AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kannagi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-17, 19:30   Link #61
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wales
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Anyone know anything about the OVA? CDJapan says the 7th DVD contains the 13th episode and an "unaired episode".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Question!

Where can I get the song that Takako sings in episode 10?
(When they sing Karaoke)
FYI it is track 6 on the CD that came with the 5th limited edition DVD.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 19:41   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I remember reading an article on MAL where there was suppose to be an unaired episode of Kannagi with the dvds... but considering I didn't see it anywhere else I thought it was a mistake... but you say cdjapan lists it.. hmmm.. can anyone shed some light on this? Really looking forward to it if it's true.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 02:37   Link #63
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
The release date for the 7th DVD is 27th May 2009 so maybe we will find out more closer to the time. This is what cdJapn have for the release.

Quote:
Crazy Shrine Maidens (Kannagi) 7 [Regular Edition]
Description
Seventh DVD release from anime series "Crazy Shine Maidens (Kannagi)" featuring episode 13 and unaired episode. Limited edition includes bonus CD with soundtrack and cast talk plus pin-up card.
So it does look like a DVD-only release of an extra episode.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 12:52   Link #64
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wales
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Amazon seems to agree:
Quote:
最終第13話とTV未放映エピソードを収録
- http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B001QD6CFM/

As does the official anime site:
Quote:
第十三幕「仁、デレる」・テレビ未放送エピソード1話 収録
- http://www.nagisama-fc.com/anime/dvdcd/dvd7.html

I won't insult anyone by including the web translations, but both mention an untelevised episode.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 18:56   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Trailer for episode 14:

http://www.nagisama-fc.com/anime/movie/oa_14.html

Doesn't look like we'll see Jin and Nagi hook up, which is a bummer...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:28   Link #66
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
It's just a bonus episode... I think one centered around the entire cast is best for that sort of thing since they are usually the most fun episodes. And there's always season 2 for what you want....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 21:32   Link #67
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Too bad they still do not have enough material to run a season 2. Unless, they make that season stylized in the same format Bleach is running in. 1 episode per 1 chapter, which would be really difficult to do.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 17:22   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
There is more manga chapters unanimated than there is animated... If the current manga arc had been finished before the mangaka fell ill I'm sure a second series would've been hinted at if not announced by now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 23:32   Link #69
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
There is more manga chapters unanimated than there is animated... If the current manga arc had been finished before the mangaka fell ill I'm sure a second series would've been hinted at if not announced by now.
In episode 14, a second season has been hinted at. Yeah, just hinted at.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 21:53   Link #70
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Notice this site advertising on Anime News Network: http://www.nagisamafanclub.com/anime/index.html

Trying to assess / drum up interest for a US release?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:37   Link #71
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Notice this site advertising on Anime News Network: http://www.nagisamafanclub.com/anime/index.html

Trying to assess / drum up interest for a US release?
Well, yeah -- I would be surprised if the license doesn't get announced at this weekend's AnimeExpo.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 19:44   Link #72
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wales
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Notice this site advertising on Anime News Network: http://www.nagisamafanclub.com/anime/index.html
see also http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...15#post2423215
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 10:59   Link #73
ZeBird0
In a tree
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The States
Age: 20
Is there any Kannagi fanfiction out there to read? I check fanfiction dot net but there's nothing there I think.
__________________
ZeBird0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 23:38   Link #74
y0shi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cologne (Germany)
Necropushing once more, I should start watching some stuff that isnt years old lol.

Anyway, the usual stuff, is the manga/novel further into the story? Is there any indication of a second season? Any infos? The ending was nice but pretty unsatisfying xD
__________________


~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 02:22   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
The source material is *much* farther along - but on hold because the author has been ill. They certainly left the end of season 1 as if they *expected* to get a season two but alas. Kannagi, along with many other series that needed another season or two, doesn't seem likely to catch a break.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 08:54   Link #76
y0shi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cologne (Germany)
Ok, thanks =)
Ive read the novels got released AFTER the series aired? So what is the original material? the manga?
__________________


~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 08:59   Link #77
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Ok, thanks =)
Ive read the novels got released AFTER the series aired? So what is the original material? the manga?
Manga is the canon one. And the reason why it's on hold is because of author's health, probably because of the immature outbursts of the otaku in Nagi's virginity.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:55   Link #78
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Can anyone explain what the roots of the "Nagi virginity fiasco" are? Japan isn't exactly a puritanical society with strong religious prohibitions against premarital sex. To be fair, however, "virginity fiascos" aren't exactly restricted to fictional characters; I've seen on sites like Sankaku Complex that otaku can get real stabby when popular female seiyuu get boyfriends or are seen with men.
Mazryonh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:21   Link #79
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Can anyone explain what the roots of the "Nagi virginity fiasco" are? Japan isn't exactly a puritanical society with strong religious prohibitions against premarital sex. To be fair, however, "virginity fiascos" aren't exactly restricted to fictional characters; I've seen on sites like Sankaku Complex that otaku can get real stabby when popular female seiyuu get boyfriends or are seen with men.
I'm not sure if it's possible to answer this question with pure facts, but I think it basically goes like this:

1. Some (obsessive?) fans like to believe/pretend that they are or could be a celebrity's first and only boyfriend (because they are that celebrity's "true fan"). (The same can apply for female fans and male celebrities, feeling jealous if their favourite celebrity gets a girlfriend -- this happens even in Hollywood culture.)

2. If a female celebrity actually does get a boyfriend (or "heaven forfend", lose their virginity), they are no longer "pure". This also ruins the aforementioned fantasy, since even if the celebrity did encounter the fan, the fan would almost certainly be rejected since they won't measure up (and they wouldn't be able to be the celebrity's "first" anyway). (This is the same double-standard at play in much of the world, where a girl who has had multiple sexual partners is considered a deviant, whereas a guy who has had multiple partners is acceptable, perhaps even enviable.)

3. Some fans applied the same celebrity obsession principles to 2D characters. However, in many cases, the fan may insert themselves into the role of the protagonist of the story (since most realize that they personally can never interact with the character directly), so as long as the character is "pure" for the protagonist, it's okay if the protagonist starts dating the character (since they can imagine that it's them).

4. Online message board 2ch (among others) likes to make fun of these obsessive fans by playing it up and exaggerating the issue as a joke. It has become a meme that, whenever something like this happens, a whole bunch of people will feign outrage, referencing the fact that there are actually a few people who really feel that way (though no one knows just how many given the meme and "fake outrage"). Most of the "ripped up manga" and other things you see are from attention-seeking people acting crazy as part of this meme.

So for practical purposes, the origin of the fiasco is 2ch making fun of the obsessive Nagi fans who may have felt hurt/jealous/outraged that their pure goddess may have been "tainted" before having met the protagonist, Jun. A more thorough reading of the story shows that even this isn't really an issue for all intents and purposes, but the meme was triggered anyway, and some people took it too far (as tends to happen).

As for a deeper insight into the societal reasons why this attitude about celebrities exists in the first place... well, that'd be even broader speculation, so I guess it probably belongs in a different thread (though it is an interesting subject).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 09:40   Link #80
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanks for the info.

From the Sankaku Complex reports, it seems that seiyuu who happen upon "instant fame" like the K-ON! seiyuu are most subject to this virginity obsession. No one seemed to complain when Kaori Nazuka or Sayaka Oohara got married, possibly because they didn't do characters with the moe stereotype that otaku like to pay the most for.

By the same token, it seems that seiyuu who work steadily like Shizuka Itou or Yuu Asakawa don't get the same shrieking obsession of otaku. I have to wonder how this lopsided attention comes about.

But I could never understand how the fantasy of "being the star's first" came about. It seems like a rather severre disconnect with reality. You don't know them aside from a childish obsession, and they don't know you. Why would that be a good foundation for an intimate romantic relationship?
Mazryonh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.