AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-02, 16:25   Link #16941
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Not on this site no more.
Age: 26
There's a nice livestream from the park perspective by the fellow from JeepersMedia, Michael Mozart (the fail toys reviewer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VFdAihy0xc
He's kept a nice record of some events of the last few days on his Google+ https://plus.google.com/103533326117556337218/posts
__________________
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 16:25   Link #16942
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
also, what makes the Tea Party movement head and shoulders and a class above this unorganized Anonymous-style (or inspired) protest/movement turned-real-life is you have the right to peaceful protest, but you don't have the right to interfere with the free movement of others as a result of that protest! Rounding up and summarily hauling away these 3d anons today is a fine example


Cops in NY and other eastern cities better be on stand-by cause a gaggle 3d anons might unlawfully trespass key institutions in a Habo Hotel fashion and execution
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:24   Link #16943
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Are you blind or did you willingly choose to ignore the following PIC that Vexx posted not too long ago?

__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:30   Link #16944
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
They are pretty quick at switching whos fault it was.. Only 20 minutes...
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:35   Link #16945
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
@Sugetsu,

sometimes a provocation is just a provocation... there is no need to actually reply.. this is like begging for more provocation.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:38   Link #16946
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Are you blind or did you willingly choose to ignore the following PIC that Vexx posted not too long ago?

better round 'em up and haul away ASAP than to see them cause massive disorder in other key infastructures and institutions!
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:41   Link #16947
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Holy Sh*t!!! Looks like the freedom plaza protests are going to be interesting....

How are CNN, Fox and MSNBC covering this?

I found this video:


CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are not going to cover this unless it gets violent and we see water-cannons, tear gas, and rubber bullets flying.
These protestors are just sitting in the street excercising their right to protest the corporatist pigs plunder of the United States.

Not that the banksters care.
They're yucking it up.



They're not going to listen to us, and if we get out of line they've got a whole plethora of methods of dealing with us.
It's sick, but even more sick is that these bankster types do not see us as human.
We're "resources" to many of them, and if we start getting upity, they'll sick the dogs, the military, or--if push comes to shove--a crisis on us.

What do you think the militarization of the police, the street cameras, the TSA checkpoints, the repeal of Posse Comitatus, the "war on Drugs," and gun control is actually for?

I'm happy to see these protestors going about this the same way the original Tea Party did.
No violence, and simply making their voices heard.
However, that said, the original Tea Party didn't stop the Health Care law from passing, and they were greater in number than OccupyWallStreet appears to be, so what makes you think the OWS protestors will fare any better than the TP did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
gotta love this...

this really highlights the difference between civilized Tea Party protests a couple years ago vs the riot-prone, combative-by-name OccypyWallStreet.
They're both behaving themselves flying.
The police tried to set up the OccupyWallStreet people as being "violent" just like the media tried to set up the original Tea Party as being "racist."
In both instances the protestors were being manipulated by agitators and pro-corporate provacateurs to misbehave.
Hopefully the OccupyWallStreet crowd won't get taken over by some monied special interest group like the Koch brothers....oh wait they're calling for the globalist "Robin Hood Tax" supported by uber-rich types like George Soros and Warren Buffett...guess they've already been co-opted.

Damn, that was fast!
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:47   Link #16948
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Lesser of two evils, dude. We don't have a "good end" option here. It's just an array of "bad ends," and some are worse than others. It's why, even though I don't particularly like him, I'll most likely vote for Obama (assuming I even bother to vote).

Better the snake you know than the one you don't.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:55   Link #16949
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Lesser of two evils, dude. We don't have a "good end" option here. It's just an array of "bad ends," and some are worse than others. It's why, even though I don't particularly like him, I'll most likely vote for Obama (assuming I even bother to vote).

Better the snake you know than the one you don't.
I'll wait until the GOP decides on a candidate before I make my choice.
Obama is better than some of the GOP candidates but not all IMHO.

If Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum get the GOP nomination I'm voting Libertarian (again).

If Paul, Romney, or Kain get the GOP nomination I'll vote for one of them.

I will not vote for Obama.
He's just been George Bush Junior (light), and that's what people were trying to avoid in 08.
Four more years of this guy and who knows how many more wars we'll be entangled in.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:13   Link #16950
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'll wait until the GOP decides on a candidate before I make my choice.
Obama is better than some of the GOP candidates but not all IMHO.

If Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum get the GOP nomination I'm voting Libertarian (again).

If Paul, Romney, or Kain get the GOP nomination I'll vote for one of them.

I will not vote for Obama.
He's just been George Bush Junior (light), and that's what people were trying to avoid in 08.
Four more years of this guy and who knows how many more wars we'll be entangled in.
I've seen nothing from Romney or Cain that shows that they wouldn't continue or expand upon what Obama and Bush has done regarding wars.

Paul would be the only one I have confidence in who would not go to war unless directly attacked.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:37   Link #16951
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I've seen nothing from Romney or Cain that shows that they wouldn't continue or expand upon what Obama and Bush has done regarding wars.

Paul would be the only one I have confidence in who would not go to war unless directly attacked.
Like I said, I have not made up my mind yet.
Paul is my number one choice over all of the candidates both Dem and Repub, but the establishment GOP is not going to let him win the nomination.
It will take a landslide in the primaries for them to accept him as the nominee.

The other two are just my second choices (for various reasons) should they get the nomination since they're the lesser of the evils we have to choose from IMO.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:41   Link #16952
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
At least Huntsman can speak Chinese. That's a lot more international experience then half these GOP guys who've never set foot outside the United States, let alone spoke a foreign language.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 19:11   Link #16953
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Huntsman is an enigma to me.

I don't really know how to judge him outside of his performance in the debates.

As the governor of Utah he's been pseudo-Libertarian (or right-of center Libertarian), and while that is appealing to me, some of his gaffes have me wondering if he's telling us the truth about how he feels and how he would execute the office of President, or if he's like Obama and will tell us what we want to hear to get elected, then do what his financer's want.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 19:42   Link #16954
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Huntsman is about the only one I could sit with (outside of Paul) for more than a minute without smacking them with an "idiot club" for something inane that comes out of their mouth.

As for supposed gaffes by Huntsman, "assault weapons" is a meaningless term that means what the listener wants it to mean, and assault rifles only refer to heavy caliber fully automatic weapons. I consider even asking the question to be a landmine along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife".

But... it doesn't matter because the corporate media is shuffling him offstage just as fast as they can.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 19:55   Link #16955
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Huntsman is about the only one I could sit with (outside of Paul) for more than a minute without smacking them with an "idiot club" for something inane that comes out of their mouth.

As for supposed gaffes by Huntsman, "assault weapons" is a meaningless term that means what the listener wants it to mean, and assault rifles only refer to heavy caliber fully automatic weapons. I consider even asking the question to be a landmine along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife".

But... it doesn't matter because the corporate media is shuffling him offstage just as fast as they can.
You know Vexx, I've noticed that.
Which is why of all the ones on my "not voting for" list, he's the only one who could switch places with say Romney or Cain (or both if those two don't shape up).
He's an interesting gentleman no doubt, I just wonder about some of his so called "flip-flops" on things like the individual mandate and such.

Where Paul is concrete in his positions, many of the other candidates are not.
I wish Huntsman were more like Paul in so far as always sticking to his "guns," then I could get behind the man.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:03   Link #16956
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Huntsman did poorly in the debates because he sunk to the level of his rivals.

The guy actually has a degree of competency and intelligence, and his record stands way above his rivals. Particularly in international affairs, which is probably one of the president's most significant duties. With Huntsman we'd know America wasn't about to destroy the international order.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:17   Link #16957
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Quote:
"when did you stop beating your wife".
That one gets weird when the answer comes back, "when she said it was my turn."
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:31   Link #16958
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Huntsman did poorly in the debates because he sunk to the level of his rivals.

The guy actually has a degree of competency and intelligence, and his record stands way above his rivals. Particularly in international affairs, which is probably one of the president's most significant duties. With Huntsman we'd know America wasn't about to destroy the international order.
Huntsman is in a 'no win' ... in the GOP primary he basically has to pass the gauntlet of what can easily be described as the "modern lunatic fringe". In the last few years, that has red-shifted so far to the right that it requires a complete rewrite of history for them to be electable to mainstream folks.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:18   Link #16959
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
I thought it was especially telling that David Brooks's recent defense of Romney consisted of admiration for his lack of authenticity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
That’s why you should love [Romney]. Let me put it this way: Would you rather have someone who authentically agrees with Michele Bachmann or someone who is just faking it?
When the primary argument for Romney's superiority over the other Republican candidates is that you can't trust what he says, that says a lot about both the field and the nature of contemporary American politics.

Spoiler for wonky stuff:
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 22:05   Link #16960
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Huntsman is in a 'no win' ... in the GOP primary he basically has to pass the gauntlet of what can easily be described as the "modern lunatic fringe". In the last few years, that has red-shifted so far to the right that it requires a complete rewrite of history for them to be electable to mainstream folks.
To be honest, I can't really see any candidate than isn't a tea-party favorite to become the GOP candidate.
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.