AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 17:46   Link #30641
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't think it's just that. She's also pretty too, and is arguably the best character in the franchise. Well, I could care less about her being popular-- if everyone went to Yuno, my thoughts wouldn't change.

It's more like she's popular for a reason.
What are you talking about?! IT'S NANOHA!!!

Anyway yeah she's is popular for a reason but I still don't find the Mirrai Nikki cross thing befitting of her... it does not even totally fit Nanoha either... It's still fun though I guess haha.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 18:06   Link #30642
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What are you talking about?! IT'S NANOHA!!!
I disagree.
Quote:
Anyway yeah she's is popular for a reason but I still don't find the Mirrai Nikki cross thing befitting of her... it does not even totally fit Nanoha either... It's still fun though I guess haha.
It really doesn't. Crazy bitches usually get shut up pretty fast in Nanoha. They don't belong.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 18:06   Link #30643
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Best character in the franchise" is hilariously subjective. Just because 90% of the fandom are suckers for the whole kicked puppy look doesn't make her the best character. Just the most popular.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:09   Link #30644
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
"Best character in the franchise" is hilariously subjective.
Holy crap, I would have never noticed. Wait, maybe my opinion is my opinion and doesn't apply to anyone else?

Quote:
Just because 90% of the fandom are suckers for the whole kicked puppy look doesn't make her the best character. Just the most popular.
Oh sure I am a sucker. But you shouldn't generalize like that. It makes you look silly.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-04, 18:12   Link #30645
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Characters started to suck after A's, imo.

Last edited by Demi.; 2011-11-04 at 18:54.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 19:18   Link #30646
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
It really doesn't. Crazy bitches usually get shut up pretty fast in Nanoha. They don't belong.
Curren and Cypha has beaten the record for the crazy bitches with the longest period without being shut up. And their impressive feat is still getting bigger as the time passes and they dance smugglingy with joyful impunity.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 19:23   Link #30647
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Curren and Cypha has beaten the record for the crazy bitches with the longest period without being shut up. And their impressive feat is still getting bigger as the time passes and they dance smugglingy with joyful impunity.
Well, in that case that must be changed. Maybe the impact will be bigger when they finally do get done in?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-04, 19:29   Link #30648
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well, in that case that must be changed. Maybe the impact will be bigger when they finally do get done in?
I don't know what Tsuzuki have planned for them but it will must be the mother of all karmic curbstomps to be satysfing, Cypha is easier as she's a more typical card-carrying villain, i think Subaru or Fate can get rid of her in painfull ways and make her feel the pain of her descicions.

Curren on the other hand, seems to be the mastermind type, one that's accustomed to sort all kinds of obstacles and ponderate bad scenarios and countermeasures for those. So, even in defeat, seeing her "snapping" or "lamenting" will be next to impossible, until the story reveals some traumatic event of her past or some kind of Achille's heel in her psyche that allows Hayate or whoever downs her to put the extra nail to make her feel true defeat.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 00:42   Link #30649
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Fate period. She's blushing every five scenes in A's.
I was talking about Strikers... but "Fate, all the time" is indeed right answer.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 04:42   Link #30650
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Characters started to suck after A's, imo.
And I liked Nanoha before it became popular.
Old 2011-11-05, 04:56   Link #30651
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Why Fate, though? Nana Mizuki isn't in Mirai Nikii.
Because fandom Fate is yandere.

Quote:
They haven't lasted nearly as long as Jail yet though. Yeah, he was a crazy bastard rather than a crazy bitch, but he stood his ground until the second-last episode, and even survived to continue being crazy in prison. He's the king of crazy in Nanoha.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 05:02   Link #30652
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They haven't lasted nearly as long as Jail yet though. Yeah, he was a crazy bastard rather than a crazy bitch, but he stood his ground until the second-last episode.
I can foreshadow Cypha going down in a rather anti-climatic way but Curren seems to be too cool to "break". Jail never gave an "Oh Crap" face even in the face of failure, smiling maniacally instead and claiming how wonderful is to be beaten by Fate(ok, that part was a bit creepy) and if Curren's current portrayal is any indication i hope the unfeazable Huckebein leader will manage to keep her cool in every situation, even in the extraordinary case of being defeated at the hands of Hayate i think she only will smile ironically while greeting Hayate for her success, then starting to make preparation for what's to come. I hope Curren's unbreakable image lasts for some time.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 05:09   Link #30653
Skane
Anime Snark

Or after rehabilitation, Curren becomes Hayate's neighbour and trolls her everyday.

"You mad, Yagami?"

Old 2011-11-05, 05:14   Link #30654
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Or after rehabilitation, Curren becomes Hayate's neighbour and trolls her everyday.

"You mad, Yagami?"

If Curren ever rehab i don't think she will take a military life like Hayate(well, after fulfilling his community service sentence that is). Curren seems to be more like the business-type woman and she probably will search for a way to be successful in life as also a way to give a home for the surviving members of her family who are able to stay with her. Of course i'm talking about the best scenario, because one of the more likely possibilities is that Curren remains in jail because she's just too much of a danger to left her unchecked(a very effective warrior with an even more effective intelect). The other "good" scenario i see for her is that she and her family remain fugitives at the end(be powerless or "stabilized") and decide to leave TSAB's jurisdiction in search of a new fortune.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 05:38   Link #30655
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Well, you can say that Curren is a "Queen Bitch of Nanoha Universe"

Quote:

"You mad, Yagami?"

Shizuo and Izaya rivalry, anyone?

Quote:
If Curren ever rehab i don't think she will take a military life like Hayate(well, after fulfilling his community service sentence that is). Curren seems to be more like the business-type woman and she probably will search for a way to be successful in life as also a way to give a home for the surviving members of her family who are able to stay with her. Of course i'm talking about the best scenario, because one of the more likely possibilities is that Curren remains in jail because she's just too much of a danger to left her unchecked(a very effective warrior with an even more effective intelect). The other "good" scenario i see for her is that she and her family remain fugitives at the end(be powerless or "stabilized") and decide to leave TSAB's jurisdiction in search of a new fortune.
At least so. In the end, she must know how to find out the true meaning of life.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:45   Link #30656
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
"You mad, Yagami?"
Except "You mad" is never a question.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:47   Link #30657
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Well, you can say that Curren is a "Queen Bitch of Nanoha Universe"
I think that title still belongs to Quattro, Curren still hasn't reached her level of dickery, as smug as she is, there's always a reason behind Curren's behavior, she didn't trolled Hayate just for the hell of it, it was all part of the plan.

Quote:
At least so. In the end, she must know how to find out the true meaning of life.
That is if she didn't know it already, she seems to be sure of what goal she have in mind. Wonder what descicions she will make if said goal end up being unreachable or destroyed.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 05:55   Link #30658
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
I think that title still belongs to Quattro, Curren still hasn't reached her level of dickery, as smug as she is, there's always a reason behind Curren's behavior, she didn't trolled Hayate just for the hell of it, it was all part of the plan.
More or less she sort of Trickster Mentor to Hayate. Probably.

Quote:
That is if she didn't know it already, she seems to be sure of what goal she have in mind. Wonder what descicions she will make if said goal end up being unreachable or destroyed.
Possibility, deep in her conscience she exclaimed "I don't want to die! I want to live! I can not stand in a hell like this!". Could have led to euthanasia on her.
Old 2011-11-05, 11:32   Link #30659
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
More or less she sort of Trickster Mentor to Hayate. Probably.
Doubtful as she apparently didn't even know Hayate that closely. Curren is happy with the situation because Hayate is a perfect pawn to play with and Section Six is a tame opponent easily to manipulate and easily disposable if the situation demands for it. Right now Section Six is playing the role of "Ineffectual Sympathetic Heroes" to the Huckebein's "Villain Protagonist" status.

Quote:
Possibility, deep in her conscience she exclaimed "I don't want to die! I want to live! I can not stand in a hell like this!". Could have led to euthanasia on her.
An interesting interpretation of her character, Curren probably reached the point of becoming suicidal but at the same moment her ambition and desire to live convinced her to accept her new life and start a "family". I wonder how many of the Hucks were close to her before he decided to make the group, Cypha identifies herself as a "founding member" so i guess that must mean she knows Curren from quite a long time, but interestingly, is Veyron the one who talks more frequently about her.

EDIT: Page claimed for that second-runner knight.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 13:10   Link #30660
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

*coughs and points at the thread title*

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw