AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-20, 08:26   Link #1
THOBAB

suggest anime for me please :)

Good day everyone,
i'm new in this forum and this is my first thread, idk if there already a similar thread here.

I been looking for anime that would really hook me from the beginning to the end
my favorites are the smart amines with masterminds competing with the element of suspense and thrilling moments.
It would be more clear once i gove examples Here are my top list:

Death Note
Kaiji (both seasons)
Code Geass R1 & R2
monster

- I also have seen, one outs (though i don't like sport animes but it got most of the criteria i was looking for)
i don't like high school or shounen with the big cute eyes kinda animes
- If you don't have suggestions that fit the above criteria, please suggest Anything with a great story suspense, thirlling moment that blows your brain. and thank you

Last edited by THOBAB; 2011-10-20 at 13:56.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:47   Link #2
Tempester
is making a new theme.

So you like thrillers, huh?

I recommend you Monster. It is quite long but it has an excellent story and lots of interesting characters.

Another great anime is Macross Plus. It works fine as a standalone story so don't worry about continuity or the such. It's very exciting, brief, and excellently directed with impressive music.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Old 2011-10-20, 10:02   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might enjoy "Bakeneko," the final three-episode arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its sequel, the twelve-episode series Mononoke. These form a collection of short stories about a "medicine seller" who also slays demons in the Edo period. Every story requires the protagonist to determine three characteristics of the demon in order to slay it. All the demons are conjured up by the malevolent acts of humans who must be interrogated to solve the mystery.

Another option might be Mouryou no Hako, which starts off looking like a romance between two high-school girls, but quickly turns darker when one of them is hit by a train.

My first vote would be for Monster as well.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:09   Link #4
daernac

Have you seen Berserk? that is one of my all time favorite. Just make sure you have a good 2 days to watch it. Otherwise, you'll be upset you can't watch more. Kind of like in Deathnote. Let me know what you think .
Old 2011-10-20, 13:34   Link #5
THOBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
So you like thrillers, huh?

I recommend you Monster. It is quite long but it has an excellent story and lots of interesting characters.

Another great anime is Macross Plus. It works fine as a standalone story so don't worry about continuity or the such. It's very exciting, brief, and excellently directed with impressive music.
I've seen monster i loved it, i forgot to add it above
I've checked on macross plus i'll have it on my list to watch
thank you for your suggestion
Old 2011-10-20, 13:42   Link #6
THOBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You might enjoy "Bakeneko," the final three-episode arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its sequel, the twelve-episode series Mononoke. These form a collection of short stories about a "medicine seller" who also slays demons in the Edo period. Every story requires the protagonist to determine three characteristics of the demon in order to slay it. All the demons are conjured up by the malevolent acts of humans who must be interrogated to solve the mystery.

Another option might be Mouryou no Hako, which starts off looking like a romance between two high-school girls, but quickly turns darker when one of them is hit by a train.

My first vote would be for Monster as well.
Mouryou no Hako looks very interesting its my next to watch
mononoke is different than everything i ever watched, might watch it just for that
going to check Bakenko
thank you for posting
Old 2011-10-20, 13:50   Link #7
THOBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by daernac View Post
Have you seen Berserk? that is one of my all time favorite. Just make sure you have a good 2 days to watch it. Otherwise, you'll be upset you can't watch more. Kind of like in Deathnote. Let me know what you think .
I just saw first episode looks interesting, but its too early to judge it
although its not simillar to what was mentioned above.
thank you for posting
Old 2011-10-20, 15:11   Link #8
kitten320

So you basicly like thrillers/mysteries/detectives? Almost like me
Let's see...

Baccano! is not any of the genres but the way series are done gets you really sucked in. things that don't makes sence at first get cleared up later. First episode is meh but starting from episode 2 you are in for a good ride.

Berserk is also a bit different but there is a lot of war scheming going on as well as traitory and outsmarting it. Series gets better as thy prgress, I myself was not impressed with episode 1 but later it really got me in.

Ghost Hunt
are great series about ghost hunting which are made detective style. It has mysteries, planning, strategies... really loved this one.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
is about assasins, main hero was brainwashed and forced to become one. Eventually he starts to seek freedom but escaping huge mafia group is not easy. A lot of betrayals and scheming. also one of my faves.

Shiki is a suspence anime about a village where people start to die out. The cause is obviouse to a viewer but despite that you still are engaged in what is happening and you want to know how characters will deal with this mess.

Steins;Gate has a lot of thinking going on. Series are about time traveling. The most entertaining part starts after episode 12 but I think it will keep you interested until then as well.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a mind battle anime between a withc and human. Witch is insane and keeps killing people using magical tricks. The human has to prove that all of those actions could have been done by human without magic. A lot of blood here.

From ongoing series you can try to keep up with Mirai Nikki. This series are fully about outsmarting each other. There are 12 players who are fighting for the title of God. In order to get it they need to kill each other until one is left. All 12 of them have diaries that show future. They have to come up with plans that would change the future in their favour. It is shounen series but so far they look very different from standard Naruto and Bleach series. A lot of killing here.
Old 2011-10-20, 15:44   Link #9
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer

Check out the anime that came out around early 2000 especially Satoshi Kon's.

Perfect Blue - it's a movie where a former Idol turned actress is having a stalker problem and the twist is great. It came out in 1997.

Paranoia Agent - Two detectives must find an assailant who has been attacking random people at night with the bat. It's a very tense watch throughout the whole series.

Texhnolyze - A lone fighter loses both arm and leg early on. In a town territories divided by 3 factions, he sets out alone on the street to exact revenge on people responsible for early assault.
Closed Thread