AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-14, 00:53   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Just a question that's not really important more of curious type of thing. Maybe it's been answered, but haven't seen it brought up. Has Yozora always known that Kodaka was the one from way back when? You would think he would be hard to forget with the hair. I take it it was her social ineptness that prevented her from approaching him before if she had known...?
Yup she had always known, right after that pool chapter when he had that dream about his childhood and mumbled that quote- Yozora thought he had remembered her.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 01:01   Link #342
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
She knew and the reason she didn't approach beforehand was probably because... It's not like for the 10 years since she has never made a friend or anything! It's not like she wants to be seen as clingy or anything! It's not like she cared when the boy might have already forgotten or anything!
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 02:25   Link #343
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks for the info, that does sound like her...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:05   Link #344
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Spoiler for If Kobato gets to choose:
I think a better way to construct this argument is as following-

Yozora - past
Kodaka - present
Sena - future

Yozora represents, as you say, the past. She still values her memories with Kodaka to the extent that she is willing to break the club to preserve it (as evidence with her wish that Sena is never here.) She lives in the past, relish in the past, and is unable to move on.

Kodaka represents the present. He dislikes changes, perhaps due to all the life-changing events forced onto him throughout his life (constant moving, mother died, etc.) Whatever his reason is, he prefers things to stay static. Which is why when other people try to befriend him, he instinctively pushes them away. Interesting enough, his reluctant for changes also go backward: to preserve the present, he can forgo his past. We can see this when he questioned Yozora about her fixation on their past. Kodaka specifically asked her which is more important, their past or the club now, and it is obvious which one he wants.

Sena represents the future. She rarely let things in the past tie her up. In addition to her little run-in with Yozora about their childhood, she shows this trait in other area as well. For example, she was only slightly disappointed that Kodaka doesn't take their arranged marriage seriously. Sena believes that what's important is the future, and what determines the future is her current actions. Therefore it doesn't really matter that Kodaka doesn't take that seriously- she will just make him take her serious.

These three characters lead to a very interesting development. Initially Yozora usually dominates over Sena with her verbal abuse. You need to have an extensive knowledge of the past to be able to pull off something like this. Sena cannot matches her in this regard because she always look forward; she never scheme or sabotage others, she only work hard to make the future better.
As the series progresses, you can slowly see Sena turns the table. All the effort she puts into making the future better is starting to pay off. At the same time, Yozora is still stuck in her cocoon. This imbalance development led to the confrontation in the latest volume.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:14   Link #345
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Oh, now Kodaka fits the present an static present. Fine.
__________________
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:36   Link #346
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Speaking of this, do we know what role the author has for the PSP game? Does he writes all the original routes for the girls, only some of it, or only supervise it?
The method for these things is usually like this:

- Company takes their script writers and start building the script.
- They constantly call the original author for supervision, asking him if A character would say this or that or would do that or this or things like that.
- After they script is done they had a meeting with the author and he goes over the script approving or rejecting parts on it constantly.
- If way too many parts are labeled wrong, they go back to the first step, if the corrections are not that many they fix what they can and they move to the next script.

Btw things aren't done "in one go", every script covers a fraction of the game (like 1 or perhaps two routes of a certain heroin, things like that).

That's the usual method, I haven't heard if Haganai is going to aim for a different style or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
Kodaka represents the present. He dislikes changes, perhaps due to all the life-changing events forced onto him throughout his life (constant moving, mother died, etc.) Whatever his reason is, he prefers things to stay static. Which is why when other people try to befriend him, he instinctively pushes them away. Interesting enough, his reluctant for changes also go backward: to preserve the present, he can forgo his past. We can see this when he questioned Yozora about her fixation on their past. Kodaka specifically asked her which is more important, their past or the club now, and it is obvious which one he wants.
Your theory isn't really good; for example that's Kobato's description, not Kodaka's. Kodaka only values the "now" because it changed already into something good, in other words he probably started valuing "their present" as of volume 3 or 4 and because the club is there. He actually has no attachment to either past nor present nor future compared to how he values the club structure; he would be pretty willing to venture many things if they can keep the club as it is; however the way the story is put is that any change would put "in danger" the current situation of the club, so he chooses to play the fool.

That could change in the following volumes, forcing him to act his gut feeling as to keep club together. Or something.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:42   Link #347
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Onto another topic, this one is just my speculation-

I think there is a very definite reason why Yozora didn't tell Kodaka that they are childhood friend.

Here are what we know
1. Yozora tried to tell Kodaka that she is a girl.
2. Shelooked both happy and sad when Kodaka finally recognizes her.

I think it is given that Yozora likes Kodaka 10 years ago already, and that she wants them to be more than friends Why else would she tries to convince him she is a girl by wearing girly clothing? But they seperated and that's that.

Now 10 years later. She reunites with the guy. She now looks completely different, and the guy obviously doesn't recognizes her. Heck, he might not even remember their time together. She was frozen in fear. If he indeed not remember her, then all her memories with him in the past are now worthless. Her only 'BFF' turns out to be not so forever after all.

But all these changed in the classroom scene.

(This is where my speculation starts)
So she has a plan. What if she can reproduce the condition that led them together 10 years ago? It shouldn't be hard at all. She knows that Kodaka is still as crowd-aversive as before. They can't be fight buddies anymore. But what they can do is, instead of fighting other people together, she can proposes that they can befriend other people together. Hopefully this can recreate the condition that led to their friendship.

Then why didn't Yozora just tell Kodaka 'hey we were friends, remember?' I believe this is because Yozora loves Kodaka. It might be that she wants Kodaka to fall in love with her, not because of their past relation, but because of her current girl self. She wants him to fall in love with the now her.

The plan would have worked too, if other people didn't join.

At the end she's sick of this game. Which is why she cut her hair. I suspect that she knows all along that Kodaka will recognizes her if she reverts back to short hair. She wasn't surprised at all (happy and sad, but not surprised) when Kodaka yelled out her nickname.

This act is almost her way of conceding defeat. On the surface this puts her ahead of the pack (omg childhood friend!!!) In truth, however, it puts her at a very big disadvantage. Do you recall any best friend of a MC in an harem series wins at the end? It is difficult to convert from very good friendship into love. Yozora knows this, and that is why she hid this fact and try to attract him femininely (failure as it might be). But she is sick of pretending, so she just went ahead and do it.

BTW, Kodaka confronted Kate about his arranged marriage (as he figures Maria, the person who broke the news, heard it from her older sister ). From the way Kate replies, she is definitely back in the race.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:56   Link #348
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Your theory isn't really good; for example that's Kobato's description, not Kodaka's. Kodaka only values the "now" because it changed already into something good, in other words he probably started valuing "their present" as of volume 3 or 4 and because the club is there. He actually has no attachment to either past nor present nor future compared to how he values the club structure; he would be pretty willing to venture many things if they can keep the club as it is; however the way the story is put is that any change would put "in danger" the current situation of the club, so he chooses to play the fool.

That could change in the following volumes, forcing him to act his gut feeling as to keep club together. Or something.
That's Rika's description, 'Like brother like sister.' Rike recognizes that both sibling behave the same way.

I don't mean that he wants everything in his life to stay static. I think that he wants his interpersonal relationship to stay static. Yes he wants friend, but Rika analysis is that he (subconsciously) doesn't want 'deep' friends. Right now in the club, they are only 'shallow' friends. The framework of the club is such that it does not allow 2 particular people to become a lot closer than other people, and that's why you can equate the club = static when you look at it from Kodaka's perspective.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:00   Link #349
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for :


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
But all these changed in the classroom scene.

(This is where my speculation starts)
So she has a plan. What if she can reproduce the condition that led them together 10 years ago? It shouldn't be hard at all. She knows that Kodaka is still as crowd-aversive as before. They can't be fight buddies anymore. But what they can do is, instead of fighting other people together, she can proposes that they can befriend other people together. Hopefully this can recreate the condition that led to their friendship.

Then why didn't Yozora just tell Kodaka 'hey we were friends, remember?' I believe this is because Yozora loves Kodaka. It might be that she wants Kodaka to fall in love with her, not because of their past relation, but because of her current girl self. She wants him to fall in love with the now her.

The plan would have worked too, if other people didn't join.

At the end she's sick of this game. Which is why she cut her hair. I suspect that she knows all along that Kodaka will recognizes her if she reverts back to short hair. She wasn't surprised at all (happy and sad, but not surprised) when Kodaka yelled out her nickname.

This act is almost her way of conceding defeat. On the surface this puts her ahead of the pack (omg childhood friend!!!) In truth, however, it puts her at a very big disadvantage. Do you recall any best friend of a MC in an harem series wins at the end? It is difficult to convert from very good friendship into love. Yozora knows this, and that is why she hid this fact and try to attract him femininely (failure as it might be). But she is sick of pretending, so she just went ahead and do it.

BTW, Kodaka confronted Kate about his arranged marriage (as he figures Maria, the person who broke the news, heard it from her older sister ). From the way Kate replies, she is definitely back in the race.
Hmmm.... I guess, even big boss hasn't read the "connect" novel chapter then? I found a scan online, and it tells the story before volume 1 in Yozora's perspective, how she comes to hate Ria-ou and Sena even before she knows them personally, how she feels when she met Kodaka the first time when he's introducing himself in the class, even to why Kodaka was feared by all his classmates and teachers right after he transferred. Haven't read the story in details though, but it gives insight to Yozora's line of thought in meeting Kodaka who doesn't recognize her as Sora, told the reader that Tomo-chan was created because of a certain incident from her middle school days, and Kodaka finding her talking to Tomo-chan was told to be not something deliberately planned by her like someone in this forum speculates before, just a coincidences.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:04   Link #350
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for :




Hmmm.... I guess, even the big boss hasn't read the "connect" novel chapter then? I found a scan online, and it tells the story before volume 1 in Yozora's perspective, how she comes to hate Ria-ou and Sena even before she knows them personally, how she feels when she met Kodaka the first time when he's introducing himself in the class, even to why Kodaka was feared by all his classmates and teachers right after he transferred. Haven't read the story in details though, but it gives insight to Yozora's line of thought in meeting Kodaka who doesn't recognize her as Sora, and I think Kodaka finding her talking to her air friend was told to be not something deliberate like someone in this forum speculates before, just a coincidences.
No, I've only read the books . I am not claiming the classroom scene is deliberate. I am sure Yozora is not crazy enough to think that one up. The club thing is probably a spur of the moment kind of idea. Yozora probably thinks 'With a club Kodaka and me can spend time together doing stuff again!' Nothing insidious about this
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:27   Link #351
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Yea, the speculation was from someone else, and it was stated in the "connect" chapter too that Yozora make the club to be a place for just the two of them, which is why she was extremely reluctant letting Sena join. I guess having a lot of people having no friend at her school was a miscalculation on Yozora's part lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:17   Link #352
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
well i thougth tomo chan was just yozora's lie to not admit she was practising some socialicing skills, but i already thougth that she only created the club for the two of them, the poster wansnt made to catch the eye or transmit any (clear) message, and was supposed to be for kodaka, she even kept maria away for a long time.

i would like if someone would make a summary of that connect, i dont even knew it existed.
__________________
zeniselv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:41   Link #353
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for :
You're right, I forgot about that bit somehow
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 01:29   Link #354
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
ive been tinking, are there other side stories other than connect and the one that was a drama cd?
__________________
zeniselv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:45   Link #355
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The method for these things is usually like this:

~

Btw things aren't done "in one go", every script covers a fraction of the game (like 1 or perhaps two routes of a certain heroin, things like that).

That's the usual method, I haven't heard if Haganai is going to aim for a different style or something.
Ah thanks.

I rarely played VN based on light novel like this, the only one I've played was OreImo Portable and I've read somewhere that the original author wrote Ayase and Manami (or was it Saori)'s route and that he used too many materials he intended to use for the light novel


Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm.... I guess, even big boss hasn't read the "connect" novel chapter then? I found a scan online, and it tells the story before volume 1 in Yozora's perspective, how she comes to hate Ria-ou and Sena even before she knows them personally, how she feels when she met Kodaka the first time when he's introducing himself in the class, even to why Kodaka was feared by all his classmates and teachers right after he transferred. Haven't read the story in details though, but it gives insight to Yozora's line of thought in meeting Kodaka who doesn't recognize her as Sora, told the reader that Tomo-chan was created because of a certain incident from her middle school days, and Kodaka finding her talking to Tomo-chan was told to be not something deliberately planned by her like someone in this forum speculates before, just a coincidences.
There's connect chapter? Damn, I wish I could read Japanese well, really want to read that chapter >.<

Summary after you read it if you have the time to write, please? XD
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:12   Link #356
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
It's already October 18th on where I live (and on Japan), so...


Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear
~~ Kobato-chwaan
~~ Ko~ba~to
~~ Kodaka no imouto
~~ Kobato-san
~~ Imoutogimi
Happy birthday to you!!

__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 23:07   Link #357
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
what a woderful pic, is hard to find an image of the novel with all the cast smiling.
__________________
zeniselv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 23:44   Link #358
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
what a woderful pic, is hard to find an image of the novel with all the cast smiling.
And you still haven't found it because Maria is not in there

Mah, at least she gets to celebrate it with An-chan and his four girlfriends.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 23:44   Link #359
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
It's already October 18th on where I live (and on Japan), so...


Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear
~~ Kobato-chwaan
~~ Ko~ba~to
~~ Kodaka no imouto
~~ Kobato-san
~~ Imoutogimi
Happy birthday to you!!

Happy Birthday Kodaka!

Wheres Maria though I really feel sad for her
I really love Sena in this pic, very mature looking with her outfit and them meat
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 00:14   Link #360
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Maria is busy with her work. She celebrates personally with kate, kodaka and kobato at kodaka's house after that party.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.