AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 09:06   Link #801
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, speaking of Medaka and the main character in this being moe, one of the things which has most struck me about this series is Aoi Toori's resemblance to Kumagawa. So much so, in fact, that I'm slightly worried about the epic mindblowing potential Kumagawa will have when we finally get the Medaka anime, now that some of the audience will have been exposed to this type of character. Still, though, it is pretty much exactly true that what kind of character Aoi Toori will be is the principle point keeping me interested in this anime. I can't tell right now whether I should just jump straight onto the bandwagon, or be worried about his sure to be exaggerated popularity.
I really don't think he's "that" similar to Kumagawa, not close enough to dull an effect Kumagawa would have when unleashed... which would happen to be never more than likely.. Aikawa Jun and Kumagawa Misogi... the hidden animated secret weapons of Nisio

As for Toori just jump on board!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:17   Link #802
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
To say the truth, the show is nowhere near half bad as the net has been complaining, or at least as long as you do not try to figure everything out. My understand on the story so far is: flying ship, weird class, some fishy politics...

My only problem is, they should not try to introduce those characters/concepts into the dialogue, as it does not sounds nature at all. Should just have a full minute at the start of each episode doing that, then let the class briefly mention only

Nothing standout yet, but i should honorably mention the chibi shrine Gods (that looks like from Miyabi's design), the daigo-like slime, the yuri angel pair, the robot. Ah yeah, we have Miyuki Sawashiro, one of my most favourite seiyuu as well. If anyone has already read the novel; has her character completely transgendered yet, or just removed her chest? Would she enter a romance relationship, and with a boy or a girl? (remember to use the spoiler tag through or send me an PM)
only her chest, and before they had a chance to attach the 'lower part', she and her family was expelled from Mikawa

I think it was clearly mentioned in eps 2 so it isn't a spoiler at all
Old 2011-10-13, 09:28   Link #803
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Wow, the summary for this episode was one of the LONGEST synopses I've ever typed. @_@

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:34   Link #804
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wow, the summary for this episode was one of the LONGEST synopses I've ever typed. @_@
Well I congratulate you for doing it, I'm not sure I understand whats going on let alone explain it.

And I agree with a few others, this show is really not terrible.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:41   Link #805
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Well, the good thing with this episode is that we now know how the Harmonic Divine States crashed and burned with the Divine States: someone messed with the devices that support the Harmonic States, and the only people they know who are capable of doing such a thing are the surface-people.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:56   Link #806
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Say guys who are familiar with the novel thus far. Anyone seen anything about the Mughal Empire (famous for Shah Jahan and Taj Mahal) in there?

This is important, because I have... plans.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 11:28   Link #807
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Say guys who are familiar with the novel thus far. Anyone seen anything about the Mughal Empire (famous for Shah Jahan and Taj Mahal) in there?

This is important, because I have... plans.
Think there's an India faction, but don't think Mughal's directly involved ... yet. Go to light novel thread and ask Allen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirosThe3rd View Post
Looks like Toori's class (3- Plum ?) is really is a special class because the class next door is only a boring normal ordinary class with normal ordinary human =_=
I really wish the entire school has more variation than just a human. . . .
I'd always thought that's just the anime being lazy, besides I actually thought it's hilarious when they showed the other class being completely normal.

Quote:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 12:49   Link #808
Shion_Sanada
Charlotte`s Knight

Location: Mostly earth, and off course beside Charlotte-tan`s side
Okay, I`m pretty fascinated with 2 eps so far... this is really works from Sunrise *thumb up*

Oh yeah, can someone who already read the LN for at least 2 or 3 chapter so far PM me for the spoiler? I`m little bit curious about their plot and I need it for my satisfaction I think
Shion_Sanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 12:56   Link #809
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion_Sanada View Post
Okay, I`m pretty fascinated with 2 eps so far... this is really works from Sunrise *thumb up*

Oh yeah, can someone who already read the LN for at least 2 or 3 chapter so far PM me for the spoiler? I`m little bit curious about their plot and I need it for my satisfaction I think
You might want to check up this thread.
Old 2011-10-13, 13:12   Link #810
Shion_Sanada
Charlotte`s Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You might want to check up this thread.
Many thanks

err.. it is ok to share some pic about Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon here?
Old 2011-10-13, 14:39   Link #811
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion_Sanada View Post
Many thanks

err.. it is ok to share some pic about Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon here?
Yeah, picture dumping's always welcome as long as the big/questionable ones get put into spoilers.
Old 2011-10-13, 14:52   Link #812
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Yeah, picture dumping's always welcome as long as the big/questionable ones get put into spoilers.
Actually you might want to tumbnail them, since we got a lot of image crazed mods running around. ^^
Old 2011-10-13, 16:57   Link #813
Allen
メインヒロイン

New relationship chart after the second episode:
Spoiler:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:39   Link #814
Shion_Sanada
Charlotte`s Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
New relationship chart after the second episode:
Spoiler:
Oookay... after I saw this pic twice... Did Kimi had a familiar like Asama too? So cute. It`s just like her but in deformed version

Ah, I found this Mitotsudaira pic btw, and it`s looks like some fan art
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-10-13, 17:50   Link #815
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Well I congratulate you for doing it, I'm not sure I understand whats going on let alone explain it.

And I agree with a few others, this show is really not terrible.
I guess in this era that's almost high praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
To say the truth, the show is nowhere near half bad as the net has been complaining, or at least as long as you do not try to figure everything out. My understand on the story so far is: flying ship, weird class, some fishy politics...)
This is kind of the key reason I'm always telling people not to immediately listen to the internet when it comes to Sunrise's weird/crazy ambitious projects. Usually they're just so far off base as to not even be in the same stadium. The complaint I see the most is that there's too many characters and too much intertwining plot line and backstory to keep track of. I'll just say this to anyone who is listening. If the number of characters featured in the chart above is too many characters (only 3 of them are actually major ones so far), than Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere isn't meant for you.

I mean all I had to do was ask some people to clear up a couple things and that's all it took for me to understand everything that's been presented so far. I should hope that's not too much of an effort to ask of any viewer in order to enjoy a show. Also, always read the supplementary material like the character charts that Sunrise presents for their large cast shows. It's there for a reason.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:16   Link #816
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Thank ye kindly for this.
Old 2011-10-13, 19:19   Link #817
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I guess in this era that's almost high praise.

This is kind of the key reason I'm always telling people not to immediately listen to the internet when it comes to Sunrise's weird/crazy ambitious projects. Usually they're just so far off base as to not even be in the same stadium. The complaint I see the most is that there's too many characters and too much intertwining plot line and backstory to keep track of. I'll just say this to anyone who is listening. If the number of characters featured in the chart above is too many characters (only 3 of them are actually major ones so far), than Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere isn't meant for you.

I mean all I had to do was ask some people to clear up a couple things and that's all it took for me to understand everything that's been presented so far. I should hope that's not too much of an effort to ask of any viewer in order to enjoy a show. Also, always read the supplementary material like the character charts that Sunrise presents for their large cast shows. It's there for a reason.
Could it be ppl on the net tend to loose his otherwise keen sense and believe anything others say just because its written there? I remember Geass having a cast as big as this one and nobody complaining about it. Well, you just dont question CLAMP, right?
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:27   Link #818
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I'm pretty sure Geass didn't slam all of them into you at once, then ramp up to 27533 by the end of the first season. Ie just the way I like it.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:42   Link #819
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
Could it be ppl on the net tend to loose his otherwise keen sense and believe anything others say just because its written there? I remember Geass having a cast as big as this one and nobody complaining about it. Well, you just dont question CLAMP, right?
I don't think the huge amount of cast is the issue. The initial main beef is big boobs = fanservice in most people's mind, and Toori's rather stupid nature and "derpy" character design. The entire initial presentation just comes off as gimmicky and pretentious especially with a "ridiculous" plot.

This is why we shouldn't fault any of the people who have bad initial impression. Most people really just watched it and don't really do any research. I convinced quite a number of people to watch the series since I basically tell them I would enjoy this series even if everyone hates it and is definitely not fanservice based (I'm 100% honest about this). Most of them would come back and tell me Episode 1 is "watchable", and they would stick around for a couple more and see if the series go anywhere (which is my goal anyway, just have them give this a chance and not to dismiss this immediately as just trashy fanservice). After Episode 2 air they all just went this is pretty decent, which is great because I get more people to discuss the series with .
Old 2011-10-13, 20:07   Link #820
Dark Wing

If there is one thing that's going to keep me watching this its got to be Tooori. Best main character ever!

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise