AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 48 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 36.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 22.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-17, 11:35   Link #161
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
You should just rename this thread to say NO SPOILERS or something and then make one for spoilers. I know there is one but it all seems convoluted. And then there's the one for Fate Stay Night *AND* Fate/Zero, which I'm not even sure if it's supposed to have spoilers for both or just one or none...

Anyway, awesome episode.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:13   Link #162
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Then what about an anime/novel comparison thread (without spoiling future events)? For one it is annoying to go through all these posts behind spoiler tags, but I understand the arguments about not spoiling novel content or how lengthy the discussion can become.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 14:54   Link #163
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
You should just rename this thread to say NO SPOILERS or something and then make one for spoilers. I know there is one but it all seems convoluted. And then there's the one for Fate Stay Night *AND* Fate/Zero, which I'm not even sure if it's supposed to have spoilers for both or just one or none...
Comparison themselves are -not- spoiler, this is why they are allowed to begin with, since they are still ontopic (what happened in the episode at that given moment). The reasons for tags however were already explained. The fact something in spoiler tags doesn't mean it is a spoiler, but this is also the cause of utter misuse of the tags for ages, hence the strict spoiler rules we use on our forums, since the vast majority hardly use proper label.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Then what about an anime/novel comparison thread (without spoiling future events)? For one it is annoying to go through all these posts behind spoiler tags, but I understand the arguments about not spoiling novel content or how lengthy the discussion can become.
Why would we need another thread, while comparison is actually based on the topic of the episode thread?
Really, spoiler tags are not even taking a huge space whatsoever, and reading them just need an additional click (putting them in the Spoiler thread would forbid any anime viewer to read them without the risk of "true" spoiler). Whether or not they make the thread good looking or not is no concern considering its limited use in an episode thread.
Anyway, thats all for the discussion. Any further discussion regarding this point should be done in forum feedback.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:27   Link #164
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Not much action, mostly dialog heavy but I still enjoyed especially Saber's and Irisviel's. Seriously, this Saber makes me understand why so many people like her, even I start to have soft spot for her. And she looks aweasome in suit! I really hope that they won't ruin her like F/SN series did. I really lost all interest in her there.

Nice to see Lancer in the picture, loved the background music.

A bit confused about the whole kiss scene though, were thay together in the past or something?

I'm suprised by the number of assasins Kirie has! How is it even possible? Isn't there suppoused to be only one servant? It looks like whole army was summouned!
I agree. But honestly I don't think Saber was ever a problem. It was just Shirou and Deens Fate stay night anime that sort of ruined her character. Looks like in Fate/Zero we get to see Sabers true colors.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 19:07   Link #165
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Never played the novel so can't compare adaptions but yeh, Shirou had ruined her a lot =/
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 07:54   Link #166
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Not much action, mostly dialog heavy but I still enjoyed especially Saber's and Irisviel's. Seriously, this Saber makes me understand why so many people like her, even I start to have soft spot for her. And she looks aweasome in suit! I really hope that they won't ruin her like F/SN series did. I really lost all interest in her there.
Yeah, I also didn't understand why people liked her so much when I was watching F/SN( I watched F/SN when Fate/Zero novels were almost finished). But now I begin to understand why people treated her in such a good way. Yes, there's some fun, cuteness etc. when Saber goes on a date, eats food ,but serious Saber is much more awesome.

And when Saber becomes Shirou's servant does she remember the times when she was Kiritsugu's servant?
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 09:06   Link #167
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
She does, but Saber is very reserved so she rarely brings it up unless asked about it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 13:17   Link #168
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I am surprised some users felt so strongly against this episode. Then again, that may be an age old issue of book/novel vs movie/show. In a written story the imagination does wonders and and a movie/show can restrict rather than give life to a scene. Or, it simply did not please them regardless of whether they read the LN or not. I admit separating those 2 appears to be a hassle and not even spoiler tags are safe with people mechanically clicking them regardless of wanting to avoid spoilers are not.

However, I felt like this episode was good overall, although I am getting anxious for some fighting to break out.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:40   Link #169
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I am surprised some users felt so strongly against this episode. Then again, that may be an age old issue of book/novel vs movie/show. In a written story the imagination does wonders and and a movie/show can restrict rather than give life to a scene. Or, it simply did not please them regardless of whether they read the LN or not. I admit separating those 2 appears to be a hassle and not even spoiler tags are safe with people mechanically clicking them regardless of wanting to avoid spoilers are not.

However, I felt like this episode was good overall, although I am getting anxious for some fighting to break out.
I find it also really strange that some users felt strongly against this episode. I found it amazing and the soundtrack went really well with the scenes, especially at the end.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:02   Link #170
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
I find it also really strange that some users felt strongly against this episode. I found it amazing and the soundtrack went really well with the scenes, especially at the end.
At times, everyone is looking for something different in a story. Movie/show adaptions of written stories are especially contentious. Personally, I am far more interested in Kariya/Berserker than Saber/Iri. Although, Alexander/Waver are starting to grow on me, especially when bringing up historical references. Overall, I think F/Z if taken as a stand alone show is pretty damn good so far. I also agree that the soundtrack has been solid so far.

I respect the opinion of some that they may not like it, but a score of 1 does appear a tad extreme when taken in the context that there are far worse anime out there in terms of story and animation quality.

There are plenty of episodes to go in order to make/break an opinion
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 05:19   Link #171
Thousand Mistress
#1 Dio fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sky Pirates Tribe
Age: 20
Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress Send a message via Skype™ to Thousand Mistress
Well, this episode....I was expecting to see Berserker as he was in the preview on episode 2. Sadly, I only got to see Zero Lancer, which is okay I guess.

For me, this episode is...not really bad, but story-wise, overall it's good. Irisviel here has been depicted as a true personification of a Master. Honestly, I was not satisfied on the cliffhanger battle between Lancer and Saber. I sure hope their battle lasts long next episode.

I bet some of the followers of this series are strongly disappointed by this episode because they never actually got to read the light novels, and they are rather confused. No further comments about the soundtrack, it's awesome.

Speaking of which, Irisviel is much more active this time~
__________________
Thousand Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:10   Link #172
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
Well, this episode....I was expecting to see Berserker as he was in the preview on episode 2. Sadly, I only got to see Zero Lancer, which is okay I guess.

For me, this episode is...not really bad, but story-wise, overall it's good. Irisviel here has been depicted as a true personification of a Master. Honestly, I was not satisfied on the cliffhanger battle between Lancer and Saber. I sure hope their battle lasts long next episode.

I bet some of the followers of this series are strongly disappointed by this episode because they never actually got to read the light novels, and they are rather confused. No further comments about the soundtrack, it's awesome.

Speaking of which, Irisviel is much more active this time~
I think it's the opposite from what I've seen.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:35   Link #173
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I respect the opinion of some that they may not like it, but a score of 1 does appear a tad extreme when taken in the context that there are far worse anime out there in terms of story and animation quality.
Let's just chalk it up to Forsaken Infinity having a short attention span.

By and large, the Fate/Zero episodes have gotten a very high rating by those who vote in the polls. I'd even venture to say the best of any currently airing show that has a poll available on these forums.

So, I wouldn't take the very few who dislike it all that seriously.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:38   Link #174
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Let's just chalk it up to Forsaken Infinity having a short attention span.

By and large, the Fate/Zero episodes have gotten a very high rating by those who vote in the polls. I'd even venture to say the best of any currently airing show that has a poll available on these forums.

So, I wouldn't take the very few who dislike it all that seriously.
Agreed, but I'll admit that I am itching for some Kariya/Berserker shenanigans. If next episode has nothing then I will probably feel that they are drawing things out and perhaps disappointed. While that may not be a bad thing, I most certainly prefer it to be sooner as opposed to later.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:59   Link #175
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
It's a large cast and just a little over 20 minutes a week. Obviously not every character is going to get the spotlight every time. I've been wanting some more Kariya since episode 1 as well, but that's just the way it is. I'm sure his time will come, so in the meantime why not just enjoy what the other character have to give. Being turned off of certain episodes just because they don't feature our favourite characters is a recipe for inevitable disappointment.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 16:46   Link #176
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Good quality anime is good quality. I am excited about the next episode even though I read the novel already.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 11:23   Link #177
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I just adore Fate/zero Saber. This is how her character should be. Not to mention I always love women that can wear a suit well.

The conversations between her and Irisviel are just downright fun to listen to. Good chemistry between the two.

All in all another dialogue heavy episode, but with great character interactions (which i have to say is usually a high point for me with shows) so yeah, really enjoying this show thus far.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:18   Link #178
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Let's just chalk it up to Forsaken Infinity having a short attention span.

By and large, the Fate/Zero episodes have gotten a very high rating by those who vote in the polls. I'd even venture to say the best of any currently airing show that has a poll available on these forums.

So, I wouldn't take the very few who dislike it all that seriously.
I wouldn't take the polls seriously in general. It's very clear to me already this is one of those serious business shows that people either vote very highly on or vote extremely lowly on to be different and then get shit for it. Frankly to turn it back around a little bit I'm having just as hard a time taking the people calling it like the greatest show ever and being defensive about it seriously as I am people who think the show sucks because it's slow paced or whatever.

Then again this is all coming from someone who feels anime fandom at large has failed to appreciate the bounty of great variety and quality of shows that is this Fall 2011 season. Season's to good for any of this "greatest show" nonsense or dwelling on the shortcomings of any one show for too long.

I guess I'm saying I don't and wouldn't take most of the anime fandom all that seriously right now from where I'm sitting. The whole spoiler problem and some fans of Fate/Zero IMO being really inconsiderate towards some non-LN readers like me who don't necessarily feel like knowing everything about the show before it happens hasn't really helped my impression of the more diehard Type Moon fans in particular. I mean yeah, believe it or not there are some people that aren't that familiar with this story, but would still like the opportunity to enjoy it the same way LN readers have if not quite with the same level of reverence for the material. I mean it's to the point where I'm not even able to read the whole thread because I've already been spoiled on events 2 episodes ahead by now, so I fully support the mod initiative to stamp this sort of thing out.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:30   Link #179
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, could we not beat up strawmen and reply to opposing opinions directly?

I actually have to have some respect for people that don't like episodes in these threads since the responses to them tend to be kinda hostile or at least patronizing at times.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 22:22   Link #180
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Third War: Land of Winter Trees

Probably I wil recall this episode as one of the most unique in Fate/Zero not much because of battles, which it lacked in the first place. But because I can see now that Illyesviel has been troubled from the start about Kiritsugu. There's so much she can do for Kiritsugu, but Kiritsugu himself feels he's not deserving of the blissdoms he earned.

I think that the best characters are Kiritsugu and Kotomine because of the certain quality both men share in common: void.

Kiritsugu, on one hand, is clearly shown coping with his feeling of void now since a little less than a decade he finally found true meaning in happiness with Illye, and both made a family conceiving Illya.
On the other hand, Kirei's dead eyes indicate he doesn't mind anything at all in this word as to who and whether the Holy Grail War is won or lost. Nothing in the world can shake him off of those void feelings.

Furthermore, watching Illye walking by the shore with Saber as her escort was such a delightful, kodak moment much because both women were partaking in casual conversation about base experiences that remind of childhood memories or youth memories from the past; things that we as normal people can relate.

Now, talking straight business ......

I don't want to get spoiled about what's coming up next between Tokiomi and Kirei, and from surface level the incident with Assassin seems to invite unsuspecting masters with a false sense of security about Tokiomi's servant.
I don't believe in anyway Tokiomi's want to make such a show about his Archer: Gilgamesh.
Rather, my first impressions told me he's confident with Gilgamesh's ability. Something, the King of Heroes alone possesses that no other of the remainder six Heroic Spirits can fathom or have.

Still, I don't forget that this is war, and alliances are meant to collapse. It's just to anticipate the matter in dates and hours.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.