AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 18:55   Link #3161
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm just glad the rest of the NFC West lost. Coming back from the bye next week we should beat the Browns.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:03   Link #3162
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm just glad the rest of the NFC West lost. Coming back from the bye next week we should beat the Browns.
Only way for the Niners to not make the playoffs -- total implosion.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:04   Link #3163
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Pretty much. And the only way I see that happening is if the Ravens just completely and utterly destroy them, either physically or through their confidence. But even then, they should have a good enough record by then that even if it does happen, they should still make the playoffs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 20:12   Link #3164
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kudos to the Jets. That was the one they needed to win when few believed they could.

New Orleans already up 21-0 at quarter time. This could be the blowout of the season the way Brees is playing.
Old 2011-10-23, 22:15   Link #3165
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

62-7 and we're not done yet...

I thought it was bad taste to show rape on primetime television.
Old 2011-10-23, 22:46   Link #3166
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And it ends up 62-7. Saints score on every drive except their final one.

Al and Chris on the commentary were saying that New Orelans would not relent except for benching Brees once it was truly blown out.

This is all the result of the kind of team the Colts built around Manning - gunslinger offense and pass-rusher defense. The other teams now understand how to play against them. A lot rookies/2nd years are in the Colts team now - particularly on defense - while Curtis Painter is hapless and only seems capable of throwing to Pierre Garcon while Reggie Wayne can hardly get a catch.

This Colts team has bigger problems that just 'What if we don't have Manning?' There's a long rebuilding process ahead. At this rate they'll be the ones to get Andrew Luck. Manning can play a few more seasons, mentor Luck and gradually let Luck take over. Or maybe Manning would get traded if they want Luck to get right into it. Still, Manning is too important to that organisation - it would be a fair betrayl to ditch him when he took that team from zeros to heroes.

Either way, Colts need to build a proper team that isn't one-dimensional. And somebody needs to slap Bill Polian big time for not being able to find someone to backup Manning. They're quite lucky Manning didn't miss games until this year. If Brady, Roethsberger and Rodgers have backups - why can't Manning? Another reason they should go for Luck.

Bet NBC are quite mad too. With the amount of Colts games that have been made Sunday/Monday night prime-time games and they're turning into massacres, it's not been good for them. Al and Chris spent the whole 4th quarter utterly exasperated. What the hell do you say when there's a game that one-sided? At least they have Dallas - Philadelphia next week which will be huge. After how Washington have suddenly imploded, this game is going to be critical in how that division plays out.

New Orleans plays St. Louis next week...they could just about repeat tonight's massacre again. Brees was just about flawless, Graham and Coltson took anything they wanted, Sproles was just so freaking fast it was liking chasing the wind trying to catch him. No wonder Norv Turner didn't want to lose Sproles - that guy can play!
Old 2011-10-23, 22:47   Link #3167
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

it's only bad raep when you're receiving...The last team we did that to was the Patriots in 09...

Damn, even I can't believe how bad we slaughtered the Colts...Was actually a rather boring game to watch considering I broke out the good stuff to watch it (Interpret that anyway you want^^)...

All is good in Saintsland tonight..St Louis, then revenge factor vs. Tampa at home...Our Destiny is ours...

GEAUX SAINTS...

oh and to complete the child abuse this week...

GEAUX TIGERS...

College (LSU) and Pro blowouts this week...Good to be from Luiziana this week...
Old 2011-10-23, 22:59   Link #3168
Kyuu
=^^=

The Colts @ Patriots game will be really really sad and ugly this year.
Old 2011-10-23, 23:05   Link #3169
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
The Colts @ Patriots game will be really really sad and ugly this year.
Oh...oh god...wow...just remembered that game's coming up this year too...

Err...

Tom Brady, be gentle?

Errr...who am I kidding? That game is going to be a slaughter.
Old 2011-10-23, 23:13   Link #3170
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Oh don't worry America...Rumors are they're gonna flex us in over that game...Saints-Lions will replace Colts-Pats...
Old 2011-10-23, 23:14   Link #3171
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Bet NBC are quite mad too. With the amount of Colts games that have been made Sunday/Monday night prime-time games and they're turning into massacres, it's not been good for them. Al and Chris spent the whole 4th quarter utterly exasperated. What the hell do you say when there's a game that one-sided? At least they have Dallas - Philadelphia next week which will be huge. After how Washington have suddenly imploded, this game is going to be critical in how that division plays out.
No worries, NBC prepared for this years ago, at least after Week 11.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

The Colts are prove of what happens when you essentially make your QB the offensive coordinator for the team and don't bother to go out and build around him. They should have seen this coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Oh don't worry America...Rumors are they're gonna flex us in over that game...Saints-Lions will replace Colts-Pats...
That or the Packers/Giants. . .
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:30   Link #3172
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dude those flags the crowds brought out were AWESOME.

I switched off Skins and Cats cause we are just in a funk. Thank god for fantastic games yesterday to make me forget how uninspiring Washington and Virginia are this year.
This is what the NFC East is going to be like for the rest of the year…

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I motion for Tebow's new nickname to be the Comeback Kid.
Alex Smith has a reservation on that right now…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Feels good, man.
I'm sure it does…

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Tebow has a ton of heart. I give him that. And it won them a game today. But, he's still a horrible NFL quarterback. A horrible NFL quarterback with a ton of heart is admittedly the best the Broncos have at this point.
You guys should just calm down and work on building something that can win games…

Quote:
Are we seeing the end of the Lions fantasy? Since the Lions were hardly dominant in their first five wins. I think we're seeing the reality of the team. Not that I'd be concerned if I was a Lions fan. They've got a bunch of young playmakers, and I see a lot of potential for the future in Detroit. They should roll over the Broncos next week to get back some of their confidence I'm sure they've lost after their last two losses.
No, this is isn't the end of the Lions fantasy, but it is a wake up call for the team. And besides this isn't their year…

Quote:
The Vikings' fans should have a feeling of renewed hope after their near defeat of Green Bay. It's too early to say what kind of QB Ponder will be. My guess is an average at best QB that the Vikings will replace if an option becomes available, but not so horrible that they make QB their number #1 priority through trade/draft. This isn't me dogging on Ponder btw. Most of the QBs in the NFL are average at best. He's definitely a much better option than McNabb, who probably should have just retired a couple years ago already.
The Vikings have no hope, their team is about to cease to exist for several years. Yet I still see the players themselves making some big strides as the Los Angeles Dons. Should make the NFC West a lot more exciting it the years to come…

Quote:
Am I the only one who really hates headlines like, "Rodgers outduels Ponder"? I mean, QBs don't play against each other, so how asinine is it to make it sound like they go head to head?
QB's have always been the de-facto center of the team, that's just the way it is…

Quote:
More likely were going to be 14-2 with a first round bye and home field advantage…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

At least the Colts managed to score a touchdown…

Now let's take a look at the predictions I made last night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
It's that time of week again, so this weeks predictions:

Seattle at Cleveland, Seattle Wins. Justification: Seahawks desperately trying to prevent the NFC West from the one team rape fest it usually is.
The Seahawks fail at existing, and the NFC West remains a one-trick pony. Meanwhile, The Browns inevitable failure has been delayed a bit.

Quote:
Atlanta at Detroit, Atlanta Wins. Justification: With their aura of invincibility gone, the Cardiac kitties look vulnerable, meanwhile the Failcons hope to turn the NFC South into a threesome.
Exactly as I predicted.

Quote:
Houston at Tennessee, Houston wins. Justification: Well these teams hate each other, and I think that this is finally going to be year where Houston makes it to the playoffs.
Houston really turned this into a blowout, I wasn't expecting that.

Quote:
Denver at Miami, Denver wins. Tebowsus carries the Broncs to victory over the Deadfish, scoring a bajillion points in the process.
Not a bajillion, but a victory over the deadfish is a victory regardless. And the Legend of Tebowsus grows ever further…

Quote:
San Diego at New York (Jets), New York (Jets) wins. Justification: A birdie in my head is telling me that the Chargers aren't going to make the playoffs.
The birdie was right here, despite other things…

Quote:
Tampa Bay at Chicago (in London!), Tampa Bay wins. Justification: Makes the NFC South more competitive while providing a clear hierarchy in the NFC North.
Wrong here, and London starts a slow run towards becoming a potential expansion team city. London Monarchs 2.0 anyone?

Quote:
Washington at Carolina, Carolina wins. Justification: The NFC East is the new NFC West and the winner of the division will have 10 wins at most, more likely 7-9 wins.
I was right, now let's see how hard the NFC East will suck this year…

Quote:
Kansas City at Oakland, Oakland wins. Justification: Oakland will win ugly, and they also will also fake punt again this game, and by the end of this season the Raiders will have attempted to do a fake punt on first down at least once.
I was wrong on everything here, except the last part which is still in play til the of the season for the Raiders…

Quote:
Pittsburgh at Arizona, Arizona wins. Justification: The little birdie is also telling me that Pittsburgh won't make the playoffs this year either.
I still think the birdie is right somehow…

Quote:
Dallas at St. Louis, Dallas wins. Justification: Tony Choko will throw at least two interceptions, but since the Rams are walking existence failures, the Cowboys will win this one anyways.
Choko didn't throw any interceptions today. He'll make up for it next week against the Eagles…

Quote:
Green Bay at Los Angeles (nee Minnesota), The soon to be Los Angeles Dons lose their last home game as the Minnesota Vikings against the Green Bay Packers. Justification: The Dons suck donkey dick.
The Dons didn't suck as much donkey dick as I thought. I guess they'll end up being entertaining to play against once they come to Los Angeles next year…

Quote:
Indianapolis at New Orleans, New Orleans wins. Justification: GEAUX SAINTS!
And they Geauxed far…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:49   Link #3173
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
No worries, NBC prepared for this years ago, at least after Week 11.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible
"The season again will utilize "flexible scheduling" in Weeks 10-15 and 17."

Holy cow. So late into the season... but:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/week=1

Looking into the upcoming weeks... the matchups for Sunday night will be better.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:43   Link #3174
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The highlights of the Chiefs-Raiders game were mortifying. So many interceptions and no touchdown throws...

Thank flock the Browns - Seahawks game didn't even have uploaded higlights. That must have been only ugly game...

Much more spirited effort from the Vikings. But WHY would you punt it back to the Packers with 2:30 on the clock...that's just one pathetic decision.

Perhaps the Texans will finally get the results they should be. Their offense is pretty darn stellar. Just play defense like that more often.

*sigh* Atlanta won...*facepalm* *headdesk*
Old 2011-10-24, 03:14   Link #3175
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The highlights of the Chiefs-Raiders game were mortifying. So many interceptions and no touchdown throws...
I was relying on McFadden fantasy-wise. But no, he had to go down very early in the game.
Old 2011-10-24, 03:36   Link #3176
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Is it even possible for the niners not to make the playoffs at this point?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:55   Link #3177
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Barring a freak accident or act of nature or Paul Allen jinxing them, I'd say they're in.

But they always say wait until Thanksgiving before you call it.
Old 2011-10-24, 21:44   Link #3178
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Ravens offense: 25 total yards, 0 first downs.
Old 2011-10-24, 22:47   Link #3179
solomon

O.......M.............G

WTF B'More. Damn I am sorry I missed that game.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:01   Link #3180
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's game - Jags win. Prior to Baltimore's final drive for 90 yards, the Ravens had 56 total yards the entire game.

The. Entire. Game.

This isn't a trap game performance, it was just bad. Really bad.

Tags
american football, sports