AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-01, 19:26   Link #21
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Because it's the biggest title in terms of sales (and popularity?) in Dengeki Bunko that still didn't have an anime. As an example the last volume sold 86k and that's a lot for LNs.
I think Index and OreImo still outsell this by quite a bit .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 19:54   Link #22
Allen
メインヒロイン
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think Index and OreImo still outsell this by quite a bit .
Yeah, but when comparing both of them before of their respective adaptations SAO still wins:

Index before the first season of the anime (volume 16): 46.889
Index now (NT 2): 213.072

Oreimo before the anime (volume 6): 79.905
Oreimo now (volume 9): 178.424

SAO before the anime (volume 8): 86.778
SAO in the future: ???
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:18   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
True but since we can't be sure how the Anime would affect the Light Novel sales, it's rather optimistic to call it the "ultimate weapon" yet.

Though I might be arguing semantics.

It has the potential no doubt.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:24   Link #24
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
it all depends on how good the anime is, thare have been cases where the anime dont give a big boost to sales.

and about this, i havent readed anything abou this LN other than a summary, but it seems very similar to the ./hack series.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:16   Link #25
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
it all depends on how good the anime is, thare have been cases where the anime dont give a big boost to sales.

and about this, i havent readed anything abou this LN other than a summary, but it seems very similar to the ./hack series.
They actually both came out relatively the same time despite this series' publishing date. Since author of SAO was turned down by the publisher in the same year .hack came out. He ended up putting the whole series online on a web page as he wrote it. Then after Accel World won an award it got the publisher to look at SAO and actually publish it this time.

But yeah both .hack and this drew inspiration from ragnarok online.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:52   Link #26
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
originality is not something we see a lot nowadays, also this LN is ranked quite high so it should have a good premise at least.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 23:20   Link #27
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Also, SAO has 900k views on B-T, and that's without the presence of an anime (only ZnT, Index and ToraDora outranks it, and as you can see, SAO's doing rather well even without the presence of a tsundere)
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 23:25   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Also, SAO has 900k views on B-T, and that's without the presence of an anime (only ZnT, Index and ToraDora outranks it, and as you can see, SAO's doing rather well even without the presence of a tsundere)
Are you sure it's not because SAO has relatively constant updates ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 00:07   Link #29
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you sure it's not because SAO has relatively constant updates ?
Constant? As compared to Aria and Index? Hohoho...
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 00:52   Link #30
tomtkp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Real world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you sure it's not because SAO has relatively constant updates ?
I remember the updates of SAO on B-T are pretty slow compared to Index on B-T (Just a matter of fact, I do not mean to offend the translators). Out of 8 volumes only 3 volumes were completed (Volume 1, 3 and 4). Volume 2 has two side stories unfinished. That's not what we call "constant update".
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:22   Link #31
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, US
Age: 22
The website for Sword Art online is up now: http://www.swordart-online.net/
__________________
AdamEndless9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:29   Link #32
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
.... nearly two pages and no one has mentioned the one thing I know certain people are looking forward to...

Animating CHAPTER 16.5

*is SHOT*

Even as just a DVD special please-

*is SHOT AGAIN*
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:59   Link #33
AleX_MytH
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Russia
Age: 21
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...vels-get-games
Sunrise and A-1? Well, it could be worse...
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 02:12   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...vels-get-games
Sunrise and A-1? Well, it could be worse...
A-1? Well that's boring... I won't get to see people freaking out... But 'could be worse'? I don't think it could be better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Constant? As compared to Aria and Index? Hohoho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
I remember the updates of SAO on B-T are pretty slow compared to Index on B-T (Just a matter of fact, I do not mean to offend the translators). Out of 8 volumes only 3 volumes were completed (Volume 1, 3 and 4). Volume 2 has two side stories unfinished. That's not what we call "constant update".
...That's why I said relatively

As in relative to titles that hardly ever gets updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
.... nearly two pages and no one has mentioned the one thing I know certain people are looking forward to...

Animating CHAPTER 16.5

*is SHOT*

Even as just a DVD special please-

*is SHOT AGAIN*

Chapter 16.5 ? What's that-

*Goes and check*

WOAH WOAH! That's wasn't there the last time I read it ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 02:24   Link #35
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post


Chapter 16.5 ? What's that-

*Goes and check*

WOAH WOAH! That's wasn't there the last time I read it ?!
It probably was, you just don't see it if you do full text read.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:03   Link #36
AleX_MytH
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
A-1? Well that's boring... I won't get to see people freaking out... But 'could be worse'? I don't think it could be better.
A-1 is definitly better than ARMS, for example, but worse than Madhouse or Bones. And A-1's Tetsuwan Birdy Decode was great...

Last edited by AleX_MytH; 2011-10-02 at 03:21.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:13   Link #37
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...vels-get-games
Sunrise and A-1? Well, it could be worse...
Well leaving aside that Sunrise and A-1 are two of the better studio's around.... the good news of A-1 being involved is that means they should be produced by Aniplex, who are the dominant production company in the industry.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:20   Link #38
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
what? could be worse? i no know its not gonna blow in the animation aspect, and since its A-1, its probably aniplex the one producing it, and they have been doing the best animes in the past year and a half, adding the fact the novel is pretty famous( and i hope its not for its moe or ecchiness)im actually getting interested in this.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:23   Link #39
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I did not even read SAO and...

...dat Chapter 16.5...

__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:24   Link #40
AleX_MytH
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
doing the best animes in the past year and a half
I just can't agree with you. AnoHana is an overrated mediocre soap opera and AoEx is a boring generic shounen.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.