link #5
tomtkp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Real world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO?
SAO is an abbreviation for Sword Art Online, a VRMMO game in "Sword Art Online" light novel series.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:32   Link #6
majestix1988
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...
"Legal Kuudere Loli" i guess.....
__________________
majestix1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 11:07   Link #7
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 12:27   Link #8
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Considering both series have to do with online games, it's not surprising that there would be kids at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:50   Link #9
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
All of my favorite series are becoming anime series lately!
__________________
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:02   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...
Nice way to spark my interest, man .
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:20   Link #11
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, US
Age: 22
The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!
__________________
AdamEndless9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:41   Link #12
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Nice way to spark my interest, man .
You ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!
Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:50   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity .

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.
Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters ?!
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:54   Link #14
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?
Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:56   Link #15
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters ?!
Only if they are fabulous enough.

Though now we understand why they're waiting so long to animate both of these titles, seems they want to coincide this with ASCII Media Works' 20th anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.
Should turn both of them into the same VRMMORPG.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:47   Link #16
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
This anime will be licensed by Bandai Visual, as accorded by the official website.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:19   Link #17
Sage Shinigami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.
So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:21   Link #18
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.
Yes, though you should probably discuss this in the SAO thread .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:50   Link #19
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters ?!
Haha, I believe that many people held the same stereotype, which is probably why you don't see Accel World having the same amount of popularity as SAO.

But its precisely why the main character is like that he is such an awesome character! Watch him as he challenges the stereotype and gain his loli harem!

Last edited by com_gwp; 2011-10-02 at 11:50.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:04   Link #20
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
You ...


You oughta finish what you want to say

In all seriousness, for a title that I haven't heard about, of course a certain element to pull me in so I could have a clue what it is and start doing my research is necessary, so I won't say it's a bad thing.

The PV is impressive, but it doesn't tell me anything about the main character. I don't really have issue with fat character, it's just that the stereotype they usually are don't give a good impression to me . Hopefully this one will be different.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.