AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-01, 10:37   Link #21
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Bleh those awakened forms are too disgusting...is still prefer a normal xtra size body like this


Check the boobs size
limao is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 12:49   Link #22
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
These. Spoilers. Sound. Insanely. Stupid.

Apperently we never get to see Roxanne's perfect sword... since she so busy luaghing she gets bit in half but somehow lives long enough to awaken... can any say rushed plot. I mean the girl can yoki predict but she fails to dodge since she'd rather lol. We'd still better find out how she died the first time, Id be upset if we never learn that and now that shes been rushed to awaken it seems Yagis done telling there back stories.

Hysteria still attacks Miria... plot induced stupidity all to make her get wounded in the lamest manner possible so she awakens.

Now lets get to how she gets wounded... by some one holding the sword in their mouth. Im sorry to say this One Piece fans but this all but physically impossible to weild and lame as fuck (sorry for the language but its true)... especially in an effective manner against some one as skilled as Hysteria. Im sorry but even duel weilding is hard to master but using as sword in ones mouth to defeat someone like Hysteria is an ass pull if I ever saw one.

So now we have all 3 awakened in about five chapters, Im sorry but as much as I worship Clare Id prefer a long well written transition back to her than a rushed one with bad plot elements.

I know the spoiler is true in all likelihood but im holding out hpoe that its bullshit. If its true I expect quite a few painful ratings unless Yagi does something amazing with the characters interactions this chapter.
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:22   Link #23
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Californiaaaaaa
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
These. Spoilers. Sound. Insanely. Stupid.

Apperently we never get to see Roxanne's perfect sword... since she so busy luaghing she gets bit in half but somehow lives long enough to awaken... can any say rushed plot. I mean the girl can yoki predict but she fails to dodge since she'd rather lol. We'd still better find out how she died the first time, Id be upset if we never learn that and now that shes been rushed to awaken it seems Yagis done telling there back stories.

Hysteria still attacks Miria... plot induced stupidity all to make her get wounded in the lamest manner possible so she awakens.

Now lets get to how she gets wounded... by some one holding the sword in their mouth. Im sorry to say this One Piece fans but this all but physically impossible to weild and lame as fuck (sorry for the language but its true)... especially in an effective manner against some one as skilled as Hysteria. Im sorry but even duel weilding is hard to master but using as sword in ones mouth to defeat someone like Hysteria is an ass pull if I ever saw one.

So now we have all 3 awakened in about five chapters, Im sorry but as much as I worship Clare Id prefer a long well written transition back to her than a rushed one with bad plot elements.

I know the spoiler is true in all likelihood but im holding out hpoe that its bullshit. If its true I expect quite a few painful ratings unless Yagi does something amazing with the characters interactions this chapter.

Have to agree with you on that. From just what the spoiler reveals.. it seems really rushed, but then again the few other mangas that i've been keeping up with have kind of all been rushed lately too for some odd reason...

But lmao at your One Piece reference. Was totally thinking about Zoro when that was brought up in the spoiler lolol. It's physically impossible in the REAL world, but come on now haha in Claymore or One Piece.. stuff like that should be expected. It's not THAT lame.. but more on the lines of unoriginal. I agree with the other stuff you said though.

Some spoilers have turned out to be nothing like what the real chapter turns out like so hopefully this will be the case lol.
Prinnydood is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:27   Link #24
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
The drawings will be good as usual, and people will vote 10, forget the story...consider it fillers...
limao is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:32   Link #25
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
These. Spoilers. Sound. Insanely. Stupid.
QFT. Obviously there's not much context in these spoilers but I'd expect this kind of stuff from a fake spoiler, not a real one.

Here lets sum it up:

"OMG BOOBS!"
"OMG MIRIA HAX!"
"OMG AWAKENINGS!"
"OMG TENTACLES!"

The facepalm is strong with this spoiler.
__________________
Solace is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:45   Link #26
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Really hoping these are fake. I WANT TO SEE ROXANNE FIGHT! We got backstory and fight scenes for Hysteria and Cassandra, it's Roxanne's turn!
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:49   Link #27
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Funny, if the spoilers prove true then I guessed correctly (for once). I feel like Yagi has to force the ghosts back to the blob. Unless Roxanne awakens, I just do not see a real alternative for Claire to be worked back in soon. That and, if Rubel stated he would pick those same 3 it was destined to fail with all of them awakening. Although, the sheer quickness of the pace is surprising.

Can someone clarify whether Hysteria vs Miria is still going on or are they attacking Cassandra? I gather that people are awakening left and right here, but I still do not get the specifics of what is going on.

edit: @Ryus, I thought the detail of Miria with the sword in her mouth was not correct or at least not literal. Could of sworn I saw something along those lines in the translation explanation. That, or I am seeing things.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 13:51   Link #28
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
These. Spoilers. Sound. Insanely. Stupid. (...)
I completely agree with all you've said in your post. The only reason I didn't comment on the spoilers myself is because I didn't want to rant before I've seen them confirmed but if it turns out to be true I might consider dropping Claymore which I didn't think was even possible. I'm being serious now. I might wait a year or so and then catch up with all released chapters but waiting a month to read shit will be a waste of time. If anyone was annoyed by my ranting in recent months wait till you see no responses from me. I think no interest is the worst kind of response Claymore can get.

Edit:
Although, now that I think about it dropping Claymore might be harder than I think. Still, Claymore has already lost two points in my ranking and with moves like the ones in spoilers it will drop further.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:06   Link #29
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Well shit, looks like tempers are rising and I still have no clue what the hell is happening.

-Cassandra is a tentacle beast.
-Roxanne laughs from being injured?
-Hysteria vs Miria is still going on and they critically wound each other and awake? This is where I am absolutely confused.


@Gooral, that is a hard decision. Personally, I do not know if I could give up the chapter debates.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:06   Link #30
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Claymore started going downhill about when Priscilla showed up again about chapter 98-100ish, since then my interest in manga has sliped alot.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:17   Link #31
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Claymore started going downhill about when Priscilla showed up again about chapter 98-100ish, since then my interest in manga has sliped alot.
Yup. if pris didnt show up as this infinitely strong monster, clare wouldnt have been gone, and the resurrected warriors crap would have never happened.
edit: at least ch wasnt as bad as the spoilers make it sound....

Last edited by claremore; 2011-11-05 at 19:55.
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:33   Link #32
Return Clare
Teresa within me
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kicking NG Yagi's ass
This shit is what Clare was sidelined in the ball for? Is anyone still thinking that Yagi isn't fucking NG if all this is true? I said from the start that all this newcomer shit was bad news for Claymore. How the hell can someone like Miria fend off a #1 with her arms cut off when Teresa got dead against Priscilla in the same situation? Teresa got super speed so it's bullshit that Miria could do better than her. Go ahead and report me for cursing again if you think this spoiler doesn't deserve it.
Return Clare is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:41   Link #33
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
edit: @Ryus, I thought the detail of Miria with the sword in her mouth was not correct or at least not literal. Could of sworn I saw something along those lines in the translation explanation. That, or I am seeing things.
Looked plenty literal to me (based on the Japanese version of the spoiler). We can only hope that it wasn't correct.
yononaka is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 14:47   Link #34
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Looked plenty literal to me (based on the Japanese version of the spoiler). We can only hope that it wasn't correct.
I do not know just yet, at first I thought it was just that, but I thought somewhere in the translation it talked about it in a different sense. I just need to sit down and reread all the translations again. Personally, I cannot make any sense of what is happening between Hysteria and Miria. Based on the last few replies I feel like the only one who has not put it together in a coherent understanding lol.

On second thought, I think I will just wait. If it is all true, I am just really surprised at the pace. These spoilers sound like 2-3 chapters in one. I thought I read Roxanne injured, Hysteria injured, Miria injured, awakenings, and maybe the ghosts arriving (thought I saw a Tabitha like name in there). That just seems like a hell of a lot in the course of just 1 chapter. If I had to pick a complaint about this arc, I think the pacing has been back and forth between rapid and slow. I actually rather enjoyed Roxanne, but at this rate it feels like she will be dead in 4-5 chapters.

Maybe Yagi picked up on some people missing Claire is on the express train back to the blob.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:03   Link #35
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
If the spoiler is right why there is no images - at least 1 of them.

If miria really picks up the sword with her mouth and use her, should not miria be called who**** instead of roxane ? what kind of train miria have done so she can use her mouth like that?
__________________
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:07   Link #36
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
? what kind of train miria have done so she can use her mouth like that?
I am certain there is a dirty joke to result from this.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:07   Link #37
Elandyll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: AZ - USA
Age: 42
If all 3 #1's get to awaken that fast, it'll be pretty much what I have said all along: yet another bump on the road.
Maybe the only reason for this is to (somehow) bring back Clare to save the day at the last moment, when everything will seem lost? (I know that would make more than one cringe).

I mean, three awakened #1s (basically three AOs), who seriously thinks that the ghosts and even Miria (who has already been teetering on the brink of 80% yoki release as far as we know) can deal with that?

I predict one of two scenarios:

#1 things will go downhill for our heroes, many Claymores will die, possibly a ghost or two, Miria end up seriously injured (or dies saving a comrade), and suddenly .. poof .. Clare appears on the battlefield.
- Break - Flashbacks about Clare in the blob and afterwards for the next 4ish chapters

#2 things go down really bad, Miria possibly dies along with a ghost or two and scores of Claymores, and ... flashback inside the blob for 4 chapters (without Clare appearing on the battlefield prior).


Alternate possibility: Dae smirks, saying: "This is all according to plan", and then the dragon warriors appear and kill almost everybody, with only Miria, Dietrich, Helen and Deneve remaining (with possibly Cynthia or Tab). Clare then appears, hand in hand with Pris (they are now best pals), and the most incredible battle ever starts where blows shatter the earth and raise volcanos...
(this last one is a btw)
Elandyll is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:26   Link #38
Weird D
Just existing...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
If all 3 #1's get to awaken that fast, it'll be pretty much what I have said all along: yet another bump on the road.
Maybe the only reason for this is to (somehow) bring back Clare to save the day at the last moment, when everything will seem lost? (I know that would make more than one cringe).

I mean, three awakened #1s (basically three AOs), who seriously thinks that the ghosts and even Miria (who has already been teetering on the brink of 80% yoki release as far as we know) can deal with that?

I predict one of two scenarios:

#1 things will go downhill for our heroes, many Claymores will die, possibly a ghost or two, Miria end up seriously injured (or dies saving a comrade), and suddenly .. poof .. Clare appears on the battlefield.
- Break - Flashbacks about Clare in the blob and afterwards for the next 4ish chapters

#2 things go down really bad, Miria possibly dies along with a ghost or two and scores of Claymores, and ... flashback inside the blob for 4 chapters (without Clare appearing on the battlefield prior).


Alternate possibility: Dae smirks, saying: "This is all according to plan", and then the dragon warriors appear and kill almost everybody, with only Miria, Dietrich, Helen and Deneve remaining (with possibly Cynthia or Tab). Clare then appears, hand in hand with Pris (they are now best pals), and the most incredible battle ever starts where blows shatter the earth and raise volcanos...
(this last one is a btw)
Possibility #3 : Raki appears with the chibi-Claymores and leads the attack against the new Abyssals, screaming "WARRIORS!! TONIGHT!! WE DINE!! IN HELL!!"
Weird D is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:27   Link #39
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
The only way that Miria (and the others) can make it out alive is if when all three #1s awaken, the fight and kill eachother. That would be anticlimactic but it seems like the only way that they could all make it out alive.

Unless the spoilers are all fake
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-01, 16:43   Link #40
Rigald
Snooping as usual ...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greece, Peloponisos
Send a message via Skype™ to Rigald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Possibility #3 : Raki appears with the chibi-Claymores and leads the attack against the new Abyssals, screaming "WARRIORS!! TONIGHT!! WE DINE!! IN HELL!!"
Personally I like the alternate possibility from Elandyll, and I'm also pretty tempted to put a Leonidas face in a Claymore page right now .. xD
What about a new more powerful destroyer awakening? Maybe from Clarice this time?


The spoilers sound pretty non-Claymorish .. I don't really expect them to be true .. -.-

Completely unconfirmed random Spoiler ..

Spoiler for Chapter 120 Spoiler:



Sounds more Claymorish to me still ..
One reason is how much happens in a single chapter ..
Rigald is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.