AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-11, 11:16   Link #1961
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You guys are total amateurs. This is how it should be:

InorixAyasexTsugumi >>>>> Everything else.
Naturally. Although this tends to happens lot of series where the male lead tends to be such fail. =p

Incidentally, the writer also did Mai-HiME, where yuri pairings were dominant because while there were incidental male characters, not a single pair of balls could be found in the whole series.

It's a proven fact that at this point that Sex Toy x Any female > Shu x Anyone
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:11   Link #1962
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I had pointed out earlier that a transmitter doesn't have to be transmitting at all times. If it only sent out a signal every day or so, then it would be just as undetected as it is now. Besides, it's not as if the terrorists took any precautions to find possible tracking devices.
How about we go with something simple. Maybe they simply didn't have enough time to put something elaborate like a timed transmitting pen. Plus if they simply fire at one particular moment it's hard to say who they will hit. Shu could be sent out to get the groceries for all they know . Leaving it as an item that must be activated by code ensures they will get Gai which the key and likely many of his comrades at the same time. Once they fire that thing at the signal once...they aren't getting a second shot . I think it's a stable enough explanation for the series.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:17   Link #1963
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
GHQ can call themselves GDI now....Sanitization to contain spread of crystalizing mutative agent, satellite weaponry, mechs.....


I think Shu may be the only person with eyes to see here. And that Kenji of course.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:18   Link #1964
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
The part with Shu finally being recognised as one of them was nice. Throughout the entire episode they all doubted him and treated him pretty badly.

As for Inori, i'm not sure whether what she said was true, but I kind of hate her now for using Shu. It was lucky he lost that pen/transmitter earlier, otherwise it would have ended pretty badly for Funeral Parlor, because you could see the desperation in Shu's eye once he saw Inori go into the room with Gai. The smile of disbelief and lost hope really showed Shu's feelings towards everything...He really was only there for Inori, and now that he knew the truth, I'm sure he would have activaed the transmitter if he had it.

As for Gai, I doubt he's dead. Scenario's like this always happen and yet they reappear a few episodes later.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:24   Link #1965
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
How about we go with something simple. Maybe they simply didn't have enough time to put something elaborate like a timed transmitting pen. Plus if they simply fire at one particular moment it's hard to say who they will hit. Shu could be sent out to get the groceries for all they know . Leaving it as an item that must be activated by code ensures they will get Gai which the key and likely many of his comrades at the same time. Once they fire that thing at the signal once...they aren't getting a second shot . I think it's a stable enough explanation for the series.
Agreed. That works for me.

Also, I think that the term "terrorist organization", while useful for possible sociopolitical commentary, is perhaps giving a skewed perception of Funeral Parlor.

Funeral Parlor seems to me to be more of a rag-tag insurgency force, albeit one extremely well-armed.

Honestly, GHQ vs. Funeral Parlor reminds me a bit of GDI vs. The Brotherhood of Nod in Command and Conquer games, only this time "GDI" is in the antagonist role.

You could even draw a bit of a similarity between Gai and Kane. Kane somehow survived a strike from an Ion Cannon, which was basically GDI's version of an Orbital Death Ray.

Well, now Gai was reportedly in the strike zone for the Leukocyte, GHQ's version of an Orbital Death Ray...
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:26   Link #1966
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. That works for me.

Also, I think that the term "terrorist organization", while useful for possible sociopolitical commentary, is perhaps giving a skewed perception of Funeral Parlor.

Funeral Parlor seems to me to be more of a rag-tag insurgency force, albeit one extremely well-armed.

Honestly, GHQ vs. Funeral Parlor reminds me a bit of GDI vs. The Brotherhood of Nod in Command and Conquer games, only this time "GDI" is in the antagonist role.
Even the Apoc virus is more like Tiberium....Code Geass? More like CnC lololol
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:36   Link #1967
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
The part with Shu finally being recognised as one of them was nice. Throughout the entire episode they all doubted him and treated him pretty badly.

As for Inori, i'm not sure whether what she said was true, but I kind of hate her now for using Shu. It was lucky he lost that pen/transmitter earlier, otherwise it would have ended pretty badly for Funeral Parlor, because you could see the desperation in Shu's eye once he saw Inori go into the room with Gai. The smile of disbelief and lost hope really showed Shu's feelings towards everything...He really was only there for Inori, and now that he knew the truth, I'm sure he would have activaed the transmitter if he had it.

As for Gai, I doubt he's dead. Scenario's like this always happen and yet they reappear a few episodes later.
Yeah I expect this whole Gai bombing thing to give some insight into how much the group needs him to function. Kenji wakes up at the worst time and that personality should ruffle more feathers than Shu's ever did .

Was good to see some acceptance at the end. Does show that results do matter to these people. Besides just hearing about some super ability is different from seeing it in action.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:37   Link #1968
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
And Gai is Kane? Preposterous!
Kane is a great man, a prophet, a grand speaker, an ingenious strategist and he's awesomely bald!
All hail Kane! And Kane lives!
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:42   Link #1969
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
The part with Shu finally being recognised as one of them was nice. Throughout the entire episode they all doubted him and treated him pretty badly.

As for Gai, I doubt he's dead. Scenario's like this always happen and yet they reappear a few episodes later.
Why do I have the feeling more mistreatment is coming up? Anyways, the preview for the next episode not only gives away Gai's condition (guess what it is), it also shows something that I wished happened in this episode.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-11-11 at 19:58.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:42   Link #1970
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
And Gai is Kane? Preposterous!
Kane is a great man, a prophet, a grand speaker, an ingenious strategist and he's awesomely bald!
All hail Kane! And Kane lives!
I admit that Kane is a much better character (so far at least) than Gai, lol.

But I really do have to wonder if Guilty Crown borrowed some inspiration from the Command and Conquer games. Some interesting overlap there.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:42   Link #1971
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
It seemed to me it wasn't a blood transfusion so much as kidney dialysis maybe? I guess I don't know what those machines look like exactly. But theres no way you could give a transfusion 2-3x a month. Then again that could explain why Inori always looks so sickly...

Someone else brought up a good point with them test-firing it on the LN troops. Will they someone try to blame Funeral Parlor for the attack? Also: they seem to have the worst security and tracking ever in this show. Funeral Parlor can move missile batteries and mechs around the city with impunity it seems. They also were able to approach that military landing strip without anyone questioning them either...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:46   Link #1972
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 5 was pretty good. Can't wait until the OST is out. The background music is really nice.
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:18   Link #1973
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
As Gai is 17 years old, I wonder what his Void will look like once Shu pulls it out. It either will be one awesome weapon, or maybe just a piece or rock.

If I had a serious guess, it would probably be a crown or a super advance gun that manipulates people's thoughts.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:22   Link #1974
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
As Gai is 17 years old, I wonder what his Void will look like once Shu pulls it out. It either will be one awesome weapon, or maybe just a piece or rock.

If I had a serious guess, it would probably be a crown or a super advance gun that manipulates people's thoughts.
wait I thought the void that Shu pulls out is what the person is afraid of? Did I miss something in the previous episodes?
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:29   Link #1975
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wait I thought the void that Shu pulls out is what the person is afraid of? Did I miss something in the previous episodes?
If that's true, all the students in the school have some serious psychological problems.

But anyway. It wasn't explicitly mentioned anywhere, and I don't buy into this theory.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:54   Link #1976
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Naturally. Although this tends to happens lot of series where the male lead tends to be such fail. =p

Incidentally, the writer also did Mai-HiME, where yuri pairings were dominant because while there were incidental male characters, not a single pair of balls could be found in the whole series.

It's a proven fact that at this point that Sex Toy x Any female > Shu x Anyone
I think it's cause that's the way they want it. If it were up to them they probably wouldn't even have a male character cause they "get in the way" so they try their best to marginalize them and only try to use them when they have too. The results are interesting to say the least.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:55   Link #1977
blakstealth
's Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wait I thought the void that Shu pulls out is what the person is afraid of? Did I miss something in the previous episodes?
I'm pretty sure the Voids are reflections of the person's heart..or something like that. Inori mentioned it in ep3.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:20   Link #1978
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
I'm just glad that they finally focused on Ayase, she's already going up my list of faves in this series. She's a tough woman and that's always a well addition to any genre.

It seems that the two of them have good chemistry together. I'm not trying to imply a shipping mindset or anything, but he can learn a few things from her about raising his confidence since she knows a few things about what it means to really struggle from day to day.

I gotta say it though, the doujin circles are going to go crazy over the NTR implications of Shu seeing Inori walking into Gai's love nest. Shoot, it's writing itself already...LOL
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:29   Link #1979
blakstealth
's Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
The ultimate Ayase-in-that-nightgown stitch. Courtesy of N Log N EG. It's very big, so here's the url instead.

http://nlognfansubs.files.wordpress....rown_stich.png
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 15:35   Link #1980
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
If Funeral Parlor were indeed such an organization (and if they aren't, which is suggested but not confirmed by this episode, then I think Gai's an idiot...), then what Segai has done makes complete sense. If GHQ wants to cut off the head of the snake, just tracking a third party who probably won't always be with the target is pointless. They have to know where Gai is with 100% certainty, or they'll waste what may be their best chance to get rid of him.
The terrorists don't use a cell system. They're organized more like a rag-tag army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
How about we go with something simple. Maybe they simply didn't have enough time to put something elaborate like a timed transmitting pen. Plus if they simply fire at one particular moment it's hard to say who they will hit. Shu could be sent out to get the groceries for all they know . Leaving it as an item that must be activated by code ensures they will get Gai which the key and likely many of his comrades at the same time. Once they fire that thing at the signal once...they aren't getting a second shot . I think it's a stable enough explanation for the series.
If the GHQ were competent, they would be using the transmitter as a way to find out where to send their assault teams. They have the run of the country, it their resources are basically limitless. Since we know that the GHQ is completely incompetent, this ends up telling us more about the terrorists' lack of precaution instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
GHQ can call themselves GDI now....Sanitization to contain spread of crystalizing mutative agent, satellite weaponry, mechs.....
Nah, GHQ is a much better name. You've got to remember that the term was originally used to refer to MacArthur during the occupation of Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I think it's cause that's the way they want it. If it were up to them they probably wouldn't even have a male character cause they "get in the way" so they try their best to marginalize them and only try to use them when they have too. The results are interesting to say the least.
Actually, Shu's character archetype seems to be very popular among Japanese otaku.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.