AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-13, 08:35   Link #2081
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Gai is seen as the fearless leader with no regrets to what he does. He is cold hearted to Shu, and even warns members of his own team about being kicked out of the group (Ayase). He's quite emotionless, the only thing i've seen from him was a smile, which means he's no doubt hiding his kindness so that he doesn't show any weakness when it comes to his friends/team.

It's like he's the perfect person that knows what to do, so it would be understandable if he is the first major character to be killed, since everyone at Funeral Parlor would think the exact opposite and that he wouldn't be killed since he's so perfect.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 08:59   Link #2082
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Sho training hard, but seems like a lost cause.
Guess, he wasn't really made to be an Undertaker.
Inori & Sho, but he's out of luck there.
The mock battle was intense, great thinking on his part!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 09:24   Link #2083
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post


Guilty Crown Lost Xmas
Spoiler for :


do want
No, it's a prequel to the original anime and I think Inori is her clone.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:12   Link #2084
pinoscotto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSVZ4ldgKLM
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:27   Link #2085
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Gai is seen as the fearless leader with no regrets to what he does. He is cold hearted to Shu, and even warns members of his own team about being kicked out of the group (Ayase). He's quite emotionless, the only thing i've seen from him was a smile, which means he's no doubt hiding his kindness so that he doesn't show any weakness when it comes to his friends/team.

It's like he's the perfect person that knows what to do, so it would be understandable if he is the first major character to be killed, since everyone at Funeral Parlor would think the exact opposite and that he wouldn't be killed since he's so perfect.
People can smile for more reasons than kindness. He could also just be very good at manipulating people. No one wants a leader who needs blood transfusions every 3 months to survive. If they knew this, he'd be kicked out of that position.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:31   Link #2086
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
What about Osama bin Laden and his renal impairment? (wait did he actually have kidney disease?)
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:34   Link #2087
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What about Osama bin Laden and his renal impairment?
Was he on dialysis? Renal impairment includes a vast spectrum of medical care ranging from do nothing to dialysis and transplant candidate. Gai is close to dialysis level care for whatever he has.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:40   Link #2088
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
People can smile for more reasons than kindness. He could also just be very good at manipulating people. No one wants a leader who needs blood transfusions every 3 months to survive. If they knew this, he'd be kicked out of that position.

I don't think they would kick Gai out if they found out about his condition, it's not like there's a long list of brilliant blond haired blue eyes charismatic genius leaders to take his place.

But they will start to lose morale if they think he's more venerable than they thought.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:47   Link #2089
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowel View Post
Bottom line it is actually cheating, since what should be tested is Shu's ability unrelated to Void maybe, but still it's not that bad IMO. XD
It wasn't cheating. It was a human vs a mecha battle. He had to use his ability. Besides his ability is a part of him like an extra sensitive nose to scents is for Gon in Hunter x Hunter.

I do agree that he prob shouldn't rely on it as he's fighting adults the majority of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think they would kick Gai out if they found out about his condition, it's not like there's a long list of brilliant blond haired blue eyes charismatic genius leaders to take his place.

But they will start to lose morale if they think he's more venerable than they thought.
There's always someone willing to knock No. 1 down. So he prob has a second in command that's not introduced yet.

If they knew that their leader was dependent on blood transfusion from Inori and no one else could substitute, then it's a very good reason to kick him out. He's a liability. Plus he can't be trusted since he put that secret above their cause.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:07   Link #2090
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It wasn't cheating. It was a human vs a mecha battle. He had to use his ability. Besides his ability is a part of him like an extra sensitive nose to scents is for Gon in Hunter x Hunter.

I do agree that he prob shouldn't rely on it as he's fighting adults the majority of the time.



There's always someone willing to knock No. 1 down. So he prob has a second in command that's not introduced yet.

If they knew that their leader was dependent on blood transfusion from Inori and no one else could substitute, then it's a very good reason to kick him out. He's a liability. Plus he can't be trusted since he put that secret above their cause.
Gotta agree. I don't know a lot about Gai when it comes to friends, but from what I've seen, if anyone were to find out about his condition, he really would only have Ayase and Inori to defend him. Since Shu's jealous of him, I can only imagine him siding with the larger group that want him to step down from leader, unless of course, Ayase convinces him otherwise.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:33   Link #2091
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Who does Tsugumi get? D:
Me. Of course.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:06   Link #2092
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Guy deserves whatever hopefully terrible things that are coming to him, I mean how is he not a complete an utter douchebag. What he did to Shu was literally indefensible, telling a girl to play with some poor boys feeling who essentially has noone to trust in his unfortunate position in order to manipulate him. Even if he was attempting to save the world from some super evil tyranical rulers, he litterally went about it the most asshole-like way possible. If what he was doing was so noble then tell him about it in order to convince him or at least do something to paint the general idea that he's the good guy in all this. But no he went straight for the method that would break the kid's heart while not even attempting any other option. It's not even like there was anything preventing him from trying other options.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:47   Link #2093
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Guy deserves whatever hopefully terrible things that are coming to him, I mean how is he not a complete an utter douchebag. What he did to Shu was literally indefensible, telling a girl to play with some poor boys feeling who essentially has noone to trust in his unfortunate position in order to manipulate him. Even if he was attempting to save the world from some super evil tyranical rulers, he litterally went about it the most asshole-like way possible. If what he was doing was so noble then tell him about it in order to convince him or at least do something to paint the general idea that he's the good guy in all this. But no he went straight for the method that would break the kid's heart while not even attempting any other option. It's not even like there was anything preventing him from trying other options.
He already tried to convince Shu to join in episode 2 by showing him the kind of atrocities GHQ was capable of and by proving to him that his power could be used to save a lot of innocent people. That's your other option, and it didn't work. What else was he supposed to do after that? He can not afford to have Shu's powers be wasted. He needed him to join as soon as possible (remember he is ill, he can't afford to waste time). Appealing to his sense of justice didn't work, so he tried to appeal to his hormones next, and lo and behold - this method worked wonderfully. I think that says a lot about Shu as well.

Gai's definitely not the nicest guy in town, but he's not a monster either. He's simply got a "the end justifies the means" mindset. If by breaking a teenager's heart (what a tragedy!), he can saves hundreds of people, he'll do it. Lots of anti-heroes have done a lot worse than that.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:56   Link #2094
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He already tried to convince Shu to join in episode 2 by showing him the kind of atrocities GHQ was capable of and by proving to him that his power could be used to save a lot of innocent people. That's your other option, and it didn't work. What else was he supposed to do after that? He can not afford to have Shu's powers be wasted. He needed him to join as soon as possible (remember he is ill, he can't afford to waste time). Appealing to his sense of justice didn't work, so he tried to appeal to his hormones next, and lo and behold - this method worked wonderfully. I think that says a lot about Shu as well.

Gai's definitely not the nicest guy in town, but he's not a monster either. He's simply got a "the end justifies the means" mindset. If by breaking a teenager's heart (what a tragedy!), he can saves hundreds of people, he'll do it. Lots of anti-heroes have done a lot worse than that.
He didn't tell Shu anything, showing some attrocites doesn't mean much when you release a mass murderer and don't explain it at all. At this point in time He couldn't be bothered explaining crap to Shu and went almost entirely on screwing him over. Also this was his initial plan the girl started saying that crap from the begining.

And I'm sorry using some girl to manipulate the kid and break the dudes heart does make you a heartless monster, it's one of the most awful things you could do outside of screwing over, friends and family members. This isn't a tough but needed or an extremely difficult situation that required a tough response. This was vindictive and psychopathic.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:57   Link #2095
Fiemma
Fiamma
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HELL
Lost Xmas isnt before 10 years
__________________
Fiemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:12   Link #2096
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
nothing's here

Last edited by Iby; 2011-11-14 at 04:04.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:13   Link #2097
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gai is not a good leader. He didn't even tell Shu why they were fighting for in the second episode. In the end, Shu doesn't trust him at all. And it's not what he learned in the last episode that will change something about that.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:16   Link #2098
hoarfrost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
My thing isn't about how unethical it is, but how laughably inefficient and unreliable it is. 90% of people after discovering this would not continue fighting for you, why would it even cross your mind as a viable strategy?

Also, given how Gai must be intuitive enough to know that GHQ played god cop with this kid and offered him a plausible (if not totally honest) "get out f jail free" card. If I'm Gai, I'm trying to be nice to this hormonal and unpredictable kid so that it doesn't cause unforeseen consequences down the road.

Gai's Machiavellianism is pretty shoddy and ill thought out.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:18   Link #2099
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Gai is not a good leader. He didn't even tell Shu why they were fighting for in the second episode. In the end, Shu doesn't trust him at all. And it's not what he learned in the last episode that will change something about that.
Not to mention everything he's done so far would in the end make Shu more likely to betray him, and unless said betrayal was part of the plan (which seems a bit silly considering how much they "need" him) he has some pretty terrible foresight, which is the mark of a bad leader. Either writers wave this crap anyway with some friendship/love crap to keep Shu from betraying them, or Shu replaces Guy as the leader.

Either way he's gonna need to get his ass saved from this mess up.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:24   Link #2100
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
My thing isn't about how unethical it is, but how laughably inefficient and unreliable it is. 90% of people after discovering this would not continue fighting for you, why would it even cross your mind as a viable strategy?

Also, given how Gai must be intuitive enough to know that GHQ played god cop with this kid and offered him a plausible (if not totally honest) "get out f jail free" card. If I'm Gai, I'm trying to be nice to this hormonal and unpredictable kid so that it doesn't cause unforeseen consequences down the road.

Gai's Machiavellianism is pretty shoddy and ill thought out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Not to mention everything he's done so far would in the end make Shu more likely to betray him, and unless said betrayal was part of the plan (which seems a bit silly considering how much they "need" him) he has some pretty terrible foresight, which is the mark of a bad leader. Either writers wave this crap anyway with some friendship/love crap to keep Shu from betraying them, or Shu replaces Guy as the leader.

Either way he's gonna need to get his ass saved from this mess up.
It seems he didn't include that in one of his 19657897 scenarios.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.