AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-10, 04:05   Link #81
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I can clearly recall our main character saying he created deus with his imagination. If thats not the case then the sub i saw either subbed it wrong or the anime is just playing with our minds. So based on what i read and understood the flaw was in the subbing/anime.
I believe the flaw is in you believing everything you hear. Yes, the main character said that, but that doesn't mean it's true. As others have already pointed out, the characters in the anime covered the truth within this episode.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:35   Link #82
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Compare OVA with this episode.
I prefer the ova design.

Anyway , not a bad episode. Yuuno , this creepy stalker lol.
Isn't it so easy to just destroy the Diary?

The end with third was hilarious."I must destroy the evidence of my murders"

Well , looking at all characters , except Yukino who is -as usual- the weak characters , the others looks like creepy killers or so.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:01   Link #83
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 1


The queen has arrived.
can anyone cut this down to avie size?

I need moar Yuno, I've been waiting for this
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:11   Link #84
Shadow6543
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
can anyone cut this down to avie size?

I need moar Yuno, I've been waiting for this

i hear that yandere ftw
__________________
follow me on Twitter! @KaiserLelouch
Shadow6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:20   Link #85
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yuno is creepy but intriguing. I think that is similar to the anime itself. Imaginary friend no? Well, shit just got a lot more real. Meanwhile our poor protagonist finds himself pretty freaked out but given the events of late and the realization that the diary most indeed can predict the future just took a toll on his sanity. Yuno doesn't help either.

There's also the concept of miracles. Even if you are "supposed" to die, you can turn the tables and alter your fate. And so starts the death match...

And so it got worse. Yukiteru doesn't know what he just got into, and his only source of help... oh god.

8/10, very well done!
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:29   Link #86
Lumir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I believe the flaw is in you believing everything you hear. Yes, the main character said that, but that doesn't mean it's true. As others have already pointed out, the characters in the anime covered the truth within this episode.
How can the flaw be in what we hear? The story is clearly told by what we hear/see, though sometimes the author tries to misguide his/her audience they usually try to keep things somehow related to what, will, and has been said.

Clearly the case is that the main character is fooled into thinking he created deus with his imagination, and even when claiming that he did the so called "deus god" said nothing on the matter other then he was a god that can inhibit peoples imagination. So a first time non-manga viewer would have no information. Unless i missed the part where dues said he was not a creation of imagination. But then again this is anime... and even more so he really is a creation of the authors imagination.
__________________

Last edited by Lumir; 2011-10-10 at 05:41.
Lumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:41   Link #87
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
can anyone cut this down to avie size?

I need moar Yuno, I've been waiting for this
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:45   Link #88
Soraya21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
A little fast paced, but all-in-all a great first episode that's a good deal creepier than its manga counterpart. At first, I didn't have much hope for this series' adaption after watching the OVA, but now this is definitely going in my watch list.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I rather like the seiyuu voice for Yuno and feel it's an appropriate fit for her character. And just about any role Wakamoto voices in is practically auto-win for me. The humorous after credits scene was also a nice departure from the dead serious business of this series.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:46   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Unless i missed the part where dues said he was not a creation of imagination. But then again this is anime... and even more so he really is a creation of the authors imagination.
Uh Deus saying that if he was a god (you know right after saying he was one) he could go into people's imagination was a clear hint... read between the lines, you don't need to have read the manga to realize this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:49   Link #90
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
can anyone cut this down to avie size?

I need moar Yuno, I've been waiting for this


Let me know if you want anything changed.
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:57   Link #91
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post


Let me know if you want anything changed.
looks good thanks, and rate ups to both of you who answered my plea
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:22   Link #92
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I can clearly recall our main character saying he created deus with his imagination. If thats not the case then the sub i saw either subbed it wrong or the anime is just playing with our minds. So based on what i read and understood the flaw was in the subbing/anime.
Yes, and then Deus told him that Deus is not imaginary, and why did the main character think he could create an imaginary god that had the power to give him a diary that tells the future in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
So, after re-watching it, I have to ask:

Spoiler for Spoiler Tag just to be on the safe side.:

Can't tell without spoiling. Just be ready for a bunch of plot twists.

I already am self censoring so don't tempt me.

Dang, we need another thread for manga readers to compare stuff so that we aren't tempted to spoil the non-manga readers.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:39   Link #93
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
I've had the manga on my to-do list for a while, but I think I'll just watch the series for now. I probably won't be in this thread much, since I haven't been spoiled on anything, really. Yuno's... tendencies are sufficiently memetic at this point that hiding them even from neophytes such as myself would be pointless, so I'm happy that they didn't bother. Is it bad that I find the crazy ones kind of hot?

As for that opening, I'm guessing it's not much of a spoiler given the discussion they have with Mr. Of Time And Space, which pretty much puts an enormous "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" stamp on all future events. The great thing about constantly changing the future is that you can show pretty much anything and later hand-wave it away as a "Bad End" to be avoided.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:47   Link #94
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
Honestly speaking, it seems like this series has much potential, the story, while not fully original, is interesting enough to keep my attention. The most intriguing character, as most have said, is no doubt Yuno, any possibilities for some yandere action?

However, somehow Yukiteru just sounds annoying at certain parts, I certainly hope that this will not be the norm.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:55   Link #95
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Excellent episode.

The idea that future knowledge can be a weapon is fascinating. But--if one can change someone's future based on foreknowledge, as Deus explains, doesn't that mean Yukitere and the others are basically back in the ordinary human situation, where the future is unknown and instead what we make of it collectively?

I thought the brief period where Yukitere was overjoyed at knowing his future very creepy: imagine being a slave doomed to doing what is written down in your phone journal...

Why does Yuno have to look like Akari from Aria?! It's incongruous.

Does Yuno get a back story to explain her infatuation with Yukitere, or is she simply a nut? In general: does this show have characters, or are they just stock figures served up to tell the story, make the jokes, etc?

The show seems to want to deal with serious issues, if the episode's opening violence and Yukitere's loneliness and isolation are anything to go by. But I hope Deux Ex Machina gets pulled down from his puppet-throne and becomes subject to the events as well. If the show insists instead on being simply a game, where the twelve participants fight with each other to win DEM's throne, that will be uninteresting.

So far, this show is very good--indeed, good enough to have a capacity to strongly disappoint. Hence these question!
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:11   Link #96
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
That was a pretty awesome starter episode. The concept of the "future diaries" is pretty original and cool . Yuno is pretty....interesting? Super stalker + Yandere combo

Now i finally know who is the Yandere in that picture on tvtrope's Yandere page

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:18   Link #97
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Europe
Good first episode. Ohhh this time they have no excuses to fucked up the plot and expecially the ending since the manga is fully completed. And with 12 volumes i think a 24 episode serie is more probable.
__________________
Current anime list
All anime i'm able to watch!

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Berserk | Aku no Ana
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:26   Link #98
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post

ROFL

Great first ep ! The concept remind me of Devil Survivor from Nintendo DS. I really like Yuno but now the question is why she so in psycho-love with Yukiteru ? But hey, at least he has someone on his side ! And she saved him ! ... ....

This season is really good
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:41   Link #99
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Is it bad that I find the crazy ones kind of hot?
Crazy ones are always hotter than normal ones but Yuno is super special for me
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:52   Link #100
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
Excellent episode.

The idea that future knowledge can be a weapon is fascinating. But--if one can change someone's future based on foreknowledge, as Deus explains, doesn't that mean Yukitere and the others are basically back in the ordinary human situation, where the future is unknown and instead what we make of it collectively?

I thought the brief period where Yukitere was overjoyed at knowing his future very creepy: imagine being a slave doomed to doing what is written down in your phone journal...

Why does Yuno have to look like Akari from Aria?! It's incongruous.

Does Yuno get a back story to explain her infatuation with Yukitere, or is she simply a nut? In general: does this show have characters, or are they just stock figures served up to tell the story, make the jokes, etc?

The show seems to want to deal with serious issues, if the episode's opening violence and Yukitere's loneliness and isolation are anything to go by. But I hope Deux Ex Machina gets pulled down from his puppet-throne and becomes subject to the events as well. If the show insists instead on being simply a game, where the twelve participants fight with each other to win DEM's throne, that will be uninteresting.

So far, this show is very good--indeed, good enough to have a capacity to strongly disappoint. Hence these question!
I'll just say:

There is backstory.

Oh is there ever backstory.

As for the first question I guess the diary holders are in the situation where their future can change, but only because of the other diary holders. So what will happen once all the others are eliminated?
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.