AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-30, 20:49   Link #1081
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
^Agreed... would make this whole plot line kinda contrived and would convolute the build up over with these characters we've had thus far. I have no problem with either Miria or Hysteria losing/dying but I demand it be done well.

----

When has Miria been annoying? That's not her personality at all (think Helen for having an annoying personality, though in a likable way )

Now if you mean you find her annoying and not that she is annoying, well that's just a matter of poor taste.

I recall people going mad with glee when Miria attacked the org in ch 106, so most people don't find her character annoying at all, only the way Yagi has used her of late has been annoying.
I'm just annoyed she's ugly now. Yes, I'm that shallow.

As much as I like the Ghosts, Claymore has lost something with all the power-uping that's gone on over the last six months/year (geeze, how long has it been now since the time-skip?), where we've been lulled into thinking the Ghosts have <Plot Armor +5>. It's been a while since I've felt any of them were in any real danger of dying. Even Miria's "death" was like, "yea, right Yagi".

So, I think it'd be nice to shake things up again, so I'm once more left in actual suspense concerning whether major character Claymore X, Y, or Z may survive whatever seemingly high odds she is facing.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if he choose some other Claymores besides Miria to hit with his <Author's Sword of Doom> to serve notice he hasn't gone soft on us.
creb is offline  
Old 2011-09-30, 21:35   Link #1082
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
It's been a year!! Wow, I haven't noticed it's been a long time.

According to who that means "fighting better than number 1". In what episode did the MIB explain that? And remember, Alicia had a E or F in leadership, so, no, I don't think Alicia even fought in groups.
As everybody could witness Miria sucked in the fight against the male AB. So, no, Alicia wouldn't have sucked against that ABeing.
We only know that Ophelia and the MiB said she was good in groups, but they never elaborated, and the facts (Male AB, Pieta, Hilda AB) proved she was sometimes good, somtimes regular, sometimes bad.
Everybody knows the name of the single digits and their abilities as well; no one knows the name of a number 10, so her abilities to fight in groups must be very good at least. With Hilda was not a real fight because she didn’t wanted to kill her and in the spider ab she didn’t had enough experienced soldiers with her( she says that). In 1 versus 1 she was quite good for a while who makes me think that she would do just fine if she had more soldiers like her ( at least more 1 like her). You saw the time she last alone with that guy

Even if Alicia and beth are better than miria we are simple not being fair because they know very well their fight style ( the twins only have fought with themselves for years) versus miria that gets a new group ever time and have to analyze there what to do next – while trying to watch the awakened abilities

Also, this was said before the existence of the twins. I was just pointing that miria is still a capable leader when fighting in groups. Maybe now she is the second ( actually not because Alicia and beth are dead now). Well she was known by that, so she is skilled in fighting while in groups and not only beforehand like pieta- that was my point. Alicia and beth was way better than miria but only by the reasons I just said. Maybe she have already lost with those new twins but only in close combat tactics.

About the mib is just like you see them. If you think that they are scientists ( like me) you will take their word very serious. I do that after all they are the ones making the projects ( the twins projects, the abyssal eaters project, the eye project – well this is no longer new but they can train the many they want- , that number 10 project- raftela). So they must be good at analyzing this kind of things.

So in close combat tactics:
. Alicia and beth
. new twins
. miria
__________________
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2011-09-30, 21:50   Link #1083
Double_friedman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Everybody knows the name of the single digits and their abilities as well; no one knows the name of a number 10, so her abilities to fight in groups must be very good at least. With Hilda was not a real fight because she didnít wanted to kill her and in the spider ab she didnít had enough experienced soldiers with her( she says that). In 1 versus 1 she was quite good for a while who makes me think that she would do just fine if she had more soldiers like her ( at least more 1 like her). You saw the time she last alone with that guy

Even if Alicia and beth are better than miria we are simple not being fair because they know very well their fight style ( the twins only have fought with themselves for years) versus miria that gets a new group ever time and have to analyze there what to do next Ė while trying to watch the awakened abilities

Also, this was said before the existence of the twins. I was just pointing that miria is still a capable leader when fighting in groups. Maybe now she is the second ( actually not because Alicia and beth are dead now). Well she was known by that, so she is skilled in fighting while in groups and not only beforehand like pieta- that was my point. Alicia and beth was way better than miria but only by the reasons I just said. Maybe she have already lost with those new twins but only in close combat tactics.

About the mib is just like you see them. If you think that they are scientists ( like me) you will take their word very serious. I do that after all they are the ones making the projects ( the twins projects, the abyssal eaters project, the eye project Ė well this is no longer new but they can train the many they want- , that number 10 project- raftela). So they must be good at analyzing this kind of things.

So:
. Alicia and beth
. new twins
. miria
Sorry I was not clear enough.
Quote of you: "which means that she analyses the battlefield and can support her team where they need help. Or that she attacks in the back with her special ability while the others girls are trying to get the attention of the awakened."
You said that to be the best at fighting in groups meant that. So how do you know that? Who said that?

When I introduced Alicia, I was trying to say that (if Beth is not around) she is not good at fighting in groups, given the fact that she doesn't speak and isn't leader material, as you can see by her stats.And I said that I highly doubt that Miria is able to match Alicia in a fight.
If Alicia would have fought the male AB in company of the other three half awakened, she would have just trashed him with or without their help. Miria, as everybody can see, wasn't able to hurt him seriously until Clare entered the scene. So, now, let's ask ourselves, what did Ophelia/MiB mean when they said that Miria was superior to Alicia when fighting in groups? Maybe they meant that when fighting in groups, Miria was so efficient that her power SEEMED to double, but that doesn't mean that she was better at fighting than Alicia. Maybe she's very good working in groups, so she's the most efficient warrior, but that doesn't mean she's even 10% of Alicia.
Double_friedman is offline  
Old 2011-09-30, 22:50   Link #1084
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
You said that to be the best at fighting in groups meant that. So how do you know that? Who said that?
Well, i am. You can’t expect to see miria fighting alone when she is in a group specific designed to hunt awakened. In groups it is suppose that all of them do something. Miria is doing something like I said. I don’t remember how much awakened hunts she have gone when she met clare and deneve, but I hope or imagine that some fight like that would happen.

So, for example:
. 2 claymores attack the awakened
. 1 tries to surprise the awakened
. the awakened sees that it is a trap and attack the one that is trying to surprise him
. miria uses her special ability to get behind his back and serious hurt him or cut his head down

I am just saying how miria works in a team. Let’s assume that something bad happens, she will try to put herself in the middle of the awakened and the claymore ( I remember to see this in the anime at pieta). So, she can analyze the battlefield to balance things. You just can’t hope that she will do great if the gap between the awakened and the hunt team is too great. But since she is recognized like that we may assume that she can do something even if the power balances to the awakened. This thing of she is better than the number 1 is more like intelligence and capacity to read the battlefield rather then brute force or yoki power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
When I introduced Alicia, I was trying to say that (if Beth is not around) she is not good at fighting in groups, given the fact that she doesn't speak and isn't leader material, as you can see by her stats.And I said that I highly doubt that Miria is able to match Alicia in a fight.
Oh, I see. I think that the mib is trying to say about combat tactics only. Forget about yoki power and agility and etc. Is far too ridiculous putting miria side by side with Alicia in terms of fighting. I am pretty sure that the mib is only talking about intelligence or capacity to adapt to the type of enemy.
Alicia would kill many mirias at the same time

If miria is good as a number 1 when fighting in a group that means that she is also good fighting alone as well or becomes stupid. Is what I am saying – in terms of leadership that miria is better than the number 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Maybe she's very good working in groups, so she's the most efficient warrior, but that doesn't mean she's even 10% of Alicia.
Yes, something like that. the mib was talking about 1 parameter alone that made her better than a number 1.

Ps: I think that we are saying the same thing. However you say efficiency and i like more intelligence.
__________________

Last edited by rafael1932; 2011-09-30 at 23:10.
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 07:27   Link #1085
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
What's so hard to understand about Miria exceeding number one in group battles? They didn't imply that Miria was stronger than a number one when in group, they said that she is more efficient in intereacting with others and has better group reflexes.
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 09:57   Link #1086
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
I really didn't want to get into this debate, i find it quite foolish to debate her leadership abilities

Miria is a great leader, why else would the ghost follow her? Clare is the one who defeated Rigaldo, but they all still follow Miria.
Think of the first 3 awakened beings that attacked Pieta. Miria handled those really well. She put the weaker claymores on her team so she could look after them and protect them. She also sent two groups to attack each AB for back up. She was a very intelligent leader. People that say that she is a bad leader is like saying that AB's aren't evil.
Miria is a great leader. She wouldn't have been given such plot armor if she wasn't. Miria is the Ghosts leader, do you think that they would have done so well against Rosemary if they hadn't been trained together by Miria to fight against awakened beings.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 11:44   Link #1087
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
NEW SPOILER!!! Looks like real one this time:

Spoiler for 119 spoiler in Japanese::


Spoiler for Google translate::


Edit:
Spoiler for ch. 119:

I finally might give the chapter something more than 7 after all this time.

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-10-01 at 11:59.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 12:04   Link #1088
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Spoiler for 119:
Spoiler for 119:
fraktur is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 12:08   Link #1089
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
I prefer this one much more than previous one. While previous one seemed interesting as a spoiler, I wouldn't like to see Claymore to go into that direction.

As for the fight, it seems
Spoiler for 119:
Gooral is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 12:14   Link #1090
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
I have only two words to describe that spoiler: "Man Pee"

Spoiler for 119:
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 12:25   Link #1091
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Spoiler for 119:
fraktur is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 12:59   Link #1092
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Yep, this got to be the real deal, we need the Chapter 119 thread.

Spoiler for chap 119:
Tom Bombadil is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 13:13   Link #1093
Fermat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Yep, this got to be the real deal, we need the Chapter 119 thread.

Spoiler for chap 119:
Spoiler for 119:
Fermat is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 13:41   Link #1094
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Spoiler:
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 15:06   Link #1095
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Spoiler for chapter119:
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.

Last edited by Negativedark; 2011-10-01 at 15:11. Reason: whoops, forgot to spoiler that
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 15:42   Link #1096
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Spoiler for chap. 119:
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 16:31   Link #1097
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
2nd spoiler souds interesting too, though I gotta say I was indeed lookin forward to freakstorm miria
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2011-10-01, 16:38   Link #1098
Jean Claymore
Former #9
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
2nd spoiler souds interesting too, though I gotta say I was indeed lookin forward to freakstorm miria
Spoiler for 119:
__________________

Last edited by Jean Claymore; 2011-10-01 at 16:38. Reason: spoiler tag
Jean Claymore is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.