AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 14 19.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 18.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-16, 08:18   Link #61
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Lord General sure can fight well.
That giant bug guy never stood a chance against him.
Panic on the train was a total overreaction. What would he gain by jumping off a speeding train?! Kinda stupid.
Nice action scenes!
Really interesting episode.
Can't wait for next one!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 08:44   Link #62
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I felt it was a decent episode. Put me in the "a bit confused and having trouble getting a handle on things, but feel the truth will be revealed" group. If it's not revealed very well, then I'll have issues with this series, heh.

Yuji is speaking with a different voice, which tells me someone else is in control. Probably the person who was speaking to him in ep 1. Is there some entity in his treasure? Perhaps that is the source of the silver flames that tick Margery off? Almost feels like Yuji struck some sort deal with whoever that voice is.

But I like Shana's training. I liked Keisaku's palpable fear in trying to get off the train; it really shows his humanity through the choice he's taken.

I was a bit put off by the fight at the start, and how a flame haze was seemingly so easily defeated. I have no basis for power levels among the flame hazes (just assuming they are fairly similar), but would have expected a better, more evenly matched fight at least. Though from what I understand, the novel made the fight better. And probably 'tis the curse of secondary characters, as some have said.

Looking forward to ep 3, when Yuji comes back. Should be interesting to see Shana and Kazumi's reactions. And I want to see what Yuji has to say about all this.
Kaijo is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 08:55   Link #63
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
YUJI IS SO CUTE AND HAWT IN HIS NEW FORM. And with deep voice and soft voice changing on top of that, it's an epic sandwich.

Last edited by Kaskodiona; 2011-10-16 at 08:57. Reason: It was nearly (or it was) a spoiler.
Kaskodiona is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 09:07   Link #64
virox
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
About the voice:
I assume Yuuji will use three different voices.
The first one is the Aizen voice, basically used when SnH is in full control
The second one is a deep version of Yuuji's normal voice, first heard at the end of episode 01 and of course, all the time during 02, when he wasn't talking in SnH voice.
It means that they are both talking, since they are mutually bounded, after all.
The third voice will be the original Yuuji voice, as seen in the opening sequence of episode 01. This is probably when he talks to Shana, as Yuuji.
I like the idea of the changing voice, although I have to say that the SnH doesn't match the appearance of him, but that's because it's Yuuji's body, after all.
virox is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 10:54   Link #65
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Panic on the train was a total overreaction. What would he gain by jumping off a speeding train?! Kinda stupid.
haha, yeah... I mean, I can understand his position and fear.. but running off like crazy, trying to get off the train no matter what, not to mention that scream! ye.. that's quite a bit of over-reacting you have there.
Dahak86 is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 13:27   Link #66
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
haha, yeah... I mean, I can understand his position and fear.. but running off like crazy, trying to get off the train no matter what, not to mention that scream! ye.. that's quite a bit of over-reacting you have there.
I believe he wanted to stop the train by pressing the red button there, not to just jump off.
__________________
SkyFlames is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 13:36   Link #67
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I believe he wanted to stop the train by pressing the red button there, not to just jump off.
oh, I know full well that. I said 'get off' for a reason. (still kind of an over-reaction)
Dahak86 is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 17:12   Link #68
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Well, his life was on the line. He had no help from Margery or any other Flame Haze, so he just went insane over finding the best way to stop the train somehow and get off.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 17:16   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
And in the worse case scenario, bruises and broken bones heal.

I mean to us it's like nothing since we're all hardcore Vets right (>.>) ? But to him it's probably like Terminator/Alien/Jaws/Predator all rolled up into one is coming for him.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 17:22   Link #70
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But to him it's probably like Terminator/Alien/Jaws/Predator all rolled up into one is coming for him.
isn't that a bit of a stretch?
Dahak86 is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 17:32   Link #71
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Smokin that CO bong
Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Skype™ to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
isn't that a bit of a stretch?
Well, more like just Terminator/Alien. I'm sure Keisaku will have no problem defeating Jaws
__________________

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader
speedyexpress48 is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 20:29   Link #72
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh, I know full well that. I said 'get off' for a reason. (still kind of an over-reaction)
Oh, I quoted the wrong guy
Someone above you said 'jump off'
__________________
SkyFlames is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 21:25   Link #73
yumichan808
tra la la la la~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: far far away land
about the voice thing... I thought i was hearing things... Great think everyone else is over thinking this too!
Lol, I kinda watched it three times in a row, just to make sure I didnt miss anything... and every time I watched, i found out something new!
yumichan808 is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 22:02   Link #74
Headgamer
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Glad they started explaining what happened for us non LN people. So Yuji's being possessed/sharing his body with some long past leader of Bal Masque. The "Hey, guess what: I'm evil now" transition starts to make a bit more since.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So Yuji turns out to have teamed with team rocket err... the Bal Masque. I hope they are not the best this series has to offer, since they're not a particularly exciting lot outside of Hecate, aside from the occasional attempts to steal Pikachu err Yuji. But they've already succeeded, so... why not get a few jobbers to lose to you to gain some credbility?

I also can't help but laugh at Yuji's new voice, especially the shifting. Mind you, it's a very sexy voice, but for some reason I keep thinking of the talking cat from Haruhi. It's that silly. What else? Stuff. Shana's experiencing angst, obviously because Yuji is gone. This is reasonable, but I'm rather disappointed everyone else is unwilling to care. Why do you people think Shana is not focused? Gah.

But not is all bad. The last scene involving Keisaku was really good. It's kinda sad that he's way more developed then most of the other characters in this anime. Shana II may be bashed often, but Keisaku's personal growth in it was something to be admired and appreciated. It represents the series at its best. The tension came from the alert that there might be an enemy nearby, and his freaking out was the second time in these 2 episodes where I could feel for a character and understand his actions. I mean, he's just a normal; he can't do anything by himself. Or can he?
^ Best post in the thread.

Ya, Yuji's new voice is too deep for my tastes and it dose remind me of the Haruhi cat.

Save for that though I enjoyed this episode more then the first. There's something to be said about having to piece together wtf happened in the first episode. I think getting a few more pieces to the puzzle added some enjoyment for me. Although, I still wish it was at least for shadowed in S2.
__________________
Headgamer is offline  
Old 2011-10-17, 03:53   Link #75
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
The way Yuji kept talking with one voice then the other was freaking weird. But other than that, it was a good episode and left me wanting to see the next one RIGHT NOW.

I'm glad Sabrac is making an appearance in this series. He's probably my favorite character.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2011-10-17, 09:01   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Good episode things are being set up quite nicely and i think we are going to see many more deaths. The other Flame Haze are most def going to pull back to consolidate they forces for a game plan and get ready since the battle lines have been drawn. No mistaken this is going to be an all out war.

Seeing Bel Peol blush and actually be womanly was weird but kind of cute if it wasnt for that damn 3rd creepy eye.

Im anxious to find out what Bal Masque's plan is and how they will go about systematically destroying the Flame Haze. I am also very interested to know what is Yuji's process of thinking as events unfold. We know his wish but does he really condone the slaughter of so many in order to achieve this. Does he even have any control while hes in there.

Shana's head is going to spin into orbit when Yuji returns and when she finds out that he is now with Bal Masque i think she is going to lose it for a bit.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2011-10-17, 14:53   Link #77
MegamiMiko
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This is what I was talking about earlier about JC staff disgracing the villains earlier in a way that we can't even take them seriously. Because they got drawed into some really retarded anime original arcs, or had certain details not explained or changed, they just look pretty pathetic and incapable when they're actually supposed to be really strong.

Just another facet of JC staff's piss poor adapting of this series. Hopefully one day they just rebuild it into mores movies like the Shana movie, which was actually a lot better than the series.
I never saw the Bal Masque leaders as weak in the anime. They've never really lost any of their fights, in fact they usually have the upper hand.
MegamiMiko is offline  
Old 2011-10-17, 19:16   Link #78
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lion's Arch
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's not that they are weak as much as they seem to come up with ineffectual schemes (which I assume were the anime original arcs.) Plus it wasn't until I realized that Hecate was that damned strong until season II (which coincided with when that part got better).

But really, stuff like sending a clone that looks exactly like Hecate and everyone's like hurr we're too busy going emo to think that the Bal Masque has techniques to avoid typical detection schemes just made everyone look stupid. Even glasses or a mask would have helped. Did that surprise anyone who was watching?

They really don't provide any charisma as bad guys either beyond the generic cocky laughter and stuff.

I mean, compare this to Sabrac, who came across as insanely lethal and deadly. And he barely spoke in more than one liner. He would have been a far superior last boss for season 2, it would seem. Or say Pheles who had a far more imposing entrance.

Compared to them, Douche-Yuji and Bal Masque appear to be professional wrestling rejects that get pushed far more than they should. There's booing a villain because you think they are evil and want them to lose, booing a villain because you fear their strength will destroy the heroes totally, and there's booing a villain because you just don't want to see them on the screen.

When the greatest interest I have in the Bal Masque is how often Hecate wants to drain Yuji's POE every night, there's a problem.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-10-17 at 19:26.
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2011-10-18, 12:28   Link #79
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Good episode...this episode explains a little bit what's going on...but is the next that will tell everything...(i hope)....

i can't wait for the next events....

I think that what i read in the novel, will be animated...just i can't wait.....
Merilyn Mensola is offline  
Old 2011-10-18, 15:35   Link #80
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
Just when I thought that I was finally starting to understand how Yuji became the commander, Yuji is coming back to the city as the normal Yuji? Perhaps he can transform similarly like Flame Haze's do, and when he does, Silver takes over him or something... I'll just let the anime tell me whats going on. Again.

I just couldn't help but laught at Yuji's alt-voice though. I did a double-take to see if it was actually Yuji that was speaking. It felt like some old dude was dubbing the lines;;;

Also, Satou's reaction was priceless.
__________________
Nochgo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.