AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 13:25   Link #161
smoke123

ugh as a true fan (well i wud like to say i am) i cudnt watch this crap..after episode 8 when it shows natsumi showing some jealousy towards the kaichou ...it just felt like an alternate reality...

how can they make this show marketed to the old fans and cut out such main characters and string the remaining with each other...i mean it was a plot reversal in a way a bad one....

damn still cant forget that airport episode at the end of s1...

even slayers was butchered like this....but still they didn cut characters...

HELP ME TV TOKYOOOOOOOOO
smoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 04:08   Link #162
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafreiteris View Post
Do third season is the last seasion of YUA, or is there going to be some new material someday?
Probably the last.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 17:11   Link #163
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tayutama-anime

Guess this should be updated that Sentai's holding the North American license for YUA: FT.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:00   Link #164
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, in the previous series they always mentioned Tokairin, there has been not mentioning about him in this one, though that could change. What i have seen so far is that Natsumi is back to her crush for the captain, as she was not happy when she found out that the captain had a daughter though it was just a misunderstanding and it was not really his daughter.
I just rewatched the whole 3 seasons as well as the specials + No Mercy OVA, and I should have voiced my elements of disappointment earlier about the 3rd season. For the themes in the episodes, I don't mind that since it was familiar most of the time. However, a huge number of characters were completely forgotten for the most part such as Saori, Daimaru and Sena. Even having Kinoshita for a few episodes would have been good.

I saw about how they brought the closure on Miyuki and Ken's relationship... not bad, but it could have been a little better if we saw a ring on Miyuki's finger by now.

My greatest disappointment was that Toukairin went AWOL in the 3rd season. I know that Tomokazu Seki is a very very busy man when I look at his work, but I still wonder if he was THAT BUSY back then so the YUA project staff couldn't put more effort to bring him back since a huge number of fans love Toukairin even to this day (I'm also a big fan of Seki's characters). His character was tailor-made for Natsumi as he matched her on everything as a perfect male equivalent.

As someone voiced previously, it felt like an alternate reality which shouldn't be, especially not after the good moments between Natsumi and Toukairin. Even the Live Action series had something very interesting between Natsumi and the OC taking over with a number of Toukairin's characteristics just for the live action series. I couldn't care less about her crush for the Captain, so I decided I'd keep the third season to bed for good.

My 2 cents.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 18:57   Link #165
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I found something on Amazon.com called "You're Under Arrest:Fast and Furious Collection". However, Anime News Network doesn't list a series called "You're Under Arrest:Fast and Furious". What is the 'Fast and Furious' collection? Is it the TV series from the 2000s that had three seasons plus some OAVs?
Old 2013-08-25, 23:01   Link #166
Keiichi Morisato
Belldandy's Betrothed

You're Under Arrest: Fast and Furious is the subname for the second season of You're Under Arrest. What that collection is is merely both boxed sets of Season 2 repackaged in a single boxed set. When Sentai Filmworks released You're Under Arrest Fast and Furious, they released that season as two boxed sets, Part 1 and Part 2. After some time, Sentai simply decided to repackage the season as a single boxed set.

Sentai would go on later and do the same thing for You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle, which was also released as two boxed sets, Part 1 and Part 2. They would also repackage those sets in a repackaged single boxed set.

Hope that clarifies it for you.
Keiichi Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy