AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-08, 01:50   Link #41
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
The retellings should be interesting in a "spot the differences" way....but I'm kind of hoping that it's a loose adaptation so that it will at least be interesting. Otherwise the only one interesting will be the third movie which will be....an actual continuation?!

I wonder if they'll use the third movie to bridge a gap between season one and a potential season two, or if it will just be a quick fly through the plot with lots of pretty animation but otherwise shallow event.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:56   Link #42
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, if it's a loose adaptation...

IIRC, Shinbo explicitly said he really wanted Sayaka to survive. I wonder if he'll get his way this time.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:57   Link #43
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The retellings should be interesting in a "spot the differences" way....but I'm kind of hoping that it's a loose adaptation so that it will at least be interesting. Otherwise the only one interesting will be the third movie which will be....an actual continuation?!
Well, it could be a retelling but from Homura's POV, an extended episode 10 of sort. That would be interesting, and it could include more backstory for the other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I wonder if they'll use the third movie to bridge a gap between season one and a potential season two, or if it will just be a quick fly through the plot with lots of pretty animation but otherwise shallow event.
For the last one, I'd be happy with Homura being awesome while fighting the Maju. Put some last Maju boss there for Homura to kick butt and I'm set.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:59   Link #44
christinemarie
Best Imouto
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pink World
Age: 30
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is trying to invade the anime movie world next year which is always topped by the big five (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Detective Conan, and Pokemon.) Can P.M.M.M beat any of the big five in movie earnings? stay tuned.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:01   Link #45
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For the last one, I'd be happy with Homura being awesome while fighting the Maju. Put some last Maju boss there for Homura kick but and I'm set.
Totally agree. I think that's probably the best approach for the third movie.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:16   Link #46
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, if it's a loose adaptation...

IIRC, Shinbo explicitly said he really wanted Sayaka to survive. I wonder if he'll get his way this time.
One could hope...but Gen's good at crushing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, it could be a retelling but from Homura's POV, an extended episode 10 of sort. That would be interesting, and it could include more backstory for the other characters.

For the last one, I'd be happy with Homura being awesome while fighting the Maju. Put some last Maju boss there for Homura to kick butt and I'm set.
Good ideas. I'm not sure how much emphasis on Homura there should be though. The way the anime worked, each character was given some room to shine, so I'm hoping that is the case in the movies. I'm sure some might not mind the stories basically being "Homura Magica" but personally I'm hoping to see something a little different.

I won't speculate too much for now given that there's so little info though. I am happy to see that we'll at least get a little more Madoka universe.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:27   Link #47
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I pray that Madoka Magica will match Evangelion.

Madoka grows to become a goddess *Tsubasa no Kudasai, Madoka style BGM*
Mami: ima watashi no negaigoto ga
kanau naraba tsubasa ga hoshii
Madoka: kono senaka ni tori no you ni
shiroi tsubasa tsukete kudasai
Kyuubey: kono *gets shot*
Homura: oozora ni tsubasa wo hiroge
tonde yukitai yo
kanashimi no nai
jiyuu na sora e
tsubasa hatamekase
yukitai.........
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:35   Link #48
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Is this real?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:36   Link #49
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Good ideas. I'm not sure how much emphasis on Homura there should be though. The way the anime worked, each character was given some room to shine, so I'm hoping that is the case in the movies. I'm sure some might not mind the stories basically being "Homura Magica" but personally I'm hoping to see something a little different.
Well, unlike TV series, movies work best when the focus on the characters is more narrow, but screen-time and POV are not the same thing anyway. All in all, I'm sure they could make all the characters shine while keeping the POV on Homura all the same.

For the last movie though, if it's really a sequel, I definitely would like more emphasis on Homura (since Madoka is "no more"). There's no need to be deep in that point IMO. Just some awesome fighting would do.

But yeah, let's wait and see.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:39   Link #50
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place where the stars cross.
Age: 22
There's a rumor going on in 4chan, from 2ch, that one of the movies will focus entirely on Episode 10, Drama CD1, and also Kyouko and Mami's past from Drama CD 3.
__________________
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:40   Link #51
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
One could hope...but Gen's good at crushing that.



Good ideas. I'm not sure how much emphasis on Homura there should be though. The way the anime worked, each character was given some room to shine, so I'm hoping that is the case in the movies. I'm sure some might not mind the stories basically being "Homura Magica" but personally I'm hoping to see something a little different.

I won't speculate too much for now given that there's so little info though. I am happy to see that we'll at least get a little more Madoka universe.
Well, last we saw, Mami and Kyouko are still around in "Madoka World". If you have Sayaka survive this time around, then she could be there too...

Three or four magical girls fighting against Maju, while Madoka telepathically communicates with Homura. Maybe have the plot be that one of the Maju somehow develops a cunning conqueror personality, somehow learns of Madoka's existence, and plots to somehow "find" her, attack her, and take her power.

Of course, I might be dreaming in American comic book-esque technicolor right now.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:41   Link #52
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Your tickets to the movie:
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:42   Link #53
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
There's a rumor going on in 4chan, from 2ch, that one of the movies will focus entirely on Episode 10, Drama CD1, and also Kyouko and Mami's past from Drama CD 3.
Well well, it seems my speculah is becoming true.

So, it could be like this:

movie 1-----> episode 10 extended + drama CD (1 and 3)

movie 2-----> series recap (- episode 10)

movie 3-----> sequel, badass Homura kicking serious amount of Maju ass.


Make it happen SHAFT, make it happen!!!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:46   Link #54
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place where the stars cross.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well well, it seems my speculah is becoming true.

So, it could be like this:

movie 1-----> episode 10 extended + drama CD (1 and 3)

movie 2-----> series recap (- episode 10)

movie 3-----> sequel, badass Homura kicking serious amount of Maju ass.


Make it happen SHAFT, make it happen!!!
That's exactly what I'm thinking too. I think Movie 1 would turn out to be great. Expand on Madoka and Homura's relationship we didn't see in TL1 and more, and animate Kyouko's and Mami's backstory.

The last two movies I'm a bit hesitant. A recap of the whole TV series, minus episode 10, it could go either way. And a brand new sequel movie could be extremely awesome or very disappointing.
__________________
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:46   Link #55
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Just read some comments in 2ch. WRYYYYYYYYYYYY

The plot for original movie is already finished by Urobuchi, which was a bit too small for another TV series, thus making it movie instead. There are also staffs who wanted to watch MadoMagi series with Movie quality direction, thus Iwakami just decided to make it trilogy so that everyone is happy.

Also in the magazine, there was comment from Anno Hideaki;

Anno: I like Kyuube.

and people, relax. Nothing will be ruined. They said they won't change the plot. Plot is already done, and it will have almost 3 years to modify and fix until the last movie airs. Just think of it as end of eva.....

oh shit.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-11-08 at 02:57.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:47   Link #56
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It seems that the movie project involves 3 films. The first two films will be a rearrangement of the TV series, like other popular anime movies, while the final film will be a brand new continuation of sorts. Aniplex is really milking it while it's hot.
LOL @ Aniplex

But it's understandable. They might never anticipate that Madoka would become a massive hit like this. It may be too sudden for them to come up with new material. They should know that the sequel is probably the hardest task. They need time to polish new plot to make it interesting and live up to expectation. IMO The problem is that it may take 5 years before it's finished...

Well, Shaft, I hope that you don't lose your concentration on your current projects Nisemonogatari and Kizumonogatari. They are also big projects. Not many studios own two big franchises. Please don't screw them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is trying to invade the anime movie world next year which is always topped by the big five (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Detective Conan, and Pokemon.) Can P.M.M.M beat any of the big five in movie earnings? stay tuned.
Definitely not. Quote me if I'm wrong.

PMMM is very famous series, no doubt about it. But it's still not a main stream series. PMMM has different target audiences. The movie will have less theaters just like many previous famous series such as Haruhi, Nanoha.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:56   Link #57
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Well, Shaft, I hope that you don't lose your concentration on your current projects Nisemonogatari and Kizumonogatari. They are also big projects. Not many studios own two big franchises. Please don't screw them.
If what Shaft's staff twitter/rumours/magazine comments are true, they will be fine. Nisemonogatari is supposed to be going pretty normal if what they said in magazine is not a lie. In case of Kizumonogatari, the rumour of working about it was already out for a long time before its announcement.

lol but the problem is, it is still Shaft.

Shafted is their moto.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:34   Link #58
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Your tickets to the movie:
Would make an awesome collector's item. If this really were the ticket, people would be buying extra tickets and not redeeming them...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:42   Link #59
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Your tickets to the movie:
Damn, I won't even want to use it if that's really the ticket.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 04:17   Link #60
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is trying to invade the anime movie world next year which is always topped by the big five (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Detective Conan, and Pokemon.) Can P.M.M.M beat any of the big five in movie earnings? stay tuned.
I think they're in a different category -- the mass-production category -- not good to lump the new Madoka movies with any of them... and you forgot to mention SnT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I pray that Madoka Magica will match Evangelion.

Madoka grows to become a goddess *Tsubasa no Kudasai, Madoka style BGM*
Mami: ima watashi no negaigoto ga
kanau naraba tsubasa ga hoshii
Madoka: kono senaka ni tori no you ni
shiroi tsubasa tsukete kudasai
Kyuubey: kono *gets shot*
Homura: oozora ni tsubasa wo hiroge
tonde yukitai yo
kanashimi no nai
jiyuu na sora e
tsubasa hatamekase
yukitai.........
Then Third Impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Anno: I like Kyuube.
Quote of the week.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
madoka magica, movie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.