AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 68 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 41.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-10, 11:36   Link #161
Tactics
Oath Sign
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Asia
Why there's need to complaining for Alexander design ? ^^;
No one complaining for Arthur design. LOL.

My impression for episode 2.
Good. This is the true Holy Grail War. Total score 10/10.
Darker and more complexity even for Kiritsugu personality through his time with Ilya.
Much more better than Shiro and Rin era.

Gate of Babylon effect sure is perfect.
Poor Assassin

Can't wait for Saber vs Berserker.
Their fight during the opening sure is promising.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:49   Link #162
alumnox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Several people asked me if there's something interesting about the design of other characters and yes almost for every character I can tell something extra, so I decide to share WHAT IS NOT SPOILER with everybody instead of keep it in PM.

All the design in the fate universe is done by Naoko Takeuchi, while Nasu and Urobuchi write the stories.

Some characters existed even before the story was written for them and some are created to fill a spot in something they wrote.

I talk you guys about rider already so now we can talk about saber.

As you guys know the fate zero anime is a recreation of the novel under the same name but you guys maybe don't know that when all the idea around the fate universe was created when the whole thing was just a project, a few characters were a little different.

For example King arthur was a male not female.

Spoiler for old ideas:


And even later when they decide that she should be a girl her appearance was not as we see now.

In the next image justlike with Alexander, takeuchi show us a little pic again of his first idea of saber. I think the first design was a little too close to another character from another type moon work so I think that's why he went on another direction. Although a saber with shorter hair would be badass.

Spoiler for saber old style:


Images taken from Fate/Zero character sketches book and Fate character material vol 3.

Edit.

Sorry I forgot the image of Caster you guys asked, here it is.

Spoiler for caster design:

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-10 at 12:03.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:20   Link #163
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
why Alexander is using the name Iskandar? anyway he is cool, Illya is so cute...

Caster and his master look like an interesting pair, they are meant for each other^^

i have a bad feeling that Saber is being lied to about her masters intention on the Grail, the twist at the end about Assassin is very well done too, he seems to being sacrificed

and i must mention the ED, both the song and animations (actually still pics) are very good, the best i seen in this season so far
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:25   Link #164
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
why Alexander is using the name Iskandar? anyway he is cool, Illya is so cute...

Caster and his master look like an interesting pair, they are meant for each other^^

i have a bad feeling that Saber is being lied to about her masters intention on the Grail, the twist at the end about Assassin is very well done too, he seems to being sacrificed

and i must mention the ED, both the song and animations (actually still pics) are very good, the best i seen in this season so far
Iskander is the Persian ver of Alex.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 13:23   Link #165
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
just like I thought, Einzbern family is the most normal Holy Grail's competitor... Illya is cute... hahaha... they're my favourite
LOLNO. Just, No. The Einzbern are many things, normal isn't one of them. They're about as fucked up as Zouken, or at least very close to it, in fact(and the best part is that Zouken became like that because of age, the Einzberns were like that from the beginning...)

the only family that could be considered normal among the 3 is the Tohsaka....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 19:57   Link #166
Qaenyin
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
why Alexander is using the name Iskandar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iskandar
Qaenyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:55   Link #167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Does anyone know if the Caster scene was censored on all broadcasts and streams??
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 21:06   Link #168
Allium
I say FRY-Y
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
Hopping onto the wagon here.

Just watched ep 2 and I thought it was awesome, all the way to the ED sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Does anyone know if the Caster scene was censored on all broadcasts and streams??
Was thinking of the same thing as well.
Allium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 21:12   Link #169
alumnox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Does anyone know if the Caster scene was censored on all broadcasts and streams??
As far as I know only the blue ray edition will come with the "original edition" of the episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...add-cut-scenes
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 23:52   Link #170
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
Several people asked me if there's something interesting about the design of other characters and yes almost for every character I can tell something extra, so I decide to share WHAT IS NOT SPOILER with everybody instead of keep it in PM.

All the design in the fate universe is done by Naoko Takeuchi, while Nasu and Urobuchi write the stories.

Some characters existed even before the story was written for them and some are created to fill a spot in something they wrote.

I talk you guys about rider already so now we can talk about saber.

As you guys know the fate zero anime is a recreation of the novel under the same name but you guys maybe don't know that when all the idea around the fate universe was created when the whole thing was just a project, a few characters were a little different.

For example King arthur was a male not female.

Spoiler for old ideas:


And even later when they decide that she should be a girl her appearance was not as we see now.

In the next image justlike with Alexander, takeuchi show us a little pic again of his first idea of saber. I think the first design was a little too close to another character from another type moon work so I think that's why he went on another direction. Although a saber with shorter hair would be badass.

Spoiler for saber old style:


Images taken from Fate/Zero character sketches book and Fate character material vol 3.

Edit.

Sorry I forgot the image of Caster you guys asked, here it is.

Spoiler for caster design:
Archetype Saber/Saver is probably the basis of Gilgamesh... his supposed master was supposed to be a girl and she was included in the character material... forgot her name tho...

Gille de Rais concept was AWESOME. so WHY DID THEY TURN HIM INTO THE DERPY CASTER HE IS ATM?!?!

As for Alexander, he had shitloads of reasons that he can be a candidate for Rider class... if my history isnt that rusty, I can say some:
OFF TOPIC.... HISTORY TIME!

rode with his veteran army in combat

he was sometimes hailed as the Great Rider of Macedon (confirm this phrase since I just read this somewhere)

very mobile army (still, a small army that decimated larger armies and reached the shores of India)
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:09   Link #171
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Archetype Saber/Saver is probably the basis of Gilgamesh... his supposed master was supposed to be a girl and she was included in the character material... forgot her name tho...

Gille de Rais concept was AWESOME. so WHY DID THEY TURN HIM INTO THE DERPY CASTER HE IS ATM?!?!

As for Alexander, he had shitloads of reasons that he can be a candidate for Rider class... if my history isnt that rusty, I can say some:
OFF TOPIC.... HISTORY TIME!

rode with his veteran army in combat

he was sometimes hailed as the Great Rider of Macedon (confirm this phrase since I just read this somewhere)

very mobile army (still, a small army that decimated larger armies and reached the shores of India)
Aye. Not to mention Bucephalus is the most famous horse in history. The only one that probably comes close is Red Hare, but the fate universe has essentially no East Asian lore.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:19   Link #172
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
but the fate universe has essentially no East Asian lore.
Does that mean that Chinese, Japanese, Arabian, Mongol, and Southeast Asian heroes didn't die a horrible death and don't have any regrets in their life? If that's how TM portrait it, I feel so sorry for those European heroes T-T.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:06   Link #173
AzureWrath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ummmm I just can't believe that Assassin is dead from that. It seems far too early for such an event. Especially since Kirea is such an important person in this war. Gilgamesh is pretty OP though. Always has been. I'm still quite wondering how it is even possible for such a hero to lose......but then I think of F/SN
__________________
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 02:59   Link #174
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Gilgamesh is imba as always
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 03:56   Link #175
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
the caster scene with more brightness. Caution

Spoiler:
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 06:07   Link #176
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Holy shi. That poor little kid screaming painfully by a crunchy munchy tentacles.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:59   Link #177
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
the caster scene with more brightness. Caution

Spoiler:
Huh, would've never noticed that the kid pissed himself otherwise. Nice little touch there.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 14:33   Link #178
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Assasin is dead? Already? Just what in the world is Kirea thinking by sacrificing him like that?! I'm damn dissapointed to see a servant die in episode 2! It is worse than what they did to Rider in F/SN movie.

And damn, I so feel for that kid. May he rest in peace, he got DAMN unlucky to meet those two psychos.

This season is definetly much darker than F/SN. Also since Assasin is dead, will we ever learn his name? ED doesn't say much to me about him.

And why all this complains about designs? Fate series were never accurate. King Arthur was always a guy yet here they decied to make him a girl just so they could put some romance in =/

Or F/SN Rider... going by legends she should be ugly yet she is one of the most beautiful characters out there.

Complaining about designs is quiet useless here...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 14:36   Link #179
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Also since Assasin is dead, will we ever learn his name? ED doesn't say much to me about him.
... that was revealed in the first episode.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 14:38   Link #180
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
the caster scene with more brightness. Caution

Spoiler:
See, this is what anime has been lacking for the past umpteen years. Little boys pissing themselves before being crushed to death (slowly) by tentacles.

All hail anime's savior, Urobuchi Gen.

Edit: Still waiting on the slo-mo tentacle grope animated gif.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.