AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-20, 15:25   Link #261
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon's Son View Post
I support Nami x Luffy, Zoro x Tashigi and Usopp x Kaya.
I like the way you think. Depending on my luck with Sanji, you could also supprot Sanji x Robin which I think would be like how Antoine ended up with Bunnie Rabbot from the Sonic the Hedgehog comics.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:17   Link #262
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Californiaaaaaa
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Luffy X Robin (well, Robin got quite close with Luffy's father for two years so maybe there's an approval from parents)

well, Luffy X Hancock maybe not too bad

for Zoro??? maybe I'm the only ZoroXPerona supporter here... XD


ZoroXPerona for sure haha. It's kind of like a love hate relationship and they don't really show that many interactions between them, but you can tell there's a little something especially after this last episode like where they all meet up finally.

There's a scene where it shows Perona sitting high up on this wooden platform then her saying how she caused him trouble until the end, but then her changing her tone of voice and kind of depressingly say how she has to find a new boytoy now and the way it was shown like it doesn't show her eyes and she just has her head down and she squeezes her small plushie that she has with her when she says it.

Shows that she's definitely going to miss him haha

Normally I don't like going along with these romance things because the majority of them are based off peoples fantasies and imaginations and have almost absolutely no evidence shown in the manga or anime.

Luffy doesn't have that kind of relationship vibe toward anyoneee. He might show a LITTLE bit, but not enough to mean anything.. like when Luffy rescued Nami from Arlong and what's going on right now in the manga with Luffy and the mermaid princess, but that's about it Some might show feelings toward him like Hancock, but nothing will ever have a chance of happening lolol.

Zoro and tashig is obvious though hah. Seems like Zoro is the only one in the group that has those little relationship side stories that I like so much lolol. Because i'm always like hoping that something might happen and it builds up alot, but it either doesn't happen for a longg time or something happens at the very end

Sanji is just SOL and nothing is ever going to happen because it just won't be the same and it just won't be Sanji if something did :P.

Last edited by Prinnydood; 2011-11-06 at 22:31.
Prinnydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:24   Link #263
! ROCK.ON !
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I'm On The Run
Oh no!!
If that happened That will be soooo boring,stupid and one piece will never success again
the most thing that makes one piece the best in the world that it is: adventure,comedy,action and fantasy WITH OUT romance

and about zoro:don't you see that he is the most one who never thinks about that?!! so how can you say: zoro&nami,zoro&robin,zoro&tashigi or even zoro&perona
that's silly
! ROCK.ON ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 13:42   Link #264
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Californiaaaaaa
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ! ROCK.ON ! View Post
Oh no!!
If that happened That will be soooo boring,stupid and one piece will never success again
the most thing that makes one piece the best in the world that it is: adventure,comedy,action and fantasy WITH OUT romance

and about zoro:don't you see that he is the most one who never thinks about that?!! so how can you say: zoro&nami,zoro&robin,zoro&tashigi or even zoro&perona
that's silly

Haha it's just a little side story. If like a LITTLE something did happen with Zoro then I don't think it would effect the story much. Like what if something happened, but he couldn't and he had to leave and fullfill his dream or something like that you know

One Piece doesn't need romance obviously, but idk it'd be cool if there was a little something everynow and then
Prinnydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:54   Link #265
! ROCK.ON !
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I'm On The Run
mmmm..NO!!
My opinion is still not like yours!!
It's for sure will not be cool AT ALL if one piece had (even a little bit) some romance !!
Especially to zoro..cuz he (like i said before) has no such interest in that!!
__________________


Zoro~san Steps On Everyone
! ROCK.ON ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:31   Link #266
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Californiaaaaaa
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ! ROCK.ON ! View Post
mmmm..NO!!
My opinion is still not like yours!!
It's for sure will not be cool AT ALL if one piece had (even a little bit) some romance !!
Especially to zoro..cuz he (like i said before) has no such interest in that!!

hahahah xD can't say I completely agree with that, but to each our own
Prinnydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 06:46   Link #267
! ROCK.ON !
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I'm On The Run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
hahahah xD can't say I completely agree with that, but to each our own
hahaha alright alright..
anyways our Conversation here about that will not change or do any thing ..it's just in Oda's hands..but i hope one piece complete with out Romance
__________________


Zoro~san Steps On Everyone
! ROCK.ON ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 10:50   Link #268
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
One Piece doesn't need romance obviously, but idk it'd be cool if there was a little something everynow and then
I agree with you, I don't want any cliches but someone getting together wouldn't hurt. Not necessarily someone in the straw hat crew though : )

Last edited by Mon Cheri; 2012-02-21 at 07:00.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:49   Link #269
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
Zoro is gonna end up with robin. I'm betting on it..-grins-
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 13:42   Link #270
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Zoro is gonna end up with robin. I'm betting on it..-grins-
There may be a chance that this bet may have a losing streak, so watch out.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 23:20   Link #271
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
LOL and here goes the antagonist yet again.

Can I comment about my pairings without you doing some pathetic side comments?? just for once? and i don't care if my bet would lose. i'm sticking with it. Zoro x Robin will happen. same with luffy x hancock. XP
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:53   Link #272
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
LOL and here goes the antagonist yet again.

Can I comment about my pairings without you doing some pathetic side comments?? just for once? and i don't care if my bet would lose. i'm sticking with it. Zoro x Robin will happen. same with luffy x hancock. XP
You think I'm the antagonist? A fellow fan of the Luffy x Nami pairing has called you an infadel because of your opinion that Luffy would be better with Boa Hancock rather than Nami and there may be other fans who won't agree with you and may be more murderous than me. If you think you're so smart, try explaining your pairings to Oda himself. He might tell you that there is more to his story than any pairings we have to offer him even if he kills off our favorite characters shattering our hopes of them having children. So watch who you're calling an antagonist because you could very well be one yourself as a sower of discord.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2012-02-21 at 20:09.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 03:28   Link #273
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You think I'm the antagonist? A fellow fan of the Luffy x Nami pairing has called you an infadel because of your opinion that Luffy would be better with Boa Hancock rather than Nami and there may be other fans who won't agree with you and may be more murderous than me.
LOL atleast that dude isn't persistent in pushing his opinion on me.XP

you know why i called you antagonist? it's because of your constant counters at every pairing you do not ship, quoting at every post that don't agree with your pairing. it's really laughable how you can't seem to accept that LuNami isn' t the only choice out there. you're always like "oh AxB aren't gonna happen. <insert your shipping> will because she's the main female character" blahblah..

and now, zorobin, its so obvious you're trying to pull the pairing down again. i wouldn't be surprised if a non-luna fan would be so vocal about his pairing and you'd quote him again.


Quote:
If you think you're so smart, try explaining your pairings to Oda himself. He might tell you that there is more to his story than any pairings we have to offer him even if he kills off our favorite characters shattering our hopes of them having children.

So watch who you're calling an antagonist because you could very well be one yourself as a sower of discord.
No, i don't think i'm smart. i'm snarky XP LOL what? and why would i need to explain it to him when i can ship without him knowing? you, if you're so bothered about it, go tell him. nobody's stopping you.XDD you may call whatever you like. i'm not in any way bothered by it. unlike you..XP

and lastly,OP shipping is just some side dish to me. OP's story is what's the most important to me.i'm very well open even if my pairings won't happen, but i'm still sticking with them. XP
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:52   Link #274
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
LOL atleast that dude isn't persistent in pushing his opinion on me.XP

you know why i called you antagonist? it's because of your constant counters at every pairing you do not ship, quoting at every post that don't agree with your pairing. it's really laughable how you can't seem to accept that LuNami isn' t the only choice out there. you're always like "oh AxB aren't gonna happen. <insert your shipping> will because she's the main female character" blahblah..

and now, zorobin, its so obvious you're trying to pull the pairing down again. i wouldn't be surprised if a non-luna fan would be so vocal about his pairing and you'd quote him again.
You're real persistant to counter me every time I try to get through to you and it's getting annoying. Laugh all you want about my LuNami shipping because it will happen when you least expect it. Alot of people laughed at Alan Moore about his opinions of the world and he proved them wrong with his masterpiece- WATCHMEN.

As to why I commented about your Zoro and Robin shipping, someone other than me is bound to prove you wrong by telling you about their shipping on Robin and Franky or Robin and Sanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
No, i don't think i'm smart. i'm snarky XP LOL what? and why would i need to explain it to him when i can ship without him knowing? you, if you're so bothered about it, go tell him. nobody's stopping you.XDD you may call whatever you like. i'm not in any way bothered by it. unlike you..XP

and lastly,OP shipping is just some side dish to me. OP's story is what's the most important to me.i'm very well open even if my pairings won't happen, but i'm still sticking with them. XP
If by snarky you mean annoying as Annoying Orange then I'd agree. I don't know how anyone will be sticking to such pairings when different pairings would happen instead in the end. The problem with you is that you never seem to take what would happen seriously and that it would bite you like a pit bull when it does happen. You may consider stupidity as bliss but it would never compare to the power of knowledge.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 12:39   Link #275
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
As to why I commented about your Zoro and Robin shipping, someone other than me is bound to prove you wrong by telling you about their shipping on Robin and Franky or Robin and Sanji.
Ehh he can't be proven wrong cause theres nothing to prove, likewise same with Luffy X Nami, infact at this moment most pairings can't be proven right or wrong and you stating that anything other than the pairings you only like are wrong is wearing thin.
I got no probs if you want to give a little reminder now and again but you do seem to pounce at any chance to say otherwise when someone brings up something other than LuNa.

If I had any guesses at shipping I'd say Robin X Sanji is as unlikely to happen as Robin X Franky which is as unlikely as Luffy cold turkey on meat.

Shipping in One Piece can't really be taken seriously, not till we're given something awefully concrete in moving us down a certain path but we've had no such thing really for any of the pairings, expect maybe Chopper could end up monopolizing the girls attention

I myself may have always liked LuNa but then I jumped ship when Hancock entered the ring

Oh and count me as a Zoro X Perona, I love that pairing!

Another chance to post one of my favorite OP pics!

Spoiler:
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 16:48   Link #276
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ehh he can't be proven wrong cause theres nothing to prove, likewise same with Luffy X Nami, infact at this moment most pairings can't be proven right or wrong and you stating that anything other than the pairings you only like are wrong is wearing thin.
I got no probs if you want to give a little reminder now and again but you do seem to pounce at any chance to say otherwise when someone brings up something other than LuNa.
I have to defend my opinions from being crushed by usurpers like BakaBakaOtaku who is being a bane to my existance by preventing my imagination to take root. In other words, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If I had any guesses at shipping I'd say Robin X Sanji is as unlikely to happen as Robin X Franky which is as unlikely as Luffy cold turkey on meat.
You may be right about the Robin x Sanji shipping being unlikely, but someone has to give Sanji some sort of hope of changing his martial status. And we could both agree that the Robin x Franky is unlikely to happen because we don't even expect it to happen. I wonder if Luffy has ever eaten turkey wether it's cold or not? Turkey happens to be a type of meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Shipping in One Piece can't really be taken seriously, not till we're given something awefully concrete in moving us down a certain path but we've had no such thing really for any of the pairings, except maybe Chopper could end up monopolizing the girls attention
It's true we have not seen such things happen, but I have my faith in Oda (even if he's as mad as a hatter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I myself may have always liked LuNa but then I jumped ship when Hancock entered the ring
Ye of little faith may have strayed from the path of virtue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh and count me as a Zoro X Perona, I love that pairing!

Another chance to post one of my favorite OP pics!

Spoiler:
We would have to see if Perona ever encounters Zoro again in the New World.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 14:05   Link #277
CaptainSmoker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KJs nightsmares
Age: 25
I am a Luffy x Nami fan but I got to say

1--First off Sanji is not going to be with Nami

He is the kinda kid that walks into an ice cream store and wants to try all the flavors not just one.

Luffy only wants Pirate king flavor and his navigator xD

2--And about Hancock, Oda used her for strategic reasons. She was meant to help Luffy during the marineford war the same way Jimbei, crocodile and others helped Luffy. Hancock is 100% comedy and nothing more. She is almost twice Luffy's height, 10 years older, and if she ever met Luffy's crew she would turn all the men to stone because she is too attractive. So luffy can't protect his own nakama from her xD

Oda introduced her to increase Luffy's fire power thats all. The biggest evidence against her is Luffy rejecting her multiple times. Nami has yet to reject Luffy and Luffy is attracted to her for some reason --- he had a nose bleed twice seeing her naked.

3- It feels as though Nami and Luffy were designed for one another. They both need each other bad, Luffy can't sail without Nami and Nami needs his strength. I know that right now in the manga there is almost no development between the two but I believe Movie 10 strong world had alot of hints of whats to come between Luffy and Nami. It may not happen as typical romance but rather as an more affection for one another until the end where we have a Pairing!
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 16:15   Link #278
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Romance is the last thing on Oda's mind. There are so many other themes (and more important ones at that) that he's delving into, such as: adventure, ambition, misguidance, power, corruption, greed, manipulation, deception, oppression, friendship, trust, faith, fate, ideology/philosophy, struggle, loss, grief, etc.

If romance happens, then so be it. But that's clearly not what Oda is focusing on.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 10:00   Link #279
CaptainSmoker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KJs nightsmares
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I care little about One Piece romance but since I like sticking my nose where it doesn't belong: one fan asked about Luffy's nosebleeds in a SBS. Oda simply answered that Luffy doesn't care about naked Nami, he had a nosebleed because he saw Usopp have one, so he imitated him. If you don't believe me, go read the SBS. Oda is jokes about romance and any fan-made pairing came as a surprise to him (aka he never intended anything romantic in the first place...)
Ya I read that before, but you have to admit Oda had to say something like that just incase he wanted to throw fans off from his future plots. But At this point in the manga Its really hard to see Luffy fallen for any girl. I would think you would actually need another time skip or for pairings to happen at the end of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Romance is the last thing on Oda's mind. There are so many other themes (and more important ones at that) that he's delving into, such as: adventure, ambition, misguidance, power, corruption, greed, manipulation, deception, oppression, friendship, trust, faith, fate, ideology/philosophy, struggle, loss, grief, etc.

If romance happens, then so be it. But that's clearly not what Oda is focusing on.
Your right actually I never gave a damn about these pairings until last week when I read few of these forums it was just interesting is all. I am the kinda guy that wants my favourite characters to get hooked up at the end of my show/movie. Still it would be nice if at the end at least we see who my 3 favorite straw hats end up with:

LuffyxNami
ZoroxRobin or Tashigi

I find it interesting that Oda made the Tashigi Zoro connection so obvious. It makes me believe if Zoro will have a pair than certainly Luffy will at the end.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 21:17   Link #280
CaptainSmoker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KJs nightsmares
Age: 25
Yes bigdeal000 I agree its hard to predict things such as pairing in One piece when the manga is not about that. This is why I point out that I don't think we will see actual romance in the but we may see pairing at the end much like Dragon ball since both share similar attributes:

Stupid lead Character
Adventure and Action based
Time Skips etc

Oda I believe wants Luffy to look like this towards the end of ONe piece
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...c001.1/49.html

Its from his one shot Romance Dawn.

I really think we will see a more mature Luffy the way we saw a mature Goku. For this reason I think its possible for Nami to like em after another time skip towards the end. As of now he is a kid but I really think after he matures a bit there will be a 1 sided love from Nami.

Last edited by CaptainSmoker; 2012-12-13 at 22:12.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.