AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 02:43   Link #201
larethian

Sad to say, the November releases by Fujimi appear to be disappointing, and overly repetitive, plotwise, genre wise (my first impressions). I'm sick of these shit:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201111fantasia/

But after reading some reviews on 十六夜聖域 (Izayoi Santuary) (an october release), I might give it a shot:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201110izayoi/

Fortunately for me, "I'll make you into an Otaku, so make me into a Riajuu" is a serialized series woohoo! v2 to be released this month:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201107fantasia/
Spoiler for img:

Dengeki's November new works yet to be updated.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:00   Link #202
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Dengeki's November new works yet to be updated.
I think the list all the way till December's updated. Nov's list is pretty meh, though the December ones are interesting.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:13   Link #203
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think the list all the way till December's updated. Nov's list is pretty meh, though the December ones are interesting.
but no synopses and covers for the New works.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:15   Link #204
Kunagisa

Quote:
but no synopses and covers for the New works.
Ahhh that's what you mean. I never read the synopsis unless the cover interest me or the title hints at a murder mystery ;__;.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:38   Link #205
larethian

Quote:
Ahhh that's what you mean. I never read the synopsis unless the cover interest me or the title hints at a murder mystery ;__;.
check out the cover for Izayoi Santuary then. the reviews feel that this is more shounen battle. it also has a delinquent theme, and the fights are well written. the characters also look interesting.

some reviews:
http://ytakaiwa.at.webry.info/201110/article_14.html
http://trumpe3128.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html

original thread: http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magazin/1319119955/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ch on ranking
TSUTAYA 週間本セル ランキング 2011年10月17日~2011年10月23日
初 16位 **位 『十六夜聖域-イザヨイサンクチュアリ- 1』 水城正太郎 富士見ファンタジア文庫

文教堂週間ランキング 2011年10月17日~2011年10月23日
初 31位 **位 『十六夜聖域-イザヨイサンクチュアリ- 1』 水城正太郎 富士見ファンタジア文庫

オリコン2011年10月31日付 文庫 (2011/10/17~10/23)
40位 **位 *1回 **6,977部 **6,977部 11/10/20 **4日 十六夜聖域 1 イザヨイサンクチュアリ
Old 2011-11-03, 05:15   Link #206
Undertaker

Quote:

Fortunately for me, "I'll make you into an Otaku, so make me into a Riajuu" is a serialized series woohoo! v2 to be released this month:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201107fantasia/
Spoiler for img:

Damn, now you are making me interested. Just by reading the title, this book sounds interesting. Other then what's on the title, what is it about?
Old 2011-11-03, 05:18   Link #207
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Damn, now you are making me interested. Just by reading the title, this book sounds interesting. Other then what's on the title, what is it about?
read my review here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=414

there's also a relationship chart on the official site which I've posted the link above.
Old 2011-11-10, 23:34   Link #208
nirvana12

DOes any one know if this is any good ?
Old 2011-11-12, 06:27   Link #209
Sumeragi
Banned

Is it just me, or are titles these days getting longer and longer?
Old 2011-11-12, 06:45   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The more unique the title, the more attention it creates (Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai!)

And the more parodies that can be created

Looking at the December line up from Dengeki Bunko, wasn't C3 and Horizon and a number of other titles just released a volume in October ?
Old 2011-11-12, 11:49   Link #211
larethian

Quote:
I never noticed it, but after you mentioned it, it does seem to be the case especially for the mainstream harem/rabukome, and even more so for the new titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The more unique the title, the more attention it creates (Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai!)

And the more parodies that can be created

Looking at the December line up from Dengeki Bunko, wasn't C3 and Horizon and a number of other titles just released a volume in October ?
depends on the release schedule for the title. the author may have finished the series long ago, but they are released strategically, and sometimes in line with other stuff with their magazines.

I know an author who has a 6 month consecutive release schedule before for 3 titles.
Old 2011-11-14, 04:15   Link #212
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I also think so, and some series' title are so ridiculous that I think it's better used as catchphrase rather than title (I mean, who in their right mind would use a question as a title? -_-")
Old 2011-11-19, 10:47   Link #213
Kunagisa

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...003-mantan-ent

Mahouka koukou no Rettousei/魔法科高校の劣等生 is getting a manga starting the January issue (goes on sale 12/17) on G Fantasy~~~

(LN vol 1 cover)

MU entry's already updated by someone.

( ¯‿¯)
Old 2011-11-19, 11:05   Link #214
larethian

Quote:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...003-mantan-ent

Mahouka koukou no Rettousei/魔法科高校の劣等生 is getting a manga starting the January issue (goes on sale 12/17) on G Fantasy~~~

(LN vol 1 cover)

MU entry's already updated by someone.

( ¯‿¯)
jeez, I need to get my own CAD already.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:33   Link #215
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Isn't this a relatively new title? I thought I saw volume 1 on the Dengeki site only a few months ago and it's already getting a manga ?

What's the synopsis?
Old 2011-11-21, 05:03   Link #216
larethian

Quote:
Isn't this a relatively new title? I thought I saw volume 1 on the Dengeki site only a few months ago and it's already getting a manga ?

What's the synopsis?
fyi, it already has 3 volumes published (the web novels started in 2008 though I'm not sure whether it has already ended). synopsis available here.

(I just ordered volume 3 from my local Kinokuniya, and they said they can't guarantee me they can get it from the supplier!? WTH!? It's just 10 days since it was launched.)
Old 2011-11-21, 05:53   Link #217
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm not exactly one with the fastest pieces of information relay available in mind, but here's one just for the sake of putting here, as obtained from here (which I actually got into from an illustrator's work in Pixiv )

Light Novel Release: Wakareru Riyuu o Nobenasai! (別れる理由を述べなさい!)
Author: Hirota Ryou (太田 僚)
Illustrator: H2SO4

Unfortunately, I'm unable to fully translate the synopsis because of my lack in skills, the gist I could get is that a super-sadist beautiful girlfriend (Akino) doesn't want to break up with her masochist boyfriend, Yukito. I'm... fairly interested, though my bad habit when it comes to light novels is that the cover will be the first thing to attract my attention

Here's the synopsis in the original language should anyone have interest:
Quote:
突然、超ドSの美少女・秋乃に告白されて、よくわからないまま付き合うことになったドMの雪人 。
肝心なことはお預けだけど、それなりに幸せな調教生活を送っていたのに……なぜか俺と秋乃が××すると、こ の世界が崩壊するらしい!?
「秋乃、俺と別れ――」
「絶対イヤ!」
別れたい少年と、別れたくない少女が世界の命運を巻き込む青春系SFラブコメ!
Release(d) date is... uh, 19th November which was 2 days ago, I guess either I'm overly busy at work or I'm too slow to notice.

Also from the same site:

Ore ga Ojousama-gakkou ni "Shomin Sanpuru" Toshite Rachirareta-ken (俺がお嬢様学校に「庶民サンプル」として拉致られた件)
Author: 七月 隆文 (pronunciation?)
Illustrator: 閏 月戈 (pronunciation?)

Synopsis: I'm too lazy to read the whole details, but tells about a guy who got kidnapped to an Ojou-sama school to be an "Example of a commoner." Probably to teach the girls about how to treat commoners well, I suppose (and hope).

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-11-21 at 06:03.
Old 2011-11-21, 09:26   Link #218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
fyi, it already has 3 volumes published (the web novels started in 2008 though I'm not sure whether it has already ended). synopsis available here.

(I just ordered volume 3 from my local Kinokuniya, and they said they can't guarantee me they can get it from the supplier!? WTH!? It's just 10 days since it was launched.)

Ahhh~ Magitech, why art thou everywhere -_- ?

Oh ho? And a kyoudai combi as well? What thy fook ?

But I can see why this would attract the same crowd as SAO, and then some... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'm not exactly one with the fastest pieces of information relay available in mind, but here's one just for the sake of putting here, as obtained from here (which I actually got into from an illustrator's work in Pixiv )

Light Novel Release: Wakareru Riyuu o Nobenasai! (別れる理由を述べなさい!)
Author: Hirota Ryou (太田 僚)
Illustrator: H2SO4

Unfortunately, I'm unable to fully translate the synopsis because of my lack in skills, the gist I could get is that a super-sadist beautiful girlfriend (Akino) doesn't want to break up with her masochist boyfriend, Yukito. I'm... fairly interested, though my bad habit when it comes to light novels is that the cover will be the first thing to attract my attention
You know for some reason I keep thinking it's Hiro Kanzaki's design when I see the cover This isn't the first time- I thought Kokoro Connect and... What's that title again...? (4 minutes later)... Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, was by him as well

...Lol, "Say the reason for parting with me!", now that's just adorable
Old 2011-11-21, 11:05   Link #219
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
You know for some reason I keep thinking it's Hiro Kanzaki's design when I see the cover This isn't the first time- I thought Kokoro Connect and... What's that title again...? (4 minutes later)... Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, was by him as well

...Lol, "Say the reason for parting with me!", now that's just adorable
I'm interested because I have this evil habit of going sadistic seeing girls cry during a breakup in a series. Or anything that is a heartbreak for them.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-11-21, 20:18   Link #220
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The boy want to brek up with the girl because if they do xx(not sure what this means. Kiss? Ecchi things?) the world will be destroyed.
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases