AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 73 46.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 37.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-22, 22:49   Link #81
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
NPs are conceptual weapons, as first episode said, so they are really difficult to break. Like magic swords +1 in Tabletop RPGs.
more like +4 and EA is probably a +5
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 22:49   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say didn't expect Lancer to be such a threat. He's really pushing Saber and she's not in a great position. A spear that can break through magic and one that can inflict wounds that won't heal anytime soon (I assume it's not never or she'll bleed out before the war is done). Rough for Saber who wants to keep her identity hidden.

Alexander the Great . That guy is unbelievable in so many ways. He just charges into the field and announces his name. I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode since he just threw everyone off.

Interesting for Emiya spotting Assassin. That removes the advantage of him at least thinking Assassin might be gone (though he already had doubts). Will see what happens with him leaving one to follow Irisviel around since they could take him out, but that would let Kirei know that they know.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 22:49   Link #83
sento
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yes, he was quite pissy when they didn't want to submit to him. And he had nothing more on his mind than conquest.

Of course, that's why we take liberties. =p
Historical Alexander really got very very very pissed at Tyre, lol.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 22:50   Link #84
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm trying to decide if you're purposefully being obtuse or not.
Well when a servant is detected, it means that if they are within a certain radius of another master or servant, they can be sensed. Doesn't matter how they move or whatever.

Here, he was alerted to Assassin's presence by the gust of wind, not because he could feel a servant being there. That's why he looked directly at Assassin, if he merely felt Assassin's presence, he wouldn't know exactly where he is, just that he's nearby. This was a physical indication, not a magical.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:07   Link #85
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Alexander the Great, the best santa ever.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:09   Link #86
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm surprised to see so much negativity about the fight scenes, because I thought they were beautifully animated. Sword vs. spear is a goldmine for great choreography, as witness Balsa vs. The Hunters in Seirei no Moribito, which is probably the gold standard for weapons combat in a TV anime. I don't put this on that level, but it was damn good, and accomplished without a huge reliance on CGI. I didn't find the camera tricks obtrusive at all - I thought it was very stylish and reminiscent of classic martial arts live-action movies.
When Lancer used his Noble Phatasm was when things kicked off. Earlier they showed everything but the characters and it was extremely frustrating for a few shots.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:12   Link #87
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
All hail ufotable.

ALL HAIL UFOTABLE!!!!!!

(*and DEEN dies)
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:15   Link #88
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more like +4 and EA is probably a +5
In F/SN it also converted semen into magical beams... which beats D&D anyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Alexander the Great, the best santa ever.
More like a mass murdering pedo-bear (as any revered leader), but yeah, this GAR hulk is the legend, right

Poor Waver, let's hope your aniki won't read his own history, and remember his past-time activities
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:30   Link #89
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I admit, the Assassin thing makes no sense. We just hear last episode that the Assassin class can remain undetected as their class trait
Assassin was on the crane that they were talking about earlier. The best position for observation.

Kiritsugu just had a hunch and decided to look there again and happened to spot Assassin.

However, as you say, there's no real reason Assassin had to be materialized unless that's a requirement for Kirei to see through its eyes.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:31   Link #90
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Wow I feel like it's Shiki fighting.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:33   Link #91
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I don't get why people remain so keen on comparing the Fate heroic spirits to the original mythologies and pointing out the disparities between the two, sometimes implying those somehow detract from the Fate characters in some way. Both Nasu and Urobuchi have said numerous times that their policy is to use the original mythology just as a basic foundation for ideas. A mere surface basis, if you will, for their own and ultimately new and unique characters. You'd think genderbent King Arthur would make that obvious enough, but for some reason it seems people sometimes still expect a rigorous level of historical/mythological accuracy, which I personally feel would just make the characters much too predictable and boring. It's a lot more interesting seeing new twists on old tales rather than just seeing them plainly rehashed all over again.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:35   Link #92
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
also, I think its safe to assume that Kiritsugu's standards are the Thompson Contender and the WA2000, I think...
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:53   Link #93
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
is "Gae" a surname for something?

The F/Z Lancer has two spears with "Gae" in its name, and the F/SN Lancer has a Gae Blog.

How many spears did Gae make? lol.
Also, Sabre seems to be a fan of getting hit by them.

Waver's expression when Rider just yells out his identity was great, but I liked Lancer's reaction to it as well.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:57   Link #94
LostHanyou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm trying to decide if you're purposefully being obtuse or not.

We have Assassin, who is supposed to be undetectable. Let's go with the definition where people can't sense their presence.

We have Emiya, about to take out Lancer's Master, when we have the "gust of wind". I called it a cinematic trick, because this is cinema, so unlike a novel where the author can just write, "Emiya senses Assassin", you need some sort of visual cue.

Emiya stops what he's doing, and points his gun straight at Assassin. Not sweeping around looking for the source of this presence he feels. But, straight at Assassin. So, not only does he feel Assassin's presence, he felt it so strongly he was able to immediately pinpoint Assassin's location. Now, we can chalk up his instantly locating Assassin due to his guess that the crane would be the best vantage point to watch what's going on, but that still doesn't answer how he detected the presence in the first place to cause him to stop his sniping and take a look at the crane.

Hence, my statement concerning Emiya being able to detect Assassin's presence when Assassin is supposed to be able to hide his presence.
To answer your question from the LN, Kiritsugu was already keeping watch of the crane since he realized it was a good vantage point and he thought if someone were to watch the battle it would be from there. Also, he pauses after seeing Kanyeth in order to confirm Maiya can also see Lancer's Master, so they can set-up a crossfire.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:57   Link #95
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Very well animated battle. Though I guess because a lot of it was just learning information and the two investigating each other, it wasn't exciting, despite the good animation. Kind of unfortunate.
And Saber...
I got the perfect plan --> Gets hurt
Hmph, I don't need this armor, sheds it (so cooool) --> Gets hurt


We be r

And Kiriya-Oji-san is going to finally make a reappearance?
I thought maybe he died and was left to rot in the garbage dump, shown in the OP. (kidding)

Yamada-Assassin... If you're an assassin, try hiding better.
Or is it all just as planned?!
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 00:08   Link #96
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
the funniest part is how Archbald also urges Lancer to stop having fun and start being serious.

It's like Lancer and Saber are just sparring buddies in this fight, not going for killing the opposition. They are both just doing chip damage at the beginning, testing out each other.

If not for the fact that Santa arrives they could have gone into a full on fight.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 00:11   Link #97
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I don't get why people remain so keen on comparing the Fate heroic spirits to the original mythologies and pointing out the disparities between the two, sometimes implying those somehow detract from the Fate characters in some way. Both Nasu and Urobuchi have said numerous times that their policy is to use the original mythology just as a basic foundation for ideas. A mere surface basis, if you will, for their own and ultimately new and unique characters. You'd think genderbent King Arthur would make that obvious enough, but for some reason it seems people sometimes still expect a rigorous level of historical/mythological accuracy, which I personally feel would just make the characters much too predictable and boring. It's a lot more interesting seeing new twists on old tales rather than just seeing them plainly rehashed all over again.
Because it's hilarious to point out the differences, Alexander turning from a mass murdering rapist into your cool big bro, Arthur loosing his testicles, Medea becoming a fujoshi (well that is not so inaccurate)... though the rest of the legend/history I am familiar with was pretty much accurate, Hercules (thank you Nasu for not latinizing his name) is true to his legend... just growling and killing, Bluebeard, well he was a serial killer, and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is "Gae" a surname for something?

The F/Z Lancer has two spears with "Gae" in its name, and the F/SN Lancer has a Gae Blog.
Quick search and if I can recall the extremely very little gaelic I remember from my grandmother it must be accurate, though I had more in mind in mind advance, either as verb or noun, so non-inbred Celts could help out more... I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
How many spears did Gae make? lol.
Also, Sabre seems to be a fan of getting hit by them.
Gae is not a person (see above) or at least I think he isn't... could be in Nasu-verse

As for Sabre she has very high resistance to physical and magical damage so she can take calculated risks, that's when she calculates correctly... obviously not the case with the latest episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And Kiriya-Oji-san is going to finally make a reappearance?
I thought maybe he died and was left to rot in the garbage dump, shown in the OP. (kidding)
Kiriya dead... Pedro, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Anyway, I have no bloody clue what servant he summoned and then turned him insane... given the ED I go with Lancelot or The Black Night (Monty Python's anyone :ihoh, unless it is The Loch Ness Monster, and that knight is just for show in front of the loch sorry, lake

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-10-23 at 00:18. Reason: merging
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 00:16   Link #98
Randomzx
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
To answer your question from the LN, Kiritsugu was already keeping watch of the crane since he realized it was a good vantage point and he thought if someone were to watch the battle it would be from there. Also, he pauses after seeing Kanyeth in order to confirm Maiya can also see Lancer's Master, so they can set-up a crossfire.
Also, Assassin had to remain in his physical form to allow Kotomine to see through his eyes (information gathering was the main role the Assassin had to play for Tohsaka). Otherwise, he would have remained in spirit form (and wouldn't have stirred up the wind).
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 00:24   Link #99
Mercurius.H
King of Hg
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gae in old celtic means spear I guess
__________________
Cuius rei subscriptionem mirabilem sane detexi hanc marginis exiguitas non caperet.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 00:25   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This certainly wasn't Saber's shining moment for sure. Every decision she made was pretty much wrong and her ability to hide her sword was negated by her first opponent . The King of Knights is going to need to rebound .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.