AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-28, 16:53   Link #2081
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
That's the thing TheScarletSword it wouldn't have been a matter of Shinn retaining growth if they hadn't half heartedly shift focus on to Kira then the most likely plot would have been would to have Shinn continue to grow as a character eventually mature. Instead Shinn's character growth stop and they had him become somewhat psycotic till the extend ending were they slapped a band aid on him figuretively speaking..
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 17:31   Link #2082
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletSword View Post
The whole (or good part) of Kira's problem in SEED Destiny was how he acted as a messiah.
Obviously you don't know what a messiah is.
Quote:
If Kira wasn't lurking around I don't think Stella would've rampaged
Stella was already on a rampage before Kira even showed up at the place. Did you even watch the show?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 18:21   Link #2083
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Do you think that it's safe to do a hard reboot of Destiny, while keeping the central GSD characters (Shinn, Luna, etc.)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
of all the pairings, ShinnxLunamaria was the LEAST interesting.
Funny that you said that, because Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn) married Maaya Sakamoto (Luna) back in August.

At least, something came out good from the troubled production of GSD (see Spielberg and Kate Capshaw during the making of Temple of Doom; they would marry years later).
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 18:35   Link #2084
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Do you think that it's safe to do a hard reboot of Destiny, while keeping the central GSD characters (Shinn, Luna, etc.)?
They could rerelease Destiny with new animations and/or songs (and possibly a few minor tweaks to the story) should the rerelease of SEED be a success. But other than that, I don't see any reason for them to work on Destiny again, and certainly not for a reboot. There would be no point in that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 22:56   Link #2085
TheScarletSword
Befriender
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lalaland
Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword Send a message via Skype™ to TheScarletSword
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Obviously you don't know what a messiah is. Stella was already on a rampage before Kira even showed up at the place. Did you even watch the show?
I meant when she did for the final time. Bad wording there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
Obviously you don't know what a messiah is.
You still get my point, derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan
Do you think that it's safe to do a hard reboot of Destiny, while keeping the central GSD characters (Shinn, Luna, etc.)?
Probably, depending on what they do for the upcoming SEED HD remaster.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 23:19   Link #2086
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletSword View Post
I meant when she did for the final time. Bad wording there.
Even then, her action is still not Kira's fault.
Quote:
You still get my point derp
What point is that? I simply made the implication that you're incorrect in your claim that Kira acted as a messiah in Destiny.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:31   Link #2087
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They could rerelease Destiny with new animations and/or songs (and possibly a few minor tweaks to the story) should the rerelease of SEED be a success. But other than that, I don't see any reason for them to work on Destiny again, and certainly not for a reboot. There would be no point in that.
I'm willing to bet that it will be more successful than the first DVD release of Gundam Age.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 16:15   Link #2088
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, that's probably a big IF. But if it turns out that way, then good for them.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:19   Link #2089
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
You know what, I kept re watching the episode about when Stella died and I still couldn't bring myself to say that Kira killed her... she died because of the after effects of her cockpit exploding .. not because Kira's beam saber cut her into two (Like in Nicol's case) ..

well.. it may be safe to say that Kira indirectly killed her.. but still.. Kira didn't really actually kill her (?)
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:31   Link #2090
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, it's not like it matters what actually killed Stella.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 08:30   Link #2091
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
You know what, I kept re watching the episode about when Stella died and I still couldn't bring myself to say that Kira killed her... she died because of the after effects of her cockpit exploding .. not because Kira's beam saber cut her into two (Like in Nicol's case) ..

well.. it may be safe to say that Kira indirectly killed her.. but still.. Kira didn't really actually kill her (?)
In the real world, accident or not... when you cause a direct secondary explosion that results to the destruction of a target and/or crew... You will be held accountable.

So yes, kira did kill Stella by laying the final blow. So pls try not to give kira free pass of accountability. You may receive agreement from biased kira fans but your argument wont hold well to military serviceman (or-ex in my case) who has done the real deal in matters like this.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-10-30 at 09:07.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:25   Link #2092
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
In the real world, accident or not... when you cause a direct secondary explosion that results to the destruction of a target and/or crew... You will be held accountable.
Held accountable for what? Stella was a casualty of war. And in the end, she'll be listed as being KIA (if not MIA due to Shinn hiding her corpse), not a victim of Kira.

So as I said before, it doesn't really matter what actually killed Stella.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:57   Link #2093
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
It's not like we're trying to label him as a war criminal--all we're saying is that Kira was indeed responsible for Stella's death. He dealt a fatal blow to the Destroy Gundam, and it caused a chain reaction that caused several explosions in the cockpit, giving Stella fatal wounds. Ergo, Kira killed Stella.

What winter45 is saying is that just because it caused a chain reaction, we can't say things like Kira didn't kill Stella, because he did. He can't wash his hands of that, and we shouldn't try to either.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:30   Link #2094
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well if that's the case, then that's fine. But having had discussions with winter45 in the past, and with him/her using such phrases as "held accountable" and "not to give ... free pass on accountability" with respect to Kira, one can never be sure what is truly meant.

A better wording would be to say:

"Kira is responsible for Stella's death."

Or (perhaps less neutral)

"Kira gets the credit for (landing the finishing blow on Destroy,) causing Stella's death (in the process)."

But saying that Kira should "be held accountable" for Stella's death implies that there's someone that Kira has to answer to for causing her death. Now granted, Shinn did took on that role, but that's on Shinn, not because Kira was in anyway accountable to Shinn.

Last edited by monster; 2011-10-30 at 17:14. Reason: wrong punctuation
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:34   Link #2095
LightMaster
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
What winter45 is saying is that just because it caused a chain reaction, we can't say things like Kira didn't kill Stella, because he did. He can't wash his hands of that, and we shouldn't try to either.
I personally don't hold him accountable, the explosions seemed rather like a fluke. Not to mention she seemed in well enough health post-explosion that had she not been injured prior to the meager cockpit detonations she'd have been fine. I don't think anyone is held accountable when you can (more or less) prove that a previous injury made death possible, and the person didn't know the injury was there.
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 17:01   Link #2096
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Minor hell. Explosions at that range, even when they're relatively "small", can cause a huge amount of damage to an unprotected person when they're that close. The shockwaves alone would've caused a lot of injury to her internal organs.

Take Gundam 00 for example--in season 1, when Ali finished off the Dynames, the internal explosion in the cockpit seriously messed Lockon up, and in the novelization, it was revealed that the explosion had pulverized his innards. Even if Ali hadn't shot the cannon he was standing on, Lockon would've died. He was a dead man walking, and Stella was in the same boat.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 20:13   Link #2097
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Guess peeps here doesnt understand the implication what a secondary explosion can cause once a destructive reaction forms.

@monster

As to what killed stella it really doenst matter i agree but more importantly who killed stella is the better question *points at kira* unfortunately this fact is not accepted by all, and that party have resorted to the what question, to avoid kiras lethal action against stella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMaster View Post
I personally don't hold him accountable, the explosions seemed rather like a fluke. Not to mention she seemed in well enough health post-explosion that had she not been injured prior to the meager cockpit detonations she'd have been fine. I don't think anyone is held accountable when you can (more or less) prove that a previous injury made death possible, and the person didn't know the injury was there.
ill break it down.... Stella was fine, then kira causes secondary explosion, DESTROY goes KABOOM... next, she is dieing and she went dead. THE END

Noticed how Stella was fine for the most part untill kira caused a secondary explosion? So at this point we can safely say kira has killed her.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-10-31 at 04:35. Reason: k done with editing
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 04:44   Link #2098
wm4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
In the world of Gundam Seed, a civilian, which Kira was, was hold true for homicide even in the war.
That said during the period between the Lacus assault and the Orb invasion Kira was a criminal,
Until he was given a military grade later.
The thing became a little more greyer, we can say that Kira's ass was somewhat covered. :_)
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 05:08   Link #2099
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Outside the Archangel, Orb leaders, by proxy of Yuna, do not recognize the Archangel as part of Orb.

Inside the Archangel, Orb leaders, by proxy of Cagalli, support the Archangel and later officially recognize it as part of Orb.

Either way, Kira can't be considered a normal civillian, therefore:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
we can say that Kira's ass was somewhat covered. :_)
And that's all that really matters.

Last edited by monster; 2011-10-31 at 05:24. Reason: too many ts
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:42   Link #2100
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
@wm4

Kira is fortunate that his faction has won the war... with his sister leader of orb and his girlfriend with political influence with zaft this will help kira position with those respective nations. Which really is his real saving grace.

As to Blue cosmos and their pet countries doesn't matter, kira will still be hated by the fact that he is a co-ordinator.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.