AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-07, 02:19   Link #61
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I never say opinions are facts. They're my opinions, and yes I am a opinionated but I clearly say it's an opinion. I state facts are facts.I base my opinions off of FACTS. Always have.

I clearly said "in your opinion the arc sucked and in my opinion it didn't"

I have also proclaimed (more than one once) that it's a matter of "tastes"
*shrugs* Maybe he just meant hypocrisy. Because you know despite supposedly recognising other people's opinions, you have a tendacy belittling others opinions and generalisations (even when i warned you countless of times not to):
Spoiler for space:
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2011-11-07 at 04:07.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 18:51   Link #62
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
WORDS!
when I said,"got to know when to take the L" I didnt mean, ok everyone stop reading the manga its failed you and me. It was me saying,"hey, i liked this arc, but its gotten to the point i cant defend it"

People like the arc, seems lots of people hate it. I dont hate it, but im not going to try and sway peoples opinions, thats what i was trying to say.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:38   Link #63
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but much like the gillians, normal VL's turned out to be mostly overhyped. Seriously, if the top 3 espada disappointed you, then normal VL's can't be expected to perform any better. Because those VL class espada were actually more powerful than your typical VL-class menos since shinigamification greatly augmented their strength.
A guy can dream can't he? :|
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:20   Link #64
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I also found this arc to be EXTREMELY boring. Did we really need all this just so Ichigo could get his powers back? We could have just had a 3 chapter training arc with Ichigo at the beginning of the real arc. I find myself reading Bleach every couple weeks instead of diligently following spoilers and releases the minute they came out since this arc started. Fullbring is something that needed it's own series, not a short arc in a manga where it has next to nothing to do with the plot.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 13:57   Link #65
AvalonCode
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Online
Another training arc you say? Really? Noway man!! Kishi and Kubo and these silly a$$ training arcs is getting too ridiculous. I still dont understand just how Ichi seems to beat all the Captains when they have been training to perfect their skill for 100's of years and he comes along and pulls a great big Plot-Kai in some stupid hyperbolic time chamber not once but, 3 times. Why cant they do some training off screen like how Ishida did when he got healed after being served by the FB.
__________________

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 15:24   Link #66
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
^ Ichigo has only ever defeated one captain, and that's Byakuya. He drew with Kenpachi and he basically lost to Aizen, since it was Urahara who ultimately sealed him...not to mention Aizen lost his captain status long ago
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 15:45   Link #67
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I also found this arc to be EXTREMELY boring. Did we really need all this just so Ichigo could get his powers back?
lol. Apparently not. Because the only thing Ichigo needed to do was sit back, relax, and just wait for his powers to be returned. Come to think of it, the method Kubo came up with to instantly return his shinigami powers seemed awfully simple--which can sort of bring up some potential problems. Because without any defined limitations as to the extent this method can be used, it easily defeats the entire purpose and the novelty of the "final" attack. Case in point, whats to stop Ichigo from using FGT again on the next major bad guy to pose the next big threat? I mean after all, Urahara and the rest of the shinigami can just give him his powers back yet again. So it'll be somewhat interesting to see what explanation (if any) Kubo will come up with to prevent FGT from being a plausible solution.

In any case, I'm predicting the purpose of this arc lies within the fate of the fullbringers. Because if the sole purpose of this arc was just to give Ichigo his powers back, and all the fullbringers end up defeated, dead, or just plain gone for good before at least doing something that will affect the future of the plot, then the arc itself fails completely. I may not place much faith in Kubo's abilities as a story writer, but I don't think he's THAT incompetent. So I'm pretty sure at least one of the fullbringers will come through to provide some much needed purpose to this arc once it's all said and done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Ichigo has only ever defeated one captain, and that's Byakuya. He drew with Kenpachi and he basically lost to Aizen, since it was Urahara who ultimately sealed him...not to mention Aizen lost his captain status long ago
I think the point still stands though. (And without being too nitpicky , if he was able to defeat one captain, it stands to reason he's come to rival their strength on average). Although its a point that isn't necessarily limited to just Ichigo. That being, a lot of characters in Bleach have trained for many decades (or centuries) just to have obtained the strength they had at the start of this series. But yet Ichigo and his friends (like Ishida and Chad) can come along to rival or even surpass the strength of these characters in a small fraction of the time. And lets face it, at full strength, its no secret that Ichigo far surpasses everyone--including Yamamoto. We don't have to see that match-up take place to know that. FGT was stupidly OP, and we can only speculate as to why that is, or how the hell no one else among the Gotei 13 either didn't learn it, or thought their own "final" attack wouldn't be powerful enough to beat Aizen with. Heck, we still don't even know why some of the participants in the war refrained from using bankai. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:20   Link #68
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Ichigo has been using hax ever since Yoruichi's bankai doll, so getting his powers back in such a short time is very Kubo-like...but maybe he had planned to end Bleach with the fall of Aizen, it was a very fitting final chapter. Still, he's had Ichigo insta-power up many times before, so one more doesn't hurt (much...).
Quote:
Heck, we still don't even know why some of the participants in the war refrained from using bankai. lol
Apparently some are too dangerous to use if there are people in a few km radius
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:38   Link #69
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
It'd be interesting if these powers are temporary...at least give some sense to FGT being somewhat final...
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:42   Link #70
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Apparently some are too dangerous to use if there are people in a few km radius
Well officially, there's only one unseen bankai we know to be like that. We don't know for sure how dangerous all the others we haven't seen are to bystanders. Besides, when it came to confronting Aizen, the old man was willing to nuke the entire battlefield and take all his subordinates down in the process before even giving his own bankai a second thought. *lmao*

So who knows the real reason why more bankai's weren't used?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:47   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
hmm...
1) They don't exist.
2) Not mastered/too dangerous even for the user (see Soifon).
3) Too ugly?
4) Too much reiatsu would draw in hollows!
Feel free to comment on 4

Btw, people are talking as if this arc has ended, and this week we're getting Tsukishima in action, but doesn't it somehow feel like he should be the boss behind all this instead of Ginjou?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:54   Link #72
AvalonCode
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Online
Sayde said it right. It does stand to reason that if Ichi can beat 1 Capt then he can pretty much rival them. Then when you include the fact Ichi COMPLETELY pawned Aizen, even without going all FGT, at that point in time NO Capt including Genryūsai Yamamoto could lay a finger on Ichi. Boring. If not for the whole losing his power thing Ichi would still be majorly hax and no one in the Bleach universe could rival him in power. While it was a good thing for him to lose his power, the way in which he gains it back was poorly executed. I still think this arc should have been mostly about Isshen, since he is technically THE lost Shinigami that we know nothing of, and Gin because he was a Shinigami rep.
__________________

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:57   Link #73
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
hmm...
1) They don't exist.
a.k.a. Kubo didn't come up with it yet--which is plausible. But that's the cheap explanation.
Quote:
2) Not mastered/too dangerous even for the user (see Soifon).
And yet, despite those qualities, Soifon was willing to resort to using hers.
Quote:
3) Too ugly?
lol
Quote:
4) Too much reiatsu would draw in hollows!
Right. Because an entire battlefield composed of captains and high level menos class arrancar exerting tons of reitasu wasn't already enough hollow bait.
Quote:
Btw, people are talking as if this arc has ended, and this week we're getting Tsukishima in action, but doesn't it somehow feel like he should be the boss behind all this instead of Ginjou?
Can't argue with you there. Tsukishima's definitely still a mystery, perhaps more so than Ginjou. I also don't see him going anywhere any time soon.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 19:58   Link #74
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Well officially, there's only one unseen bankai we know to be like that. We don't know for sure how dangerous all the others we haven't seen are to bystanders. Besides, when it came to confronting Aizen, the old man was willing to nuke the entire battlefield and take all his subordinates down in the process before even giving his own bankai a second thought. *lmao*
Actually we know of at least two. Urahara and Shunsui both have Bankais that can't be released around other people. We can also assume the same applies to Yamamoto but we don't have any proof. Now Unohana.... her Bankai will probably end the world.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 20:09   Link #75
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Actually we know of at least two. Urahara and Shunsui both have Bankais that can't be released around other people.
I'm not surprised to the issue regarding Urahara's bankai get blown a little bit out of proportion. Afterall, he admitted that his bankai wasn't suited for training material. And since he's Urahara Kisuke (one of the most bamf characters in all of Bleach) that naturally must mean that his bankai is do dangerous, awesome, and volatile, that anyone who even looks at it will probably die, right? lol

But seriously, what we know about Kisuke's bankai doesn't automatically mean it has to be a threat to anyone near it. Shunsui appears to be the only one confirmed to have an unknown bankai implied to be that way for sure.
Quote:
Now Unohana.... her Bankai will probably end the world.
A likely scenario indeed.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-11-08 at 20:54.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 22:54   Link #76
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
I'm not surprised to the issue regarding Urahara's bankai get blown a little bit out of proportion. Afterall, he admitted that his bankai wasn't suited for training material. And since he's Urahara Kisuke (one of the most bamf characters in all of Bleach) that naturally must mean that his bankai is do dangerous, awesome, and volatile, that anyone who even looks at it will probably die, right? lol
Not really. It's just that, when he said it, his face seemed very sad to me. Like his Bankai is responsible for some great sadness, which in my mind means that it killed someone innocent and/or someone he cared about. I don't think it has much to do with control of his bankai since he straight up says it is the very nature of his bankai not to be used for such purposes, so I conclude it must be dangerous from that alone.


...When you add in his bamfness it makes it a surety :P

It's off-topic but I read a few fanfics about his bankai, and every single one was either terrifying or gruesome lol - some very good ideas though.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 02:18   Link #77
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonCode View Post

Dude.......wth did you just say?! None of what you said had anything to do with what I mentioned. The moral of the story is that most of us could give a rats a$$ bout the FB chars. Gin has ties with the Shinigami and he cut those ties. I wanna know 1. How he became a Shinigami Rep. 2. Why he cut ties to the Shinigami. 3. Why the Shinigami want him dead because just like Ichi, he is Shinigami/Hollow/Human hybrid but, he is still human and Shinigami dont kill humans.
I AM A DUDETTE!!!!!

My point is you're not supposed to give a rat's ass because Kubo was going to kill them off. He didn't want you to care about him. Why would he when he planned to get rid of most of them. They were only necessary to develop Ginjou and Hollow powers because Bleach is a Shinigami driven manga. That's why Ginjou is a Shinigami.

@ Sayde...fans hyped Arrancar not Kubo. Hitsugaya said that they didn't know much about them. Which means you should have taken what he said with a grain of salt. Rukia said the same, "not much is known about those Hollows" and although they won in the end, the Arrancar did give them a hard time...
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 03:41   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
@ Sayde...fans hyped Arrancar not Kubo.
Sorry for being rude, but I'll answer to this even though it isn't directed at me. Kubo TOTALLY hyped the arrancar. Starting with Toushiro's theory of 6 VL being enough to destroy SS, the conquistadores invasion of mooks followed by Grimmjow, to how Aizen later told him to share his news with his 20 brothers (insinuating Aizen had at least 20 arrancar, all far stronger than VCs and Toushiro who could barely beat mooks at 100% power). Then comes Ulquiorra with his second release and "stronger than everyone" aura, and don't get me started on the abomination that is #0...Also, some of us had thought about the existence a Hueco Mundo king, counterpart to the spirit king, and Kubo turned that into Barragan. Saying that fans hyped the arrancar is madness! Well, it's not blasphemy and this isn't Sparta, all the fans did (at least in this forum) was speculation on whether or not the espada survived their fights, who amongst their ranks were VL beforehand and if any of them would join the good guys later on. That's not hyping them up...

Quote:
They were only necessary to develop Ginjou and Hollow powers
I don't see how either of these happened...
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 04:16   Link #79
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
After reading that ^ post, I humored another thought of how Bleach could've gone.

Spoiler for Kinda OT:
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 07:04   Link #80
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The thread for chapter 472 has been created. Once spoilers have been released, please continue to discuss them here.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.