AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 16:52   Link #41
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I have the feeling that in the way that even the trailer says that you "will die over and over". I'm getting that feeling that there will be parts in the game where you'll just have to die and you can do nothing about it... Either way, not much discussion going on, are people frustrated that they are dying over and over or is it not that interesting as it seemed? Or maybe people haven't gotten it yet
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:02   Link #42
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

You will die over and over but it's always because you haven't encountered the enemy before and don't know how to beat it, or because you were reckless. Even the bosses have ways to beat them that make them seem like cakewalk (I kept getting owned by taurus demon until I figured out the right strategy and I then basically steamrolled him).

You need patience, the ability to figure things out and adapt, and a tactical approach to the battles. If you have those, you can more than handle what the game throws at you.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:40   Link #43
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
You're probably right there There is even a speed-run through the game in 1hr and 26mins on youtube.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 21:07   Link #44
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
there will be parts in the game where you'll just have to die and you can do nothing about it
I don't think so. I'm running multiple characters and classes and I found that things that maybe took me hours to do the first time around took minutes. I'd like the propose then that this game is also a bit of a "journey of self discovery".
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:10   Link #45
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
You will die over and over but it's always because you haven't encountered the enemy before and don't know how to beat it, or because you were reckless. Even the bosses have ways to beat them that make them seem like cakewalk (I kept getting owned by taurus demon until I figured out the right strategy and I then basically steamrolled him).

You need patience, the ability to figure things out and adapt, and a tactical approach to the battles. If you have those, you can more than handle what the game throws at you.
Oh and you need to learn how to exploit the bosses unintentional weakness. like getting up the wall during Sif and bombard him with fire balls until he's dead.

or farm the guys in the forest. or just do what most PVPers do, exploit a few magic glitches and kill people unfairly

love this game tho :P
Old 2011-10-16, 23:58   Link #46
kayos
RETIRED

Only weak gamers use exploits and glitches to win boss fights and pvps. Discovering exploits and glitches are fine but I don't respect those that use it on a daily basis to have an unfair advantage.

I died about 8 times to Sif trying to block all his attacks, the spinning 360 is what got me the most. Then I realized, I can use my invincible frames and roll through this swing then attack from underneath him.

I prefer the feel of a hard working accomplishment.

Remember Demon's Souls Flamelurker? Where people found exploits of trapping him in the giant bones? I've beaten that boss over 50 times and I never used that exploits once. It just takes the challenge/fun out of the game and leave you feeling cheap.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 00:42   Link #47
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I hate blighttown -_-
Old 2011-10-31, 04:37   Link #48
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Dark Souls

edit: I fail at not searching for the topic first before making a new thread

anyway game is hard for me so far. I only just beat the giant minatour demon by plunge attacking him three times in a row as apposed to doing it the right way and dodging his attacks at ground level or something.

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2011-10-31 at 17:19.
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:59   Link #49
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

already made a topic a while back bro, sorry.
Old 2011-11-01, 02:30   Link #50
kayos
RETIRED

This game's glitches are starting to piss me off.

I got invaded by npc Paladin Leeroy, before I could kill him he just magically died. I went to touch his bloodstain and all I got was humanity. No weapon, no shield, even went to look for his armors at Nito's place... nothing.

Now I have to go into NG+ to kill him again for his gears.

Not to mention I was already pissed a giant skeleton sneaked up and one shot Patches (and me) while we were talking in the Tombs of the Giants. This was my 2nd character since my 1st one aggro Patches by selecting YES.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:03   Link #51
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea... once i got done with my first game i screwed around in NG+ and quit, Prob wont play again unless a event happens
Old 2011-11-01, 18:57   Link #52
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I hate blighttown -_-
Would you like a shortcut through that mess?

Spoiler for Blighttown shortcut:

Everyone hates Blighttown. So I hope this is helpful. Although I wonder if you've made it through already?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:14   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Would you like a shortcut through that mess?

Spoiler for Blighttown shortcut:

Everyone hates Blighttown. So I hope this is helpful. Although I wonder if you've made it through already?
I haven't had time to play because of work but I will this weekend I will try the shortcut.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:26   Link #54
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I haven't had time to play because of work but I will this weekend I will try the shortcut.
Hopefully it'll help. The path is guarded by several dung giants, but you can just run past them. Apparently there is a bonfire around the water wheel but I couldn't for the life of me find it. If my explanation was subpar, I'm sorry. Though I'm almost positive there are youtube videos of it.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:00   Link #55
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Apparently there is a bonfire around the water wheel but I couldn't for the life of me find it. If my explanation was subpar, I'm sorry. Though I'm almost positive there are youtube videos of it.
The bonfire is to the left of the short cut (water wheel's path). Just follow along the left wall once you've reach the swamp; it's between the short path and the long path, in a little tunnel.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:24   Link #56
Animelover#1
Kouta...

For people who don't know, after killing the taurus demon, buy yourself a bow and about 100 arrows or so. Then shoot the tail off the drake on the bridge (by firing arrows from under the bridge) after about 50-60 arrows it should fall off, leaving you with the drake sword. 200 damage but no scaling, excellent starting weapon.

Also, If you chose thief class or master key at the start, you can go down new londo ruins, and open the gate to the valley of drakes without needing new londo key. Which basically leaves you with an awesome shield at the start, (after killing the "dead" drake) and the option of heading backwards to quelaags lair to skip out blighttown. However, since you won't have been leveling up much this may be harder than it sounds.

Another tip, a good weapon to succeed the drakesword is a lightning weapon. A ways into anor londo is a blacksmith who can make lightning weapons. Simply hand him a +10 weapon and pay him to change it into a lightning weapon. I personally upgraded the Iaito. Then level the lightning weapon as much as possible (+5 being the max).
Lightning weapons do not scale however so it's a good idea to start upgrading a different weapon before ending the game. (lightning is just easy and powerful with minimum start req.)

Having completed Demon's souls 20+ times and experimented with dark souls quite a bit, feel free to ask me any questions if you need it. I'm only too happy to help. However my knowledge on miracles is limited since I dislike using them, and I haven't really explored magic much on dark souls. I found fighting the capra demon with pure magic (which is what I had been training that account for) impossible, so gave up to play some of my other game.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 15:53   Link #57
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
The bonfire is to the left of the short cut (water wheel's path). Just follow along the left wall once you've reach the swamp; it's between the short path and the long path, in a little tunnel.
Ah.... I was missing in quite abit then. Thanks, I'll remember that whenever I go (read: forced) back to Blighttown. Not my first choice for a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
For people who don't know, after killing the taurus demon, buy yourself a bow and about 100 arrows or so. Then shoot the tail off the drake on the bridge (by firing arrows from under the bridge) after about 50-60 arrows it should fall off, leaving you with the drake sword. 200 damage but no scaling, excellent starting weapon.
Oh-ho, so the master key does unlock named doors. I only figured it was for a select amount of doors. Proven wrong but this'll help if I ever decide to go dex build with thief. I vastly prefer black firebomb as my starting gift. It made the capra demon fight much less aggravating.

Also, on the hellkite; pre-patch you could shoot it on a certain spot and that'd instantly kill it along with it dropping the drake sword. Though yes, the drake sword is defnitely epic. Though its quickly made obsolete if you're lucky enough to get a black knight sword. Which can dish up 250+ slash without being upgraded.

Also, the lightning weaponry doesn't have any stat scaling BUT alot of enemies are weak to it, albeit most of the enemies in Anor Londo are resistant to it. You also get a lightning spear at Sen's Fortress if you kill the mimic so you could always have that upgraded instead.

Also its a pleasure to meet someone else from Demon's Souls.

Last edited by Stiletto; 2011-11-02 at 15:54. Reason: typo'd
Old 2012-01-14, 06:52   Link #58
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

bit late but maybe this something you interested

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...k-souls-on-pc/

it already 72K and attract namco attention

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...cos-attention/
Old 2012-01-14, 20:30   Link #59
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I've been really addicted to this game for the past few weeks. I didn't even put myself down as the type of guy who'd like it, I usually play more narrative type RPGs (think Bioware), so it was quite a pleasant change.

I have to agree with earlier (3 month old...) posters in saying that Blight town is hell... I mean, you can fall down at any moment, the enemies are strong, and there's those zombie things that can start EATING you! I got through it in the end though ... eventually.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:59   Link #60
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Blighttown was by far the worst area for me as well. Once you get the Shadow Set, poison resistance is high enough that you can stand two shots from a blowdart sniper and make it out okay. It was invaluable to say the least.

I've been playing NG+ and have been doing more PvP (didn't do any in first playthrough until the last level).

Tags
demon's souls sequel, from software, king's field sequel