AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-01, 06:28   Link #1201
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Shouko acting sweet was a surprise, I was expecting eye stabs at any second but they didn't come o.o
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 06:43   Link #1202
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Megami

Nyantype
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 09:06   Link #1203
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Not Japan
The great fail of this season was the poor screentime of Hazuki.
__________________
marcosius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 11:16   Link #1204
Jarppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
How long are anime in light novels story line?
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 12:32   Link #1205
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
A simple peck on the cheek, can be as effective, or even better than one on the lips, when the atmosphere is right.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 13:07   Link #1206
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Minami & Aki vs 3rd year scare tactics ^^
Shimizu sure is scary!
Aki & Himeji vs 3rd year was really cute (Himeji) & date-like (#^.^#)
Akihisa & the love triangle sure was emphasized in this episode.
Summoned being fights were really nice.
Really fun & funny final episode!! m(_ _)m
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 13:34   Link #1207
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
The great fail of this season was the poor screentime of Hazuki.
Leave my Hazuki alone! And yes she needed MORE screen time.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 13:49   Link #1208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Shouko acting sweet was a surprise, I was expecting eye stabs at any second but they didn't come o.o
It's nice to see how gentle she can be, to everyone who isn't Yuuji. I'd forgotten she was supposed to be popular with everyone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 14:44   Link #1209
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's nice to see how gentle she can be, to everyone who isn't Yuuji. I'd forgotten she was supposed to be popular with everyone.
Yes, we never really saw why others look at her with admiration rather than fear
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 15:58   Link #1210
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Nice way to close out the season. Lol Minami used her summon as a shield to hide them. Nice job by himeji standing up to those guys. Nice plan by Yuuji to take them out. Liked the sequence of everyone chasing them at the end. Think i liked this season better then the first.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 16:43   Link #1211
Taivasvaeltaja
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Helsinki
Age: 25
I thought season 1 was better, since it was more stellar and some of the jokes can only be made once. S2 was actually looking really bad when it started, like some people said in this topic before it was too much about girls just beating guys for doing anything which isn't really fun. Fortunately 2nd half of S2 returned to S1 quality.
Taivasvaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:49   Link #1212
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
I thought it incredibly funny that even Minami's summon Wall was blushing when Aki was saying how much he'd miss her if she went.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:40   Link #1213
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I thought it incredibly funny that even Minami's summon Wall was blushing when Aki was saying how much he'd miss her if she went.
It responded to Minami, the harder she blush, the harder her Summoned blush as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taivasvaeltaja View Post
I thought season 1 was better, since it was more stellar and some of the jokes can only be made once. S2 was actually looking really bad when it started, like some people said in this topic before it was too much about girls just beating guys for doing anything which isn't really fun. Fortunately 2nd half of S2 returned to S1 quality.
Ironically, it's because of the girls beating up the guys we get an influx in popularity here in the thread, as compared to the relatively uneventful start.

But I would say the second season overtook the first in the second half as we dive deeper into the characters' past and the romance angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
How long are anime in light novels story line?
Season one jumped the timeline around while season two is more faithful.

So I guess this would make it vol 6?

Which leaves Vol 6.5, vol 7, vol 7.5, vol 8, vol 9, vol 9.5... Basically no shortage of material.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:43   Link #1214
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
The great fail of this season was the poor screentime of Hazuki.
Add that on over exposure of Miharu and well as her influence in the ESB battles.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:50   Link #1215
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
There wasnt enough of Shouko this season but a good ending
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:09   Link #1216
vrz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
good end.
himeji, minami both had some good screen time.
comedy wasnt as stong in the last ep, but some light romance balanced it out
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 22:02   Link #1217
Atrum023
Eternal Silence
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Yeah, I've felt that this season was actually pretty good in its own way.

While the first season focused more on the jokes and the order of events was rather messy (didn't quite follow how the events in the light novel went), the second season was more on the romantic side of things and followed the events of the light novel more loyally. The flashbacks served to show more character depth on Shouko and Yuuji's history and Minami's past, which I all found very intriguing.

I certainly hope there'll be a third season, after all there's still a lot of uncovered ground from the light novel.
__________________
不幸だ...
Atrum023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 23:35   Link #1218
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
I'd like to praise this final episode for keeping lez-girl as an inhuman monster throughout the whole thing rather than suggesting she has any form of humanity. It made her a much more tolerable character.~

Loved the way Himeji and Shouko stepped up for the guys in this episode too. Just enough motivation for them to kick ass.~

Anywho, the season as a whole was okay. I still prefer the first season though thanks to it's hilarity, but the second season had some very nice character development. I'm not really clamoring for a third season but if one does ever come along I'd give it a watch.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 23:40   Link #1219
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
Yeah, I've felt that this season was actually pretty good in its own way.

While the first season focused more on the jokes and the order of events was rather messy (didn't quite follow how the events in the light novel went), the second season was more on the romantic side of things and followed the events of the light novel more loyally. The flashbacks served to show more character depth on Shouko and Yuuji's history and Minami's past, which I all found very intriguing.

I certainly hope there'll be a third season, after all there's still a lot of uncovered ground from the light novel.
agreed, like how Akira became a Bro-Con, a lewd one.
I understand if some Bro want to take his sister to bed for some 'fun', but for Sister to want to push down her bro to have a hump is beyond me.

and I still can't find good H doujin for this series...*rummage through Fakku*
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 00:18   Link #1220
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
agreed, like how Akira became a Bro-Con, a lewd one.
I understand if some Bro want to take his sister to bed for some 'fun', but for Sister to want to push down her bro to have a hump is beyond me.
Oh my. That is quite a spoiler. Which volume is it?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.