AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-29, 10:27   Link #181
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Well let me just say in the anime version they changed her personalty so badly it derailed several arcs.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 02:07   Link #182
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
it derailed several arcs.
Who cares!

Am I one of the few, who actually appreciates this "bitch" attitude of hers? Wow, I must be insane. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 21:55   Link #183
superunature
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
that is just her type, she appreciates it deep inside her.
superunature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 02:51   Link #184
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by superunature View Post
deep inside her.
Now that's hot. And imagine Kyousuke getting "that" far. Lololololol
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 02:05   Link #185
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Now that's hot. And imagine Kyousuke getting "that" far. Lololololol
kinky for pure porn but as in a drama-- no thanks! just gross man. *throws up everywhere*
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 18:13   Link #186
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
How can anyone possibly like Kirino? She treats her friends like poo, never thanks her bro for the many things he does for her, and then gets everything she wants. Freakin serious?? Its like watching netorare, it makes me so mad. Again, how can anyone sane like her? Is it true she's supposed to be an idealizee otaku?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 00:43   Link #187
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
^^

I don't think she's meant to be an ideal otaku; I'm not sure where you heard that. I suppose the reason why she acts the way she does is probably because the animators think it would be funnier that way though I do agree that they push her tsun side too far.

I haven't read the novels and manga yet, but from what I've heard she's more reasonable in them; still a tsundere, but nicer than the anime version of her.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 01:03   Link #188
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
^^

I don't think she's meant to be an ideal otaku; I'm not sure where you heard that. I suppose the reason why she acts the way she does is probably because the animators think it would be funnier that way though I do agree that they push her tsun side too far.

I haven't read the novels and manga yet, but from what I've heard she's more reasonable in them; still a tsundere, but nicer than the anime version of her.
To try to fathom why the anime staff did that to her character, I tried looking at the series as a pandering to the audience, since many LNs are such. If OreImo is just an alternate universe in which the otaku audience can play cool, then it makes sense why they would treat her the way they did.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 02:28   Link #189
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I don't like Kirino for her bitchy side. I'm ok with her dere side, sometimes adorable, but nothing stupendously charming. But she's pretty likeable when she shows her earnest side in working hard, and giving her best, in sports, in the mobile light novel arc (which anime has somewhat butchered), etc. Of course the anime only focuses only on the first one, ie. the bitchy piece-of-shit side.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 03:47   Link #190
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't like Kirino for her bitchy side. I'm ok with her dere side, sometimes adorable, but nothing stupendously charming. But she's pretty likeable when she shows her earnest side in working hard, and giving her best, in sports, in the mobile light novel arc (which anime has somewhat butchered), etc. Of course the anime only focuses only on the first one, ie. the bitchy piece-of-shit side.
Nice to know she wasn't always like this, across mediums.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:28   Link #191
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Currently Sydney, Unknown in past
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Still the same - Lot of people didn't like Kirino's attitude.

For me, she's just super - tsun? It's not that bad to be a super-tsun but I get it why people hate Kirino.

Her smile and blush is just kyun though >w<
Aurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:36   Link #192
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
How can anyone possibly like Kirino? She treats her friends like poo, never thanks her bro for the many things he does for her, and then gets everything she wants.
That's not actually true. She treasures her friends a lot. She said she "couldn't give up eroge and anime OR her friends". She cannot choose between them. She doesn't always get along with Kuroneko because of their differences of opinion. This is common in REAL fandom. And Kuro enjoys provoking her so she's not very innocent either. XD

She has also thanked Kyousuke several times-earliest time was episode 03 after he defended her from Daddy.

She thanks him again in episode 11 and gives him a present.

Kirino gets what she wants because she works so hard for it. I don't always like her bratty attitude but.........she has some serious issues, that cannot be denied.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 18:30   Link #193
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Under Your Bed
I'm not a huge fan of Kirino, but she does seem to be more of a hardcore tsuntsun in the anime version. I mean, think of how deredere she was in 8.04 (of the manga):

Spoiler for Volume 8 Chapter 4:

True, she is an unappreciative little brat, but it's also very clear that she does love her onii-chan in her own way. She's just too used to being ignored by him and being a bint to him that she doesn't know how to properly express herself.

I just hope that her attitude is addressed some day (with flashbacks to her childhood with Kyosuke) and she learns to let go and show her dense brother how much she really cares. Because as long as HE understands how she feels - whenever that happens - who cares what we think about HER personality, nay?
chromeknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:09   Link #194
Bai se de Mao
Pīnyīn
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Kirino's attitude never really bothered me, but I can understand why people dislike her so much. But, her super-tsun side could just partially be from the fact that so many people hate her hobby, and she could never be as open about it as she would have liked to (I'm talking more about at the beginning of the series).

I never read the manga for the series, though, so I guess that's why her attitude never struck me in such a shocking way.
Bai se de Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:42   Link #195
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Under Your Bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bai se de Mao View Post
I never read the manga for the series, though, so I guess that's why her attitude never struck me in such a shocking way.
The anime is a bit of a shock since it takes away all the deredere moments from Kirino in the manga. She's even less abrasive in the light novel, which leaves me wondering why producers thought it would be best to make her a hardcore type A tsundere for the anime. I guess to dissuade any wincest thoughts from the viewers. -le shrug-
__________________
chromeknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:47   Link #196
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
The anime is a bit of a shock since it takes away all the deredere moments from Kirino in the manga. She's even less abrasive in the light novel, which leaves me wondering why producers thought it would be best to make her a hardcore type A tsundere for the anime. I guess to dissuade any wincest thoughts from the viewers. -le shrug-
I dunno, having only read the LN (well I've seen like 3 episodes of the anime but that doesn't really count), she still comes off as really abrasive. I've been told she gets better later, but three volumes in and she still rather annoys me (even though her scenes are entertaining). Granted, I've also heard that the anime makes it much worse, and I sort of agree -_-...

As for a possible reason why the anime is made the way it is, it's a tradeoff between pure comedy and more serious stuff. In the novel they have way more time to develop the characters, whereas in the anime decided to sacrifice a lot of the development in exchange for pure comedy, much of which is often slapstick. That's why every time I watch the anime it just feels so so rushed. If that style's your cup of tea, that's fine, but I prefer the character development.
__________________
NanoDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:51   Link #197
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
in the anime she do not like. she is more tsundere, kirino in the manga is more cute
__________________
rickiminato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:00   Link #198
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Under Your Bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
I dunno, having only read the LN (well I've seen like 3 episodes of the anime but that doesn't really count), she still comes off as really abrasive. I've been told she gets better later, but three volumes in and she still rather annoys me (even though her scenes are entertaining). Granted, I've also heard that the anime makes it much worse, and I sort of agree -_-...
Oh, she's still an abrasive bint, but the further into the LN you get to see her PoV, not just Kyousuke's, and she's not as horrible as she is in the anime. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
As for a possible reason why the anime is made the way it is, it's a tradeoff between pure comedy and more serious stuff. In the novel they have way more time to develop the characters, whereas in the anime decided to sacrifice a lot of the development in exchange for pure comedy, much of which is often slapstick. That's why every time I watch the anime it just feels so so rushed. If that style's your cup of tea, that's fine, but I prefer the character development.
Agreed. I'm still convinced it has a bit to do with discouraging wincest too.
__________________
chromeknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:56   Link #199
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Honestly, I think part of it is just to make it a bit more polarizing and give people something to talk about. Think about how much discussion on this forum was generated just based on people's various feelings and interpretations of Kirino's behaviour. If they had made her more sympathetic, I'm not sure the anime would have gotten so much attention (i.e. people watching the show just to see what all the fuss is about and to have an opinion of their own).

I guess the other thing is that I think seeing and hearing something play out on screen can have a different connotation than reading it in a novel or seeing it in manga. Things like tone of voice make a big difference in terms of how you read certain lines, and seeing, for example, the amount of force Kirino used when she hit Kyousuke (or whatever) can change your view on whether it's more comedic or serious. I remember that the "Naru Punch" was always a major controversy back in the Love Hina anime days, though it was meant only as slapstick humour. Seeing someone go flying in a single frame of manga can seem like a joke, but seeing a punch actually connect in motion and hearing the hit and the reaction can make it seem more serious. Some of that was also subject to the interpretation of the anime staff; the way you interpreted it when you read it may have depended a bit on how sympathetic you were towards Kirino, but the anime gives you a bit less to interpret in that sense.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:04   Link #200
s0beit
kiririn.me
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Who cares!

Am I one of the few, who actually appreciates this "bitch" attitude of hers? Wow, I must be insane. XD
That's a problem for you then, because the changes they made from LN to Anime actually made her less bitchy. I'm also sad they cut out most of Kyousake's internal monologue (which is hilarious) and they reworked the entire novel arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
How can anyone possibly like Kirino? She treats her friends like poo, never thanks her bro for the many things he does for her, and then gets everything she wants. Freakin serious?? Its like watching netorare, it makes me so mad. Again, how can anyone sane like her? Is it true she's supposed to be an idealizee otaku?
Well, most of her appeal is her dere-ness which does display and her internal feelings, typical tsundere feelings I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
I dunno, having only read the LN (well I've seen like 3 episodes of the anime but that doesn't really count), she still comes off as really abrasive. I've been told she gets better later, but three volumes in and she still rather annoys me (even though her scenes are entertaining). Granted, I've also heard that the anime makes it much worse, and I sort of agree -_-...
No way, she's way worse in the novels. I have to disagree entirely. They lightened it up in the anime for sure.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-22 at 17:31. Reason: undo edit
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.