AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 21:47   Link #401
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So can we stop the fate, noitaminA or whatever the off-topic wave.

Btw seems I'm the only one that not too confidence with this one, I don't like the anime chara design.. and my gut tell me many people with disappoint in the end.. no logical reasoning behind it though.
I believe we can yes.

Also it's possible people will end up disappointed if they put their expectations high up in nowhere land, but I'm thinking this looks pretty solid going in. Of course I'm a die hard mecha/sci-fi fan and live for shows like this so don't just take my word for it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 00:01   Link #402
Archer

Well, if nothing else, this should be good purely for the animation alone. I do have a hunch that the script might be a bit generic from what we've seen, but the other aspects of the production (music, art, etc.) should be pretty good.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 00:02   Link #403
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Either way im giving this the 3 ep rule
Old 2011-10-12, 01:40   Link #404
Westlo
Lets be reality

I believe Fate/Zero was brought up because 2ch labeled as having movie like quality while they labeled Guilty Crown as being near movie like. Anyone with a clue (which going by the Fate/Zero thread isn't many) realized that Fate/Zero Episode 1 had fuck all animation in it. Visually the look was impressive and it looked amazing in stills but animation wise it was mostly talking heads and apart from a couple of scenes was very mediocre.

Actually here's the line that set off Haohmaru.

Quote:
Like, almost Fate/Zero level when it also had its premiere
I was actually going to post something similar to him but couldn't be fucked...

TLDR I would bet a grand Guilty Crown's first episode is better animated than the first episode of Fate/Zero and like the western forums, most of 2ch don't know shit about animation too.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-10-12 at 02:39.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 03:53   Link #405
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

And we should remind none of these "sci-fi" anime have success yet in noitaminA, all of them was barely watchable in critics PoV.

Sure there is promise this time we have 2-cour blablabla, but until its proven otherwise eh...

Btw zeus you guys still gossiping in the back about f/z. We already saw the power of Aniplex's money used in its 2nd eps anyway.
Quote:
I would bet a grand Guilty Crown's first episode is better animated than the first episode of Fate/Zero and like the western forums, most of 2ch don't know shit about animation too.
And anyone that know shit about animation should know Idolm@ster is the only tv-anime that with movie quality out there
God almighty, its nice if u have direct access to aniplex's ATM.
Old 2011-10-12, 04:08   Link #406
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm more worried about this show having a cliché/plain story than the animation quality,

especially because it doesn't have anything as base/reference (LN, Manga, Game, etc2)

Original Story like this tends to be good-very good (recent example: T&B, AnoHana) or fail terribly (S7, No.6) in term of story

I hope the scriptwriter aren't gonna disappoint us
Old 2011-10-12, 04:11   Link #407
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I'm more worried about this show having a cliché/plain story than the animation quality,

especially because it doesn't have anything as base/reference (LN, Manga, Game, etc2)

Original Story like this tends to be good-very good (recent example: T&B, AnoHana) or fail terribly (S7, No.6) in term of story

I hope the scriptwriter aren't gonna disappoint us
No.6 is not an original anime though, switch it with Fractale the anime saviour.
Old 2011-10-12, 09:34   Link #408
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
You've forgotten abot Madoka
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 09:35   Link #409
Kirarakim

Well I'll say one thing shows that are given enough episodes usually do turn out well on this block think Nodame Cantabile, Honey & Clover, Shiki.

Of course those were all adaptions which Guilty Crown is not.
Old 2011-10-12, 10:48   Link #410
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
I believe Fate/Zero was brought up because 2ch labeled as having movie like quality while they labeled Guilty Crown as being near movie like. Anyone with a clue (which going by the Fate/Zero thread isn't many) realized that Fate/Zero Episode 1 had fuck all animation in it. Visually the look was impressive and it looked amazing in stills but animation wise it was mostly talking heads and apart from a couple of scenes was very mediocre.
I don't really want to feed comparisons here, in particular because we've got two episodes of Fate/Zero to base opinions on, whereas all Guilty Crown has to offer is a bunch of minute long PVs. However, I think it's pretty easy to see why people are praising Fate/Zero as much as they do.

The actual "animation" in Fate/Zero's first episode wasn't flashy nor is it incredible, but even then, they were able to have some really well made cuts, animation-wise. For instance, the whole scene with Zouken entering that dimly lit room where Kariya is on the floor. That's really good walking animation for Zouken there, and the detail put into the art for Kariya's face right after, with the worms, was also pretty neat. Certainly, it's not really the sort of thing the casual viewer will catch/care, mainly because it doesn't explode into your face, but even in an episode that was twice as long and full of exposition, F/Z still managed to have some really cool stuff.

Of course, you can easily say the rest comprised mostly of "talking heads", which is true. But people tend to ignore that making an episode that's 40 minutes long, and with as much detail as those "talking heads" of Fate/Zero have is still no easy feat. There were a bunch of distance shots? Yes, there were, but each and every one of those looked very well made. Same thing can be said about a lot of these 'still shots' people complain about. You can compare the first episode of Fate/Zero with any other series that had an exposition-heavy first episode and I quite doubt you'll find that level of detail in any of them, save for (very) rare exceptions.

What sort of irks me though is that the same people who like to go "talking heads, talking heads" at Fate/Zero are the ones who are ready to say Kara no Kyoukai looked fantastic. It looked great, yeah, but Fate/Zero so far is arguably showing something very close to a bunch of movies that had a theatrical release and, most likely, a bigger budget, along with a more comfortable work schedule.

Back on topic, though. Guilty Crown, like I've said before, looks amazing, and if the whole episode packs as much action as what they have in those PVs and still manages to look as impressive as those cuts, then great, we're in for a treat. I'll also probably have no real objection in saying that it "has better animation than Fate/Zero", which, in the end, I don't really see it as a criticism at all. If anything, I'll be happy that there are two series in the same season that manage to look way better than the usual offerings.
Old 2011-10-12, 15:13   Link #411
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Are there any examples of wheelchair moe before this besides the obvious one in Nunally Lamperouge? I always thought it was infirmity in general that was the moe thing, usually to do with cute girls that have been hospitalized or have some undefined illness that's threatening to or does off them......

Yeah actually that sort of thing is a little grim and morbid, if there has to be a moe fetish over something I'd rather it be cute girls in wheelchairs than dying ones....seriously why does that seem to be a valid moe fetish played so straight in more than a few eroge....makes me wonder.
lolololol, your guess is as good as mine.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:07   Link #412
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Are there any examples of wheelchair moe before this besides the obvious one in Nunally Lamperouge?
Coco JD from Basquash,voiced by.........you guessed it:Hanazawa Kana
Old 2011-10-12, 16:15   Link #413
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
lolololol, your guess is as good as mine.
Weak/dying/physically restrained girls can't say no?

I'm actually serious, even if that response could be taken facetiously.

I was looking at redjuice's deviantART gallery (Guilty Crown's character designer), and geeze. The guy can draw.

Anyone have any info on the "Project Lacia" aka "Beatless" visual novel that he's apparently done the artwork for?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:47   Link #414
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol wheelchair moe.

Do they get their own placards and parking spaces?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 16:51   Link #415
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Aniplex does not have a monopoly on allowing for good animation.

Also why does it seem to me like F/Z fans are trying to kill the buzz with this show and vice versa. It's not a bloody competition. Why are we even still talking about this?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 23:15   Link #416
Kunagisa

Quote:
Aniplex does not have a monopoly on allowing for good animation.

Also why does it seem to me like F/Z fans are trying to kill the buzz with this show and vice versa. It's not a bloody competition. Why are we even still talking about this?
I don't think anyone's trying to kill the buzz (kinda hard when an original show got over 50k views and 400 posts before airing), just that people ran out of stuff to talk about besides the premiere event. Since we have no (more) information on the plot, then it kinda falls back to animation and ... yeah.

Just from reading the thread though, I think people comparing this to Code Geass might be expecting a bit too much. CG has a decent plot (some might argue amazing), but the best hook is Lelouche's over the top fashion and personality. Shu doesn't seem to able to match up (even though the series has a chick in revealing dress, mecha, and even a potential fujoshi bait type of Gai <-- can't resist making a stupid pun) in the attention-grabbing-hero character trait. This sort of character design doesn't really seem to fit if he goes psycho or turn to the dark side.

The entire team is definitely above average, but i wish the Shu's personality is more vibrant in the PV, even when he goes all juiced up he still feels too much like a boy.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 23:48   Link #417
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Weak/dying/physically restrained girls can't say no?

I'm actually serious, even if that response could be taken facetiously.

I was looking at redjuice's deviantART gallery (Guilty Crown's character designer), and geeze. The guy can draw.

Anyone have any info on the "Project Lacia" aka "Beatless" visual novel that he's apparently done the artwork for?
I just noticed this as her description

Ayase Shinomiya (篠宮綾瀬 Shinomiya Ayase?, voiced by: Kana Hanazawa) is a member of "Undertaker" also and is an operator of the humanoid robot Endrave. She is normally in a wheelchair.

How is one defined as being "normally" in a wheelchair?

I mean if your crippled then your stuck to the wheelchair regardless.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 00:02   Link #418
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Well she could not really need it and just prefer to be seen in one. Also, it is possible to use a wheelchair without being crippled.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 00:51   Link #419
Raiga
tl;dr

I don't think there's any special meaning to that sentence. It's not trying to imply that while she's normally in a wheelchair, when things get abnormal something else happens. I guess the nuance is a bit different in translation. It's simply stating as a fact that using a wheelchair is a normal part of her life.

Besides, there's plenty of mundane instances where she could be outside of her wheelchair. When she gets in a car, for instance, she might transfer to the car's seat, or if she's going to be somewhere for a while she could move to a sofa or something.
Old 2011-10-13, 01:56   Link #420
dark998

Only 9 hours and 15 minutes till broadcast. Hype level set to max.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig