AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-09, 11:41   Link #81
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Well, you've definitely grabbed me by the bellend, I'll go hit up the novels now. Thanks for sparking my interest.
__________________
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:43   Link #82
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Really?
Do enlighten me, how I have not read it and do enlighten how I piss you off.
Enlighten yourself of the definition of 'either' with a dictionary.

I need not explain why you piss me off. I feel no reason to justify any emotion.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:47   Link #83
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Enlighten yourself of the definition of 'either' with a dictionary.

I need not explain why you piss me off. I feel no reason to justify any emotion.
Hahah! Thats just perfect, way to show me how irrational and unreasonable you are. I will now know in the future that anything that comes out of your mouth is pointless.

You don't explain yourself and you resorted to insult my grammar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Well, you've definitely grabbed me by the bellend, I'll go hit up the novels now. Thanks for sparking my interest.
No problem, you wont regret it. They are really worth it.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:48   Link #84
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
You should not read Hidan no Aria if you think anything that I say is pointless.

'Either' is not a permutation of grammar. If you read volume 6, it automatically switches to the other possibility: "You are just very good at pissing me off."

Irrationality makes the world go round.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:59   Link #85
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
You should not read Hidan no Aria if you think anything that I say is pointless.

'Either' is not a permutation of grammar. If you read volume 6, it automatically switches to the other possibility: "You are just very good at pissing me off."

Irrationality makes the world go round.
What? You are really good at confusing me, how do you expect me to understand you if you keep speaking in codes?

Just explain why I piss you off so I know what is going on, it's pointless to say that I piss you off and not explain why, I would also like to know how I read novel 6 wrong.

I'm asking you now.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 12:04   Link #86
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Either that, or you are just very good at pissing me off.
You either have not read volume 6, or you are good at pissing me off.

Since it appears you have read volume 6, you are good at pissing me off.

The reason I am pissed off is because of this sentence.

Quote:
Exactly this, the competitors are really, really bland. It feels like they are only there to further develop Aria or to just stop them from developing.
Each character is unique in its own right. Saying that they are there to detract from the main heroine is an insult both to my efforts and the author. Why then do I spend so much time in description. I should just let them rot in the background like the boring, bland characters that they are.

Aside from that, your mannerisms just piss me off. I cannot explain that, because I am not able to explain it to myself.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 12:37   Link #87
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
You either have not read volume 6, or you are good at pissing me off.

Since it appears you have read volume 6, you are good at pissing me off.

The reason I am pissed off is because of this sentence.



Each character is unique in its own right. Saying that they are there to detract from the main heroine is an insult both to my efforts and the author. Why then do I spend so much time in description. I should just let them rot in the background like the boring, bland characters that they are.

Aside from that, your mannerisms just piss me off. I cannot explain that, because I am not able to explain it to myself.
Hm, are you a translator or did you have something to do with the series itself? Because thats the impression I'm getting from what you are writing and that does justify your anger towards me, if that is the case then I deeply apologize. I admit to being a fan of Aria, and the end of the fifth novel did nothing else than to fuel my anger. However, my impression was not to insult the writer, the anger got the best of me, again I apologize.

I don't hate Reki or any other character because they are written badly, the fact is that I just dislike their archetype. I just feel that the end of the fifth novel was random if said best, I think it's amazing that the author takes such a huge step, and goes and does something that is different. But being a fan of Aria and the very large development they had, only to have it shot, really did a number on me.

If it's not enough then I apologize again. I didn't mean to be disrespectful against the author or any other person who might have been working with the series, after all the amount that I put down on ranting just shows how much of an amazing series this is, making me this emotional.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 12:56   Link #88
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Hm, are you a translator or did you have something to do with the series itself? Because thats the impression I'm getting from what you are writing and that does justify your anger towards me, if that is the case then I deeply apologize. I admit to being a fan of Aria, and the end of the fifth novel did nothing else than to fuel my anger. However, my impression was not to insult the writer, the anger got the best of me, again I apologize.

I don't hate Reki or any other character because they are written badly, the fact is that I just dislike their archetype. I just feel that the end of the fifth novel was random if said best, I think it's amazing that the author takes such a huge step, and goes and does something that is different. But being a fan of Aria and the very large development they had, only to have it shot, really did a number on me.

If it's not enough then I apologize again. I didn't mean to be disrespectful against the author or any other person who might have been working with the series, after all the amount that I put down on ranting just shows how much of an amazing series this is, making me this emotional.
How is the end of the 5th novel random when all novels are essentially continuations?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 13:21   Link #89
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
How is the end of the 5th novel random when all novels are essentially continuations?
Random might have been the wrong word to use. What I meant is that
Spoiler:


It just felt, out of place. But I digress, maybe the other novels actually justify her behaviour, but for me, it didn't.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 13:24   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Random might have been the wrong word to use. What I meant is that
Spoiler:


It just felt, out of place. But I digress, maybe the other novels actually justify her behaviour, but for me, it didn't.
Just to let you know almost every other volume has one ultra WTF my ass is on the line....AGAIN moment for Kinji at the end.

So yes, it is a staple of bad luck for him...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 14:17   Link #91
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Just to let you know almost every other volume has one ultra WTF my ass is on the line....AGAIN moment for Kinji at the end.

So yes, it is a staple of bad luck for him...
Yeah I know, it's just that, that one hit me harder than the others *shrug* Maybe I'm just a fanboy for Aria.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 22:09   Link #92
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Well i dont know if Justify is appropiate

Reki didnt justify herself, she simply said I like Kinji and Im going to steal him, in the beggining of the novel that's all. And her story explained trough Kinji.

It wasnt out of nowhere, since the first and second novels Reki had already showed care for Kinji but to what extent was a mistery until she faced Kinji with her Dragunov.

Kinji said so himself. This is the story of my life , everytime I take a decision something always happens. In this aspect we may as well blame Kinji, being ourselves a little unreasonable .

Reki is awesome. And her story isnt sad but its great. I hope she finds happiness.

And Kinji he just drawed the end of the short straw thats all. Should I say poor Kinji. Or what a lucky guy he is.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 22:50   Link #93
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Well i dont know if Justify is appropiate

Reki didnt justify herself, she simply said I like Kinji and Im going to steal him, in the beggining of the novel that's all. And her story explained trough Kinji.

It wasnt out of nowhere, since the first and second novels Reki had already showed care for Kinji but to what extent was a mistery until she faced Kinji with her Dragunov.

Kinji said so himself. This is the story of my life , everytime I take a decision something always happens. In this aspect we may as well blame Kinji, being ourselves a little unreasonable .

Reki is awesome. And her story isnt sad but its great. I hope she finds happiness.

And Kinji he just drawed the end of the short straw thats all. Should I say poor Kinji. Or what a lucky guy he is.
Oh yeah, I don't put the blame on Reki only, more so it's even more Kinjis fault for being pretty dumb. But I digress, I shouldn't bad mouth other characters.

Well tbh, she didn't show much of those feelings, it was more like you said, care for that of a friend. And the whole "I'm gonna steal him, whether you like it or not" I guess that was the thing that ticked me off.

I have never been a fan of stealing other peoples GF/BF
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-10, 08:07   Link #94
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Not to shove my 2 pence worth in, but the whole Reki saying that she's gonna steal Kinji sounds like a very transparent attempt to keep the whole love triangle bullshit going. From what i recall it wasn't a very compelling triangle anyway, it was more one sided. Just saying
__________________
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-10, 12:30   Link #95
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Not to shove my 2 pence worth in, but the whole Reki saying that she's gonna steal Kinji sounds like a very transparent attempt to keep the whole love triangle bullshit going. From what i recall it wasn't a very compelling triangle anyway, it was more one sided. Just saying
I completely agree with you, that is the main reason I was so annoyed with the ending of novel five.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-10, 13:22   Link #96
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Although I do hate these kind of things, still Reki is tenbazillion times more likeable than that wailing bint Shirayuki. Not that I'm judging. (Yes I am.)
__________________
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-10, 14:39   Link #97
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Although I do hate these kind of things, still Reki is tenbazillion times more likeable than that wailing bint Shirayuki. Not that I'm judging. (Yes I am.)
Hehe, I agree with you. I have never liked Shirayukis archetype, not that I like Rekis but yeah, she is at least better than Shirayuki.

But yeah I loathe those kinds of cop outs, but what can you do. Btw, the seventh novels fourth chapter is now on 74%. Getting hyped!
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-10-09, 08:14   Link #98
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Aria (and Shirayuki too) had reached the Top 32 of this year's anime Saimoe tournament.

The other famous Rie Kugimiya tsunderes (Shana, Louise, Nagi and Taiga) reached at least Top 8 in their first year. Taiga was the only one who became champion in her first year, while the others were defeated by the champion.

So if Aria reaches the Top 8 or loses to the champion this year, then Aria probably has become as popular as the other tsunderes. We'll just have to see how well Aria can go.
AP24 is offline  
Old 2011-10-13, 09:00   Link #99
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
What is the Reki talk doing in Aria's sacred grounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Aria (and Shirayuki too) had reached the Top 32 of this year's anime Saimoe tournament.

The other famous Rie Kugimiya tsunderes (Shana, Louise, Nagi and Taiga) reached at least Top 8 in their first year. Taiga was the only one who became champion in her first year, while the others were defeated by the champion.

So if Aria reaches the Top 8 or loses to the champion this year, then Aria probably has become as popular as the other tsunderes. We'll just have to see how well Aria can go.
Nice for Aria. Hopefully I wasn't the only one who thought that a small girl wielding 2 guns and 2 swords was a fun sight indeed
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline  
Old 2011-10-17, 00:35   Link #100
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Aria just got eliminated from the tournament. It's no surprising cause they didn't show enough moe from Aria in the first season. If only JC Staff had done this as well as they did with Shana, Louise and Taiga.
AP24 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.