AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-13, 11:38   Link #321
Lota
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 20
I agree that this is a really good love triangle. And I hate that...

For obvious reasons Maria and Kobato can't be seen as love intrests. Yukimura... Doesn't stand a chance, really. Rika is probably the best choice, because she is the only one out of all of them who really understands Kodaka and his view on the whole situation. But... Yeah, doesn't really stand a chance either. And she probably understands that, so she will probably just stay supportive as a friend.

That leaves us with 2 candidates: Yozora and Sena. Poor Kodaka... With either of them as his girlfriend, he's doomed, with their personalities and all Anyway, I don't really know who to choose either. I like Yozora (rooting for the underdog, or maybe because she was the first one introduced), but if she won, poor Sena, I'd feel sorry for her. And while I like Sena as well, if she won, hooo boy, I have no idea what would happen to the poor Yozora, who had been thinking about Kodaka for 10 years. A sadistic choice either way. That's why I hate good love triangles. No happy ending
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 13:47   Link #322
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
The first girl introduced wins all the time. The author probably already planned Yozora as the end girl but if the author decides to follow based on popularity it would be Sena.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:10   Link #323
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
There is just Ichigo 100% and Kampfer where the final girl isnt the one expected
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:17   Link #324
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto Canada
This is fine too

Spoiler for Size:

Last edited by Rozen Van Kaizer; 2011-10-13 at 15:33.
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:43   Link #325
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
*ppppfffffftttt*

tell me that's not a delusion/dream/fantasy/fanart/whatever and I can safely put this series away and die in peace.

ahh who am I kidding.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 16:03   Link #326
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
It's from a doujinshi that just popped up called B.F.F...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:15   Link #327
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
the first one to appears is not always the one wich the protagonist ends with, good examples would be bakemono or index, but on the other, hand the forgotten childhood friend is the one who most of the time the protagonist ends up with, usually after a lot of drama.
Spoiler for also:
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:07   Link #328
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for Kate:


And lare, nice boke
Spoiler:


And more on the relationship bit:

Spoiler for Choice between Sena and Yozora (contains spoilers up to LN Vol7):
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:55   Link #329
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Spoiler for If Kobato gets to choose:
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:18   Link #330
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You know, Rika wants to be 'sexfriends' with him...... But yeah, she's the kind of character that will become your BRO even as a girl .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the first one to appears is not always the one wich the protagonist ends with, good examples would be bakemono or index, but on the other, hand the forgotten childhood friend is the one who most of the time the protagonist ends up with, usually after a lot of drama.
-First to appear in Index: Mikoto Misaka.
-First to appear in Bake: Hitagi. But in the prequel... its Kiss-shot.

*Forgotten Childhood friend: It usually applies to Key, but yeah, there is no way to end with them as long as you don't pull out a lot of drama that usually makes dislike the character more rather than making it likeable.

*TAW (tsundere always wins): Don't ask, but population seems to got hooked to this kind of pairing and most of light novels has tsundere x MC as the favourite couple and usually ends like that (except for Shuffle! and AkaneIro being the first time I find tsunderes losing to other girl).

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Spoiler for If Kobato gets to choose:
Its nice how you make the line between Now and Past, people can's find anything by living hooked to the past.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:30   Link #331
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Long story short, it doesn't matter the Archtype- if you're not a main character, your chances at love is whatever number that is just above zero.

There are exceptions, but there's a reason why they're called 'exceptions'.

Now the reason why I said 'a' main character instead of 'the' main character, is because recently I find a number of titles that the lead female character is not a target of romance and instead it's the second main girl that gets it.

In summary, it's a toss-up between Yozora and Sena, and it's still too early to say for certain (especially with Kodaka as he is)... I mean, we're only at the 7th volume and things are only now getting serious... Well, assuming the author doesn't drop the ball like his previous works or something...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:37   Link #332
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
The author probably will end the series at volume 10.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:51   Link #333
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
-First to appear in Index: Mikoto Misaka.
-First to appear in Bake: Hitagi. But in the prequel... its Kiss-shot.

*Forgotten Childhood friend: It usually applies to Key, but yeah, there is no way to end with them as long as you don't pull out a lot of drama that usually makes dislike the character more rather than making it likeable.

*TAW (tsundere always wins): Don't ask, but population seems to got hooked to this kind of pairing and most of light novels has tsundere x MC as the favourite couple and usually ends like that (except for Shuffle! and AkaneIro being the first time I find tsunderes losing to other girl).
wasnt the first one to appear hanekawa in bakemono?, also is almost a rule those childhood friends that got forgotten become really broken, actually yozora ended quite good compared to other cases....

about the tsundere, the problem with that is that this LN as many others nowadays both of the girls in the usual triangle are tsundere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The author probably will end the series at volume 10.
you say this bucause.....?
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:00   Link #334
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
wasnt the first one to appear hanekawa in bakemono?,
No, she wasn't. Just check the novels.

[/QUOTE]also is almost a rule those childhood friends that got forgotten become really broken, actually yozora ended quite good compared to other cases....[/QUOTE]
Still ended with a serious obsessiveness personality problem, she is not to far to get into yandere territories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you say this bucause.....?
Because I saw a good number of light novels ending when they're around at 10 volumes.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:03   Link #335
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, she wasn't. Just check the novels.
also is almost a rule those childhood friends that got forgotten become really broken, actually yozora ended quite good compared to other cases....[/QUOTE]
Still ended with a serious obsessiveness personality problem, she is not to far to get into yandere territories.


Because I saw a good number of light novels ending when they're around at 10 volumes.[/QUOTE]

I also see a good number of them stretching till 20 and beyond. Though I agree that a series of such a genre shouldn't go beyond 10 or a few more. The antics will get repetitive and it should not go about changing its direction to a serious romance. Besides it's already the longest series for the author.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:08   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
wasnt the first one to appear hanekawa in bakemono?, also is almost a rule those childhood friends that got forgotten become really broken, actually yozora ended quite good compared to other cases....
Anybody remembered myself;yourself from years ago ? A case of bad things happening when you leave a town

But even worse is when you forgot her name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Still ended with a serious obsessiveness personality problem, she is not to far to get into yandere territories.

Well technically she's nowhere close to yandere, not when the whole worlds knows her character and she's not trying to hide it.

Remember back in Hidan no Aria? When people were going on about the big bad yandere? Yeah, she wasn't a real yandere either.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:44   Link #337
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
well the worst case of "forgotten childhood friend" i can recall is yasu from umineko, now that i think about it, she also had "air friends" due the lack of friends...

and i dont think the series would end at then, if you look at it the story havent moved forward that much, other than a little of development on some of the characters, my bet is that we can expect at least other 5 novels.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:23   Link #338
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Because I saw a good number of light novels ending when they're around at 10 volumes.
And where those novel constantly ranked within the usual best selling novels? The author might continue the story for a long time either because his own ego, because the editorial department strongly suggests it, or because he wants to. How many spins off those this novel have right now, and need to be directed by the author like most proper spin off are? I doubt that anyone plans on stopping the releases of haganai any time soon.


About Yozora vs Sena, people are arguing that Kodaka admires Sena because she can try her best at anything all the time, but that level of admiration is actually kinda shallow. If we go by that then Kodaka is honestly grateful to Yozora for actually going ahead with the club because he has have a really fun time on it (which is also, pretty shallow romantically wise). Personally I do feel that the developments that are yet to come are going to be stronger for the shipping camps than what has already happened up to this point.

The thing that makes Yozora "Yozora" as of now is that she really is demanding from Kodaka the amount of attention and loyalty that one has towards a lover, however she conveniently labels that as "friendship". Probably this misconception comes as a result of her clinging to their past relationship that had no gender difference.

It's probably gonna be interesting getting to a point where either Yozora or Sena (or both) realize that they actually like Kodaka and then see them trying to phrase that feeling into acts or words; even if it is to themselves. Right now they act on impulses without realizing that they want him to themselves; romance wise the series has room for a lot of developments and stuffs.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:15   Link #339
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
After watching episode 2 of the anime, they did rearrange the storyline. We'll get the pool and Sacred Blackstar chapters next week.

Yukimura's debut and join chapter and Kobato's first appearance will definitely shown eventually, but I wonder if they will also animate Momotaro and cell phone novel chapter too or just omit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira
And where those novel constantly ranked within the usual best selling novels? The author might continue the story for a long time either because his own ego, because the editorial department strongly suggests it, or because he wants to. How many spins off those this novel have right now, and need to be directed by the author like most proper spin off are? I doubt that anyone plans on stopping the releases of haganai any time soon.
Speaking of this, do we know what role the author has for the PSP game? Does he writes all the original routes for the girls, only some of it, or only supervise it?
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:46   Link #340
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Just a question that's not really important more of curious type of thing. Maybe it's been answered, but haven't seen it brought up. Has Yozora always known that Kodaka was the one from way back when? You would think he would be hard to forget with the hair. I take it it was her social ineptness that prevented her from approaching him before if she had known...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.