AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 00:59   Link #1
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Tokimeki Memorial series game discussion

I know that series of dating sims is mostly old school (before Girls' Side that is), but those games are now among my favorite games bar none (they almost made me ditch my other games, and I used to be a Quake/Half-Life addict). Recently I got one of the drama series games, Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories Vol 3: Memories Ringing On (which has what I consider one of the most beautiful ending theme songs of any game). With the help of a walkthrough I was able to get some of its endings (Hikari, Sakura, and surprise: Miharu! yep "Koala-girl" from the first game - what's she doing in the 2nd game?). Is there anyone who's played this particular game? I could use help with the other branches of the game because I want to get all its endings, notably TM1's Shiori (reportedly she's there too and she's in one of the endings!). Just a guide of the right choices would be good enough (a translation of the conversations and messages is welcome, but not necessary; if only I knew enough Japanese to play this without assistance).
Old 2006-02-01, 14:39   Link #2
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

All you have to do in the Tokimeki series is to grow your stats up to MAX(as much as you can),make as minimum characters show up as possible(unless it's an must-see event,the characters show up when you have certain stats or see an event),date the character who you want to see the ending while getting rid of bombs created by other characters.

I've successfully played Tokimemo 1,2 and Girls' side like that. I don't know if 3 will be different. I'm currently looking forward to Girls' Side2.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 00:28   Link #3
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
All you have to do in the Tokimeki series is to grow your stats up to MAX(as much as you can),make as minimum characters show up as possible(unless it's an must-see event,the characters show up when you have certain stats or see an event),date the character who you want to see the ending while getting rid of bombs created by other characters.

I've successfully played Tokimemo 1,2 and Girls' side like that. I don't know if 3 will be different. I'm currently looking forward to Girls' Side2.
I've learnt that lesson the hard way. I've been clearing bombs every single week until the point I have to restart my game to rethink my strategy because I could not clear all bombs on time and every girl hates me

(Played Tokimemo 1 and 2 )
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 01:02   Link #4
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Same here.Especially when I was playing Tokimemo1 for the first time in SFC and didn't know any Japanese. I was like what the hell is going on with the exploding sound and that Yoshio guy calling and this scary sound effect??? Language is a big barrier indeed..
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 23:46   Link #5
drsheep
Sheep

Unofficial Tokimeki Online US FAQs

http://www.konami-data.com/forum/ubb...ge=1#Post71840

I wrote this a while back in order to draw more US TMO players to the game, because as far as I know currently I am the only one playing from the US, yet I am sure some of you would like to try. If you have questions, please post here or at the Konami board. Thank you.

Sheep
drsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 21:38   Link #6
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I own the first two Tokimemo games and I've won with every girl possible on both. Don't own the side stories. I've found the strategy of getting your stats maxed is pretty awful since then every girl wants you and there's too many bombs to deal with. With the exception of Shiori and Megumi who both need high stats (even Hikari in 2 doesn't need much in the order of stats and only requires the player to get into the 2nd level college) I've found little need to max stats till the last year when meeting new girls is rare. Even then it's fairly pointless.

How is TMO? I've followed it's progression since it was in beta but I'm afraid my less then perfect Japanese may be a stumbling block. How does one pay internationally for the monthly subscriptions.

A copy here http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/3484 has got me rather fired up to play.

Oh, I found my answer on your site, very neat little setup you have. I probably can't resist playing
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 03:42   Link #7
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

can someone help me with identifying a song from Tokimeki 2 game? here is the youtube link for it and thanks in advanced.

Spoiler for The song:
Old 2007-08-20, 21:59   Link #8
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I own almost every tokimeki game and most of the music CDs, except the girl's sides. maybe one day i'll add those to my collection
officially translating the game was something that has always been on my mind

that is the opening song from the game
title is: 想い…
it is on this soundtrack

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KMCA-119

I dont believe you can win shiori or hikari if you ignore all the other girls. I believe your popularity affects them.

drsheep have u been to dokiwaku's old site for tokimeki 2? do you know if it was ever put back up somewhere?
Old 2007-08-20, 23:54   Link #9
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I own almost every tokimeki game and most of the music CDs, except the girl's sides. maybe one day i'll add those to my collection
officially translating the game was something that has always been on my mind

that is the opening song from the game
title is: 想い
it is on this soundtrack

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KMCA-119

I dont believe you can win shiori or hikari if you ignore all the other girls. I believe your popularity affects them.

drsheep have u been to dokiwaku's old site for tokimeki 2? do you know if it was ever put back up somewhere?
Thanks for the reply but i was wondering what the english name of the song would be, if there is none, can you just give a rough translation of it?
Old 2007-08-21, 00:01   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

it is the japanese word omoi which means memories
Old 2008-03-12, 15:10   Link #11
seryass

I know this is an extremely old thread and I apologize for reviving it but I was wondering if you did manage to get the endings Sailor Enlil for the Substories game.

I think that everyone who has replied in this forum is either:
a) forgetting what game you are talking about. Raising the stats only applies in the main games (eg: Toki 1, Toki 2, Toki 3). The Substories games from Toki 2 and the Drama series games (from Toki 1) are adventure games with choices or
b) has never played any of the spin off games from the Tokimemo series.

You can actually win all of the girls from Toki 2 in the Memories Ringing On game as well as Shiori and Miharu (whom you mentioned you have won). You can also get Sumire as well but she is a hidden character and you need to have won her ending in the original game and still have your saved data from Toki 2 to get her.

I won the game ages ago and got all the endings. If you still need any help feel free to ask.
seryass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 02:47   Link #12
Aaerul

Tokimeki Memorial 4 Letter Campaign to KONAMI

Nargrakhan is pushing for an English translation of Tokimeki Memorial 4 from Konami. He has a website set up, http://tokimekimemorial4.com/

I browsed around a bit on it and was impressed by the length he has gone to address Konami already (nailed down 4 key contacts from Konami and created model letter for you to readily mail out). Definitely worth checking out if not eveb, contribute. Even if you just spread the word - no harm done.

Seeing as Konami is pretty deep in the red last financial year (no MGS). And their last HUGE success was the breakthrough visual novel, Love Plus+ which sold ridiculously well. (A flabbergasting 210k! http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.p...286&region=All)
they might actually be interested in bringing either TM4 or LovePlus+ out to the West, possible as PSN or XboxLive exclusive (boxed copies is suicide). Definitely a great effort from one man and my highest recommendation for you to hop over to take a look:

Visit http://tokimekimemorial4.com/
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 04:39   Link #13
Dorfl

Nngh, everything I've seen of TM4 convinces me that I wouldn't like it. I'd be happier if they brought over one of the three TM Girls' Side games on the DS instead. I'm convinced it would sell really well, if it's properly localized and correctly marketed.

Good effort though.
Old 2011-11-04, 21:26   Link #14
caddyalan

Stumbled across this thread today. It's been a year and a half since the last post. In that time, the following amazing things have been accomplished:

* Complete, bug-free fan translations of the first two Tokimemo Girl's Side games (DS versions)
* Complete -- though perhaps not bug-free -- fan translation of the original LovePlus game

Thank you very much, fan community!
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote