AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-17, 20:18   Link #461
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
So I heard that the 'official' Australian release is looking to be 2013... Not sure how accurate that is, it could just be a temp thing. But that's what I got from one of the senior EB senior managers over the weekend at the expo, spoke to the EA C.O.O fellow too.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:25   Link #462
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So I heard that the 'official' Australian release is looking to be 2013... Not sure how accurate that is, it could just be a temp thing. But that's what I got from one of the senior EB senior managers over the weekend at the expo, spoke to the EA C.O.O fellow too.
Ouch.. that really sucks
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:46   Link #463
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
2013? How the heck do they figure that one?
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 22:53   Link #464
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
I finally got suckered into Pre-ordering...hopefully I'll get to try it out before it goes retail.

Rolling a JG (tank) this time around...sick of playing healer/CC/squishies all the time in MMOs.
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:48   Link #465
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
JG? wahts that?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:51   Link #466
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Jedi Guardian.

Gonna roll a Consular/Sage myself.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:55   Link #467
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
oh i thought it was juggernaunt.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 00:06   Link #468
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Compared to said poster, I personally enjoy being the party's healbitch.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 00:12   Link #469
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I can't stand being a healer, so boring.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 00:18   Link #470
barcode120x
NS
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
oh i thought it was juggernaunt.
SJ would be Sith Juggernaut. The mirror for the Republic would be Jedi Guardian (JG).

I rarely play healers in RPGs/MMORPGs so it was really fun to play Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer with heals, but I reset my talent tree and went DPS and that was even better. But yea, as I said earlier, based on the polls SI will be the most played/picked class the first month or so so I'll be rolling Sith Marauder or Jedi Sentinel (I still haven't decided my faction, but I'm leaning towards the Imperial Empire since I have a few friends/clannies going there).
__________________
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:23   Link #471
Otani-kun
Beta Tester
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
My options for first character are:
- Jedi Consular Shadow
- Smuggler Gunslinger
- Trooper Commando or Vanguard

Still waiting to see every possible companion and all that stuff before I pick.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 17:48   Link #472
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Compared to said poster, I personally enjoy being the party's healbitch.
I was a healbot in L2 and a couple other games...total about 6-7 years as a healer

In Aion I was the CC bitch as a sorc, except Aion's CC is an rng mindfk.

I have only played tank once in one game..so imma try it.
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:17   Link #473
barcode120x
NS
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
In Aion I was the CC bitch as a sorc, except Aion's CC is an rng mindfk.
.
Not really, more so for damage especially for stunning shot for ranger. All you needed to do was stack a good amount of MA and pray you don't go up against full MR players with +10 or higher AP gear that exceeds your MA.
__________________

Last edited by barcode120x; 2011-10-24 at 22:30.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:48   Link #474
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Not really, more so for damage especially for stunning shot for ranger. All you needed to do was stack a good amount of MA and pray you don't go up against full MR players with +10 or higher AP gear that exceeds your MA.
Stunning shot is also RNG, but unless you play sorcs enough, you don't understand the lame rng at work. I have one of the best setups balancing MA/HP, but rng still frustrated me to no end, both PvP and PvE. Don't even get me started with PvP, MR clerics are fing bs. Add to that is the shitty CD on AoE CCs, we get fked over cuz of MR, then we can't use the CC again for the duration of the battle.

Just to give u a little background, I was part of the first team to take down Taha in Zikel, think we were...7th in NA, and first in NA to get Taha staff. So i'm not quite claiming myself as the sorc that knows all, but I know enough to bitch about RNG.
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:25   Link #475
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
After sitting on the fence with this one for a good while (No, I don't consider going back to WoW at this point. For good or ill, I'd like to think I have quit it for good this time) I finally caved in and preordered the game. Having always been a KOTOR fan this is bound to tickle my fancy presentation and aesthetics wise. And seeing the first batch of available game copies is going to be limited in numbers, I sure didn't want to find myself in a situation where I want to try it out, only to find out they are "out of stock" and having to wait for several months until they manage to expand their server capacity and release the next batch.

What I find pretty eyebrow-rising though is them calling this a "global release". It seems that "Global" constitutes North America and about 2/3 of EU for people at EA and Bioware. Suffice to say, I was not amused to find out the Digital Edition is locked for me, because "not available in your country". Sure, I live in EU so importing a physical copy from amazon.uk is a piece of cake, but it really adds unnecessary hassle, not to mention running the risk of having the game getting stuck in some post office along the way due to Christmas roadblocks that tend to happen around said time there (The game being released on 20th and all). And ordering an express international delivery actually costs more than the game itself! (Though might opt to anyway, seeing I don't want to risk waiting until january due to post office overload ... le sigh).

So ... yeah. Excited about the game and for a scenery change from the WoW-like fantasy lands that have been flooding the market (While I love typical fantasy settings, a change of pace definitely won't hurt), but the way EA/Bioware are handling their digital distribution has left me less than impressed. Global Release ... *snicker*. At least I won't have any problems playing it in terms of latency, got to feel for people in Australia and that side of the world in general, with all the servers being located in EU and NA. The ping will likely be a killer, especially early in with the servers flooded and untested for such strain, even if one goes through the trouble of importing a copy all the way over.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:12   Link #476
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
After sitting on the fence with this one for a good while (No, I don't consider going back to WoW at this point. For good or ill, I'd like to think I have quit it for good this time) I finally caved in and preordered the game. Having always been a KOTOR fan this is bound to tickle my fancy presentation and aesthetics wise. And seeing the first batch of available game copies is going to be limited in numbers, I sure didn't want to find myself in a situation where I want to try it out, only to find out they are "out of stock" and having to wait for several months until they manage to expand their server capacity and release the next batch.

What I find pretty eyebrow-rising though is them calling this a "global release". It seems that "Global" constitutes North America and about 2/3 of EU for people at EA and Bioware. Suffice to say, I was not amused to find out the Digital Edition is locked for me, because "not available in your country". Sure, I live in EU so importing a physical copy from amazon.uk is a piece of cake, but it really adds unnecessary hassle, not to mention running the risk of having the game getting stuck in some post office along the way due to Christmas roadblocks that tend to happen around said time there (The game being released on 20th and all). And ordering an express international delivery actually costs more than the game itself! (Though might opt to anyway, seeing I don't want to risk waiting until january due to post office overload ... le sigh).

So ... yeah. Excited about the game and for a scenery change from the WoW-like fantasy lands that have been flooding the market (While I love typical fantasy settings, a change of pace definitely won't hurt), but the way EA/Bioware are handling their digital distribution has left me less than impressed. Global Release ... *snicker*. At least I won't have any problems playing it in terms of latency, got to feel for people in Australia and that side of the world in general, with all the servers being located in EU and NA. The ping will likely be a killer, especially early in with the servers flooded and untested for such strain, even if one goes through the trouble of importing a copy all the way over.
Would you like to join us all when we pick a animesuki server?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:35   Link #477
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 29
I got the game on pre-order too will be playing smuggler for sure
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 02:24   Link #478
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Would you like to join us all when we pick a animesuki server?
I don't have anything against the idea per se, as none of my acquaintances seem to consider starting at the very launch, but it ultimately depends where you guys are planning to play - on a US or EU server? While it might be feasible to play on an US server with my connection and not experience too much latency issues, the EU ones are still going to be faster for me, so that's where I will be playing.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 10:32   Link #479
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Likewise, I'm more likely to gun for an EU server.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 17:21   Link #480
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Where are you guys from..?
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.