Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 10:32   Link #21
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
To me there isn't much difference. You both play with people online. That's the same in my books.
Are you serious? Ad-hoc means playing with people who are near you physically only through WiFi, while online means you can play with anyone through an Internet connection.

Are you honestly going to say that's the same thing?
Old 2011-09-11, 13:30   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The fact that you're playing with people online is the same. That's all i'm saying, which you seem to be ignoring.
Old 2011-09-12, 10:58   Link #23
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

But you're not! Dragon Quest IX only has ad-hoc play. You're sitting next to the people you're playing with. This isn't the case with Dragon Quest X. I don't understand why you can't see the difference.
Old 2011-09-12, 12:05   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

More information can be found over at andriasang.

Interesting part to mention would be the races that can be chosen when creating a new character.
Quote:
Players can create their character as one of five races: Ogre, Elf, Dwarf, Pukuripo, and Wedi. The game also has a sixth race, humans. Jump says that you create your character from one of the five races, but the footage at the unveiling event did appear to show play as a human character as well.

Humans appear to play a major role in the game's story, as Jump says that you'll be solving a mystery involving the human world. "Has something happened in the world of humans?" asks Jump.
Old 2011-09-12, 13:35   Link #25
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I've always dreamed of a dragon quest mmo, and this seems to be a dream >< better be released in america...or RAGE!!

And no mass effect 3 for japan...let's see how they like it.
Old 2011-09-15, 12:34   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Does anyone want a PV?

I'm sold. Gameplay is basically DQVIII. :3
Old 2011-09-15, 15:23   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I am SO Freakin Sold! take my money! Plus i know a girl inRL that will play as the ogre chick with me
Old 2011-09-22, 03:43   Link #28
Sides

Majour Homepage update. It now includes a lot of screens, and the PV from the DQ collection (Wii).
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:20   Link #29
Sides

Anoop just posted some new info he gathered from gamememo.com (japanese site), for this translation visit andriasang.com

You know what, let's quote his translation here ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop/andriasang.com
Game Memo is reporting on a number of new features for Dragon Quest X. The site doesn't provide a source for the info, but they tend to be pretty accurate, so we can probably take their word for it.

Here's what's new in the Game Memo story:

• The game's story will have lots of volume, with the hope that players can continue to play online for a long time.
• Outside of story, you'll find a lot of gameplay content, as each of the game's five races have their own specific quests.
• While it's common for online games to not have an "ending" with a "last boss," it appears that this will not apply to DQX.
• The game's inn facility will now have a concierge. The concierge will give you info about events.
• While the game will have auto save, you'll still be able to go to the church to pray in order to save.
• The game will have a post office through which you can send letters and items to friends without directly meeting.
• The game world will be many times bigger than Dragon Quest VIII's massive world.
Your player character is actually human, but after some sort of happening, he turns into one of the five announced races.
• You start the game off in a small village, where you live with either your brother or sister. The game's character making feature allows you to create this family member as well.
Old 2011-09-26, 12:04   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ and so the countless incest begins XD
Old 2011-09-29, 11:04   Link #31
Sides

andriasang.com has some details on jobs available in DQX. read more on andriasang.com

Last edited by Sides; 2011-09-29 at 11:05. Reason: sorry just remembered that level-5 isn't doing this game
Old 2011-10-26, 13:17   Link #32
Sides

andriasang.com has a new article posted up covering some details about party play, A.I. and exploring the (online) world.
Unfortunate we still do not know more about the solo or offline mode, if it even exists.
Old 2011-10-27, 04:24   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Party play seems easy and basic enough. Plus i like the fact that you can register your character to be used as a AI character for other plays who want to use AI team mates.
Old 2011-11-07, 04:57   Link #34
Sides

Beta details ! source: andriasang.com

Quote:
Square Enix wants the following people to sign up for the beta test:

Those who will actively test the game and report bugs
Those who have a Wii and a method of connecting Wii to the internet
Those with Square Enix Members accounts
Those who live in Japan
More details on andriasang.com.

If you are accepted you get a disc and a USB memory stick, but apparently you can use your own USB stick. Seems like it is used for updates, DLC and others things. People chosen to take part are not allow to talk about it, post images from it or movies.
Old 2011-11-07, 08:04   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Damn you japaaaaannn~ Gimme somethin to wait for skyrim
Old 2012-04-26, 01:41   Link #36
Sides

Some news on this title.
First off fees, charges will be ¥1,000 for 30 days, ¥1,950 for 60 days or ¥2,900 for 90 days. The fees can be paid using credit cards or Wii points. However SE are planning to hosts events called "Kids Times". Basically, as far as I understand, during specific period of time people can play online for free, this service is targeted mainly at children.
Other thing is the game will be sold in two different version, with and without USB memory. If you chose the version without memory stick, you have to use your own usb storage with at least 16GB free space.

Finally the release date is set for the 2nd of August this year.

The Kids Time events sound like a good idea, as it forces children to do something else during the day, besides playing videogames, and see it as a treatment. Maybe this is something other subscription based online games should look into.

More info on andriasang.com

Make sure to check the latest PV on the official hp http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/

Last edited by Sides; 2012-04-26 at 05:27.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:50   Link #37
GrimJack

just watched the vid Squeenix uploaded on youtube...

I so want to play this but as I will never own a Wii I never will but it looks awesome
Old 2012-04-26, 18:51   Link #38
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Some news on this title.
First off fees, charges will be ¥1,000 for 30 days, ¥1,950 for 60 days or ¥2,900 for 90 days. The fees can be paid using credit cards or Wii points. However SE are planning to hosts events called "Kids Times". Basically, as far as I understand, during specific period of time people can play online for free, this service is targeted mainly at children.
Other thing is the game will be sold in two different version, with and without USB memory. If you chose the version without memory stick, you have to use your own usb storage with at least 16GB free space.

Finally the release date is set for the 2nd of August this year.

The Kids Time events sound like a good idea, as it forces children to do something else during the day, besides playing videogames, and see it as a treatment. Maybe this is something other subscription based online games should look into.

More info on andriasang.com

Make sure to check the latest PV on the official hp http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/
what about for the US? ><
Old 2012-04-26, 22:27   Link #39
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So that was footage from the Wii version, which looks solid for a Wii game. The Wii U version should look nicer (hardly any jaggies or pixelization, better frame rate).

But, yeah, even with that Wii video...this game no longer looks like shit. I think I'm back on board for it. I'd get the Wii U version, for sure.
Old 2012-04-27, 00:30   Link #40
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what about for the US? ><
I really doubt that we will see the Wii version appearing overseas. Considering the timing, launch of Nintendo's next console and this game, we would probably get it on that machine, if at all.
I just don't think DQ itself is mainstream enough in the west, and seeing that this is subscription based online game, people would probably be more ready to buy this on a new machine, being the first online game or first blah blah blah on a new console always pulls people in.

Tags
dqx, dragon quest x, pc/windows, wii/wiiu, yuji hori