AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-19, 22:36   Link #3761
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'd hoped no one else would have that thought. Or speak it.
Hahaha. Did I get on your wrong side for saying that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
For canon to embrace that monicker instead of misusing well-established terms like Ace of Aces.

Seriously, for all these years I thought of Nanoha's title by its actual meaning, that of an Ace whose achievements in real-battle, presumably within the six years between A's and StrikerS, surpassed every other Aces in the TSAB, and not...mere Air Instructor. Oh, sure, IRL only the best flyers gets selected into aggressor squadrons, but those guys don't even get called Aces until they actually flew into a real conflict and do noteworthy feats, let alone be called Ace of Aces. By what Nanoha had accomplished before StrikerS (on-screen), she was, at best, at par with other aces, not above them.

Which makes this doubly ridiculous is that they also slapped an aggressor qualification on her ID.

Ah, forget it.

Question: Where was "The Blazing General" first mentioned? And was it mentioned in engrish too, or was it originally japanese?
Hmm... well Nanoha is already considered an ace so I don't see what's wrong with that. Not only that, she did do noteworthy things together with the others so she and the others are considered aces so I don't see what's wrong with that. So what's wrong? The only part that is wrong is Ace of Aces which should be referred to one person is actually referred to a group of them. That's it. I think the "Aggressor" and "Ace" is correct though.

Also I'm feeling like you are downplayeing her becoming a "mere" air instructor. There are two groups the normal instructors (which Vita is a part of) and the elite instructors which only the best gets into it and Nanoha is one of them. Saying she is "mere" air instructor would not be correct then would it? That division that she is it wouldn't be called "Armaments Service Supreme Air Force 'Aggressor'" for no reason at all when you compared to the other "Training Corps". Also the "Aggressor" on her card is there because the Tactical Training Corps was known as "Armaments Service Supreme Air Force 'Aggressor'".

Last edited by Enternal; 2011-10-19 at 22:52.
Old 2011-10-19, 22:45   Link #3762
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Question: Where was "The Blazing General" first mentioned? And was it mentioned in engrish too, or was it originally japanese?
Oh that title was Japanese, it was very formal. I had to struggle a bit to translate it in a more, how do you say, impressive manner.

「烈火の将」
Literally: Raging Fire or conflagration General

Or 'General of Raging Fire', 'General of the Inferno', 'The Burning General', etc etc but I thought 'The Blazing General' sounded good at first. It was her second title, I believe the first one was 'Knight of the Sword'
Old 2011-10-19, 22:50   Link #3763
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Also I'm feeling like you are downplayeing her becoming a "mere" air instructor

Quote:
not...mere Air Instructor. Oh, sure, IRL only the best flyers gets selected into aggressor squadrons, but those guys don't even get called Aces until they actually flew into a real conflict and do noteworthy feats, let alone be called Ace of Aces.
Ahem.

The "mere" was because being an aggressor, while undoubtedly awesome, pales in comparison to being an Ace of Aces in its real meaning (instead of how Tsuzuki used it here) aka 'he/she who kicked the most ass in amongst a group of asskickers, in real operations instad of just calculated trainings in controlled environments'. And no, Nanoha didn't kick the most ass, considering that pre-StrikerS her only wins (friendly tournaments didn't count) were against Fate, a bunch of drones (which the Wolkenritters also did), aaaand...I can't think of any other. IIRC all her fights against the Wolkies before the become friends ended in draws, except the first one which ended in a loss.

Is being an aggressor awesome? Oh yes. But nothing compared to being an Ace of Aces which, the original meaning, means that she's vanquished more enemies that Signum, Vita, Chrono, Fate, and others.

Note that this if I use Ace of Aces by its original meaning.

If I use Tsuzuki's perversion of the term here, then I give up. Yes, she's an Ace of Aces. And apparently, there's lots of them, which means there's gonna have to be an Ace of Aces of Aces to highlight the best of them, only this time that that title is given to the best in the training ground, not of the warzone.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-10-19 at 23:04.
Old 2011-10-19, 22:59   Link #3764
Nagumo
Random Translator

In other words... different levels of awesome.
Aggressor = Awesome
Ace of Aces = Awesomest
Ace of Ace of Aces = Hartmann... damn Nazi

Last edited by Nagumo; 2011-10-19 at 23:11.
Old 2011-10-19, 22:59   Link #3765
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ So the REAL problem is Tsudzuki using WRONG terminology here...
Old 2011-10-19, 23:05   Link #3766
Enternal

Lol! Yes the problem is with Tsuzuki using the wrong terminology. He should have come up with something like... I don't know Ace of the Top Elites or something that tells that Nanoha is the best among the elite instructors... or whatever.

Well at least the "Three Aces" have no issues. Still does not change the fact that Nanoha is still pretty damn awesome right? Not only that, RIOT 6 kicks soo much ass. You have powerhouses such as Nanoha, Vita, Signum, and Fate. Nukers like Hayate. Supporters like Shamal and Zafira (and in the past... Yuuno). And the front attackers which are pretty darn good as well.

"Ace of Ace of Aces = Hartman" LOL!

Hmm... Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces -> God Mode

Last edited by Enternal; 2011-10-19 at 23:19.
Old 2011-10-20, 00:35   Link #3767
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Or 'General of Raging Fire', 'General of the Inferno', 'The Burning General', etc etc but I thought 'The Blazing General' sounded good at first. It was her second title, I believe the first one was 'Knight of the Sword'
I was under the impression that Knight of the Sword was her title before Hayate reprogrammed the Book and Blazing General was the one she gave her afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Hmm... Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces -> Mobius 1
Fix'd it for ya.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:03   Link #3768
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I was under the impression that Knight of the Sword was her title before Hayate reprogrammed the Book and Blazing General was the one she gave her afterwards.
I think she had both titles from the start. Knight of the Sword for her abilities as a swordswoman and General of Fire for her flame element magic...

Quote:
Hmm... Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces of Ace of Aces -> Mobius 1
Cipher might like to test that theory, but then the world would explode and we'd all be sunk.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:08   Link #3769
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
I think she had both titles from the start. Knight of the Sword for her abilities as a swordswoman and General of Fire for her flame element magic...
I figure that all of their titles save Wolkenritter were from their previous human lives.

Or heck, perhaps even that, if they originally served a master of the unaltered Tome of the Night Sky.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:16   Link #3770
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wonder exactly why the Wolkenritter became the Guardians of the Book. If Vita's monologue in ViVid Ch. Especial EX is te be believed, the Wolkenritter already served the book even before gotten tranformed into the Book of Darkness.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-20, 16:25   Link #3771
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder exactly why the Wolkenritter became the Guardians of the Book. If Vita's monologue in ViVid Ch. Especial EX is te be believed, the Wolkenritter already served the book even before gotten tranformed into the Book of Darkness.
I theorize that they volunteered to be part of a special mission that involved becoming guardians of the book. Maybe during the twilight days of Ancient Belka and the book was going to be a last ditch weapon or means of protecting Belkan culture.

It might be interesting if Vita wasn't one of the original guardians, but rather a family member who was (brother, sister, father, etc), wound up being killed at the last moment or otherwise unable to complete their duty and she took over for them.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:39   Link #3772
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
I theorize that they volunteered to be part of a special mission that involved becoming guardians of the book. Maybe during the twilight days of Ancient Belka and the book was going to be a last ditch weapon or means of protecting Belkan culture.
The thing is that apparently the Book wasn't intended to be a superweapon in first place but only a very efficient magical toma able to storage knowledge and spells through the reading of linker cores. According with canon, it was when some guy messed up with the Book and corrupted the defense program when the "Yami no Sho" emerge.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-20, 18:05   Link #3773
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
So may be people who messing with the book probably think that they are tools that casually played, before they finally met with Hayate that he regarded as her own family.
Old 2011-10-20, 18:08   Link #3774
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
So may be people who messing with the book probably think that they are tools that casually played, before they finally met with Hayate that he regarded as her own family.
According to Vita they meet nice masters before but none of them was able to avoid the book's destiny, but considering the nature of her narrations those nice masters probably trated them like valuable servants or praised allies at best, apparently Hayate is their youngest master and also the first to take them as her own family.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-20, 18:18   Link #3775
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
I thought that they think that the Book was always corrupted since their existence.

So far I can only think of 3 things that are the possibility of the Wolkenritter's nature.

1. They were humans absorbed directly into the book almost like what happened to Fate near the end of A's.

2. They were Materials like the clones of the Aces in the PSP games. Speculation: the reason how they were made is because the book already absorb their linker core and give life to them.

or

3. They were just made out of the blue like Reinforce Zwei.

I like leaning towards the second one.
Old 2011-10-20, 18:43   Link #3776
Enternal

No I don't think the book was always corrupted. It became corrupted due to tampering by other mages.

The Wolkenritter themselves however are not clear. Even they themselves are not sure of their own existence as they don't really remember it.
Old 2011-10-20, 20:00   Link #3777
Sunder the Gold

The book was certainly not always corrupted. Yuuno flat out explains that it used to be a completely different sort of Device called the Tome of the Night Sky.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:23   Link #3778
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Specifically, Vita refers to a "First Master" in a favorable way, so I'm pretty certain the Tome wasn't always a weapon of mass destruction.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:37   Link #3779
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Sorry. I think I word it wrong.

I meant to say that the Wolkenritters thinks that the Book was corrupted before even they existed / became became guardian of the book.

^^ I hope this is clearer
Old 2011-10-21, 01:28   Link #3780
LostSome

I think we see Rein with the Book looking at some warships in the prologue of Force.
Making me guess it was used as a weapon during the war.
But Force never gave an answer... Still can, I guess.
Closed Thread