AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-02, 20:38   Link #201
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
do you think yuma could master that mouth of death sword technique too? Miria should have a new name instead of Phantom Miria, she must now be known as Miria of the talented mouth
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 20:47   Link #202
dantyx
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Miria trained by killer bee ..
dantyx is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:09   Link #203
Demon6666
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
There will always be people who complain because the direction of the manga didn't go how they 'imagined' and conclude the story is rushed/ruined or whatever. Some threaten they would drop the manga because of this? seriously? its not even finished how can you make such a judgement?

it wouldn't matter how Yagi resolved the Miria/Hysteria fight anyway, there will always be people who still wouldn't be happy. Its impossible to please everyone.

-if Miria beat hysteria 'fairly', people would rage and say it would be stupid.
-If Miria died by Hysteria's hand people would rage.
-If Miria awakened people would rage.
-If the fight wasn't resolved, people would rage and say that the stories' pace is too slow.
-this could go on forever...

How Miria beat hysteria I found acceptable personally. Though we will have to wait for a proper translation to find out what happened.

As for the rapid awakenings, i see nothing wrong with it. Its been pretty heavily implied that something like that would happen soon. Once again people complain about the lack of characterisation/history of Roxanne. Perhaps Yagi may be planning to characterise these characters once they became awakened beings? Ever though of that? Maybe Cassandra will be the ultimate 'fallen hero' character just to add more dramatic tension.

Also, has it ever occurred to people that Yagi may be planning something huge with these new events? This manga has proven itself to be impossible to predict, and i don't know about you, but so far, Yagi hasn't disappointed me personally.
Demon6666 is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:28   Link #204
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Yagi can still use Aizen card, i.e. that Miria had it all planned just like Clare when she fought Ophelia on a cliff but that would only lessen the "damage". However, Miria purposefully stopping at the exact spot where the sword was while Hysteria wasn't paying attention where she landed, in the just exact position so that sword wouldn't stick out and so she could reach the grip easily without changing her body position is close to zero (read: impossible). It would be nowhere near Clare's plan where she had time, means and opportunity.
... If Yagi did the Aizen Card there I'd feel very sick... I mean how could she have know as soon as she defended the twins Hysteria would attack her then chop off her limbs so she'd land right there and could bite the sword and use it to finish off Hysteria with an extra quick awakened phantom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
And her attack with a mouth is even less possible, Ryus has explained it beautifully. Add to this she had get up from a "face on the ground + everything else on the ground" position (it's almost impossible for a human being to do that without using your hands and impossible without kneeling) - no matter how strong her legs were it was an impossible task unless she was way faster than Hysteria and/or had super powerful neck muscles so she could try getting up using her neck which would mean they were more powerful than her leg muscles which is absurd. Basically, Miria had to get on her knees first, get up, make a 180 degrees rotation and be far enough from Hysteria so she could do what she did (otherwise stabbing wasn't an option, only slicing) while Hysteria had perfect position all of her limbs and greater speed and technique according to Miria, lol. And add to this that she lost much more steam than Hysteria (at least she should have) since she was using her youki reserves while Hysteria didn't even go golden besides the moment of her elegant technique.
Good point about the knees potion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Now, Malak is explaining it that Hysteria lowered her guard. Well, it's hard to refute if we take into account Teresa's example. The difference however between these two cases is that Miria and Hysteria were of comparable class, in fact Hysteria had an advantage. But here, Hysteria did not slow down (contrary to Teresa who suppressed her youki while facing an opponent who was faster than her at 0%), on the contrary. It looked that Miria slowed down since we didn't see her distorted face. So WTF?
Also, Miria was so powerful that after all this constant youki release she could easily attach her right arm. She even knows telekinesis since I don't see how she could put it in the right position with her teeth...
Well, as we stated apparently Miria speed up but that's apparently ok to some others here... I personally don't get it why though since it is anything but good writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Anyway, I disliked practically everything in this chapter and what I liked wasn't enough to change my opinion of it. For example I was glad to see Rubel again and some pictures (like Cassie drooling on Roxanne or the picture where she eats Roxanne's hand) and the fact that I'll probably see Clare next chapter (hence colored page) but all of it might make next chapter good, not this one.
QFT! At best next chapter will be good at the sacrifice of this months chapter. I also agree with everything you listed as the good parts of this chapter. Sadly I too feel they don't make this chapter great, let alone good with all the cons weighed in.

Spoiler for I mean this was just hot...:


Side comment: Do you remember the days we never could agree with one another? I feel I'm betraying those days
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:28   Link #205
manmmlala
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
There will always be people who complain because the direction of the manga didn't go how they 'imagined' and conclude the story is rushed/ruined or whatever. Some threaten they would drop the manga because of this? seriously? its not even finished how can you make such a judgement?

it wouldn't matter how Yagi resolved the Miria/Hysteria fight anyway, there will always be people who still wouldn't be happy. Its impossible to please everyone.

-if Miria beat hysteria 'fairly', people would rage and say it would be stupid.
-If Miria died by Hysteria's hand people would rage.
-If Miria awakened people would rage.
-If the fight wasn't resolved, people would rage and say that the stories' pace is too slow.
-this could go on forever...

How Miria beat hysteria I found acceptable personally. Though we will have to wait for a proper translation to find out what happened.

As for the rapid awakenings, i see nothing wrong with it. Its been pretty heavily implied that something like that would happen soon. Once again people complain about the lack of characterisation/history of Roxanne. Perhaps Yagi may be planning to characterise these characters once they became awakened beings? Ever though of that? Maybe Cassandra will be the ultimate 'fallen hero' character just to add more dramatic tension.

Also, has it ever occurred to people that Yagi may be planning something huge with these new events? This manga has proven itself to be impossible to predict, and i don't know about you, but so far, Yagi hasn't disappointed me personally.
i see many ppl don't get how miria got the sword, i read the chinese translation and i can explain:

hysteria said sth like: "wow, so u intended to fall on a spot where there's a sword of another warrior lying on the ground"

so it's actually miria planned to fall on a particular spot where a sword of another warrior is around, perhaps she was hiding under her body i dunno

with casandra's awakening, roxanne still being a crazy bitch and hysteria getting owned, i think it's not a bad chapter at all
manmmlala is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:37   Link #206
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
i see many ppl don't get how miria got the sword, i read the chinese translation and i can explain:

hysteria said sth like: "wow, so u intended to fall on a spot where there's a sword of another warrior lying on the ground"

so it's actually miria planned to fall on a particular spot where a sword of another warrior is around, perhaps she was hiding under her body i dunno

with casandra's awakening, roxanne still being a crazy bitch and hysteria getting owned, i think it's not a bad chapter at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
... If Yagi did the Aizen Card there I'd feel very sick... I mean how could she have know as soon as she defended the twins Hysteria would attack her then chop off her limbs so she'd land right there and could bite the sword and use it to finish off Hysteria with an extra quick awakened phantom...
I spoke too soon...

Spoiler for Oh, god... It's a "Just as Planned":


What's worse is Yagi didn't draw this warriors sword until it magically appeared just for the sake of surprise.

Spoiler for facepalm:


I mean I was going to rant earlier about Hysteria talking with a sword in her throat however I couldn't read the RAW so I held back but I must rectify that mistake now, it's out worst fears... she has to explain why the sword appeared while it's wedged in her voicebox! I'm not sure this is worse than talking without half a brain but still... ARGH!!!

Good call gooral, good call... still wish you weren't right though.

On the plus side, I suppose I won the argument about Miria being a number 1 in power though... but how come I had to be proven right like this!!?
__________________

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-02 at 21:52.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:48   Link #207
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Actually Ryus, I think the sword is more a Deus Ex Machina rather than a tweeeeest. So you need Adam Jensen saying "I never asked for this," instead of M. Night Shyamalan.


The organization being a giant experiment in a Cold War conflict was the tweeessssttt.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:49   Link #208
Jean Claymore
Former #9
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Firstly... even if there where swords whether hidden or dropped, zat even possible for a warrior to bite a 5~10kg sword with her bare teeth and deal a fatal blow in such a critical condition? *sighs. Oh, or maybe Yagi just copied from that Furher from FMA
__________________
Jean Claymore is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:56   Link #209
Return Clare
Teresa within me
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kicking NG Yagi's ass
Stupid shit like Miria's newfound oral skills is all the justification anyone needs for rating this chapter as "suck". People have complained about Clare, but the fact is Clare has freaking never had this lame a victory against anyone. NG Yagi needs to examine his head if he thinks this move made any freaking sense. How the hell can anyone seriously excuse this kind of shit? I'm glad many people here have enough sense to reject it. Gooral and Ryus you have my respect for exposing this shit for those who don't get it.

The only potentially good thing here is that maybe this will speed up the return of Clare. These freaking newcomers are really getting on my nerves and let me tell you NG Yagi, making an AB that looks like a freaking prostitute lying down with spread legs does not improve my opinion of you.
Return Clare is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 21:59   Link #210
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Cassandra awakened form is unique and besides she is one of the big ones ( abyssal level).

I think that it is a fusion between her special ability and her awakened form but, somehow, yagi failed. The image that I have in my mind of her special ability is nothing like her awakened form

If her awakened form has nothing to do with her special ability, then it is just gross and is showing that yagi is trying to kill them as soon as possible those guys ( and because of that he does not have to make them pretty like riful and isley)

--//--
I did hate clare because of her plot armor and hoped that she never come back again but now miria is killing people this way, with her teeth. Talking about plot armor
__________________
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:01   Link #211
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Actually Ryus, I think the sword is more a Deus Ex Machina rather than a tweeeeest. So you need Adam Jensen saying "I never asked for this," instead of M. Night Shyamalan.


The organization being a giant experiment in a Cold War conflict was the tweeessssttt.


I went with twist since the swords/bodies weren't shown up until now, we all knew they where there and I felt Yagi was misdirecting us on purpose now all for this moment... however I defiantly see your argument too.
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:10   Link #212
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I guessed that the dialogue between Hysteria and Miria had something to do with where she got the sword. It is one of those actions that no matter what, it will end the same way regardless of whether Yagi showed the page or not. As to how Miria got those oral skills, well, she is a being with yoki running through her body.

I wanted a partial awakening battle with Miria vs Hysteria, but no cigar. For me, what Yagi chose was not bad, but it was not good either. I just want to see Roxanne's awakened form now.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-11-02 at 22:30.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:13   Link #213
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
But we did see a new partial-awakened ability... it just wasn't at all what we were expecting.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:17   Link #214
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
But we did see a new partial-awakened ability... it just wasn't at all what we were expecting.
Ability? What new ability? and a partially awakened one at that...

Do you mean the sword in mouth? That'd be a sword technique not an ability...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I wanted a partial awakening battle with Miria vs Hysteria, but no cigar. For me, what Yagi chose was not bad, but it was not good either. I just want to see Roxanne's awakened form now.
We all [mostly anyways] wanted that slug fest, since Yagi set it up so well. Sadly though he did nothing with it... leaving most disappointed, at least on that front.
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:36   Link #215
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Ability? What new ability? and a partially awakened one at that...

Do you mean the sword in mouth? That'd be a sword technique not an ability...
It was mostly a joke... as I'm sure you guessed. But to clarify, yes, that's exactly what I meant. And since the quicksword, drillsword, rippling sword, etc. are all sword techniques as well, ability isn't all that far a stretch - and most importantly, it is easier to type.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:39   Link #216
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
I now can just imagine how happy endings with Miria must be really nice.
khryoleoz is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:52   Link #217
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
I think everyone every knows there is high possibility of new Isley and Riful. So, it's rather surprising that the story would take such predicable route. The only surprise of the story is Priscilla's power is emphasized again. So, he wants to bring out the owner of the arm. The power of the arm can seal the power of Deep Pit Thing. So, some readers are not happy. The so called "elites" become another disposable awakening beings. Too bad. Hopefully, we will see more story about Roxanne, Cassandra and Hysteria. I was waiting for them to kick more rears.
The near future outcome is coming. Super powerful Priscilla will show up. I think Priscilla will not disappoint the organization. She will show up to make the point. By the way, I think Priscilla's already too powerful when she defeats Alicia and Beth.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 22:52   Link #218
hh707
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
We won't know until we see the translated chapter, but it doesn't look as if Hysteria is beginning to awaken. It looks like she's still alive. There's not physical changes happening but then again she could be in the beginning stages of awakening.
__________________

Last edited by hh707; 2011-11-02 at 23:09.
hh707 is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 23:10   Link #219
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Hysteria is awakened. The man with half skull confirmed it. He says it is the unavoidable result. When all warriors turns against the organization, he knows that the organization is over. He revives these "things" because he begs to see the owner of the arm. He believe their huge yoki would deliver the message to the owner of the arm. (Voice in the background) So what. Seeing another instances of inferior compex(Priscilla's opponents)?!
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline  
Old 2011-11-02, 23:16   Link #220
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Well cannot sleep, so maybe one last post will put me to bed.

I believe this arc has polarized a lot of fans with regards to the momentary absence of Claire, Raki, 3 zombies, Miria's phantom, Yuma being the Silver Surfer, and the list could go on. That being said, I feel like Claymore as a story is on the cusp of potentially radical change with its tone, characters, and style.

Now, before I start ranting about change, let's open with the idea that a conclusion is within sight. This arc, while it may have started as a Claymore rebellion has most certainly refocused on Priscilla and perhaps more importantly the blob. Dae has revealed that the entire purpose of the 3 FOs derived solely from his wish to meet Priscilla. Furthermore, he confirms that the organization is in a state of demise. In essence, what is happening now has nothing to do with the organization anymore, but rather leading us back to the blob.

Furthermore, I think the writing is on the wall in regards to the fact that Priscilla is going to die in some way. Yet, what is Claymore without Priscilla? From chapter 20-ish this has been Claire's journey of revenge, which drove her through all these obstacles. If Yagi is going to pursue Claymore and continue the story he needs a new drive and most importantly a new villain. That is where the DoD enter the stage. However, the DoDs themselves and their characterization is the elephant in the room or perhaps it is better to say a ticking time bomb in regards to the story.

If Yagi is going to bring DoDs into the story, I believe that will lead to inevitable changes to Claymore as a story and that may very well be good for some, but a turn off for others. Consider that if Yagi follows an order of increasingly power enemies that the DoDs at this point are going to have to have elements that certify them as a threat. So much so, that the Organization conducted human experiments and have a pact to serve this experiment till death. We have seen the power of Destroyer, Priscilla, and the 3 FOs. Yet, if the DoDs are to be our new villain they must be even more threatening and potentially even more powerful. In short, the powerlevels have been set high and it is hard to imagine that the DoDs will represent a step up. How is that going to represented? Are they going to function like the Zerg, do they have their own hybrids to throw at our protagonists, or is Yagi going to have to throw in magic? The last option may seem silly to everyone, but in truth that could happen. Yagi can open up an entirely new aspect to Claymore if there is to be a Mainland arc. This is potentially fun and scary at the same time. I do not know if I am the only one concerned about this.

To clarify, Claymore has stood by (1) female warriors slaying Yoma/ABs in small teams and (2) the main drive has been Claire seeking revenge against Priscilla and battling other antagonists. Once Priscilla dies and if Yagi pursues a Mainland arc, we could see these two premises completely replaced with the DoDs. In essence, a complete change in characters, tone, and style. On top of that, Yagi has to make them a villain worth fighting and the powerlevels could see a dramatic eruption depending on how the DoDs are implemented. I know we are busy talking about this chapter, but I honestly believe this is on the horizon for us. We are being led to Priscilla one way or another and the end is in sight. The question is, what next?

Alrighty, sorry for that rant/boring post I'll go put my tinfoil hat back on.

Edit: For real this time, goodnight everyone and watch out for Ryus' huckleberry.
Nixl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.