AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 04
10: Amazing... 33 37.50%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 23 26.14%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 17 19.32%
7 out of 10: Good... 10 11.36%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 1.14%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 4 4.55%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-13, 16:22   Link #21
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I guess Zeon hasn't really learned much since 0083. Way to use the same strategy with the same mobile suits! Too bad Torrington didn't have any nuke equipped Mobile suits to steal
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 16:52   Link #22
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Yeah, Kirks was a cool character, but I was sad when he died though. I wished the Jestas would have just let him killed himself.
the reason they didn't let him blow himself up was because he was going to blow the reactor, and cause a reaction similar to what Marida caused in episode one with the Rezel commander's reactor
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:42   Link #23
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I guess Zeon hasn't really learned much since 0083. Way to use the same strategy with the same mobile suits! Too bad Torrington didn't have any nuke equipped Mobile suits to steal
Well, they were doing a good job destroying most of the Federation's mobile suits, tanks, jets, etc. lol. It would be really cool if it was Kou Uraki in the Byalant like fans have said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
the reason they didn't let him blow himself up was because he was going to blow the reactor, and cause a reaction similar to what Marida caused in episode one with the Rezel commander's reactor
Oh, I see. I thought the Zaku Sniper's backpack was just an ammo storage though?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:52   Link #24
Golos
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western Eurasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Well, they were doing a good job destroying most of the Federation's mobile suits, tanks, jets, etc. lol.
In the end, it is still a serious net-loss for the Earth-based Zekes who should not be able to replace most of their losses, unlike the EFF.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 18:12   Link #25
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
In the end, it is still a serious net-loss for the Earth-based Zekes who should not be able to replace most of their losses, unlike the EFF.
Wasn't that all of the Zeon Remnants that massed up for the Torrington base attack? I would assume it is since it has been many years and the amount of mobile suits they had was pretty realistic in supply, sort of.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:24   Link #26
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Wasn't that all of the Zeon Remnants that massed up for the Torrington base attack? I would assume it is since it has been many years and the amount of mobile suits they had was pretty realistic in supply, sort of.
i belive so.

then again, there is a unlimited supply of zeon remnants used for sidestories and such, so you never know
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 05:12   Link #27
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Wasn't that all of the Zeon Remnants that massed up for the Torrington base attack? I would assume it is since it has been many years and the amount of mobile suits they had was pretty realistic in supply, sort of.
I guess there are many that didn't make it in time to Torrington base. Seems like the scenes showed places like Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Australian desert? Maybe Zeon remnants elsewhere didn't make it.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:52   Link #28
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
i am a bit desapointed with Episode 4

Banager turned emo , battle was awesome but the rest? pure failure
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:59   Link #29
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
So Sieg Zeon has become the self destruct code for Zeon MS?
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 21:37   Link #30
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
So Sieg Zeon has become the self destruct code for Zeon MS?
They say that Kamikaze pilots in WW2 were trained to yell "long live the emperor" before they do their dive, and I'm sure it's been depicted in Japanese entertainment culture too many times for that "final battle cry" that it has become a standard method in Gundam/anime of showing a suicide attack.

It's a double edge sword, some people like to look at it as an honorable last stand type of battle cry, to me it represents people being brainwashed and dying in the name of political ideology, which is why every time I hear Sieg Zeon (either in the show or some rabid fans calling it) I only get a cold chill down my spine. It makes you think sometimes.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 22:01   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I guess Zeon hasn't really learned much since 0083. Way to use the same strategy with the same mobile suits! Too bad Torrington didn't have any nuke equipped Mobile suits to steal
Operation Stardust was a success though, so why wouldn't they use the same strategy?
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 23:19   Link #32
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
I guess there are many that didn't make it in time to Torrington base. Seems like the scenes showed places like Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Australian desert? Maybe Zeon remnants elsewhere didn't make it.

Yeah, but there was a scene with a castle that looked European. It was where the wall broke and a Gouf stepped out.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 23:33   Link #33
MarineCorps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Where those Aqua GMs at the Torrington base that were getting crushed at the final battle there?
MarineCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 23:34   Link #34
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Oh wow now that was an action-packed episode.

I kinda dislike how the fights are so damn one-sided. First the Zeon Remants using old suits dominate the Federation and then once the Byalant comes out then it's completely reversed.

Why can't they just make it more evened out and more of a team work? On that matter it was interesting to see the Federation using the same anti-MS weapons they used from MS Igloo.

That and Banagher's emo was hard to swallow.

It's like, "Ok kid, you want to save her fine...but your in no fact concerned about the people that will get caught in the crossfire?" I know I'll get flamed for that comment but I just find it hard to take in whenever gundam shows these scenes.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 00:56   Link #35
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
As I watched this in English, all I could think about was "OMG Suzaku killed Kallen!" Lol, but yeah, Banagher was kinda annoying to an extent, but it wasn't that bad, at least not Kira-emo bad IMO.

This episode made it clear why Zeon lost the war. Zeon captains get the crap beat out of them by emo teenagers, the Federation captains are much better at disciplining their emo pilots. I can only hope Bright gives Banagher some disciplining, in fact if he doesn't slap him I will boycott Unicorn (ok not really)
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 00:57   Link #36
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Where those Aqua GMs at the Torrington base that were getting crushed at the final battle there?
Yup. They were also present when the Shamblo and the Zee Zulu's attacked the submarine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Oh wow now that was an action-packed episode.

I kinda dislike how the fights are so damn one-sided. First the Zeon Remants using old suits dominate the Federation and then once the Byalant comes out then it's completely reversed.

Why can't they just make it more evened out and more of a team work? On that matter it was interesting to see the Federation using the same anti-MS weapons they used from MS Igloo.

That and Banagher's emo was hard to swallow.

It's like, "Ok kid, you want to save her fine...but your in no fact concerned about the people that will get caught in the crossfire?" I know I'll get flamed for that comment but I just find it hard to take in whenever gundam shows these scenes.

The way I see it is that the Federation were completely off guard, hence the whole "Giving the Feddies the shock of their lives" message to the Zeon Remnants. There is also the chance that most of the mobile suits pilots stationed were rookies that had little combat experience since there hasn't been a full scale war for a couple of years. As for the teamwork aspect you mentioned, yeah, they could have done that. I see it as they were panicking and trying to scramble all available things (I.E. tanks, jets, etc).
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 01:37   Link #37
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Operation Stardust was a success though, so why wouldn't they use the same strategy?
Militarily Yes. Ideologically? No
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 01:46   Link #38
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
This episode was just....I can't pick one word that best describes how fantastic this episode was. The mecha action in particular was by far the best the series has pulled. This is the Saving Private Ryan of Gundam. The action, story, and character interaction hits ya deep in the heart.
GN0010 Nosferatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 03:06   Link #39
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Pretty disappointed lost this might be caused of different mixed unit from other country not getting communicating each other and no high rank officer available to give summon each unit to take ambush position for the feddie reinforcement. I wonder what the hell they give the Shamblo role to take out the H.Q. instead destroying strong points or strong opponents?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 03:25   Link #40
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
So are Minovsky Particles still in play in the UC timeline?

How is it that the Federation could pick up Char's Mobile Suit in space, but their radar and sonar couldn't pick up all those "outdated" mobile suits and ships approaching the base on Earth?

I just found the whole sneak-attack aspect implausible.


I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with this episode. It doesn't feel like much happened outside of that one Neo-Zeon attack. For being 50 minutes long, much of it felt like filler without much buildup.

This series has only 2 episodes left to go and it doesn't seem to be heading anywhere in particular.

Sorry, I'm venting. This whole "war is bad" Gundam/anime trope has really worn thin. the whole franchise is based on giant robots destroying stuff, so I don't get why everyone has to whine about it.

Banagher and Mineva have also seemed to get character down-grades this episode. They're becoming more and more simple character archetypes as the series goes on.

I still don't get what Neo-Zeon is trying to accomplish? Are they trying to defeat the Federation government militarily? Why don't they just Secede and be done with it?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.