AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-11, 17:23   Link #1
tosi

The Beauty of Bittorent and the flaw of human nature

The beauty of Bittorrent and the power of this piece of software is the fact that it shares among peers enable to download whatever it is that you are trying to get. In an ideal setting where no one throttles or chokes their connection we could all in theory be getting the best speeds. Imagine.. each of us sending at least 25k/s. With everyone leaving settings at unlimited, we would all be downloading at faster rates, we would all be watching our anime quicker and bit torrent would be successful in doing it's job quicker. But the it comes down to human nature and the greedy gene. We are all looking out for number one.. When choking your connection you only hurt yourself in the end.. remember. When you choke you connection.. and other people choke their connections.. in the end.. all we get is a very slow download rates.. VEry irritated anime watchers.. and a failed Bittorrent..

What i am trying to say in the end is.. SHARE.. dont choke.. Get anime faster...

This is not a flame post.. i am just a bit irritated when i look at bittorrent and how well it could work..

sorry i am just rambling on like an idiot.. i am done.. Enjoy the rest of your day...
tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 17:27   Link #2
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosi
The beauty of Bittorrent and the power of this piece of software is the fact that it shares among peers enable to download whatever it is that you are trying to get. In an ideal setting where no one throttles or chokes their connection we could all in theory be getting the best speeds. Imagine.. each of us sending at least 25k/s. With everyone leaving settings at unlimited, we would all be downloading at faster rates, we would all be watching our anime quicker and bit torrent would be successful in doing it's job quicker. But the it comes down to human nature and the greedy gene. We are all looking out for number one.. When choking your connection you only hurt yourself in the end.. remember. When you choke you connection.. and other people choke their connections.. in the end.. all we get is a very slow download rates.. VEry irritated anime watchers.. and a failed Bittorrent..

What i am trying to say in the end is.. SHARE.. dont choke.. Get anime faster...

This is not a flame post.. i am just a bit irritated when i look at bittorrent and how well it could work..

sorry i am just rambling on like an idiot.. i am done.. Enjoy the rest of your day...
Calm down tosi..

While this may be true, well what can you do but sit back and enjoy the anime.
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 17:37   Link #3
Briareos

Never mind those of us who have our upload rates capped by our ISPs.

Why get all upset over an assumption? How do you know it's selfishness in each case?
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 04:39   Link #4
tosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
Never mind those of us who have our upload rates capped by our ISPs.

Why get all upset over an assumption? How do you know it's selfishness in each case?
i really dont know.. but i am guessing 90% of the time.. people are choking their connections, this is from view the advanced options in bittorrent
tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 07:16   Link #5
Caddberry

Send a message via AIM to Caddberry
Seriously My upload SUCKS!! i am on cable and the connection is like 2 - 3 Mbit down and 128k up.. Shitty huh?
Caddberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 08:13   Link #6
u&t

The problem isn't the users. It's the ISP's not realizing that symetrical ul/dl speeds it what ppl want (they are starting to get it now though)

You set a max upload-rate on a download when something else you're downloading or uploading has higher priority. All in all I belive most people pretty much saturate their uploads
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 09:48   Link #7
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

nowadays i would be grateful if ppl just don close the bt window right when the download finishes... upload 1k/s 2k/s, its better than nothing.
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 04:23   Link #8
lost_angel
Inactive Member

like in all facets of society we are making excuses for the few (not all) that are taking from the system but are not prepared to put back in.

how many people leave their computer on at night for the sole purpose of sharing files with others.

in the days of old it would not be unheard of for someone to have purchased a second telephone line just to serve files on a 56k connection for the better of the scene.

those numbers are few, and i am not a hypocrite, as i do leave my comp on 24/7 sharing anyfile i download using bt,

i guess the scene had to move this way because of the growing treat from the authorites, but as with all things we are seeing the haves, not always giving to the havenots.

not everyone doesnt share, but everyone did, we would see that transfer rate go up and up..

my advise, get a quiet powersupply for all you light sleepers, turn off your neons, for all you people who cant sleep with a light on, and remeber your comp is really power effecient, and you pay for a dsl or cable line even when your sleeping, get your moneys worth..

lol

i am not hating by the way.
just remember the old school ways and smile from time to time
lost_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 04:33   Link #9
anthonyxscotland
Highlander

All it would take, is someone to seed even just a hour longer than they currently are. I try to seed for at least 3-5 hours depending on the file size and the other amount of seeds out there. But it annoys me watching everyone im seeding just disconnect the minute there download is done.

The flaw of human nature indeed
anthonyxscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 05:28   Link #10
lost_angel
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
...not everyone has a flatrate.

true but for those that do, this applies, and besides, if you were to invest in what your downloading it would cost a lot more than an extra hour or two online,
but fair comment.

lost_angel is offline   Reply With Quote